Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
How does request thread bumping work on Iwaku Roleplay? All other sites similar to this have either a "Bump thread" button or allow posting to the thread to bump it to the top of the thread list. From what I understand, bumping is not permitted on Iwaku Roleplay? How does one make frequent edits to their request threads and bump it to the top for people to see that? Or does a thread which is archived just have to be searched for even if it's months or years old?

I'm confused about the archiving/bumping process in general.

Hello! We do have a "bump button" but it is for older member accounts!

So our bumping policy is: Make it count and don't just write "bump". As in, say something in your bumping post that is informative and actually tells people something,

IE: "First post has been updated!" or "Adding some new wishlist items!" or "Still looking for partners!"

You can also do that as much as you like, but I recommend once a day, cause any more often than that isn't gonna do you any good.

These kind of informative bumps help you get people better than just the plain old bump. <3

I hope that clears it up!

Hello! We do have a "bump button" but it is for older member accounts!

So our bumping policy is: Make it count and don't just write "bump". As in, say something in your bumping post that is informative and actually tells people something,

IE: "First post has been updated!" or "Adding some new wishlist items!" or "Still looking for partners!"

You can also do that as much as you like, but I recommend once a day, cause any more often than that isn't gonna do you any good.

These kind of informative bumps help you get people better than just the plain old bump. <3

I hope that clears it up!
Okay, thanks! It seems that the bumping method I use on other sites will work here, too. I update the thread and changelog (yes, I have one of those XD), then I just add "Request thread updated; check changelog for details" as a separate post afterwards. Would this be sufficient?

I update the thread and changelog (yes, I have one of those XD), then I just add "Request thread updated; check changelog for details" as a separate post afterwards. Would this be sufficient?

Yep that would be perfect indeed. 8D

I update the thread and changelog (yes, I have one of those XD), then I just add "Request thread updated; check changelog for details" as a separate post afterwards. Would this be sufficient?

Yep that would be perfect indeed. 8D
Thanks for the help!

Since it was mentioned that the "Bump thread" button is supposed to appear only for older member accounts, I should mention that I am now able to use this button on my request thread, despite being a new member. I don't know if this is a new feature or a bug, so posting it here instead of BUG REPORTS THREAD.

It also appears in other peoples' request threads, but I don't want to test if it works or not without permission from staff.

In fact, I can even bump this thread, apparently. The button is there.

Ah! That is actually because you are a donor upgrade right now!

USE YOUR BUMP WITH JOY AND RESPONSIBILITY!

Ohhhhhh... So, I can bump any thread? That's quite the privilege XD