evening on thur , fri, and sat
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
dragon age series, asoiaf series, erotic, dark fantasy, high fantasy, suspense, adventure
I'm not sure how to approach this because my mind is blank at the moment, but it feels like someone isn't giving me their best response? Like they'll reply, but it looks like I'm just reading my own post all over again (except it's in their character's pov), instead of getting more out of them, if that makes sense. I don't know if they're just wanting to reply really fast or they have a lack of muse, but I'm starting to feel underwhelmed and disappointed. It doesn't feel like they're being as proactive as I'd like them to be, just playing off my own posts and never digging deeper to add their own side of the story. In this light, I also feel like they're not contributing to the story.

What would you say in this sort of situation? I'm not sure how to approach it politely, much less how to put my own thoughts into words since my mind is running rampant.

I've experienced this myself and understand how underwhelming it is to be really excited about someone's response to a post you've put quite a bit of considerable effort into, only to be met with a lackluster response that's verging on a copy-cat post - it sucks.

I generally identify this problematic occurrence with someone's inability to think of a good response. It may not be that they're not trying, but more so that they don't feel adequate in responding to your post -- AKA ,writers block.

In my opinion, the best course of action would be to ask. It never hurts to ask.
You could approach the person either in PM or over Skype/Discord and ask them if something is maybe holding them back from spanning into different territory with their posts, or if perhaps they can't seem to get themselves into the 'writing mood'.

I hope this helps!

• Useful
  • Thank You
Reactions: junebug and Esmeray
@Ali Agh, thank you so so much! You're an angel! I will take your advice! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.