Royalty and Noble Rankings RP

T

Trionfi

Original poster
I was curious if anyone was interested in being involved with an RP that involved the different ranks of nobility in a traditional fantasy kingdom. While there are a few little holes in the plot that I'm trying to work out, the main gist of it is this:

It is (as mentioned above) a traditional fantasy kingdom for the most part, but the main difference that sets it apart is that the system of royalty is much more complicated and split up, with several different ranks in authority. The main event the plot would be centered around would be the characters climbing up the ladder, basically, to become the one to get the rank of Emperor/Empress.

The noble statuses look like this, with most players starting at Civilian rank (though, some could start a little higher- no higher than Baronet/Baronetess, however):
-Civilian
-Esquire/Gentleman
-Knight/Dame
-Baronet/Baronetess
-Baron/Baroness
-Viscount/Viscountess
-Earl, Count/Countess
- Marquess/Margrave, Marchioness Margravine
-Viceroy/Vicereine
-Prince/Princess
-(Prince)-Elector/Electress
-Duke/Duchess
-Archduke/Archduchess
-Grand Duke, Grand Prince/Grand Duchess, Grand Princess
-King/Queen
-Emperor/Empress

Their would be action and magic (though not a whole lot of it), but the main focus would be the fight to the top- the backstabbing, the blackmailing, all that juicy good stuff. ;) Of course, there is more to it than that, and this idea is still being developed, but if it catches your interest, let me know!

ShayBear

~ Dante's Michevious Kitsune ~ Forever His <3
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per day, 1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Female
Genres
Romance , Heated , Modern , Historical , Fantasy , Fandom , Flexible to any kinds
Interested for sure!

GreenSea

黄緑の勇者
Invitation Status
, ,
Posting Speed
One post per day, 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
11 A.M - 11 P.M GMT +7
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate
Male, , Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
I would tend to play Modern Fantasy or High Fantasy
Question~!

How do we gain rank promotion, if there's one?

T

Trionfi

Original poster
I was thinking along the lines of an XP point-esque kind of scale, but also with special events that would bring the character's rank up. I hope this answers your question!

• Thank
Reactions: GreenSea

Karakui

The Slightly Villainous One
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy
I don't really think an XP system would work here, since it would then just be a normal race for XP. Plus, in the real world a well timed assassination can bring you leaping straight from a rank even lower than Citizen up to Emperor. Also, this seems like it would be a very political game, and in a medieval situation, civilians have less say in politics than the king's pet frog. The only way they become even vaguely recognised is to beat 1000 people completely alone. Civilians were always civilians and only by performing a great feat such as the previous example would they even be considered for knighthood. It's stupid, but in the old days people thought that battle and mental prowess was genetic and so the sons of knights would automatically be knights even if they were more worthless than Tim the Farmer.

Mundane Monster

The most uninspiring of monsters
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adaptable
Male, Female, Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
I was thinking along the lines of an XP point-esque kind of scale, but also with special events that would bring the character's rank up. I hope this answers your question!
I'm interested!!

CynderTheDragoness

Shadow, Fear, Wind, and Poison
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I can play most genres, but fantasy, magic and animals are my best.
I am interested.