DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
These character templates are FREE SAMPLES. You may take and alter them however you like! Be sure to post here if you've used a template and would like to show off your fully developed character.

trainingwheels.png

NAME: The Training Wheels
PERSONALITY: Not the brightest crayon in the box, but his heart is in the right place. He's kind of like an overeager puppy: energetic, easily influenced by others, sweet, loyal, and persistent. A bit naive for his age. Too spacey to realize complicated emotional feelings.
SUGGESTED SETTING: ModFan, SciFan, or Modern

geekwithapastbetter.png

NAME: The Geek with a Past
PERSONALITY: Kind of a shut-in. Has OCD to the extreme and is a bit germophobic. Beneath that mild-mannered nerd exterior, however, is a bad-boy buried deep inside. Just ask him about his days of juvenile delinquency.
SUGGESTED SETTING: Romance, Modern, or Historical

woundeddovebetter.png

NAME: The Wounded Dove
PERSONALITY: Reclusive and shy. Something has made her become overwhelmed with grief, and perhaps guilt. Prone to mood swings. Huge self-esteem issues, possibly related to feeling out of touch with her humanity.
SUGGESTED SETTING: Horror, ModFan, or Historical

guardianangel.png

NAME: The Guardian Angel
PERSONALITY: A wellspring of positivity. Part of this is because she is not quite "normal". She's on a mission to guide someone, to bring out their full potential, and to protect them along the way. Her abilities make her quite capable of the task. However, she's struggling to overcome or suppress what makes her different, and it may be holding her back.
SUGGESTED SETTING: Sci-Fi, SciFan, ModFan, or Fantasy.

surlyscotsman.png

NAME: The Surly Scotsman
PERSONALITY: Gruff, grouses a lot, and is kind of anal-retentive. A scientist; mathematically-minded; "left-brained". He has a troubled and complicated family history, and a slightly embarrassing (in his opinion, anyway) condition. He doesn't really like to talk about himself much... but his heart's in the right place.
SUGGESTED SETTING: ModFan, SciFan, Sci-Fi, or Horror.

addict.png

NAME: The Addict
PERSONALITY: Shy and depressed. He has a seriously, seriously bad habit that he just can't kick, and it makes him isolate himself from other people. He's recently relocated in an attempt to escape his old life, but it might be catching up to him. His feelings are easily injured.
SUGGESTED SETTING: Modern, ModFan, Horror

upandcoming.png

NAME: The Up-and-Coming
PERSONALITY: A feisty and headstrong young ingenue with a wealth of potential. She's been taken under the wing of a great mentor figure. However, she still doesn't understand the way the world works... or, unfortunately, just how much damage she's capable of.
SUGGESTED SETTING: Fantasy, Historical

angrytechguy.png

NAME: The Angry Tech Guy
PERSONALITY: Irritable, antisocial, and easily flustered. He gets along better with machines than he does with people. Nerdy to a fault. He's the best at what he does, though, and his skills are a hot commodity... although that just seems to land him in trouble.
SUGGESTED SETTING: Sci-Fi, ModSci, SciFan, or Modern

Last edited:
This sounds like my type of man, lol.
I have never thought of a character type like this--I really like it.
It gives me a few cool ideas for the future :D
Awesome job, sir.

Oddly enough, I have to agree with Princess of Alabasta. I never gave thought to this type of character. Usually geeks I think of the best friend that likes the girl but doesn't get with her in the end... yeah. Poor guy. XD

Fantastic idea though.. I may see where I can take it one of these days.

I have to agree with the two above me. I really want to make a character like this and I have thought of some great idea for this kind of character. :O Love it love it love it.

Fixed some formatting and merged all these guys into one post. Maybe I'll do more sometime! Meanwhile, enjoy these free starter templates for your character needs.

thanks for posting this! it's super helpful to have examples

Awesome ideas! It's really cool of you to put stuff like this out to help the rest of us thanks man!