RP's Whats that?

T

Timbolonian

Original poster
I like the idea of this. I've played some D&D and other various roleplaying games so I know how those function. A friend suggested i should check out online RP so, here I am.

Hallo there! 8D Welcome to the community! You'll find this might be a little easier than D&D and the more structure roleplay systems. Since in most roleplays here, all you need to be able to do is write complete sentences and have an imagination. Though we do have some D&D style roleplays lurking around too, if you snoop hard enough. >:3

Welcome to Iwaku! :D
I am so very glad your friend suggested online roleplay ^.^
It is always nice to have a new person around.

I'll just post what I said to another newbie... Welcome to the roleplays of iwaku, if you want to join any rp's the forum is pretty straight foward like so jump in rp's take the liberty of just putting down your first post to describe your character and such. there are fantasy roleplays and so on as well you click the roleplay sign ups and plot listings mess and go crazy.
Ic means in character which is not putting any non roleposts like say: I LIKE POTATOES! or such. The correct concept of ic is like: Ruikio is welcoming Timbolonian, and please if you have enough to go on type paragraphs nothing around the lines of: a-hey you welcome to the forums*waves* but: b entered the room waving and welcoming. yada yada, sentence there and a sentence there and such.
Ooc means out of character where you'd post that I LIKE THIS TOMATO! mess... if your partner or group isnt that serious as crap group atleast. If they are... stay on topic please. This is also where you'd create a character for that certain rp as well as add in ideas if you wish...
I should've just copied and pasted >.<
If you read all of that accept this Hershey bar.

WELCOME, TIMBOLONIAN, WELCOME TO IWAKUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

I still remember the very first time I joined a roleplay. How exciting!

As Dianers said, the only thing you need is the will to write and some imagination.
Or be good at stealing other's imaginations then. Either works ok...

But now, time for the cookie ritual!

1238916737_chocolate-biscotti-ck-1880026-l.jpg

Those are for you!

And if you need anything, please ask!

I hope to see you around having fun!

Hallo there! This is Rain and I welcome you to the community! Please feel free to ask any questions if you need help!

What they said!

Hey, I'm Cammy, the official Iwaku Pet :3

If you find the forum RPs a little intimidating at first, there's always ChatRP as well. That could be good for just dipping your feet in, and is faster-paced. If you ever want to just chat with someone about RPing and such, you can always stop on over in the CBox! It's a great place to get connected!

Haha! I'm already excited! To be honest, I didn't know what the community would be like on this site. I found one rp so far that interests me. I'm having a little trouble navigating the site and figuring out where people want me to post my character description. The one I found was really straight forward. Diana! Thanks for telling me to just jump in cause I wasn't sure what the host was looking for but I just figured hey, might as well just see what happens :)

Little late, but surely I can still say..

WHY hello there Timbolonian! RP'ing is really fun and easy to get into..I remember when I first RP'ed..Yes..those were the days. -Old timer mode.-
But mainly, enjoy your time here and have fun!

Welcome to Iwaku! Glad you decided to join! I'm October nice to meet you, Timbolonian.

When I first joined an RP site the only thing about 'Roleplay' I knew was from the RPG video games I had played > < And now here I am, totally addicted to this hobby.

If you have any questions just ask. Navigating the site and trying to figure out what's what can be a little frustrating at first, but trust me, It'll be easy in no time : )

The chat rp is fun! Thanks for the suggestion

welcomee :), your not the only one who was suggested this site, i hope you figure out what to do and have fun :)