Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
There is already a thread for video games, but what about other media? Do you have any favourite romantic works among books, movies, or television, and what are they? What do you like about them?

Theres obviously classics like the princcess bride and all the fairy tale couples

My latest obsession (that isn't from my own rp) is Xaden and Violet from the empyrean series (Fourth wing and iron flame so far). There's frustrating points but that's just what's on the top of my head XD
I like how the books show that relationships arent perfect!

I could gush for hours on couples that arent technically out in the public, but they might be one day! If i get off my ass and do something productive XD
But also theyre all from rps that arent currently complete, so gotta wait for that

This is a bit of a more macabre take on the romance arc but "what dreams may come" makes a big feature of romance so I think it counts. Great movie

My current obsession is Stolas and Blitz from Helluva Boss, because I think there's a lot of romance in their relationship that can be missed.

NICK AND CHARLIE FROM HEARTSTOPPER!

i like how wholesome there relationship is

While I'm a sucker for the Princess Bride and I adore Pride & Prejudice. My favorite type of romantic stories are that of the "Power Couple". When I was a kid I love the series Scarecrow & Mrs King and one of my favorite movies is The Mummy. Gooey romance has its place but give me a couple that can kick ass and take names, either literally or figuratively. Which is probably why my favorite "reality" show is Escape to the Château.

I really like Not So Shoujo Love Story over on Webtoon, their dynamic is wholesome and funny and the humor/worldbuilding is batshit insane, it's hilarious and I love it.

HUKSERDUST FROM HAZBIN HOTEELLLLLLL!!!! Fizz and Asmodeus from Helluva Boss in that same universe, I also love Maren Stoffel's books which often have romantic elements in them!! Also a huge fan of Shakespeare's 'A Summer Night's Dream'. I also find interest in how Steel Wool is heavily implying a relationship between Glamrock Freddy and Glamrock Bonnie??? There's also TADC ships all over my Tumblr and I love all of them.. lots of interests I have here