Realms of Horror and Insanity

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arnold Solomon

Original poster
Hey, been thinking on making an RP of Mania and Dementia. Think of Sheogorath from Elder Scrolls games. But with me and yourr own little spice of new interesting creatures, occurences and such other things that are unreality.

There'd be a realm of Terror and Horror, seeing as how we got those insanity elements in there.

Or would you like to offer a suggestion similar to mine?

You have to be really careful how you do these kinds of things. They seem like they'd be easy but since it's using words rather than images it's hard to build up the appropriate atmosphere. You can't rush them either. If you rush the atmosphere doesn't get chance to build so jump-shock isn't really possible. Additionally, you have to carefully select the players. Unlike most RPs where most personalities are acceptable provided they're not mary sues characters, insane delusional settings require that the characters are neither highly skeptical and therefore resistant to being scared nor incredibly gullible and incredibly weak to it. You've got to leave quite a bit of mystery in it too, but while also allowing space for players to take liberties when writing. I try them a lot but I've only ever been part of one successful one.

Reactions: Arnold Solomon
Status
Not open for further replies.