2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Horror, Scifi, Fantasy
Remnants of Mana
Co-GM: @Lore Magus
OOC || Character Index || Lore Page || Discord || IC​
35GrbQ4mJqkrq2Cawr6cYglBEG8ZCrDtShvgJ_2fIPba57eyoROgyjrqrsylTjsT1cVehhdLupKrEDjcx4j5hsxP8EnVXTxocMOysS1y0CBjlOW4CZ-fLdSoeX8rfi5reQk9q5-X

Magic is present everywhere in the world; it is in every living thing. For many years humans were incapable of using magic. That all changed with the discovery of the Rune Tablet. Humans discovered that they could cast spells by channeling magical energy into runes. However, due to the complexity of runes, it was very difficult to create new spells. The so-called "rune code" was thought to be impossible to decipher. Then, Mana, the first Runecrafter was born.

Mana would go down in history as the greatest mage that ever lived and none before or after have been her equal. She possessed the unique ability to read and understand runes. She became the youngest person in history to be accepted to the prestigious magic university, Isunia, and single handedly led a revolution in magic technology and research. However, over time as her power grew, people slowly came to fear her power. The tipping point came after she Bonded to a dragon, which gave her access to near unlimited mana. The countries of Yoendra, Draesa, and the university Isunia combined their powers to defeat her. After a lengthy battle, both Mana and her dragon managed to escape, although heavily injured. An extensive search was carried out but she was never found and many assumed she had succumbed to her injuries. However, two years later, Mana appeared at the Yoendran capital and completely decimated the city. The secret of her strength came from a Heartstone, a special stone given to her by her dragon which, when consumed, combined their magic and gave her incredible power. After destroying the capital of Yoendra, Mana once again disappeared.

It has been 200 years since Mana has been seen and many believe her to have long passed. However, reports that an Isunian contact has discovered Mana's Heartstone in Soria have started to spread through the land. Isunia has decided to send out a party of some of their best students to quickly retrieve the powerful relic and destroy it before it falls into the wrong hands.

Notes:
  • Discord is not required but highly preferred
  • This is just part 1. Part 2 will have a much larger scale
  • There will be some information discrepancies between characters. Players can choose to be spoiled/know everything or find out with their characters
  • Posting level - Intermediate - Adept

Last edited:
Your lore sure seems neat so mark me down as interested in playing in your world.

Your lore sure seems neat so mark me down as interested in playing in your world.

Thanks I'm glad you like it! Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's enough interest to get anything going. I still appreciate your interest though!

That said, there is still the possibility that we might look for interest on another forum site, so if that ends up working out better we could send you a link if you're cool with setting up an account there @Finhawk

it's not set in stone, but it's possible, so I figured I'd mention it ^-^

@Finhawk an interest check has been put up on another site. let me know if you'd like a link

@Finhawk an interest check has been put up on another site. let me know if you'd like a link
Sure, that'd be great. Delving into the unknown depths of a new site shouldn't be too much effort. :,]