Searching for a new writing partner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Erica

Original poster
Hello all!

I am a long time veteran RPer and I have come back out of a short hibernation to start writing again. I have lots of different interests and many different stories floating about my head. However, we don't have to do any of those. I would honestly prefer thinking up something with my partner rather than going off what I suggest solely. So, if you're interested in a writing partner, then I might be what you're looking for.

To start with, I am interested in fantasy realms and fantasy elements. This can be supernatural, magical, curses, prophecies, etc. These can be in the modern world, a created realm, or even something historical.

(An idea I have had with the fairy tale/prophecy thing is inspired by Beauty and the Beast. The setting could be modern or historical, depends on which direction we wished to go. Either way, the story deals with the nobility of the realm and their prestige. Each family has an animal attributed to their house and each family is interwoven in some way. Sometimes the family of the Sheep are more prone to being friends with the family of the Snakes, and sometimes the family of the Eagle is prone to being enemies with the Wolves. You get the idea. A curse was laid on these families long ago that they must marry another family of noble birth. Any child made of "insignificant blood" would be cursed. Sometimes this curse manifests as a physical ailment such as blindness, deafness, muteness, etc. The house normally crumbles when an heir such as this is born as marriage to another is almost impossible.

One such house has had this disaster. This house had laid dormant on its hill for years and most believe the master of the house to be dead. This is the only house that a small servant girl can escape to for freedom. It is in her disruption of the house that brings about change.)

I'd also be down for anything in the realm of modern/supernatural with ghosts, ghouls, demons, angels, vampires, werewolves, etc. I don't mind as long as it is a grittier telling than a romance novel.

I've also had a circus idea looming in the back of my head that has to do with some supernatural and fantasy elements, though less so than anything else. It could be modern or historical, or even steampunk.

If you enjoy steampunk, historical, or anything with good old technology versus magic, I'm your girl. I have an idea that involves that as well.

Maybe you have an idea? If so, lay it on me! I'd love to hear it.

Here's hoping to hearing from some of you! Send me a private message rather than respond here. E-mails help me out tons! OR you can just e-mail me if you want! [email protected]

I love your beauty and the beast idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.