Sailing in the Stars: The Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful, I made it here... late... with EVERYONE already interviewed...

These were the thoughts that ran through the head of Marcus as he made his way into The Eight-arm Tap. The crowd there was already making him uncomfortable, the type of din in here was nothing like he was used to, the sound of running engines and moving machinery. Being around so many people was not something he was well accustomed to, but this was the area in which he would have to meet his potential new boss. He breathed a deep sigh as he finally spotted the captain and made his way there. She seemed to be busy with someone else at the moment so he took an empty seat nearby and waited for her to be done.

You need to get this Marcus... this may be your only chance of seeing everything... to travel and explore! You NEED this...

He thought to himself as he took another deep breath, flipping on his holo-mobile and preparing the files and images he would use with his interview.
Mari 4 was almost finished with her beer, and ready to order another one, when she noticed the latecomer arriving. She held her beer out in her direction and yelled.

"Good luck, Mister Late!"

She then turned to the bartender. "Another can of Asahi, please!" she said, raising her index finger. She was thinking of getting some for the road too, since she wasn't sure what would be available on board the ship, once it woul embark.

Ghato was letting the Captain drill Erin a bit when Marcus arrived. He caught Maya's eye, jerked his head in Marcus' direction, and moved his hand in the silent "I'll take care of this" gesture that the Captain knew very well by now.

"Excuse me," He got up from his seat and stretched his back a little before he walked over to greet Marcus. Each of his footsteps made a noticeable "thunk" on the hard bar room floor. Ghato was from a tall race and the 250 pound alien towered over most others in the room, at least in physical height. When he got to Marcus, he had to look down a little to see him. Ghato extended his hand in a well practiced human handshake, perfected by his work in a melting pot community.

"Hi there. I'm Ghato. I'll be your Chief of Security on the Belarus, assuming you make the team. I can interview you over here," he gestured over to an empty booth, "You're a little late though, don't you think?"

He began to lead Marcus to his seat.
"You're lucky I got to you before the Captain did; she would have chewed your head off for being late." Ghato added quietly.

As he waited, the voice of another caught his attention, he looked over to see one of the new members, and recognized her as one of the Mari 4 clones he had heard about in his childhood. Interesting she would come all this way for work. She went on to jokingly wish him luck and he could only duck his head in embarrassment at being called Mr. Late.

Not that i dont deserve it... but i mean, this place is so new to me! And the fella that gave me those screwy directions was far from helpful.

Thought Marcus to himself as he stayed silent. He was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable here around so many people. He wished that he were back at his father's mechanic shop, back where he was comfortable and doing what he did best, fix machines. Soon enough, another voice caught his attention, a tall and intimidating looking alien who looked like he could knock his head off with a single punch. While Marcus was pretty tall himself, around six foot four, he was still easily overtaken by him, and silently gulped back the knot that formed in his throat as he looked up to meet the aliens gaze.

He stretched out a hand and Marcus quickly understood, taking the hand and shaking it formally, trying to let his shoulders relax as the alien introduced himself as Ghato. He couldnt help but give an uncomfortable shift as he mentioned how the captain would have chewed him out for being late.

"Pleasure to meet you sir... My name is Marcus, Marcus Holland."

He took a deep breath as he sat down, preparing himself mentally for what he was to say next. He needed to impress this guy to get the job... and he needed this job.

"Well I guess I should get straight to the point so as to not waste any more time, I was born and raised a few systems away from earth, a planet known as Gendor. My father served as an engineering officer in the civillian- military department and taught me everything he knew. He purchased a machinery shop after retirement and thats where you could say I grew up. I can work with any engine, from a basic thrust capacitor to a military hyperspace jump engine. I can also program and maintenance main system controls for engines and other machinery, including but not limited to hydraulic systems, fuel lines, electrical systems and communication lines. I dont have any degrees of sorts, what my dad couldnt teach me, I learned myself through books and personal trial and error. Built my first hoverbike when I was fifteen from the parts of a junked Scavenger Cruiser, theres images of that in this holo-mobile."

Sure enough, there were sequential images of the hoverbike and the young Marcus, each image showing a later year and with improvements on the bike. Other images included were images of Marcus working on engines varying in sizes from a simple town cruiser to oversized thrust engines meant for large starships. He kept a straight face as he waited for what Ghato would say.

Sarcastic congratulations were one of the hardest things to reply appropriately to because an apology sounded wrong in one way and a "thank you" sounded even more wrong in another.

The interview did not go exactly as well as she had expected, and it was hard to hide her frustration about the lack of success in her hastily executed self-interview. Considering it was the first she ever conducted, it might be of some consolation to herself for her to think that she didn't really do that terrible of the job.

Yet - Fatal. Erin winced at that notion.

"I've seen people die from a lot of things. Asphyxiation. Blood loss. Organ failure. But - " She said, trying to maintain a tone as reassuring as possible while still remaining polite.

"with due respect, Ma'am, I have not yet seen one case in which a patient suffers any damage more than what is inevitable because of a lack of focus - if that happens to be your concern.

"Two and a half months ago, the trading ship Raphael was on its return trip to the Sol system after eight months of its traversal of the Sigma-Tau system. A hull breach happened as we were somehow not notified of a cloud of debris from a recent Scavenger attack on another fleet, and one passenger got hit by some shrapnel. In the face. Well, what was the face at that time - was an arcabellian.

"Things got pretty mangled real quick because ...uh, the arcabellian nervous and locomotion systems were a perpetual tangled mess anyway. And he struggled a lot before they got him to the medic quarters. Airway blockage too. I was a third of the available medical staff at the moment and half of the team that had to take care of him. We got to it almost immediately but It took … around seven hours...eight maybe? To patch everything back together. Never even broke off to think about that cake I intended to eat before I got called over in that time."

She furrowed her eyebrows and glanced at the ceiling trying to remember come details, with gestures with her hands that were the result of her trying to mentally reconstruct the scene in front of her back then.

"Uh, almost everything. He lost his - " this took her a few seconds to determine " - left - eye and much of a left ear, because an arcabellian nerve bundle caught between a pair of shattered ribs was practically impossible to restore."

She looked to the side again, and then nodded, as if to reassure herself that she didn't recall anything incorrectly.

"...but yeah. He got out mostly alright. No worries about concentration. As for the des -"

She paused for a moment to compose her following words. "As for the description of an instance", she was almost going to continue, yet she realized before those words escaped her mouth that she had already given one. And in retrospect, it did seem more convincing as a response to this demanded recount of a single incident than being compelling enough to be any sort of argument about her professional capability. She'd admit that arcabellian wasn't the best of work she ever did either.

" - description. That's the description of one event."

She nodded, and kept a corner of her lower lip under her teeth as she looked back, a bit hesitantly, at the still mostly expressionless face of the unamused captain:

"...does that pass?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghato nodded at each statement and image that came his way. To be completely honest, the Engineering department was in dire need of employees, and this Marcus guy seemed pretty good. Ghato noted the lack of a formal education, but the kid had experience and in Ghato's book, experience is worth ten times more than any degree or certificate. Combined with the lack of staffing in the Engineering department, Marcus' chances were looking pretty good.

"Alright well, you look like you've got a good head on your shoulders and you've done some impressive work. We need people like you that specialized specifically in keeping the ship in one piece." Ghato looked over to the Captain's table, "And between you and me, we need some people with those skills pretty badly. So unless you punch me and set the bar on fire, I think you've got yourself a job."

He could go on an nitpick, but what would be the use? He'd meant what he'd said. They needed technical people who knew what they were doing and Marcus had done exactly that his whole life. Ghato began to get up from the bar to let Maya know it was almost time to leave.

"Bet you thought this was gonna be a lot harder in your head, huh? Have yourself a drink and we'll be leaving for the ship shortly. Put it on my tab, consider it my welcoming gift. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to the Captain." He stopped before fully standing up, "And if anyone asks, I drilled you pretty hard and you barely got the job. Okay?"

Unless they were overqualified for something, Maya didn't like it when Ghato hired someone without putting them through hoops. Feng had been a mercenary for quite a while and he'd built up a name, so that was an exception; but even if Ghato meant to hire them, he put newcomers through some heat, at least if the Captain was watching. Otherwise, he'd let his judge of character do the talking, and he liked to think he was a pretty good judge of character.

Ghato came to a stop behind Erin who was finishing up their interview, and he jerked his thumb back towards the bar exit. They didn't want to fall behind schedule, so it was time to get going.

Maya simply chuckled at the end of Erin's description of past events. Honestly, she wasn't worried about her ability to stay on task as her record was spotless in that regards. No, she just needed to see if Erin had some form of humility as the hubris of a doctor is always the downfall of a crew when one is needed. She stood up from the table and walked around to the other side, placing a firm grip on her shoulder, leading her towards the door with her.

"C'mon, you drunken wretches. We have work to do and it sure as hell isn't getting done with all of you lazing about! Ghato, please contact Mr. Feng and have him get his ass on the ship double-time. Though, it would be amusing to see if he returned to the bar with all of his stuff only to find it empty..."

Captain Maya chuckled at her own, dry joke and headed towards the exit of the bar, pushing Erin with her. Once the two were outside, she gave Erin a pat on the back and turned to her.

"You'll do fine."

That was all she said before nodding to herself and walking towards the ship, calling back: "Berth 32-C, Deck Twelve. Departure: 27:00."

She looked at her chrono as she said that: two hours and ten minutes before Vix begins pre-flight checks and they can get off this rock. She had important things to check into and she was wasting time.

. . .
Upon hearing Captain Maya's announcement, Jack stood up from his stool at the bar and made sure he had everything he needed, outside of what was wired to his wrist. Satisfied that he was packed and ready to go, he followed her out of the bar, slipping past Erin as he did so. He gave her a quick smile and a nod before falling in line behind the Captain, staying behind her and out of sight. He was sure she could hear him following her, he just didn't feel like talking. He often never did, now that he thought about it. Probably better that way.​

Wait... really? I... I got the job?

The first few thoughts by Marcus were that of disbelieving shock, the fact that Ghato hired him on the spot like that. He went on to explain how they needed people with his skill pretty badly. He chuckled at the joke that Ghato made and felt his shoulders drop from the tension he didnt realize he still had.

"Drilled me, barely got the job, got it. Thank you so much sir..." he said with refreshed enthusiasm. Even now, being surrounded by more people than he was ever comfortable with, he couldnt help but feel elated. He would have to call his father and let him know about the good news! Ghato said for him to grab himself a drink, and he nodded, heading to the bar where the Mari 4 clone was. He didnt really drink, didnt even like the taste of beer that much, but he didnt want to possibly insult the Chief's kindness by declining him. He got to the bar and looked around what drinks they provided, settling with just a simple earth soft drink, and orange flavored soda.

He should almost feel inferior to the others who were drinking alcoholic beverages, but screw them, he landed the job! He could celebrate how he damn well pleased. With that said, he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, taking a drag before exhaling with a smile on his face as he took a drink of his soda. This was going to be great.

Soon the captain noted that they were heading to the ship and Marcus finished his drink and took another drag of his cancer-stick, following behind. He didnt say much and stayed a noticeable distance from the other hired members to avoid conversation. Pulling out his holo mobile, he began to ring his father, the blinking light showing that it was in the process of connecting.

Ghato, please contact Mr. Feng and have him get his ass on the ship double-time.
Ghato replied with a quick "Yup."
He stayed behind and let the group gain a little distance before he began the call; it was rude to call someone while next to others and Ghato avoided doing so if he could help it.

He pulled his holomobile from a small pocket on his chest. Mutrarian "shirts" (this is probably the easiest comparison to make for the sake of brevity) often had no sleeves unless it was meant for cold weather (or because it was in fashion if you keep up with that) so some more common male Mutrarian "shirts" resembled something close to a padded vest, only shaped to accommodate their size and shape. They were roughly the equivalent of a dress shirt. Something you can wear because it's not too formal but not too casual. Most of them also had pockets on the chest and rarely, on the sides. A little strange to the inexperienced human, but completely ordinary to Ghato and his kind. And today, he was wearing green!

Ghato began to look for Feng's contact information in the long list of contacts. He'd marked down the contact of all the possible employees on this holomobile, just in case; although he'd be deleting the information of those who didn't get hired later tonight. This holomobile was one of the two he carried with him. The other was his personal holomobile, a simple model with a background image of two baby Mutrarian boys. His boys. The model in his hand was new, sleek, and black; his business mobile. It had the Belarus Enterprises logo on the black casing.

He found Feng's contact and began to connect to him. He patiently awaited a response.

Feng was on his ship drunkenly gathering a few personal effects and organizing the things he would keep on the ship for the time being so they didn't fall over when it docked on the Belarus. He had some music playing pretty loudly over the intercom and was grooving and singing (poorly) to the song. He felt his Holomobile go off and with a few seconds of delay Feng finally managed to get out a loud "SHHHHH" to silence the music. Feng briefly composed himself and then answered his mobile.

"Ayyyyy, I remember you!" Feng said suddenly when Ghato's face popped up "I think I got everything" he said while lookinga round his ship and down at himself "Jus gimme the cords to the Belarus so I can get the skiff to dock there." Feng sat in an awkward silence for little bit. "Oh yeah! I meanta ask, I'm gonna have some personal quarters at my disposal, right? I gotta lotta stuff, and plan on getting more." He said quickly, finally breaking the silence.

Mari 4 heard the announcement of all crew members boarding, so she brought her purse out and settled her tab at the bar. "Keep the change, sir", she said, handing currency notes that covered almost twice of what she drank, for the two cans of Asahi beer she consumed while at the bar. "And, wish me luck aboard that ship," she said, "and hope I won't really need it", and gave him a playful salute as he walked away from the bar and to the back area behind it.

Before Mari walked away from the bar, she had a silent thought to herself.

1336-nana-osaki.jpg

"Sisters... mother. Look out for me."

And then, she followed along in the crowd of crew members making their way towards the ship, and towards new adventures.

The second time she almost held her breath waiting for a response she was struck by confusion because the captain started...chuckling?

There was already a heap of questions that Erin finished composing by the time the captain circled over the table and tugged her along towards the door. Maya walked fast, and Erin had to skid along a step every two or three to keep up. The one questions that actually escaped her mouth was:

"Drunken wretches? - but - but I haven't even had a drink yet?"

"You'll do fine." Maya.

"Does that - does that mean I got the job?"

She stuttered, but evidently the captain didn't have time for her confusion. Erin's usual tactic would have been to come up with responses that would make sense in either context, but it wouldn't work here; so she decided that coming across as a fool by thanking someone when she really shouldn't be was much better than appearing unappreciative by not expressing gratitude when she was supposed to.

The pat on her back she interpreted as confirmation that she was now part of the crew anyways.

"- thank you!"

She shouted, two steps into her sprint back towards the interview stand to fetch her briefcase.

Dutch took Captain Onasi's scathing reply to his interview with a stoic glare. She was correct on many points: his drunkenness, his lack of grace, and his dislike of humans. That being said, he always hated the way that humans, and other species, assumed that as'storian's racism was a universal thing. Dutch's dislike for the hornless, tailless space invaders had nothing to do with his cultural predisposition, but instead their cocky attitude. An attitude that could be shared with many other species, though not in as heavy of a frequency. He didn't much care for it. Still, his work and experience spoke for itself, even if he did a poor job about it. Dutch was accepted onto the crew with the slight threat that he wouldn't be the only doctor. It only made sense that there was more than one medical personnel aboard. Two-hundred something crew members was too large a handful for one to take care of. The only problem that Dutch had was sharing his space with two others, and at least one of them was bound to be a human. They were like hyugien mites. Once they had infested something, you couldn't procure a single sample without seeing them. Blood, bone, marrow, muscle, and even brain tissue—human were that harmful and invasive.

He gave his overly polite 'thank yous,' and pulled away from the table. To avoid adding insult to injury, he left the bar. He had to procure his belongings from the hotel he was staying in, and then he would shuffle aboard the Belarus. If he was lucky he could partition off his work area from the other doctors, and make sure that everything was spic and span for his trip.

The entire business at the hotel took longer than he wanted it to. Dutch had a terrible tendency to spread out, and so locating the various hygiene products he had scattered about proved to be more taxing than intended. Inevitably everything was sorted away, and his luggage was packed neatly back into itself. There was a lot there, but then again, he was going to be on a space ship for a long period of time. One needed enough clothes that people didn't question if he had worn that set of pants earlier that week, or if the man just owned more than one pair of gray slacks. Actually Dutch owned a lot of gray slacks. It went well with his skin tone, and metal protrusions.

Dutch boarded the Belarus, tended to his luggage, and took it upon himself to locate the medical wing of the ship and wholly make it his—much like a terran cat consumes an entire bed when it only needs two feet of it. He knew he would probably be shuffled around by the other doctors, but he at least tried to make sure that he absconded with the largest, comfiest chair. Not a lot of species knew what it was like to have a tail. If there wasn't a part between the back and the seat, then one ran the risk of either scrunching it up uncomfortably into to the corner of the seat or sitting on it. While many as'storians didn't have seem to have much problem with the latter, Dutch did. Then again it had much to do with the surface area of what was sitting on it more than the tail itself. And Dutch did have quite a bit of surface area.

By this time Dutch had sobered up substantially and so tended to his equipment. Also he made a mental note to get the crew roster. He needed to know about the variation of species he would be dealing with along with their previous histories. It felt good to deal with an actual crew again instead of tending to the over privileged hypochondriacs. Dutch would have probably spaced himself if he had to deal with one more whiny princess.

Upon receiving the coordinates for the ship, Feng strapped down and set a course for the Belarus. He had a bottle of water, and dug around a small container in the cockpit and pulled out a bottle of 'Dr. D's Hangover killer pills™" and hastily took one before his ship began to move. Feng slumped in his seat a little and leaned back as his ship drifted from where it was docked towards the Belarus. By the time Feng had docked thethe pill was already beginning to work and he felt his headache slowly fade into nothing. Feng hopped out of his ship and onto the Belarus, a few crew members showed up to make sure the ship was secure and another ran up and transmitted a simple map of the ship and directed him to where his quarters would be located.

Feng walked to his quarters mostly avoiding the various crew members, he'd have plenty of time to get to know them but right now not so much. Feng entered his living quarters, it was small yet cozy, and frugally furnished. It was likely to be destroyed within the week. Feng threw what few items he had taken with him on to the bed and sat down next to them.

Captain Maya walked aboard her ship and up to the bridge to check in with her crew; specifically, to check up on Chiaki personally. Her approach could not be what one could consider stealthy as when she entered the bridge itself, she was met with a resolute "Captain on deck," not to mention when she entered the ship, the ship announced her arrival with a "Logged: the Commanding Officer is aboard, XO Presley stands relieved."

She sat down behind her command console, checking over various reports: engineering, medical, navigation, sensors; the works. She continued reading as she called over Chiaki.

"Helmsman Nanami, a word please."

. . .
Jack followed the Captain aboard the ship but quickly went his own path: first, seeking his quarters then second, to find a suitable location in the ship (most likely the Med Lab) to conduct his research. With a bit of guidance from one of the crew wandering the halls (and no doubt by being pressured into asking by a certain someone in his head), he found his quarters in relatively quick time. There were a lot of people on this ship, and crowds he did not like, but was pleasantly surprised when he found himself in what could only be described as a private quarters. Perks of being a passenger, one could suggest.

He unpacked his briefcase and pulled out his microsealed clothes, allowing them to resize properly on his bed. There was a small holoterminal on the desk in the room but at a quick glance, he had a sneaking suspicion that he was going to have to order a more advanced system to run the tests he needed. One thing at a time, though. He resealed his briefcase and stashed it in a footlocker, keying the biomatrix scanner on the locker's lock to his own thumb and bloodprint. Could never be too careful with one's research.

Looking around the room, and running through the checklist in his head, he turned and headed out to find somewhere to set-up his station. Now that he thought about it, he was likely going to need an area that had bio-contaminant protection; a sealed environment. Unless, of course, the Captain and the crew have no qualms about letting potentially lethal pathogens and constructed protoplasms of all sorts run rampant when an experiment does not go quite as intended. He had a feeling he would have to talk to the Captain about that.​

Mari 4 went to find her quarters on the ship. She wanted to go to engineering to familiarize herself with what was going to be her work aboard the Belarus, but not before dropping her bags off and seeing the place she would likely call "home" while aboard the ship.

She arrived at the room, she looked around at it. It was a small room, small bed, small chair and a small desk. There was a private bathroom, which was important as well.

nana_mika.jpg

"Welcome home, Mari 4", she said to herself.

Mari dropped her bags off, placing them on the floor near her bed, and then went back in the hallways, looking around at who might be her neighbors. She closed the door and stepped back out, looking back and forth, to see if any of the walking personnel would stop at, or emerge from, the room near hers.

Ghato had started walking back towards the hangar while he'd been waiting to complete the call with Feng. He could hear the music playing in the background, but didn't recognize it. He didn't hate either though. He let Feng know about the ship and disconnected once that was through. Ghato had acquired two new security members, but one would be splitting their time between security and engineering, so it really meant he'd have to rely a lot on Feng at least until they managed to hire another member to the personal guard. Ghato would have to go on duty himself, but he could use the exercise. Don't wanna get fat, not on this job.

He stopped by a small market to pick up a little blue can of fizzy drink. He took his time getting to the ship; it wasn't like they were going to get attacked by pirates while sitting in a dock. He took the time to try and place a call with one of his sons and then the other, but neither picked up. He didn't mind, much. They were busy with their own lives, what with one in a university and one in the navy. They were probably either asleep or busy at the moment; time zones get even worse when you've got different planets. He just wished they'd let him know what was going on more often, but he didn't dwell on it.

He threw the empty can into a waste bin outside the dock before he entered the ship. The ship mentioned his arrival, but with less fanfare than the Captain. Ghato just acknowledged it with a, "Mmhmm." He made his way to his office, receiving a few salutes from the crew and most of the general security staff and responded by putting them at ease.

The office was small, a desk with a holoterminal, but at least the chair was comfortable. The only other things in the office were two other chairs in front of the desk, some locked cabinets with scanners for security (one of which contained a few choice liquors), a decent amount of awards from his days as an law enforcer in Daydrek Station as well as a few from his service in the Galactic Navy hanging on the wall behind him, and a bowl of chewy candy that was on the desk. There was a door in the office that led to his personal quarters which were a little bigger than the standard quarters on the ship, but not by much. His quarters were kept like his office, simple with a few decorations here and there. Ghato liked simple. It kept things from getting messy; in more than one sense.

He checked the security logs and the two reports that his staff regularly sent in. Nothing was out of the ordinary except for someone reporting a lost pair of boots. He took the free time to send a message to the Captain's holomobile.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Message from: CoS Ghato Maek

We still need to gather the new crew members and give them the usual speech.
Rules, assignments, you know what I mean.
Get them situated with the ship and what they'll be doing.
We can skip it if you'd like, but it's pretty important.
I'll give them the tour of the ship after we take off to get them out of your hair.
I'm also going to need the keys to the weapon compartments back.
You still have them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

He'd almost forgotten to add that last part. The locks to the ship's small arms were kept as physical keys just in case. One could hack scanners and virtual systems, but you can't hack a physical lock. Plus, in his experience as a law enforcer, most thieves can't lockpick since almost all locks are no longer key operated in this day and age. Sometimes the best upgrade is a downgrade. Ghato hit send on his message.

"Dad? Can you hear me?"

Said Marcus as a small hologram of his father popped up from his holo-mobile. He was a well aged gentleman, his face home to a graying beard and windswept hair. Though he was in a wheel chair, his eyes still held a youthful spark as if he himself would go off adventuring into the great unknown.

"Yes, loud and clear, how'd it go?" he said to Marcus, his voice betraying his excitement.

By this time, Marcus was inside the ship, awing by the spectacle that was The Vixen. "Yeah, I made it in! It was- uh... barely got it" he said in reply, remembering the words from Ghato.

"Well hey, they saw something in you didnt they? Great work bud!" his father said with enthusiasm, his face beaming with pride. "You be careful out there, and youre a young and handsome lad, so be sure to keep those ladies from falling all over you... I remember the girls from Freior, man I tell you-"

"Okay dad dont need that!" Marcus said, tempted to silence the audio before anyone else could hear him. They managed to finally say their goodbyes and Marcus ended the call just as he made it to his room, seeing Mari 4 come out of hers just a couple doors down. He went inside and threw his one suitcase onto his bed, giving a content sigh upon seeing how nice his room was. Even better than his own back at home!

He walked back outside and noticed the clone was still there, and with a small, nervous sigh, he said to her "I-Im gonna head to engineering... where y-you headed?"

Mari 4 looked at the nervous-sounding young man, who was coming from a nearby room. She definitely recognized him from earlier, while she was at the bar and he was rushing in to interview.

She smiled at him, laughing a little. "Ah, you're Mister Late!" she said. "It's great you made it." She realized he said he was going to engineering, which was where she was going as well. "As fate would have it, I'm going to engineering as well. Let's get ourselves over there ASAP." She started walking at a quick pace, following whatever signage was showing in order to get them to engineering.

As they walked, she extended her hand to his. "I'm Mari 4, by the way. Nice to meet you."

@ProfessorNv

Well it would seem he would be having company on his way to engineering, not his first choice as he worked much better alone, but considering the size of the ship, he figured they would hardly really even need to converse much. Just get through this Marcus... she seems pretty nice.

He jogged a little then matched her pace, noticing she seemed almost rushed to get there. When she extended her hand, he took it in greeting and nodded at her introduction. "Right, I heard a lot about you. Pretty far from your sisters huh? But hey, we all got a reason I guess. Name is Marcus, and Im trying not to be Mister Late from now on." he said in his attempt at humor, not his strong suit.

"So, should I call you Mari 4, or just Mari? Also, what made you come so far from home?"

Mari 4 looked at Marcus, and smiled. She remarked first about the punctuality part. "It never is a good idea to be late, when it comes to any profession. But I am sure you are realizing that now, if you have not already. What is your specialty with regards to engineering, if I may ask?"

nana_osaki+%25282%2529.JPG

Then she answered the inquiry about herself. "Yes, I am far from my 1000 or so sisters. I became self aware, too soon I think, and then I escaped the 'factory' and found myself on Earth." She paused. "And I prefer to be called Mari 4, but most people call me Mari. I shall let you choose what to address me as, I never want to force anything to anyone."

@ProfessorNv

Status
Not open for further replies.