Roseguard

• Thread starter sinister-cephalopod
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lurking, I'm mostly on the RPG since ThinkerRock, but I occasionally come onto this site.

But, down to business, I am considering joining this RP.
Okie dokie!

All the new characters are gonna be introduced when the set of students get to a mutant hideout as part of the plot

♠ Name ♠
Adrian Alban Faust

♠ Nickname/Preferred name ♠
Lyst, short for Catalyst

♠ Age ♠

♠ Sexuality ♠
Heterosexual

♠ Gender ♠
Male

[padding]
♠ Grade ♠

♠ Tier ♠
5, tentatively

♠ Class ♠
Cerebral, Corpiphysical, Mundiphysical

♠ Abilities ♠

Lyst has only one natural high-powered ability, and it happens to be the same as that his father and grandfather before him: Power Absorption. Via physical contact (skin-to-skin), Lyst involuntarily absorbs the energies, memories, talents, knowledge, personality and physical abilities (super-human or not) of another person. This ability can potentially be fatal for regular humans or even low-tier mutants. Additionally, the degree of what he absorbs (in regards to every aspect of the ability) directly correlates with the amount of time he was in contact with the person he was touching and he of course must be touching living tissue. This ability has slightly 'evolved' through the generations of his family. His grandfather was a simple tier 3 mutant that learned to control his ability to the degree absorption was voluntary, even in his old age. He quoted that he had actually "forgot" just how to absorb someone since it had been so long. Not only that, the absorption his grandfather exhibited was low-end and temporary. This is actually different in his son (Adrian's father), Augustus. Augustus was a tier 5 mutant, just like Lyst, whom could store the last ability he absorbed and even use multiple abilities simultaneously, although never more than one high-powered one. While Augustus struggled harder to control his power, with the help of Rosegaurd University, he eventually returned to society much like his father. In addition to the same capabilities of his father, Lyst has one additional one. While Lyst still has little control over his Power Absorption, he can delay or even stop a mutant combustion by absorbing excess energy. In addition to that, with higher-tier mutants, Lyst can increase their powers through physical contact; this requires the second person be capable of withstanding the initial process of his Power Absorption and Lyst having absorbed their powers before, thus giving him knowledge of how they work. This 'evolution' has not yet been deemed a second ability as it appears to only work in tandem with Power Absorption and it leaves both Lyst and his partner drained afterwards.

Lyst can store any one high-powered ability to use at his leisure, but will be 'erased' upon touching another individual with a high-powered ability and thus replaced. His father, Augustus, trained to a point where he could store and choose from multiple high-powered abilities, still retaining the limitation of a single high-power ability at a time. It is uknown if Lyst will be able to train for this in the future, but as of now, he is limited to using the ability of the last individual he touched.

Lyst has a single low-powered ability of his own: Photographic Muscle Memory. This ability allows Lyst to instantly and instinctively copy and physical movements or skills performed in front of him. The limitation of this ability is that Lyst must physically be 'capable' of performing the movement and/or skill as well as this ability itself only being limited to non-enhanced abilities. Feats such as super-speed, dexterity or agility beyond normal human limitations, so on and so forth are impossible for Lyst to replicate. This ability effectively allows Lyst to copy and learn martial arts, hand-oriented skills, drawing, painting, sketching, handwriting, pin numbers, etc. with ease. A note on this ability is what while Lyst might know 'how' to use them, he does not instantly know how to use them best or the most 'tactically' in any given situation. Unlike his Power Absorption, anything he learns through this ability is permanent. A slight side note is that Lyst will actually remember something better if he watches someone else write it than he will if it is spoken verbally, already written in a text book or wrote himself. This is because the information associated with the movements is stored with this ability, whereas knowledge and memories otherwise are stored regularly. This ability can also correlate with Power Absorption as Lyst can do anything he remembers from the memories of whom he absorbs and possibly perform feats using their abilities, as long as they were the last person he touched.

Lyst can store any one low-powered ability to use at his leisure, but will be erased upon touching another individual with a low-powered ability and thus erased. Augustus could use multiple low-powered abilities in tandem and switch them so quickly and seamlessly that it was never clear if he was only ever using only two. Lyst, however, is limited to one, most likely because he, unlike his father, developed his own low-powered ability.[/padding]

♠ Appearance ♠

Lyst is a rather short fellow, although at sixteen he may not entirely be doing growing yet; standing a slight 5'5", he has been mocked for this in the past. While Lyst does have Latin roots, his grandfather married into an Irish family while his mother was of mixed ethnicity in Canada, leaving him with a rather fair complexion and little physical traits that show his patriarchal descent. Dark brown eyes, slightly lighter brown hair and a toned body are essentially what Lyst has going for him. Aside from his relatively short stature, Lyst doesn't really stand out.

Notably, however, Lyst does often have to wear gloves and keep AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE of his skin covered. Any skin-on-skin contact would involuntarily activate his Power Absorption, making clothing—even in hot weather—paramount. This also tends to keep his light complexion light, as aside from his face, his skin doesn't exactly get copious amounts of sunlight to tan.

♠ Personality ♠

Adrian himself is somewhat naive and short-tempered, but this is primarily due to his raising. His father was a very serious man, so jokes and wordplay often go over his head. This isn't to say he is without wit, merely that he is entirely unaccustomed to it being used in conversation. Adrian at first wanted to use the same nickname as his father, Backhand, but ultimately chose Catalyst once the specific abnormality of his ability was found out. Adrian was raised in a household of secrets and raised solely by his father, so there wasn't much of a feminine or soft hand involved. The secrets were, of course, for the sake of keeping their identities untarnished by the fact of being mutants, but later on, they became things Lyst took pride in. Lyst is a third-generation mutant to attend Roseguard University and in addition to that his powers exhibit a rare feature known as generational evolution, whereby not only does he possess the same abilities as his ancestors, but it appears to be a stronger iteration. Adrian tends to be straight-forward, stern and very proud of who and what he is. Unlike his father, whom took the ACE and became a family physician, Lyst wants to join the IDPA. As a matter of fact, Lyst asked why his father, with their unique abilities, didn't join the IDPA considering how useful it could be in the field. Augustus replied, rather simply, that if Adrian ever met a woman like his mother, he would understand. Considering Adrian never met his mother, the logic was hard for him to understand, so it didn't dissuade him from his goal of joining the IDPA.

♠ History ♠

Adrian has grown up in a highly-protective household. Some might call it sheltered, but the reality was, his father knew that Adrian would likely manifest his abilities one day, and when that day came, he would have to act quick. On the other hand, there was a chance Adrian would take after his non-mutant mother. In many other ways, he seemed to: his father had green eyes and black hair while Adrian had the brown eyes and hair of his mother. Adrian was also as ambitious and motivated as his mother. Maybe it was the similarities between Adrian and his mother that kept his father so protective. Adrian's mother died in childbirth, so he never met her. His father raised him alone, often leaving him with very expensive and well-trained nannies and sitters; as a doctor, he affording these accommodations was easy.

If Adrian were to ever manifest his powers, his father hoped he would be old enough that he could explain them. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Adrian was an early-bloomer, unlike both his father and grandfather whom did not show their powers until puberty. Adrian was eight-years-old when his father received a call at work saying his sitter had been hospitalized, put into a comatose state. When he came home, he asked Adrian dozens of questions, and his son knew of so many things he shouldn't. Augustus, having the same power, could touch his ton without allowing himself to be absorbed, so he held him close and knew what he had to do.

Adrian was sent to Roseguard soon after, put into the Second Branch. His father, a graduated alumni, visited from time to time and explained their family history more thoroughly. Augustus' father was a student at Roseguard after his abilities manifested and wreaked havoc during the Great Depression when his family migrated to America. Augustus, similarly, was sent to Roseguard by his father when his abilities manifested, believing it to be the only place he could learn to use them and become a functioning member of society. In this time, Adrian became proud of what and who he was, and even became enamored by the world of mutants. He had seen how they had done so much for his family, and wanted to give back.

As Adrian grew older, gained his nickname, and became seated in his powers, reality began to sit in. While his father and grandfather, around this time, had began learning how to make their abilities voluntary, he could not. He can't even begin to resist absorbing. Adrian has a clear lack of control over his power, and this is further proven in the fact he doesn't know how to utilize his "branch" of his ability. While his grandfather had a simple iteration of the ability and his fathers was more powerful and more complex, the exact nature and complexity of his own is unknown. The possibility that Adrian may actually be a tier higher than what he is now exists, however, the fact he can use his abilities to offset a combustion temporarily puts that into question. In addition to that, Adrian and his potential rises in regards to who and what he absorbs, making him complex. Regardless, Adrian adores Rosegaurd University and hopes to do more for mutantkind after his time there.

♠ Other ♠

- Birthday | May 16th - Taurus
- Favorite Color | Purple
- Favorite Food | Smoked Salmon
- Theme: Broken Dreams by Shaman's Harvest
- Because his mutations are further 'evolved' than his father's and grandfather's, controlling them is significantly harder. This is why he not only showed them earlier, but is also significantly farther back in his training despite having been trained longer.
- While his primary goal is joining the IDPA, he does focus heavily on his academics. Being introduced to science, mutations and the concept of evolution at such a young age have rendered Lyst agnostic. This is only further reinforced by all the crazy shit he sees with other mutations.

Notes: I added a few unique concepts that are not necessarily core to the character. Two prime examples would be that he borderlines a Tier 6 and that he can absorb energy from a mutant that is "combusting" to delay it. These are both trivial concepts I added in to give flavor to the fact he is a third-generation mutant whose familial line has a mutation that has seemingly grown stronger through generations. If those concepts aren't acceptable, I can remove both of them and rewrite his history so that his father was a tier 4 mutant while his grandfather was tier 3; this would balance out the steps and be relatively easy. Again, those concepts are added as flavor, and I have no qualms in removing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, that's three new charries created for this story. I'm trying to think how we can work them into the RP at this point. @Prince, if you're interested, Adrian, Taj and Aujui can be from another group right now and they are hanging out in the commons building on campus watching TV with other students. They can be called in by the Headmistress to assist Group D on this mission, but from the shadows. We can be like their unknown security, or like their liaisons that assist from a far.

That is, if this idea works for everyone. Just trying to come up with a reason to bring them into the story. Or, the other students who are no longer active can be replaced by the Headmistress because they were removed due to their level of skill or they were needed elsewhere.

What do you guys think?

So, that's three new charries created for this story. I'm trying to think how we can work them into the RP at this point. @Prince, if you're interested, Adrian, Taj and Aujui can be from another group right now and they are hanging out in the commons building on campus watching TV with other students. They can be called in by the Headmistress to assist Group D on this mission, but from the shadows. We can be like their unknown security, or like their liaisons that assist from a far.

That is, if this idea works for everyone. Just trying to come up with a reason to bring them into the story. Or, the other students who are no longer active can be replaced by the Headmistress because they were removed due to their level of skill or they were needed elsewhere.

What do you guys think?
Pretty sure sinister said the new Charrie's were being introduced at the mutant bunker.

AAhhh! I missed that! Thanks!

Pretty sure I need accepted before any major plotting occurs. Aside from that, I'm at GM discretion.

Hey Prince, like your character.

I hope we can get moving soon, I really like this rp.

Same here, especially now we're heading out.

And side note @RainDash, I think Kiera and Charlotte are gonna get on really well.

@RainDash Thanks. It's been a while since I partook in a mutant RP that I didn't run myself. This is also an academy style RP, apparently, which in and of itself is something I'm iffy about. But, I read through the IC some and liked it, and I see that there's plenty of mutual RP'ers in it, which means it must have good functional chemistry.

I also noted that there seemed to lack a really up-tight, goodie-two shoes conservative character. Really lookin' forward to that.

Reactions: Phi Chisym
I seem to somehow always take the rebel role in these team things. It's nice to have someone who'll be friends with Kiera, since she's my character and they all inevitably end up with something terrible happen to them.

I'm touch and go in mutant roleplays. It all really depends on the theme. Sometimes, I like to go raw elementist, in which case Ice or Lightning is my thing. Other times, if I prefer to get physical, I like a Demonic Possession or Demonic Bloodline of some sort, likely going hand in hand with a casanova type. Othertimes, if I prefer to support, I go telepath or some oddball ability that literally makes no sense until I play it.

In this case, I sort'a wanted to try something I haven't done in a long time with power absorption. I can do it right, and I really wanna play around with the whole limitations of it.

Nice, I think I did something similar once. I don't think I actually used the character, but it's a fun sort of power set to use. I can't wait to see how you'll use it.

I'm a HUGE X-Men fan. As a matter of fact, I personally designed my own X-Men themed guitar:

10463873_703088503085016_7682362990514906645_n.jpg

Gambit and Rogue happen to be one of my favorite couples, even though they never seem to last. Gambit being my favorite mutant (since he's not technically part of the X-Men or aligned with Charles Xavier) ever, and Rogue just being awesome.

Anyway, mutants and evolution tend to be a huge theme in some of my roleplays, whether it be the natural steps of life or aided with some alien assistance. The next step is always the most interesting. Needless to say, I've seen how Rogue used her abilities in plenty of diverse ways, so I have plenty of ideas for how to use them myself. :D And, of course, it all depends on my allies and foes.

♠ Name ♠
Adrian Alban Faust

♠ Nickname/Preferred name ♠
Lyst, short for Catalyst

♠ Age ♠

♠ Sexuality ♠
Heterosexual

♠ Gender ♠
Male

[padding]
♠ Grade ♠

♠ Tier ♠
5, tentatively

♠ Class ♠
Cerebral, Corpiphysical, Mundiphysical

♠ Abilities ♠

Lyst has only one natural high-powered ability, and it happens to be the same as that his father and grandfather before him: Power Absorption. Via physical contact (skin-to-skin), Lyst involuntarily absorbs the energies, memories, talents, knowledge, personality and physical abilities (super-human or not) of another person. This ability can potentially be fatal for regular humans or even low-tier mutants. Additionally, the degree of what he absorbs (in regards to every aspect of the ability) directly correlates with the amount of time he was in contact with the person he was touching and he of course must be touching living tissue. This ability has slightly 'evolved' through the generations of his family. His grandfather was a simple tier 3 mutant that learned to control his ability to the degree absorption was voluntary, even in his old age. He quoted that he had actually "forgot" just how to absorb someone since it had been so long. Not only that, the absorption his grandfather exhibited was low-end and temporary. This is actually different in his son (Adrian's father), Augustus. Augustus was a tier 5 mutant, just like Lyst, whom could store the last ability he absorbed and even use multiple abilities simultaneously, although never more than one high-powered one. While Augustus struggled harder to control his power, with the help of Rosegaurd University, he eventually returned to society much like his father. In addition to the same capabilities of his father, Lyst has one additional one. While Lyst still has little control over his Power Absorption, he can delay or even stop a mutant combustion by absorbing excess energy. In addition to that, with higher-tier mutants, Lyst can increase their powers through physical contact; this requires the second person be capable of withstanding the initial process of his Power Absorption and Lyst having absorbed their powers before, thus giving him knowledge of how they work. This 'evolution' has not yet been deemed a second ability as it appears to only work in tandem with Power Absorption and it leaves both Lyst and his partner drained afterwards.

Lyst can store any one high-powered ability to use at his leisure, but will be 'erased' upon touching another individual with a high-powered ability and thus replaced. His father, Augustus, trained to a point where he could store and choose from multiple high-powered abilities, still retaining the limitation of a single high-power ability at a time. It is uknown if Lyst will be able to train for this in the future, but as of now, he is limited to using the ability of the last individual he touched.

Lyst has a single low-powered ability of his own: Photographic Muscle Memory. This ability allows Lyst to instantly and instinctively copy and physical movements or skills performed in front of him. The limitation of this ability is that Lyst must physically be 'capable' of performing the movement and/or skill as well as this ability itself only being limited to non-enhanced abilities. Feats such as super-speed, dexterity or agility beyond normal human limitations, so on and so forth are impossible for Lyst to replicate. This ability effectively allows Lyst to copy and learn martial arts, hand-oriented skills, drawing, painting, sketching, handwriting, pin numbers, etc. with ease. A note on this ability is what while Lyst might know 'how' to use them, he does not instantly know how to use them best or the most 'tactically' in any given situation. Unlike his Power Absorption, anything he learns through this ability is permanent. A slight side note is that Lyst will actually remember something better if he watches someone else write it than he will if it is spoken verbally, already written in a text book or wrote himself. This is because the information associated with the movements is stored with this ability, whereas knowledge and memories otherwise are stored regularly. This ability can also correlate with Power Absorption as Lyst can do anything he remembers from the memories of whom he absorbs and possibly perform feats using their abilities, as long as they were the last person he touched.

Lyst can store any one low-powered ability to use at his leisure, but will be erased upon touching another individual with a low-powered ability and thus erased. Augustus could use multiple low-powered abilities in tandem and switch them so quickly and seamlessly that it was never clear if he was only ever using only two. Lyst, however, is limited to one, most likely because he, unlike his father, developed his own low-powered ability.[/padding]

♠ Appearance ♠

Lyst is a rather short fellow, although at sixteen he may not entirely be doing growing yet; standing a slight 5'5", he has been mocked for this in the past. While Lyst does have Latin roots, his grandfather married into an Irish family while his mother was of mixed ethnicity in Canada, leaving him with a rather fair complexion and little physical traits that show his patriarchal descent. Dark brown eyes, slightly lighter brown hair and a toned body are essentially what Lyst has going for him. Aside from his relatively short stature, Lyst doesn't really stand out.

Notably, however, Lyst does often have to wear gloves and keep AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE of his skin covered. Any skin-on-skin contact would involuntarily activate his Power Absorption, making clothing—even in hot weather—paramount. This also tends to keep his light complexion light, as aside from his face, his skin doesn't exactly get copious amounts of sunlight to tan.

♠ Personality ♠

Adrian himself is somewhat naive and short-tempered, but this is primarily due to his raising. His father was a very serious man, so jokes and wordplay often go over his head. This isn't to say he is without wit, merely that he is entirely unaccustomed to it being used in conversation. Adrian at first wanted to use the same nickname as his father, Backhand, but ultimately chose Catalyst once the specific abnormality of his ability was found out. Adrian was raised in a household of secrets and raised solely by his father, so there wasn't much of a feminine or soft hand involved. The secrets were, of course, for the sake of keeping their identities untarnished by the fact of being mutants, but later on, they became things Lyst took pride in. Lyst is a third-generation mutant to attend Roseguard University and in addition to that his powers exhibit a rare feature known as generational evolution, whereby not only does he possess the same abilities as his ancestors, but it appears to be a stronger iteration. Adrian tends to be straight-forward, stern and very proud of who and what he is. Unlike his father, whom took the ACE and became a family physician, Lyst wants to join the IDPA. As a matter of fact, Lyst asked why his father, with their unique abilities, didn't join the IDPA considering how useful it could be in the field. Augustus replied, rather simply, that if Adrian ever met a woman like his mother, he would understand. Considering Adrian never met his mother, the logic was hard for him to understand, so it didn't dissuade him from his goal of joining the IDPA.

♠ History ♠

Adrian has grown up in a highly-protective household. Some might call it sheltered, but the reality was, his father knew that Adrian would likely manifest his abilities one day, and when that day came, he would have to act quick. On the other hand, there was a chance Adrian would take after his non-mutant mother. In many other ways, he seemed to: his father had green eyes and black hair while Adrian had the brown eyes and hair of his mother. Adrian was also as ambitious and motivated as his mother. Maybe it was the similarities between Adrian and his mother that kept his father so protective. Adrian's mother died in childbirth, so he never met her. His father raised him alone, often leaving him with very expensive and well-trained nannies and sitters; as a doctor, he affording these accommodations was easy.

If Adrian were to ever manifest his powers, his father hoped he would be old enough that he could explain them. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Adrian was an early-bloomer, unlike both his father and grandfather whom did not show their powers until puberty. Adrian was eight-years-old when his father received a call at work saying his sitter had been hospitalized, put into a comatose state. When he came home, he asked Adrian dozens of questions, and his son knew of so many things he shouldn't. Augustus, having the same power, could touch his ton without allowing himself to be absorbed, so he held him close and knew what he had to do.

Adrian was sent to Roseguard soon after, put into the Second Branch. His father, a graduated alumni, visited from time to time and explained their family history more thoroughly. Augustus' father was a student at Roseguard after his abilities manifested and wreaked havoc during the Great Depression when his family migrated to America. Augustus, similarly, was sent to Roseguard by his father when his abilities manifested, believing it to be the only place he could learn to use them and become a functioning member of society. In this time, Adrian became proud of what and who he was, and even became enamored by the world of mutants. He had seen how they had done so much for his family, and wanted to give back.

As Adrian grew older, gained his nickname, and became seated in his powers, reality began to sit in. While his father and grandfather, around this time, had began learning how to make their abilities voluntary, he could not. He can't even begin to resist absorbing. Adrian has a clear lack of control over his power, and this is further proven in the fact he doesn't know how to utilize his "branch" of his ability. While his grandfather had a simple iteration of the ability and his fathers was more powerful and more complex, the exact nature and complexity of his own is unknown. The possibility that Adrian may actually be a tier higher than what he is now exists, however, the fact he can use his abilities to offset a combustion temporarily puts that into question. In addition to that, Adrian and his potential rises in regards to who and what he absorbs, making him complex. Regardless, Adrian adores Rosegaurd University and hopes to do more for mutantkind after his time there.

♠ Other ♠

- Birthday | May 16th - Taurus
- Favorite Color | Purple
- Favorite Food | Smoked Salmon
- Theme: Broken Dreams by Shaman's Harvest
- Because his mutations are further 'evolved' than his father's and grandfather's, controlling them is significantly harder. This is why he not only showed them earlier, but is also significantly farther back in his training despite having been trained longer.
- While his primary goal is joining the IDPA, he does focus heavily on his academics. Being introduced to science, mutations and the concept of evolution at such a young age have rendered Lyst agnostic. This is only further reinforced by all the crazy shit he sees with other mutations.

Notes: I added a few unique concepts that are not necessarily core to the character. Two prime examples would be that he borderlines a Tier 6 and that he can absorb energy from a mutant that is "combusting" to delay it. These are both trivial concepts I added in to give flavor to the fact he is a third-generation mutant whose familial line has a mutation that has seemingly grown stronger through generations. If those concepts aren't acceptable, I can remove both of them and rewrite his history so that his father was a tier 4 mutant while his grandfather was tier 3; this would balance out the steps and be relatively easy. Again, those concepts are added as flavor, and I have no qualms in removing them.
accepted

also

considering I'm now a senior in highschool taking four classes with high work loads plus theatre, my replies will probably only happen on the weekends, but that means they will be more lengthy as well.

I'll most likely be keeping up with whats going on in order to steer things in the right direction or correct somethings, but I'll just be on mobile for the majority of the time. Next semester isn't any better, but at least I won't have chem or pre cal since that's this semester.

New characters will be living at the bunker or somehow involved in the case

please let me know if you have any questions and i will try to answer them as quickly as possible

Also I need character weaknesses, either post them in the OOC or PM me if you want them to be secret from everyone else

@Phi Chisym Granted we were just told that new characters will either be living at the bunker or somehow involved in the case, your idea might be plausible now. I generally prefer hopping right into action, so... yeah.

@Prince That works for me. So, bunker life it is, and we'll see everyone else when you guys get there.
I'll be posting soon for my charries then.

im afraid this rp might have to be abandoned... we only have four or five active characters replying anymore and with me having two AP classes + Precal + spanish, I don't have time to mod the thread or barely even to reply

so i guess this is a formal goodbye for this rp for now

I might try again in the future, if I have the time

I'm very sorry to do this, especially since I was so excited for this rp myself

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Phi Chisym
Status
Not open for further replies.