Ravenmoore

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Psycho

I Am Death
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
  5. 1-3 posts per week
  6. One post per week
  7. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Varies no exact time to be exact
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy,Historical, Romance, Modern, Modern-Fantasy, Libertine, Adventure , Disney and Sci-Fi
5790.png
20121171016138650_sbig.jpg
The dark ivy covered walls seemed to stretch up and up. Entrance to the building was guarded by gargoyles and magic of its own. The school was shrouded in a Protective spell to disguise it as a forest. Only those with Witches' blood could enter through the gate. The school may seem dreary and down, however the inside was refurbished. It was updated to be modernized, and livable for the witches and wizards of today. It however was not updated technology wise except in the kitchen and Req. Room witch had TVs and that was all. All research was done in the library, Phones and such did not work, and except for old school I pods with no cameras just able to listen to music. Most of the students did enjoy music and going home during the summer to add on to their collection. However when you Left the school magic was permitted as long as no Human saw them use it. It must be discreet and never out in the open or you would be expelled and your memory wiped for good of the school.

Today was a chilly day in October. It was the 18th when old and new students arrived. There was air about the school that had not been there the year prior. The air seemed thick and like a darkness was creping over the school and its Inhabitance. The Headmistress was in her office getting ready, the teachers were in there classrooms setting up as well as former students were at the gates to greet and meet the new students this year and show them to the orientation. Students Romeo, Pandora, and Naomi, were chosen to be the students to help the first years around. No shroud had ever been chosen to lead the new comers through the school even the headmistress's daughter and son. Her son was a lot less cold then her daughter, but both were shrouds and were very dark. Though when her daughter was 5thyear she had tried and the student that had been with her wound up paralyzed in fear and had to be wiped and transferred to a hospital. The student never recovered and now resides in a mental institution.

The Day was October 18th and was 30 mins before students were to arrive. Well those who hadn't stayed the summer and the shrouds. The shrouds and faculty all were there a day ahead of time to settle in, well except those who had stayed and did not return home for the summer months. The shrouds were messing with familiars or magic as they waited for another year to begin. Selene the leader actually had not joined her companions in messing about. She was leaning against a wall, speaking to her shadow. He was billowing and growing feeding off her negative energy. Rolling her eyes she looked at her shadow and silenced him with a look. Most familiar Shadows were not easily silenced with a look, but one look from the dark one herself was enough to send shivers through a shadow. Pushing herself up right Selene watched the gates open as cars began to arrive, she felt her followers gather beside her." No need to gawk, Kai and I will stay here, besides the headmistress sees any of us just standing around, will be talked to and I prefer to avoid a lecture before school starts." She said. Turning to mike, she kissed his cheek, her eyes went to her brothers, he nods and turned. Looking at Kai, she went to lean on the tree as the others walked by, she looked at Kai, "So this year things will be a bit different. Instead of following at my side and filling in I want you to step up beside me, you and I will make decisions together, but after this year, that's it your in charge and will have to train your own second in command and who knows maybe you will get some new recruits here, with this lot. I would say my brother would be a nice choice, but he is 9th year next year, however he can easily help you." She said. "I will leave that choice up to you, that way we can keep it going while we are no longer here." Selene said as her eyes turned back to the new students. She had a frown on her flawless complexion. She made a face at the greeters being overly bubbly. "Come on let's get out of here. Too much kindness in one area." She said. Pushing off the tree, she started to walk away from the entrance and make her way for the Shrouds Housing.

Drake had been messing with Ent and laughing at his jokes when the chime of the gates opening went off. He and the others joined his sister to watch the newcomers come in. She had told them to go away, and that they didn't need a lecture before school started. He agreed and looked over at her. She gave him a small glance and he walked away with the others. He was in charge while his sister and kai were busy. He figured she be focused on Kai this year and teaching him how to keep the shrouds running and how to pick them to be a shroud. He went to go inside the shroud hall and let the others do what they wanted, he turned on the tv to watch before there day began, he was ready. This was the longest day that the school had. He yawned and stretched as he fell half asleep, he had taught himself to drown out the spirits that tried to converse with him. He was half asleep when the door opened and heard Ent whisper that it was his sister. His eyes barely opened and he nods to her as he relaxed again and was half asleep. His ipod was on his lap and he knew that not even his sister would try to take it, Ent was always on guard and warning him. The Ghost was often helpful and yet also a nuisance to Drake. He had sent her a message on parchment since they both had spirit magic, he could send Ent to give it to her. Only she and the cats would see him.'meet me before classes at the old tree.' He wrote and sent Ent off and went back to half sleeping. He may be a dark cold Shroud, but he didn't have a cold heart especially when it came to his secret love Naomi.
~~~~~~~~~
Luna and Salem had been sitting on the wall, waiting for the school to open. They jumped down and went to sit at the table that Naomi, Pandora, and Romeo. Luna purred and rubbed against Pandora." Good luck with this lot you 3. Need any help please ask will be here." He said and watched as Salem wrapped her way through Romeos and Naomis legs. Salem jumped into Naomis arms." Another year, not the same this year." She meowed climbing onto Namois shoulders and laying around her neck.
Mentioned: Drake: Naomi @QUEENIE/
Selene: Shrouds and first Years
Interacted: Selene: Kai and Mike
Luna and Salem
@QUEENIE @~Happily.Ever.After~
@Princess Poisoned Rose

[Spoili]
Affinities:
Water closed
Male~ Romeo Perez @~Happily.Ever.After~
Female ~ Pandora Grey @Princess Poisoned Rose
Ice closed
Male~Stormi Frost @Sasha Bliss
Female ~ Emilie Cormwell @~Happily.Ever.After~
Fire Closed
Male~ Andrew Duvette @winnie
Female ~ @Psychosis_Of_A_Yandere_Fox
Electricity closed
Male~ Kyle Turner@QUEENIE
Female~ Arlo Duvette@winnie
Earth closed
Male~ Timothy Kaufax @winnie
Female ~ Jane Flik @~Happily.Ever.After~
Wind Closed
Male~ Dragan Baker @~Happily.Ever.After~
Female ~Katherine Iridius @winnie
Spirit closed
Male~ Drake Night @~Dark Disney~
Female ~ Namoi Black @QUEENIE
Darkness closed
Male~Mikael Tael @~Happily.Ever.After~
Female ~ Selene Night@~Dark Disney~
Light closed
Male~Owen Bremond @Toogee
Female ~Bethany Heartvelt @Neko_Green

Guides
:
Helpers
Luna
and Salem talking cats GM controlled only
Dark Guides (okay to be manipulated in posts)
Laura child ghost available for use to interact-mysterious creppy and cold
Demon, malivent ghost dark cruel and a trickster
Shade A dark twisted Shadow that will circle your stomach with its faceless smiles
Light Guides (Okay to be manipulated in posts)
Cara friendly and helpful spirit open to be used
Sam friendly spirit and jokster open to be used
Summer Fairie tricky but funny and kind
Years:
1st Year 16-17 closed
Jane @~Happily.Ever.After~
Bethany@Neko_Green
Timothy @winnie
Owen @Toogee
2nd year 17-18 open
Emilie @~Happily.Ever.After~
Katherine @winnie
Dragan @~Happily.Ever.After~
@Sasha Bliss
3rd year 18-19 closed
1. Arlo @winnie
4th year 20-21closed
1. @Psychosis_Of_A_Yandere_Fox
5th year 22-23 closed
1.Romeo @~Happily.Ever.After~
6th year 24-25 closed
1. Pandora @Princess Poisoned Rose
7th year 26- 27 closed
1. Kai @QUEENIE
2.Andrew @winnie
8th year 27- 28 closed
1. Namoi @QUEENIE
2. Drake @~Dark Disney~
9th year 28-29 closed
1. Selene @~Dark Disney~
2. Mikael@~Happily.Ever.After~
Dorms:
Dorm Pine 1st Years
Dorm sage 2nd years
Dorm Eculaptic 3rd and 4th year
Dorm rosemary 5th and 6th year
Dorm Rose 7th 8th and 9th years not in the Shrouds
Deadly Night shade Hall, all Shrouds

Shrouds: closed
Leader~ @~Dark Disney~
Second in command~ @QUEENIE
Follower- @~Happily.Ever.After~
@winnie
@~Dark Disney~
@winnie
[/spoili]

Last edited:
For the first day of school, it was quite ominous along the dirt road. Endless green meadows hugged the road on both sides, while a thick forest lied beyond, off the path. There was a chill in the air as summer finally retreated into autumn. A raven cawed overhead, adding an eerie feel to the environment. The only other sound was that of a frustrated teen and a car that refused to start.

"Ah come on!"

Owen slammed the hood down, having failed to find any sort of problem in 2001 blue Camry. Yes, the car was older than he was, but it was cheap and worked up until this moment. The boy resorted to his phone, pulling it out of his pants pocket. Much to his surprise, he had no signal. In fact he had no phone: it wouldn't turn on at all! He had sworn he charged it. Luckily he had his tablet in the back seat. That was connected to the car battery for the whole trip, so surely…

Nope, that was dead too.

Now Owen was more intrigued than angry. Once was typical. Twice was a coincidence. But three times? The technology of the 21st century had utterly failed Owen; he could only come to one conclusion.

"Yep, I'm in a horror movie."

He looked at his watch, apparently the only functioning thing that he owned. He had the foresight to leave early and check out the place before reporting to orientation. Unfortunately, that time would be spent dragging all his stuff down the road. At least he had a suitcase with wheels.

"OK Owen," he gave himself a pep talk as he pulled the suitcase from the trunk. "Here's the plan. We'll check this place out for just a day. If it doesn't work out, we'll call the tow truck and get back home. No big deal."

He instinctively beeped his car to turn on the alarm, but alas, no beep followed. Owen shook his head and walked off the road. His suitcase shook with every bump as the massive forest began to reveal itself to Owen. It did not escape Owen that this was a big step in his life. This was going to be the last school he would ever attend, probably. It was a bit scary, taking those steps alone. It reminded him of the Tolkien adventures he watched as a kid. As he walked, Owen recited a poem he saw on an internet video.

The Road goes ever on and on,

Down from the door where it began.

Now far ahead the Road has gone,

And I must follow, if I can…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The long walk to the school had made Owen painfully aware that his t-shirt was not enough for the chilly air. Luckily, he had his sport coat for some protection. His primary concern was the manor that suddenly appeared before him. It wasn't nearly as forested as it appeared from the road. It was like…magic? No, he merely wasn't paying attention. His mind was on how he got here in the first place.

Ravenmoore Academy wasn't even on his short list of schools to go to after high school. It required him to drop high school and attend for nearly a decade of his life. It didn't list any degree programs, costs, or even majors. All he got was an acceptance letter and a day to go. The only reason he didn't toss the letter was his parents. Having died when he was little, their will stipulated that Owen would attend this mysterious school, fully paid with his inheritance. His grandparents suspected this to be his father's doing: they had never heard of this school from their daughter. Owen didn't know much about his father's past, but if this school meant enough to him to send his only son here, the least he could do was visit.

Either that, or the school sucked his father wanted to spite his son from beyond the grave. He was pretty sure that wasn't it.

As he admired the brick walls and spires, it was clear that Owen wasn't on the farm anymore. His gazing eventually led him to the front gate, where a group of three and two cats were there to meet visitors. One of the girls had red hair and tattoos up her right arm. The other had two toned hair and also tattoos on her left arm. The guy had the most strangely colored blue eyes, but not in a bad way. Owen was actually kind of jealous. Anywho, they had welcoming smiles for the newcomer. Naturally, he asked for assistance.

"So…I'm new here," Owen began, still trying to grasp how this building came from nowhere. "Um…anyone have a phone I can borrow? My car broke down…and my phone…and my tablet. I wanted to call a tow truck or something. Crazy first day already, I guess."

Owen smiled awkwardly. Not even he believed that tale. Who has that kind of bad luck?

The light from a candle wick danced around illuminating the darkness of Naomi's dorm room. The girl danced around the room as she sung the Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks. Morning light crept through the curtains informing Naomi of her duties. "Crap," the girl shouted as her ghostly friend entered the room. Scurring to get clothing on, Naomi noticed that Buddy scolded her silently. Stopping after pulling a pair of jeans on, she glared at her familiar. "Shh, don't say anything," she warned the ghost. She wasn't running late, at least she wasn't yet.

After dressing herself, Naomi grabbed her pair of black boots and quickly put them on. Time was ticking down and Naomi needed to leave. Buddy had floated over and set in front of her. Looking up at her, he motioned towards the door. Time to go. "Thanks, Buddy," she said as she hurried out of the dorm room. Buddy would follow after her. Only a few could see buddy-- those who had spirit magic running through them and those who were of the feline verity.

Naomi walked through the halls of the school with a haste. Upon reaching outside, she took a moment to see that the Shrouds were out and about. They lingered and played with their magic and familiars. She caught Selene's eye and smirked. Since Naomi had started here, Selene and she had been enemies. Naomi couldn't understand the point of a group of evil just lurking around campus. Sure, there had been one for years, but still... what was the point? To strike fear into the hearts of young mages everywhere? Seemed pointless to Naomi. When Selene had approached her about joining them years prior all Naomi could do was laugh at the inquiry. She wasn't trying to be rude, but she knew that she was the last person that should be joining a group like that.

Moving her eyes away from Selene, she noticed another person just as interesting. Drake. He was different than the others. He wasn't always so dark, but even when he was Naomi didn't mind it. Taking her eyes off of him, she continued down the old dirt road to the entrance gate.

A table was set up near the gates. It contained a welcome pamphlet, dorm assignments, and the key to the hall that the student would live in. Not just anyone could enter a dormitory hall unless invited to do so. Naomi took her place at the table with the other two greeters. Two, all too familiar, cats graced the greeters with their presence. Luna and Salem were talking cats that happened to hold a lot of knowledge about the school. They proved helpful over the years. Naomi had zero issue with them.

"I think we can take 'em," Naomi stated to Luna. Each of the greeters had been here for a while, Naomi had been here the longest out of the three. Feeling that Salem was at her feet, she held her hands out for him to come up. Often Salem would want to be on higher ground, at least that was what Naomi assumed. He welcomed her gesture and had jumped up into her arms and then curled himself around her neck. Naomi felt his warmth on her neck. For some reason, it helped the girl relax some.

Naomi hadn't been nervous about being a greeter, but instead about the strange feeling she had developed about the school over the summer. It was like something dark had been lurking in the shadows watching her. It wasn't darkness magic as she had felt the effects before, this was different. Something more powerful. Maybe, the shrouds had tapped into something ancient and dark, but she couldn't say for sure. One thing Naomi learned while being her was: never run your mouth about something you don't understand. She figured that maybe it was only her own feelings, but the spirits acted differently at the school. Some were even too scared to show their faces to Naomi. Some wouldn't even form words. Though she still remained silent on the matter.

As the gates opened on their own, Naomi knew students had begun to arrive. A young boy, not any older than sixteen was her guess, approached the table. "So…I'm new here," He had stated. "Um…anyone have a phone I can borrow? My car broke down…and my phone…and my tablet. I wanted to call a tow truck or something. Crazy first day already, I guess."

Naomi had chuckled at the boy's question. "Would love to help you with that, but sadly I can't," Naomi said with a frown. "Tech doesn't really work around here." It was something that students adjust to when coming here from a tech-savvy world. The fact that phones didn't work sucked, but people found their way around it.

"My names Naomi," She introduced herself, "I'm a seventh year here at Ravenmoore." Looking down at the packets before her, she wondered which one would be his. "And you are?" She asked.

As she waited for the boy to answer, she noticed a shadow had appeared beside him. Ent placed a piece of parchment paper on the table before leaving. Naomi placed it into her pocket to look at later. She didn't know if the boy had noticed a piece of parchment paper appear out of thin air onto the table, but if he did Naomi hoped that he wouldn't freak out about it.

Mentioned: Drake and Selene, Luna and Salem @~Dark Disney~, Pandora @Princess Poisoned Rose, Romeo @~Happily.Ever.After~
Interactions: Luna and Salem, Ent (receiving the parchment) @~Dark Disney~, Owen @Toogee
Outfit: CLICK HERE

Last edited:
Laying in the grass, staring at the skies above, Kai Turner was not prepared for the start of the school year. He was an eighth-year student at Ravenmoore, but the decade-long commitment was taking a toll on his mind. Kai was never someone who particularly liked school, but he knew that expanding his knowledge of electricity magic was needed. He was good at it, but there was always room for improvement like his mother would tell him. Honestly, Kai would have never come here if it wasn't for that woman. She was an education pusher.

Watching as electricity lines danced before his eyes just a few feet from his face, Kai wondered about this year. Most importantly, he wondered how much trouble he would cause and get into. Kai was part of the Shrouds group on campus, they tended to be a bit darker than the usual student. In fact, they tended to live drastically evil lives. They were troublemakers at heart and dark mages everywhere else. Kai was actually second in command to the group and would take over once Selene graduated from the school. His mother was proud of him. It turned out, Kai had come from some of the darkest mages in history.

Glancing over towards the welcome table, he spotted three students from Rosemary Hall. He snickered. Every part of Kai felt sorry for them, they had to do grunt work in terms of welcoming new students who didn't even know they had been accepted into a magic university. Setting up some, the electricity lines had disappeared. He knew that the welcoming party signaled that the students were about to arrive. Looking over to Selene, who had just emerged from the shadows of where she lurked, Kai stood up.

Selene had requested that the shrouds evacuate the courtyard, not wanting to be lectured. Kai understood where she was coming from. It was hard doing their jobs while under a detention spell. Walking over towards Selene, Kai listened as she informed him about his succession to the leader position after this year had completed. "Understood," he stated. He knew his job would be to recruit and keep things in line just as Selene had done.

Following Selene's gaze towards the greeting table, she saw Naomi. She had been a thorn in Selene's side for years now. Kai knew that she would've made a great Shroud, but the girl had turned down the opportunity. He never understood why, but then again he was always this way. Being a part of the Shrouds group just made sense. Naomi was dark, but maybe she wasn't dark enough.

"Let's get out of here..." Selene had spoken and Kai agreed.

Back inside the Deadly Nightshade Hall, Kai had walked over to a table. Taking a seat and prompting his feet up on the table, Kai looked around at the group before him. They were all interesting. Each had their reasonings for being here, but they all had things in common. A evil seemed to reside somewhere in them. Kai felt at ease here.

Interactions: Selene @~Dark Disney~
Mentioned: Naomi, other shrouds

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Collab between @Neko_Green and Myself

With a soft wispy breeze, the clouds parted onto the small wooden plantation style home. The window panes were wide open letting the fresh cut grass of the home's exterior. Beth stood out on the porch seeing her step-father, whom, she seemed to call Dad out of love for the older man, rather than meaning it in any spiteful way. Dad was driving his lawnmower when he let out a wave to Beth.
Beth was practically was already ready to go. She had her backpack resting aside her with all of the essentials of a magical private school; binders, notebooks, and a lifetime supply of pencils (even the special multi-colored pens). However, all of this was devoid of magical items. She would have thought you would have needed a wand at least. Her mother had assured her to the best extent that she will be supplied with everything she would need; even a magical pet! As exciting as it was she couldn't get it off the back of her mind, the worry of forgetting what she needed. She could never forget her phone however, she probably dexa checked that shit. Quickly she patted her jeans pocket. A sigh of relief came to her.

Beth looked back into the house. Inside a luscious living room with country cliches like a deer head and a hearth with stone laid out with master precision. All of which paid for by her wealthy Dad. Inside her big sister sat on the couch?

Pandora had been upstairs with Ban and Duibhe wrapped around her and they seemed to be whispering to the older witch. She was leaving today and she would have rather not had even come home but if it wasn't for her Mom, well step-mom, telling her that Beth had received her official Ravenmore letter. She would have avoided the place altogether, because of the way her father treated her since her older sister's death. She grabbed her duffel bag that she used to stay in her old bedroom before heading down-stairs and dropped it at the door.

Pandora made her way to the kitchen where her mom was baking some cookies. She smiled at her as she danced to the music playing in the air. "You are silly mom." She said softly and the older woman turned around with a smile. "Oh just you wait young lady you will be the same way as me when you are in love." Pandora nodded, "Sure Mom, whatever you say." Truth be told she did seem to inherit Hillary's love of baking and cooking, not that she would ever admit it to her but she did admire the way she seemed to effortlessly step into the mother role without seeming like she was taking the place of her birth mother.

"I am just getting ready to head out. I thought I would spend some time with Beth before I leave." Pandora walked over and gave Hillary a kiss on the cheek before going through the living room and picking up the crate she used for her two familiars and gently unwound them from her and set them in their cage. She looked out the window to the front porch and spotted her little sister. She was really happy that her younger sister, Beth, was going to be going to Ravenmore. She made her way out to the front porch with a soft smile.

"So Bethy, are you excited to be joining me at the prestigious Ravenmore?" She said with a small shove of her shoulder.

"Just by the fact you are their makes it prestigious," Bethany said with a tease and she shoved her back sisterly.

With a roll of her eyes she gave a shrug, "I'm not all that impressive. I like to think I am average compared to some of the others. Think of it this way little sis, you are continuing family tradition."

"Yah it's kind of overwhelming to be honest. All of this magic stuff. Like I always felt there was something else. I don't know it all so strange and new I don't know what to think of it," Beth said openly as she looking at Pandora with both excitement and worry.

Pandora leaned against the porch railing, "Well I felt that way at first too. Uncertain, excited and nervous at the same time. I knew something was missing, but once I received my letter, father told me about the magic I carry in my blood and that was why I was chosen. No doubt Father told you the same thing right?"

"Yah, but I started to think. Wouldn't I have less magic blood compared to you? That is kind of weird to say isn't it," Beth said as first but then began to cover to blush on her face in embarrassment then looked at her with wide eyes after childish reaction.

She shook her head, "You know that means nothing to me, Bethy. My opinion is magic is magic it does not matter how you have inherited it." Her blue eyes shifted out to where her father was mowing the front yard.

"Can normal people do magic? Like people not like us? Like Rory from the farm down the road? You remember him don't you?" Beth asked inquisitive. Her eyes also to the yard of green upon which the old man was mowing.

"You look at him funny sometimes Pan," Beth said directly not looking at her, but solely at the motor machine.

Pandora sighed dropping her head down, "Well, father doesn't like me much and personally I feel the same way. You were a little to young to remember how he treated me before. To him I am a walking reminder of my birth mother and our older sister."

"I think you worry to much. Honestly I think he loves you, you should to," Beth replied with an almost sour look in her eye. Before they could continue with the tension Mother called from the living room.

"Pan honey! It almost time to head off, want me to get you the keys?" Hillary said with care in her voice. At this Beth patted Pandora on the back pursing her lips suggesting a mild forgiveness.

Pandora looked at her little sister, "Well, I think that is my cue to leave, but I am happy to see how father is with you." She looked back towards her Mom. "Yeah mom I am ready to go. Just let me grab the twins and my bag and we will head out." She looked back at Beth, "Remember what I said about the blood thing. Love you Bethy." She wrapped her little sister in a tight hug.

Beth accepted her embrace and felt her warmth for one last time before she had to drive off. She really did wish that she could come along. It was a shame that she couldn't just be there to greet the new students as well. It made it seem all proper and important. It made her a little unnerved again all of the formalities.

Pandora walked back in and scooped up the cage that her snakes resided in before she scooped up her bag and headed out with her mom. "See you in a couple days Bethy." She waved to her sister and gave a small wave to her father, who nodded at her stiffly from where he was on the lawn mower. She slid into the passenger seat of the car anxious to return to Ravenmore to see her two closest friends before the start of the new term.

It was a couple hours later when her step-mom stopped at the road that lead to the school. She smiled and kissed her step mother's cheek affectionately. "Hopefully this summer, Bethy and I will come home to spend some time with you and Father as witches." Her step mother smiled softly at the thought before brightly before Pandora slid out of the car and she waved her off..

The day of arrival Pandora had been awake rather early trying to tame her ginger locks into submission. Once she managed to get into a semi co-operative braid, she looked at the time a cursed silently to herself. She leaned down and picked up Ban letting the snake rest around her neck loosely, "Thiss year ssshould be very interesssting Mistresss." The lighter snake hissed lowly to her. Of course, only she could understand her pair of snakes. She nodded before shivering slightly as she felt Duibhe making her way up her leg, the darker snake she really considered to be the darker side of herself but it never forced her to do anything she didn't want to do. "Alrighty time to go." She smiled and made her way out of her dorm room in Rosemary Dorms and to the front gate where Naomi and Romeo were waiting on her it seemed.

Pandora smiled at the newest students of Ravenmore but her attention was also drawn to Luna who rubbed against her affectionately as he seemed to speak ominously about this year, "I know Luna, I feel this darkness in the air heavier this year than last year." Ban was resting around her neck loosely and Duibhe was wrapped around her waist. Her fingers ran through his fur the softness calming her marginally. She could feel the anxiety building in her. Her eyes looked over at Romeo her fellow water magical. "We are what stands between the Shrouds and the new ones. Let's try not to fail on this." Her eyes looked back out to the newest students; her eyes found Beth's and she gave the brightest smile that seemed to light up the dreary area.

She vaguely registered the boy who walked up to their table and she gave a light laugh, "Well tech doesn't really work near campus and that includes cars, unfortunately." She looked over at Naomi as she spoke to the boy, "I am Pandora, a sixth year here at the school." She said looking back at him. Ban lifted from her shoulder lazily, "He issss going to be trouble," The lighter snake started, "but fun." Finished Duibhe. She suppressed a laugh at her familiars' comment on him.

Owen Bremont

Status: "Why do I get the feeling these snakes aren't the weirdest part of the school"

"Uh, Owen Bremont," the boy replied, still perplexed about Naomi's comment about tech. How could any organization operate in this day and age without a computer of any kind? And where did she get that piece of paper? Owen seemed to be having a severe case of daydreaming: everything seemed to be getting by him. If this happened to him again, he was going to have to get checked out for brain cancer or something.

Pandora chimed in with similar notions about tech. With both of their casual tones on the matter, it was clear they didn't exactly miss the modern indulgences. It must have been nice being isolated from society like that. On the other hand, Owen promised his grandparents that he would call them by the end of the day. That clearly wasn't going to happen. He wondered how long it would take for them to get the police involved. This would be difficult to explain, and this wasn't even half of the story.

Owen's head darted to the side: he saw Pandora's tattoos move. He then realized those weren't tattoos at all: her body was covered in snakes! By covered, it was really just the two, but that was way more than anybody he ever met had on their person. The weirdest part was he thought they were looking at him. He stared back at their beady black eyes, but didn't notice anything weird. Well, no weirder than anything else at this school so far.

Health scares and gossiping snakes aside, Owen realized that he was talking to people who've been at this school long enough to be getting master degrees. Surely they had some idea of what this school was about.

"So, six, seven years is a long time to be doing one thing." Owen said to the greeters while Naomi ruffled through packets. "What're your majors? Engineering, chemistry, maybe a MD…"

"And while we're on the subject, why do I get the feeling the girl covered in snakes isn't the weirdest part about this place?"

Mentioned: Pandora @Princess Poisoned Rose, Naomi @QUEENIE
Outfit

Bethany Heartvelt - 1st Year
Interacting: Pandora @Princess Poisoned Rose
Outfit

The three and a half hour drive had taken a toll on Beth. She was becoming more and more bored as the car rode down I-90. She just wanted to bang her head against the cold window pane. The window itself let out the aura of frost from the fall air outside; something Bethany was very not happy about, but nonetheless, she banged it on the pane with the cold painful stimuli on her forehead barely passing her by. All of this was a result of the direst of circumstance that had could be brought upon any teenager.

She had didn't bring her Phone.

Before they left for Massachusetts, Mother had informed her that she wouldn't need her phone for technology like that wouldn't work at all. Beth would have decided at that sole moment in a rash train of thought that she would not go to Ravenmoore. Even with her sister and the prospects of learning magic. Mother, unknown to her, had taken her phone from Beth.

She had said to Beth, "If you are going to survive without your phone for a whole school year then you will have to start learning now," those words echoed in her mind for a moment. All of that talk was quelled by the fact they were already on the car and the car was already done Samual Street by probably 5 minutes, but by golly, Beth was to close to punching out the windows of the car and running back to her farmhouse.

Beth had been dropped off at the wooded path outside of the school. Mother had said she can't go any further. She gave her a hug and kiss and wished that her experience here will help her grow into a strong witch like herself.

She made her way down the path the cold air brushing between her leggings. Her torso was warm however it was warped in a denim jacket and on top of her head was a gray hoodie that was under the jacket.

As her eyes met Pandoras she immediately ran up to her and hugged her as tight as she could despite her being in the mind of speech.

Her mind went what was saying and she spoke immediately, "Pan I can't believe it Mom never told me about the phone thing. How I am going to live out here," she said quickly and with a pain in her voice.

• [bg=#0e6573]
    [bg=#0e6573]J A N E . R . F L I K[/bg]

x x -- Earth -- 1st Year {16/Feb 14} -- Pine Dorm -- Cricket & Brynn {Female/4yr..11mo/Dachshunds} -- From ;; New Forest, Hampshire, England -- SO ;; N/A ... maybe owen eventually -- Friends ;; Eventually Owen -- Frenemies ;; Eventually Beth -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Home => Courtyard/Greeting Table -- Mention ;; Pandora @Princess Poisoned Rose , Naomi @QUEENIE , Romeo -- Interacting ;; the greeters[/bg]

[earlier]
    "Girls, Morning Tea is ready" called a gruff, worn voice still rather heavy with sorrow from the bottom of the small farmhouse stairs. Two voices answered the old farmer back in a warm chorus of 'be right down's' ... as per the norm, the voice belonging to that of the eldest child went unheard. Glancing over her left shoulder as she fixed an earring into place, Jane pursed her lips when she saw the twenty-four year old still sound asleep. Just as the petite young lady opened her mouth, Giselle spoke up, rowsing the girl more successful than the youngest most likely would have.

"Could I get a bit of help with this Giselle?" Jane piped as she fiddled with a simple blue ribbon, hands clumsily trying not to knot her hair while tying a bow. It was probably for the best to have Giselle help anyway. The middle Flik girl seemed to have a talent when it came to style of any sort: fashion, make-up and hair.

Once the bow was tied, Jane made quick work of securing her classic wristwatch on her right wrist and slid into her boots before scurrying to her bedroom door. She cast one last glance at her room, eyes settling on her still sleeping older sister. Bristling with annoyance, the usually gentle teen found herself marching over to her sister. "Waverly!" she called, raising her voice to an octave that hardly ever was hear from her. When that didn't work she gripped the young woman's quilt and pulled forcefully. If she could handle a stubborn horse she could handle her sister's antics. "Get up. Don't do this to Poppy.." she trailed, her voice wavering somewhere between a plead and a growl. "Don't take it out on him because you stayed out until the morning hours. He can't run this farm alone.. thanks to your behaviour Giselle had to drop her education but it'll still just be you two for a few days, so grow up" she huffed, crossing her arms and taking a single step backwards while she waited for the older girl to finally rise. Why did Waverly always have to be so difficult.

"Waverly, Jane, come down girls. you'll need to be down now if you want a meal before we leave" came the crisp and clear voice of Giselle once more. Out of all three siblings, she was the one that had the most level temper... and she always just seemed to have that motherly instinct which had really come into play during the last four and a half months since their Nana's death. "Be right down!" Jane answered, narrowing her cerulean gaze at the eldest inhabitant of the shared bedroom. Once the metaphoric zombie was standing, Jane turned on her heel and hurried down the stairs, gladly seeing that either her Grandfather or her sister had taken the time to already prepare the plates.

It was obviously a big celebration for today. There was actual cooked food... not just microwaved meats and some toast. Jane managed to get an omelet with her favorite toppings like mushrooms, peppers and a little cheese along with a piece of toast and jam paired with a steaming cup of morning earl-grey tea. Pressing the delicate cloth napkin to her mouth before she stood up upon finishing, Jane smiled softly and walked around the old, round wooden table to her caretaker. "Bye Poppy. I'll write as soon as I get there, I promise. Take care, Giselle will be back soon okay" she promised, giving the old, well worn man a warm hug and kissing his cheek quickly before inhaling deeply. Her hands fiddled with the simple locket around her neck... it was an awful habit of hers whenever she was nervous or unsure or scared.. or basically just feeling any unpleasant emotion. The gold jewelry hadn't ever left her neck since her grandmother had presented it to her when she was ten. Each of the girls had a special piece of jewelry like the one Jane was wearing that was also given to them at the age of ten. Giselle and Waverly each had a bracelet, Jane was the odd one out so to speak, but she preferred her necklace to a bracelet anyway... especially since she tended to just wear her watch.

After doing a quick check on all the farm animals and saying goodbye to those really special ones, Jane hefted her two suitcases into the trunk of the old truckbed and slipped on her more dainty backpack containing just a few things such as a banana for the road, a journal, the current novel she was reading, and a few other small things her sisters mentioned she would need... though she had no idea as to why. Waverly had a brief stint at the school, but dropped out after her first year, claiming she just didn't like it. Giselle on the other hand hadn't wanted to drop out, but she had pulled out right after their grandmother had passed, not long ago, this way she could help look after their equally as old grandfather. After all, their grandparents had been the ones to raise them. Jane hadn't even met her father..

It was always strange for Jane to see Giselle driving the truck... usually Waverly was the resident driver, it was essentially the only thing the twenty-four year old was useful for. Climbing into the passenger's seat on the left side, Jane watched out the window as the English countryside passed them by before pulling into an airport. They were cutting it close by leaving this late for the first day, but Jane had been assured she would still be on time for orientation... just not the first student there was all. "Thanks for accompanying me, Giselle. I appreciate it" Jane said gently, shooting her sister a soft smile.

[present]
    The flight was definitely a long one, add to the fact that Giselle drops the bomb that she won't be able to help settle Jane into the dorms or find her way around campus, the girl was fretful as she climbed off the flight and passed through customs. 'great... new country ... new school .. and, now no family to hide behind before I even get there' she thought to herself, her hands fiddling again with the locket until her sister gently patted them down to her sides and tried to calm her down as gently as possible.

Grabbing the two small trunks off the conveyor belt, Jane followed her sister through the airport andwatched, chewing on her bottom lip as the foreigners attempted to hail a cab. Eventually succeeding, Giselle motioned for Jane to slid in before joining the youngest for the last bit of the journey. It felt strange driving on the wrong side of the street here... well, not wrong. Technically speaking, it was the right sight... both correct and literal right. "I wish I could've afforded to buy a phone or something before I left for America. Tell Poppy I love him again?" she breathed, almost a defeated sound escaping as she pushed open the cab door in what seemed the middle of no where... yet it was where Giselle had told the man to stop. Her sister got out with her to give her a hug and give her a few more further instructions... mainly just about following the 'path' that would lead to a gate. She had also taken the time to fix the skirt of Jane's dress. With all the fidgeting and moving of the day, Giselle just wasn't loving the wrinkly, twisting of the plaid garment. Her fashionista kicking in as she smoothed it out a little before letting Jane go off on her own.

After walking a few minutes, Jane cast a quick, somewhat worried grip back over her shoulder as she tightened her grip on the luggage. Her sister already appeared to be gone. Just as she was about to double back and see if she made an error in her walking, Jane found a gate that she could have sworn wasn't there earlier but took a deep, shaky breathe and walked through the menacing entrance. This was definitely the place.

Stopping just inside everything the sixteen year old stared, wide-eyed as she took everything in. Was it too late to turn back? Forcing her eyes closed a moment, Jane concentrated on her breathing and tried to steady her heart beat. The internal muscle felt like it might burst out of her chest at any moment. Blinking open the bright blue eyes that she adorned after a few moments that felt like an eternity, she began scanning everything. Her pulse was still going a mile a minute, but hopefully she'd feel stable enough emotionally to find that table. Following what seemed a safe distance from a few other kids who looked close in age to herself, Jane spotted the table her sister must have been referring to and walked over hesitantly, waiting until they were finished helping the previous person. "Um, h-hi" she said softly as she approached. "I don't suppose this is the new student check in center?" Jane asked gently, her voice was loud enough to hear, but still quite quiet, her accent crisp as ever. "My name is Jane Flik" she said after the slightest moment, figuring they might need to know who she was to help her. Taking a half step back when she saw the snakes wrapped around the one young woman from fear, and the seemingly unstoppable sneezing coming from the male that she hoped meant he wasn't sick but wanted to be safe first, she bit down on her bottom lip again, unable to fiddle with the locket with her hands being full as she waited for a reply.
  • [bg=#090112]
    [bg=#090112]D R A G A N . C . B A K E R[/bg]

x -- Wind -- 2nd Year {18/Apr 15} -- Sage Dorm -- Circe {Female/12yr/Tabby} -- From ;; Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada -- SO ;; Open -- Friends ;; Beth -- Frenemies ;; N/A -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Sage Dorm -- Mention ;; Owen [sort of] @Toogee , Katherine @winnie , Stormi @Sasha Bliss , Emilie -- Interacting ;; Open[/bg]

Move-in day was a family affair.. just as always. It was also the start of the Baker Parent's American Vacation. This would be the second year that all three of the Baker boys were attendee's of Ravenmoore, the same place both that their parents had attended. The worst leg of the journey to the school though? The journey from Moose Jaw to the secluded, forested area of Massachusetts. It took about thirty-nine hours of travel if they drove through the night and there wasn't a lot of traffic ... but that was a rare occasion. Even though it was his second year of attendance, Drag had been along on this road trip since he was ten. Not even bothering to look out the window, the blonde male just let his head lean on the seat headrest and closed his eyes, listening to the different types of music that passed through his ears for the short remainder of this year's Journey... which had already taken something like fourty hours. Currently his brother Duke was driving, and it was probably in everyone's best interest for everyone not to pay attention... unless you wanted to experience a heart attack from his reckless driving.

A little less than an hour passed by before the four passengers swung forward and glared at the fifth member of the family, almost in unison. Typical Duke. Pulling out his ear buds, Dragan climbed over the middle row of the family van once his mom and eldest brother removed themselves before walking to the trunk and grabbing his things. He started with the cat carrier, taking the old feline was a crucial part of the lame schooling, then continued on with his suitcase and duffle bag. Feeling his pockets in a brief moment of panic, Dragan momentarily forgot that he didn't bother bringing his phone... he just had the old, seemingly vintage at this point, ipod his parent's assured his he would need. The teen had been skeptical of it at first, but once he began attending the school he found it as more-or-less a lifesaver.

Stepping away from the van once he had his belongings, he gave a half smile at his parents "bye mom, dad" he said briefly. Before he could even raise his hand to wave his mother already had him wrapped in a tight hug. Immediately he felt embarrassed by his parent's over-done antics, but there wasn't any use in fighting. He just let out a slight sigh and waited to be released from her clutched before turning and starting down the long wooded path. "Hey Vinny, some truck, eh?" he asked, shooting a look over to the eldest Baker. "Wonder who had the brains to try and drive up to the school this year. First year, no doubt" he said, giving the lone truck a last look before continuing on his way to the school.

Upon reaching campus he made a bee-line for his dorm area, deciding he could meet up with people later, but for the time being he wanted to drop his stuff off first. With any luck he'd have been the first to arrive, but that was more than highly unlikely. It was rare that Emilie, Katherine or Stormi didn't beat him there.
  • [bg=#7fb0b8]
    [bg=#7fb0b8]E M I L I E . C . C R O M W E L L[/bg]

x x -- Ice -- 2nd Year {17/Dec 5} -- Sage Dorm -- Butters {Male/2yr/Ferret} -- From ;; Port Washington, Long Island, New York, USA -- SO ;; Open -- Friends ;; Kat -- Frenemies ;; N/A -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Home => Courtyard -- Mention ;; None -- Interacting ;; Open[/bg]

[earlier]
    "Hey Emmi, come on down for a second kiddo, you can resume fretting in a minute" called the small brunette's father from down the hall. Poking her head up from her work, the pitifully shy seventeen year old made her way through the french door from her room and down the simple hall to the living room where her grandmother patted a spot on the sofa next to her, inviting her to sit. Accepting the place next to her beloved grandma, Emilie looked to her father curiously, tilting her head slightly to the left when she saw him walking with a long and shabbily wrappy, strangely shaped object. Grasping it as he placed it in her hands, almost immediately Em knew what it was... she just hadn't ever expected to receive one. Pulling the wrapping off carefully she looked between the two adults in her life one at a time, happiness and confusion and a million other emotions racing through her before she was able to speak. She decided to open her mouth before the stinging behind her eyes came forward before she could stop it. "Mom's broom?" she said softly, hardly audible. Swallowing as she breathed in, glad for the comfort of her Grandma wrapping a arm around her and giving her a little squeeze. "I thought... but... wh... iu.. um" she began trying to find the words to express herself, but was glad she didn't need to. Her dad seemed to understand just fine. "Alex didn't want the broom, he caught a flight to the school from wherever he had last been touring a couple days ago, and said he'd make sure he was there to greet you today. Plus, both Grandma and I know mom would have wanted you to have it" he said gently before wrapping his daughter in a brief hug, her grandma taking his place almost as soon as she was released. "Thank you. I'll take great care of it" she said, looking again from one adult to the other with her icy gaze.

A few minutes later Emilie had to retreat back into her bedroom to re-pack her essential sketching notebook and the colored pencils she had been using earlier into her messenger bag and pull on her boots before giving one last check to ensure she had everything. Her grandma, being the ever resourceful woman that Em had always known, managed to create a carrier that could hang under the broom and hold all of Emilie's belongings... with the help of her son, Em's father, of course.

Making her way into the backyard, Emilie brought her luggage out and placed it into the basket before her father secured the broom to it with the custom hinges. Letting her ferret scurry up and place himself around her neck, she gave two of the people she loved most a parting hug and kiss before settling herself onto the unusual yet somehow comforting broomstick and put all her concentration into lifting off the ground and hovering for a few minutes to get used to the sensation. She had a fairly good flight ability according to her teacher, but she had only ever ridden brooms in class, so flying from Port Washington, New York to Massachusetts would certainly be a first for the painstakingly quiet girl. Lifting a hand tentatively off the stick she waved once more at her care providers before setting off on her own for another year of school.

[present]
    'Why on earth did it need to be so windy' she thought after she had been up in the air for a while. Though Emilie hadn't been completely positive if she was headed in the right direction after losing her map probably an hour or so prior, she felt almost certain of it. It always seemed to her that Ravenmoore had a more distinct air about it... like the weather just always felt different even though it looked like the weather everywhere else nearby. The icy-eyed lass always just assumed it was because of the magical air surrounding the campus. "Oh.. hubble..." she breathed, muttering the term she often used in place of curse words... it just seemed, kinder.

A stony wall suddenly seemed to be looming up in front of Emilie as she tried to pull her broom back in a hurry, hardly noticing when her ferret scurried into her messenger bag out of fear. "Sorry Butters" she murmured as she suddenly turned her broom sharpy. It was a little late, and caused her right shoulder to brush against the rough surface for a few moments while she re-oriented herself. Luckily her bag was hanging on the left... it would just be her right arm and probably parts of the carrier that would have any damage. At least her mom's broom was in tact.

Landing ever so ungracefully in a heap of bushes, Em winced when she felt a few thorns take root in her. Blinking as she pushed herself up she peeled back her messenger bag and let her breath out in a ragged rush of relief when the butterscotch colored ferret was okay, looking terrified and annoyed, but physically okay. "Sorry again Butters" she whispered, kissing his head softly when he emerged. She ignored the mild remark he shot at her before accepting the apology.

As she climbed out of the bushes she checked the broom once more... still looked good, and somehow the three luggage pieces were still in place and closed... it seemed she was the only one who had ended up at all scathed... which was so much better than any alternative in her mind. Looking around after she had made sure her things were secure, she opted to just pull the broom along behind her, using it as an extended handle for the rolling carrier underneath. She needed to get out of this area... this was generally where the Shroud people lurked, and Emmi attempted to avoid this point at all times.
  • [bg=#277C7D]
    [bg=#277C7D]R O M E O . L . P E R E Z[/bg]

x -- Water -- 5th Year {22/Nov 2} -- Rosemary Dorm -- Dude {Male/5.5yr/English Bulldog} -- From ;; El Raval, Barcelona, Spain -- SO ;; Beth {eventual} -- Friends ;; Dora -- Frenemies ;; N/A -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Greeting Table/Courtyard -- Mention ;; Naomi @QUEENIE , Pandora @Princess Poisoned Rose , Luna, Salem @~Dark Disney~ , Owen @Toogee , Bethany @Neko_Green , Timothy @winnie , Jane -- Interacting ;; Salem, Pandora, Naomi, Owen[/bg]

Having already been situated at the school for a number of days, It was almost a relief when the first day came around, giving the foreigner something to do ... especially since it was far too cold to go catch a wave with his brother early in the morning like their entire family did when they were home.

Sitting down at the table he noticed the other two designated greeters were already settled at the table... and much to his chagrin, so were the cats. "This might be a bit rough Dude" he breathed, stopping a few feet back from the table to take a few easy breaths before pulling out his chair and flopping down, snapping his tongue quickly at the bulldog he was so fond of "leave them alone Dude" he said quickly before muffling a sneeze as best he could. Pulling a tissue out of his coat pocket, the dark haired young man had grown accustom to carrying the thin paper around with him since he never was sure where Luna and Salem might be, or if someone else's cat might wander across his path for more than just a brief few minutes.

After a brief sneezing fit triggered mainly from the direct contact with Salem when she rubbed against his legs before settling with Naomi [though it was undoubtedly also just due to the presence of the felines in general], Mo let out a sigh and looked back to his fellow greeters "Hola ... Pleasure to see you two again. Did you go home this summer Dora?" he smiled warmly at the females, trying to make a little small talk before the first newcomers walking in... something that was more than short-lived as the first showed up almost as soon as he finished asking a question.

The first newcomer, a young male with brown hair, was the first to come into view ... and just as always, Dude was up and scampering over, his entire body wiggling with excitement as he rolled around the first year's feet and legs. Much like his familiar [and owner], Romeo and Dude loved meeting new people... but it was usually taken easier when an over-active bulldog didn't get so excited that he almost knocked everyone down... such as last year's incident with one of the smaller girls who was just a bit unexpectant. Scowling slightly when the bulldog began to ignore the subtle signs Rome sent him, the twenty-two year old turned away from the table as a few more sneezes began to escape. Last year this was awkward as all hell... but now, well... not much you could do about the allergies when felines could be crawling along anywhere, so needless to say, Ro didn't even blink at his attacks this time. He just let the allergies run their course while silently hoping that maybe one of the potions would actually work on him for more than a few minutes this year.

Turning his attention to the greeting when the sneezing subsided, he gave Owen a smile and picked up the packet, handing it to him. "Romeo, fifth year. ...I think you'll find that this isn't your typical university or anything of the sort." Taking a deep breath, Romeo held back another sneeze that threatened to rocket out just as he felt it forming before letting his breath back out... damn cats... "and no, that's completely normal for Pans. Actually, most of us keep our familiars with us all the time" he added briefly. "You'll be in Pine Dorm. it's just over there, surrounded by the three pine trees. Feel free to settle in and take any available room. We will.. uh ... figure out how to handle the dead car situation. Most don't get too far... or arrive without an escort of some form if they take a car." the Spaniard explained. Though it was always obvious just how foreign he was, Romeo and his brother, who attended a different school, didn't have very strong accents. "Orientation should be able to clear up everything else" he breathed before turning abruptly as more sneezes erupted from him. Groaning in frustration, Ro turned around to see another new face, the face belonged to someone who Pandora obviously new already, judging from the hug. Though he did find her to be cute, Romeo often refrained himself from speaking before thinking. It was one of the only differences between himself and his older brother. While Emilio was a loud, charming and unhindered type, Romeo was far more level-headed and thoughtful before saying things... the majority of the time.

Sighing again as Dude ran over to greet the new girl, Romeo decided to follow this time "Seriously, Dude.. calm down before you hurt someone. and focus on your breathing." he muttered, herding the heavy-breathing bully back to the greeters table. He had planned to apologize, but his friend and the first year seemed caught up at the moment.

Shuffling through the packets on the table there were still a fair number of them left to be claimed ... Bethany, Jane, Timothy, and a few others scattered about the used surface. No matter how many times he experienced it, the first day never got old.
  • [bg=#8e4b0c]
    [bg=#8e4b0c]M I K A E L . P . T A E L[/bg]

x -- Darkness -- 9th Year {29/Aug 28} -- Night Shade Hall -- Carlos {Male/Shadow} -- From ;; Tsentralny District, St. Petersburg, Russia -- SO ;; Selene {dating 7yrs} -- Friends ;; Kai -- Frenemies ;; N/A -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Courtyard [Shroud-Portion] -- Mention ;; Shrouds [in general], Greeters, First Years , Selene @~Dark Disney~ , Kai @QUEENIE -- Interacting ;; Selene[/bg]

Mike had been standing next to Selene, an arm draping over her shoulders when she placed a kiss on his cheek before essentially dismissing him and the other shrouds so she could give Kai, her second in command ... also one of the only people the hot-headed male actually considered a friend. "We'll be there" he said briefly, nodding towards one of the darkest corners of 'their' courtyard. From a technical standpoint... the entire courtyard was one and the same. But, the shrouds ran this piece of it. It was always the most shaded with the thorniest bushes and other seemingly undesirable features... basically matching the persona's of the select few who were members of the elite dark force on campus. Giving a quick, low whistle, he headed into the thickest shade with his three-headed canine shadow forming again in the darkness. Grabbing the largest branch he found, Mike heaved it away from himself and his companion before the large fool bounded after it. Carlos and Mike were really similar, something that often worked out well for them ... but also could be a headache. They both listened to Selene though. Even in their stubborn, hot-headedness the duo found her irresistible and terrifying all at once.

Mike kept up the game of fetch for a while, but eventually both of the guys became increasingly more bored and restless. Pacing back and forth, doing his best to keep from getting angry, Mike glared in the direction of the greeting table and the new students. The first few days were the worst. Nearly every year at least one Shroud got into trouble with a staff member for 'being funny'... even though most of the time they kept low profiles the first week or so. Even the Ghostly guides... well, the ones he could see being a student of darkness anyway, were hardly seen until things settled down.

andrew
interaction: arlo [ @winnie ]
mentions: arlo [ @winnie ] ; pandora [ @Princess Poisoned Rose ]
outfit: here
no-lightbox
Another year, more students. Since he first became a Shroud follower, Andrew had witnessed what it was like for first years joining Ravenmoore, and each year, he started caring less and less. It wasn't something that really mattered to him except for his sister's first day at the school, and that had been worse because while he had strongly insisted she stay out of his business, she ended up becoming a Shroud follower as well. He had wanted for her to not follow in their father's dark footsteps, or his own, but nothing could be done about that now. She seemed to fit in and hold her own so he just kept his worries to himself, knowing that she did as she pleased anyway.

Andrew hadn't bothered to go meet and greet the first years even though he had been on school grounds earlier than most since he was a Shroud, because he wasn't really interested in getting to know new people. He had a set of friends -- if you could call them that -- and maybe a certain special someone, though as each day passed, he found himself wondering if that was really for the best. Pandora was the exact opposite of him. She was kind and friendly and he was often mistaken to be a brooding pessimist. They weren't exactly two people who were meant to go together, yet he knew that there was something he definitely felt for her. He just hadn't said anything of it to anyone yet.

Knowing he would be seeing her soon, Andrew made his way out of the Shroud dorm. He passed a large tree along the way and saw a familiar bat circling it. The blonde let out a sigh, knowing his sister was nearby, and just moments later, she hopped down from one of the branches in the tree.

"You'll hurt yourself," he told her as he glanced at the tree and back at her. She merely shrugged. "We're all prone to hurting ourselves. It's kind of inevitable. Might as well steer into the skid."

He shook his head and chuckled. "Try not to scare off any first years," he told her as he shoved his hands into his pockets and began heading forward. He didn't look back as she replied with, "No promises!"

Andrew headed to the small courtyard in front of the school building, where he was able to see people entering the gate, and a few other older students he recognized, greeting them upon arrival. This was the best place for him to sit and observe the newcomers so he sat down on one of the wooden benches and let his eyes roam the area. Would there be any more shroud followers this year? He started to wonder which lucky first year would get sucked into that life.

ϟ arlo ϟ
interaction: andrew [ @winnie ] ; kai [ @QUEENIE ]
mentions: andrew [ @winnie ] ; kai [ @QUEENIE ] ; stormi [ @Sasha Bliss ]
no-lightbox
Arlo was an early bird, but that didn't mean she couldn't stay up late. She wouldn't classify herself as a morning person or a night owl since she could easily be both, depending on her mood. On most days, however, she usually was one of the first to wake, mostly to take a run around the grounds. It was her way of keeping her energy contained. It was one thing to have control over electricity, but matched with her never tiring physical energy, it was typically a recipe for disaster. If she so much as got overexcited or someone annoyed her, she could easily give someone nearby a shock, whether she wanted to or not, so tiring herself out, first thing in the morning, was the best way to go about things.

It didn't always make a difference though, merely because of her liveliness, spurred on by her ADHD. But it was something, and that was better than frying a few first years on their first day in school.

Arlo kind of liked meeting some of them, but she usually waited till after they settled in a bit, so she decided to give it a few hours. Instead of going to visit them by the gate, she returned to the dorm to take a quick shower and change. By the time she was done and stepped out into the shared common room, she spotted Kai first, at the table. She knew he had gone out earlier, probably to get a look at some of the first years, so she leaned against the table as she looked at him. "Do we have any interesting freshman this year?" She asked curiously. It took a lot, however, to be classified as interesting in her book.

Once she got her answer, Arlo proceeded to move away from the table. "Alright, see you later. I'm going to go check out the newbies," she called out before letting out a low whistle. Her bat Pluto flew in, having come from his resting place in her room. He perched himself on her shoulder, close to her neck, before covering his eyes with his wings to shield himself from the sunlight, in order to go back to sleep.

After a short conversation with her brother, who had been passing by, Arlo made her way to the entrance gates where a few other people were there. She wasn't part of the meet and greet team, but she wanted to get a look for herself. She also knew that the old students would be arriving the same way so she was keeping an eye out for Stormi at the same time.

[bg=#A5F2F3]Stormi Frost [/bg] It had been Stormi's second day since he had gotten back to the school. This morning he was on edge. He had slept on his headphones the night before and broke them, there was a constant ringing in his head and he wasn't sure if he should go to class or he might break down. To make matters worse his ipod was dead so he couldn't even hold it up to his ear like a phone. Marshmallow gave Stormi comfort while he got ready by riding his shoulder and nuzzling him on his neck. Taking a quick shower it helped him out a bit as he drowned out the constant noise.

After leaving for the day Stormi only made it half way out the dorm before the ringing started giving him anxiety. He made his way towards the front of the campus to see if he could find comfort in Arlo. Marshmallow making a sort of purr noise as to comfort him.

"Oh please stop" Stormi said to himself as he looked down at his hands they were shaking with no signs of ending. His legs became heavy but he forced himself to continue on.

Making to the front of the school Stormi sat down on one of the benches. Soon he began tapping his foot faster and faster, the solid ring in his ear from when he was a young boy not letting up. Trying to stay calm he constantly looked around to see if anyone was giving him an odd look. Stormi's hands twiddling as he tried to breath deeply in and out slowly. "In and out, in and out" he said pacing his breaths clearly out of his element.

Interactions: N/A
Mentioned: Arlo @winnie
Outfit: Here

Last edited by a moderator:
timothy
interaction: n/a
mentions: Pandora [ @Princess Poisoned Rose ] ; Naomi [ @QUEENIE ] ; Romeo & jane [ @~Happily.Ever.After~ ]
no-lightbox
For a moment, Timothy wondered if he was in the right place or not. His destination was seemingly the middle of nowhere, however when he turned around, the whole school came into view. When Timothy had gotten his acceptance letter, initially, his parents were reluctant to send him, but being the adventurer he was, Timothy was quite glad to be there now. The whole atmosphere was quite inviting and everything looked so extravagant. It was the opposite to what he was used to considering home life was never this way. His family struggled to live under one roof and he shared a room with his little brother. He was used to that lifestyle, but now he was being exposed to a big change, and he couldn't say he didn't like it.

The gates alone looked quite marvelous, and as he stepped through, passing by a couple of other students who didn't seem as confused as him -- he was guessing they were not first years like himself -- Timothy couldn;t help but take a long look around, allowing his eyes to drink up every detail about whatever he could see from where he stood.

His eyes soon spotted a few older students nearby, talking to a girl that looked to be more his age. He was assuming they were the welcoming committee or something of the sort. He remembered reading about getting a map and things like that to get started. So, wheeling along his small suitcase, since he didn't have much to carry in the first place, Timothy made his way over to them, merely hovering around since he wasn't sure if he should speak up yet.

katherine
interaction: emilie [ @~Happily.Ever.After~ ]
mentions: emilie [ @~Happily.Ever.After~ ]
no-lightbox
Katherine felt quite happy to be back at Ravemoore for another year. It was only her second year, but she was still looking forward to it, just as she was excited for each and every year that was to come. The past year alone had been quite good. It allowed her to escape the issues of life at home because she sure as hell had better company in school. Speaking of which, as she approached the school grounds, wheeling along her trunk -- well she didn't have to wheel so much since her ability to manipulate air just meant she could get it to move along with her, considering she didn't lose concentration -- Katherine began to wonder which of her friends she might meet first.

Though she was the type to be quite friendly to anyone and everyone she met, Katherine was also the type to distinguish between the general crowd of people and those she actually considered close. Like Emilie for example. No doubt, the girl was her closest friend, and she found herself seeking her out as she came through the gates. It was excitable for Kat, to be able to return to the school feeling like she had some kind of seniority now, instead of being a confused, blubbering mess like she had been on her very first day there.

Fortunately for her, Katherine spotted Emilie close to a bunch of bushes. With a grin, the female approached her. "Em!" She called out as she neared her, and her eyebrows lifted slightly as she got a better look once she was close enough. "What happened?" She asked her curiously. "You look like you've just tried to wrestle the bushes," she explained the reasoning for her question with a small chuckle as she reached out and plucked a leaf from her hair.

[fieldbox= Cassiopeia "Cassy" Astran, #3498DB, solid]
scene_girl_by_scenequeenss-d6brted.jpg

The ground crunched and made sound as Cassiopeia walked the rest of the distance to the school. Her beloved familiar trotting by her side. The Familiar in the shape of fox...well a fox the size of a Gray Hound, trotted close by her side with its ears alert and ready to switch into it's more fiery form where fire cloaked its body, its form used for fighting. Moira looked up at her and twitched her ears in a cute fashion. Cassy looked down and said to her
"What Moira? Sorry, we had to walk the rest of the way. You know my dad dislikes anywhere near this place since mom passed away. But does it seem to you as if the air seems thicker then usual? Almost creepy in a way?"
Moira blinked and looked away releasing a yawn. Meanwhile, Cassy was lost in the thought by what she just said "Well aside the place seems more like some creature will come out and gore me. It's my 4th year coming to this school. That means it will have been 5 years since mom passed away giving birth to him. The third and last magical being of the family. I just wonder why Andro wanted to go somewhere else...actually no I see. It's the connections this school has. Mom used to go here, hell I could potentially be sleeping in the same room she did all those years ago. Which reminds me I better go to the headmistress at some point in the near future to make sure I got permission to go and visit Mom's grave. Don't need some strike and threat to be expelled."
Moira brought her back to reality as she sneezed and Cassy looked down and smirked in a smug way. She looked up and saw other people. She didn't recognize them. So either they were above or below her, or she was simply just not paying that much attention. She tried but she was much more of an introvert. Not much she could do about that, she and her sister were the odd ones out of the family. They were like their mother, her brothers were like their father, an extrovert. She was sure this was not missed all that much by teachers with her stand-alone nature when time to work with other peers.
She stopped a distance from the people and found a place to sit down until everything was ready and the Headmistress of the school came to welcome the students.

[/fieldbox]

• Love
GM Post

As every student got settled in there dorms a loud bell chimed. It was time for orientation a Mandatory meeting for every student to attend. Every student seemed to file into lime even the shrouds, though they were last had a designated area they all sat. The head of the shrouds Sat with second in command on one side and her love on the other. The rest sat in a line by them or behind them next to the leaders brother. Most students tended to avoid sitting near them like the plague. The auditorium darkened as the head mistress walked out." Hello and Welcome all to another year of greatness here at Ravenmoore. We have new students. As always lend out a helping hand. We do orientation every year, this helps us teach the knew of there ancestors and remind our older students of the rules." The headmistress said. Her eyes went to the leader of the shrouds a dark glare came from the female as she whispered something to one of the males next to her. The head mistress looked away and then smiles."So to fill you all in Ravenmoore is not like other schools your classes are no longer your normal English history science and math classes. What you have stepped into is a school of Magic. I know what your thinking ladies crazy actually I am not our school is protected by magic barriers and only those with Witch blood may enter. Those of pure blood or half blood meaning one parent was a witch and one was not or both are witches." She said. "Now all students are here to help no one is to harm or use spells on one another or you shall be suspend pending expulsion depending on the crime. I would like to get some older students to come up and show the new students we are not full of crazy here. Selene Night please come up." She said watching the shroud leader become darker and suprises she even been choosen, why would she want to show these spoiled, entitled first years how to do anything. She had powers that was all that was needed to be known. Getting up, she walked up and looked at her mother with a glare. "Try not to kill any one." Her mother covered the mic. Selene rolled her eyes and turned her focus to the audtorium. The room had been light so the students didn't fall asleep, it darkened and trembled as shadows moved across the floor all lights extinguished.whispers filled the air along with growls,screams and cries for help, those hidden by magic were no longer invisible. She rocked the room so the ceiling started to crack. With one snap the room brightened the shadows receeded quickly and the room stood still. The headmistress stepped forward and nods."one of our more experienced students this is our 9th year Dark magic user." The headmistress said. She looked at Selene even with a look that could be consider fear now was it fear for her daughter if her. She couldn't even do anything like that, she had powerful magic, but her daughter had seemed to really take to magic and quickly learn to wield it.

Shadow had been next to Selene his gleaming white eyes and sharp teeth turned to a crooked smile as he started to bark laugh. Selene walked off stage and pet the dog like shadow that followed her. She sat back in her seat and leaned into Kai."we need to have a meeting." She said."before classes all shroud immediately after this." She whispered. Beckoning to her brother she told him to pass on the message down to the other shroud there be a meeting immediately after this. She turned and told Mike and kissed his cheek her hand went into his as her mother showed off Namois talents which made her hands curl tightly around her boyfriends hand. She was seething with rage. She wanted Naomi taken care of this year. No one, said no to her invitation and got away with it. That was exclusive, then the headmistress asked Cassy to step up and show what she had learned. Only a few got to go up. Why Namoi she had spirit magic like her brother.

Drake could see his sister fuming when Naomi had gone up. He put a hand on her shoulder and sighed."Hey relax or your going to get into trouble." He warned her. When the demonstrations of powers were done. "Those are just many of the powers that we have here. Now for school rules. Classes start at midnight and go till, 8 am you may not skip any classes they are all mandatory. First years your schedules are picked for you, as are all other students we choose the classes. Now using your magic on others is not permitted unless dueling in class. No magic outside of school on brakes no one is to know of this place or your magic. Curfew is at 9 am no one is to break it. 9 am till 5pm breakfast is a hour later at 6."She said."Now for our new comers you will be given a test to see what magic you posses." The head mistress said. Now the time is 5pm and classes will begin tomorrow. Make sure to change your sleep schedule and get good sleep. Now we do have some guides to help you out. Luna the black fur and purple eyed cat He is very helpful and quite pleasnt to have about. Salem his counter Part has the ice blue eyes and is as well helpful. She said as the cats seemed to appear on stage. Luna jumped on the pedestal and purred."yes please ask if you need anything we are the guides and know the way around this place." He said speaking into the microphone as if he were human.Also sorry Romeo for earlier we know your allergic." He said and jumped down.

The head mistress nods."we also have some ghosts that walk the halls some are helpful others are not, just be careful if you really need something ask one of the cats. Now with that being said you may go about the rest of your day, first years I would like you to stay. Oh all other years your schedules are in your rooms. The headmistress said. Selene stood and walked with her boyfriend away from the audtorium. She rolled her eyes." Your schedules are in your rooms." She mocked."like we didn't know that." She muttered and walked to the dead tree in the schools graveyard and leaned in its trunk as she looked at the others. When they were all gather she sighed." Something is going on this year when I did my magic in the auditorium that wasn't all me, someone else was fueling me. I am strong not like that. Something has entered campus this year and it isn't friendly. We need to figure out what it is. You see anything off or strange you let me know immediately not the headmistress me. I want to know who exactly thinks they can try to come into the school and impose there darkness over it." Selene said. She could careless about the place, she was leaving after this year. She wanted to know who had a power like hers but it was amplified. She wanted to learn. She wasn't learning to expand her magic here it was all to easy for her. She was beyond what the school was teaching her, she needed something more. " Now do you all have any questions for this yeat. Yes Drake you can go." She rolled her eyes as her brother had asked if he could leave he had something to do. Her gaze followed him, she was unsure what he had to probably talk to there parents. Something she also had to do.

Drake looked back and walked out of sight before running to the area he had asked to meet up with Naomi. He sighed and leaned on a tree as he waited for her. He had missed her this summer, she had gone home and he and his family lived at Ravenmoore. His sister had wondered why he been moping and teased him. He just ignored her. He wanted to tell Selene,but he was afraid of what she try to do then he have to either side with her or fight her. He looked up when he saw a girl with electric blue hair walking by and smiled."Hey Cassy, welcome back glad to be a fourth year?" He asked with a small smile. " What you do this summer?" He asked her. He had time as he waited on Namoi to join him. So he figured might as well not be a dick. @Psychosis_Of_A_Yandere_Fox

The headmistress looked at the new comers and smiled. "Alright welcome. So you will be given a potion that you must drink and I will determine your power and what you should be working on in your classes. "You my dear come forward. She pointed to Owen when he refused she had him stand to the side. "alright, you my dear." She said and pointed to Bethany. She had her drink it and pulled back a bit "another wow a light user you may stand there my dear." She said and told Jane to step up." Earth very good that suits you." The headmistress said softly. "Alright you come on." She said softly to Timothy." Wow two earth and one light now thats just funny how that worked out. I do have somethings to do, my door is always open if you have questions,but Luna and Salem will take you around." She said. With that she left the 3 new commers with the two cats. Luna walked up and sat at there feet."What are your names?" He asked. She took the 4th with her to her office and had him sit in a chair. She call Pandora and Namoi in a bit." Can I do something to help ease your tension?" The headmistress asked.
@Toogee @winnie @~Happily.Ever.After~ @Princess Poisoned Rose @Psychosis_Of_A_Yandere_Fox @QUEENIE @Sasha Bliss @Neko_Green

Last edited:
After welcoming all new students, Naomi watched as the gates to the school closed by themselves. "Looks like we are done here," mentioned Naomi as she turned on her heel and began walking towards the Great Hall. It was time for the special orientation. Headmistress always presented the school as some mystical place, the Great Hall seemed to make the story true.

Sitting alongside her fellow dorm mates, Pandora and Romeo, she watched as students still flooded into the room. Taking notice of Drake and the other shrouds, Naomi remembered the note that she had been given. Pulling the piece of parchment out of her pocket, Naomi read the message. She was more than happy to meet Drake at their spot. It had been a long summer. She had returned home to visit her folks. Emotions had run high and the stress was even higher for her, but looking forward to seeing Drake was making her forget all about her trip home.

Since returning to the school days earlier, Naomi had waited for her chance to visit with Drake but Selene always stood in the way. Naomi wondered what it would be like to present her relationship to the public, but she knew that it would spell disaster. Selene wouldn't tolerate it, everything had to be her way or it was dead to her. It was really a pity the more Naomi thought about it, Selene would have made an interesting friend... well maybe they were better off as enemies.

Giving her attention to the headmistress as she entered the room, Naomi was excited to begin another year here at Ravenmoore. She had learned to harness her abilities since coming here. Even though spirit magic came easily to her, it was always beneficial to focus her abilities on being stronger. Naomi had thought whether that was the reason why Selene had requested her presence in the Shrouds, Naomi was a powerful witch- just not as powerful as Selene had been, at least not yet.

When Headmistress had invited Selene up to show her gift, Naomi yawned. It was always the same earth-shaking scary crap that secured her position as the witch not to be messed with. Naomi didn't mind most years, but something was different this year. The fact that Naomi couldn't be with her love openly because of Selene was causing much stress and was affecting her mood towards the woman. Still, giving her a round of applause as she left the stage, Naomi wanted to play fairly. Selene was talented and at least her talent should be respected.

Next came Naomi's turn. She had heard that she might have been called up to present her gift, but it was still a slight shock. Naomi had exiled above other Spirit-witches in recent years, thanks to putting much of her focus into her studies. Walking onto the stage, she could see Selene throwing daggers her way. A smirk graced Naomi's lips. One of the hardest abilities of spirit magic was to become a spirit herself. Over the summer she had mastered the gift. She was waiting to tell Drake all about it but now seemed easier since it was the only true way she could allow others to see spirit magic in use.

Whispering the ancestors, Naomi connected with the ancestral plane and her body fell to the floor while her spirit remained standing. A small glow circulated her body and a tether was linked to her still breathing body. As she stood there allowing others to take in the gift, Naomi saw a shadow-like-thing standing behind the crowd. The shape had a darkness to it that she had never seen before. It frightened her into returning to her body quickly.

Standing up, Naomi bowed to the crowd before leaving the stage. Others presented their gifts and Naomi was happy to watch but even happier to escape the hall. The shadow she had seen was still leaving her with a lasting impression. Something evil was walking the halls of Ravenmoore, but she didn't know what it was to saw completely.

Once the ceremony was complete, Naomi returned to her dorm room. The breeze outside was getting chilly and she wished to grab her black sweater. As Naomi opened the door to her dorm room, Buddy came into view. He had remained hidden around the others, he was always a little shy around new people.

"Sneaking around isn't good, master," Buddy growled. He wasn't approving of her relationship with Drake. He had thought it was often a trap. Somehow the ancient wolf spirit still felt that Drake was a good friend... just not good for Naomi.

Naomi rolled her eyes as she opened her wardrobe. Pulling out her black sweater, she slipped her arms into the sleeves and looked at Buddy. The spirit held his head high as though he was entitled to a special treat. Holding out her palm, Naomi focused on the center of her hand. A great whisp appeared soon and Buddy licked it off of her hand. Naomi had given him some of her own spiritual energy. She could always replace it, but Buddy hadn't been able to since returning to Ravenmoore.

"Buddy, did you see what I saw in the Grand Hall?" She questioned bending down to ruffle the ghost's fur. Buddy nodded but said nothing on the matter. Buddy was old and knew a lot, but Naomi could see that he knew nothing about this thing. "Well hurry along and let Drake know that I am coming," Naomi instructed the ghost and he vanished out of sight.

Buddy had appeared across campus, he stood on the branches of the old tree. Looking down, he watched Drake speak with a girl he recognized as Cassy. She had a fascinating hair color, it often reminded himself of the blue electric whisps that illuminated from his fur. Buddy liked Cassy, but never showed himself to her. It wasn't like he could speak to her if he wanted to, Naomi was the only one he had given that right too. She was his tether into the world, she had been that way since she was born she just didn't know it.

Leaping down from the branches, Buddy allowed only Drake to see his presence. Rubbing his head against Drake's right leg before laying down in the grass, Buddy was ready for another snack.

Naomi had just left her dorm when she saw other students exiting the Great Hall. She remembers all of their names, especially Pandora's sister. Naomi had often seen the girl when she visited Pandora's home. The young girl was alright in her book. "Hey, Beth," Naomi said stopping the girl for just a moment, "congrats on your light magic ability!" Naomi exclaimed cheerfully. When Beth looked slightly confused, which was guaranteed, Naomi smiled, "Spirits told me... I'm happy for you, I heard light magic is super fun and has a lot of benefits." Naomi didn't want to hold Beth back too long, as Luna and Salem were showing the first years around, she waved goodbye to Beth and continued heading towards Drake.

She had just arrived as Cassy left, Naomi made sure that the blue-haired girl could not see her. A rumor could always spell disaster for the two lovebirds. Making sure that the coast was clear, Naomi walked towards Drake. Her excitement getting the best of her, she leaned up and kissed him. Buddy shook his head and rolled over to face the opposite way.

Mentioned: Drake and Selene @~Dark Disney~, Beth @Neko_Green, Pandora @Princess Poisoned Rose and Romeo @~Happily.Ever.After~ (sitting with them at orientation).
Interactions: Drake @~Dark Disney~, Beth @Neko_Green

• Love
Kai looked at Arlo as she questioned the freshman prospects this year. "Maybe," Kai informed her. Everyone had potential to be a bit dark, but having potential didn't always get them into the shrouds. They need the spark. The Shrouds weren't just a group of assholes on campus, they symbolized the history of magic- especially the darker side of magic. They were the witches that would cross the line if it meant getting the desired outcome. They weren't afraid to go into the dark to achieve their wants or needs. Magic has always been a balance between good and evil, Kai liked to think that the Shrouds walked the line between the two. They were a neutral force that could be either good or evil, just depended on the day.

Sitting silently at the table, Kai thought about all the students in the school. Next year he would need to select candidates to become Shrouds, his issue was finding someone willing to walk the line instead of declaring their goodness. Too many witches were frightened of the darker side of magic to dabble in it, even if it meant expanding their knowledge of their power. Before Kai knew it, it was time for the event in the Great Hall. He rolled his eyes as he stood. What was the reason that the Shrouds even had to go? No one wanted them there. What was the point of even going? Sure it was mandatory for all students, but it was so boring.

Once in the great hall, Kai took his seat next to Selene. He sighed deeply and set in the chair relaxed, but a look of anger had rested his face when Headmistress came out. Of course, she felt the need to glare at the Shrouds table it was like a tradition. To his shock, Headmistress called up her own daughter to demonstrate her gift of dark magic to the crowd, this was the only time Kai clapped or paid attention. As Selene performed her gift, Kai watched the crowd as first years grew panicked and other students remembered why they feared her. It was glorious!

Kai had checked out until Headmistress had announced that all years, besides first years, could escape the Great hall. Kai seemed to be the first one to leave and hid for the meeting spot. Selene had called an emergency meeting and Kai wondered what it was about. When Selene had informed them about the darkness, Kai glanced at the sky. The electricity in the sky had been acting rather strange these last days- building but not releasing themselves in the form of the lightning storm. It was as if something big was going to happen and the heavens knew it.

Watching as Drake left, Kai wondered where he was going to. Normally, he was into these meetings but today was different. Kai wondered if it was because of Naomi. He had noticed that Drake wasn't as displeased with Naomi's presence as he usually acted. Was it all just an act? Letting the issue go, Kai looked at Selene. "The skies can feel it," Kai added. Selene knew that Kai could see the electricity whisps above, it was like an information map given to him. All electric magic users could see it, they just had to train themselves to do so.

Interactions: Selene @~Dark Disney~other shrouds too
Mentioned: Naomi, Drake, other shrouds

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox= Cassiopeia "Cassy" Astran, #3498DB, solid]
scene_girl_by_scenequeenss-d6brted.jpg

Eventually, the time came. A crowd of students came and started to move to the place where the intro where the Headmistress would do her usual thing. Welcome new students and older ones like her, and also inform them the things many older year students were finding repetitive to hear by now...at least she was. Especially concerning the curfew.
She got up and looked down at Moira and said "You can wait for me. It shouldn't take so long. I promise no one will try to stick a knife in my back or anything in the space of time you won't be with me". Moira looked at her unimpressed and seemed like it would ignore her order to stay put and stick by her side. She was awfully protective of her. The only people she didn't eye like they were a threat to Cassy was Cassy's twin and little brother...Cassy guessed since he was only about to turn 5 and the fact he was more of a danger to himself than anyone else. As for her sister...they were identical and were much alike so Moira was just as comfortable curling into a fluffy ball and sleeping next to her as she was with Cassie. But Moira laid back down and eyed her as Cassy walked away.
The greeting by the Headmistress was the same as ever expect a few things that were different. The Headmistress's daughter seemed as normal as ever otherwise when she came up...note the sarcasm. But because of the way she acted Cassy had a certain respect for her. After that very exciting business, she got up and started back in the crowd to get out of the place. Most would be going to her dorm, she was going to go collect her stuff and prove to Moira she wasn't dead, wounded, or threatened.
She got out without being trampled to death by some miracle. She got away from the rest of the students and walked her way back to her familiar. The wind was just blowing enough to Moira for her to get Cassy's scent. Cause when she got near the place she saw Moira already pacing the ground looking her way knowing she was coming, and it was with great anxiety Cassy saw. She sighed and thought that her familiar feared for her far too much...but she loved Moira for that oddly. She went over and Moira immediately wrapped her self around her legs in an affectionate manner, Cassy poked fun at her slightly "Were you actually afraid I wasn't coming back? You are silly" Moira just wagged her tail.
Now with all her stuff, it was time to make way for her dorm. Along the way, a voice called out and it was voice she knew very well. She looked back and with a narrow look of being unimpressed with her eyes and her normal tone of voice she used for friends she said "Hello Drake the most royal of douches. I'm not a child you know? I'm not going to jump up and run around in excitement for coming back to school. I did go through 19 some years of normal schooling, you know no magic just boring math test after a stupid English one. I'm here cause I want to be yes...part of though feels required though, to be honest. My summer was quiet as alway's. Dad locked in his office for work and likely crying and drooling over a picture of my mom, the usual. Otherwise, I've just been trying to train Moira here to stop fretting over me like a mother hen to a chick. No progress, isn't that right Moira?"
Moira had no comment.
"Well, I'll ask you the same damn stupid questions. Excited to be back in this lovely and mildly morbid feeling school of ours? What about your summer? Did daddy take you to a waterpark at all?" She said this all with a smirk to make sure that anything that did sound offensive was not to be taken seriously...she didn't need to lose the few friends she did have.
Mentioned: @dark Disney
[/fieldbox]​

Owen Bremont

At first, Owen felt weird about this strange place. There was just something off. As more new people came to the table however, he saw something familiar. The snake lady wasn't so strange when she greeted her sister, a fellow first year. Another girl with her English accent and simple dress was a refreshing new look that contrasted with all the tattoos of their greeters. And then there was the lovable bulldog that didn't know who Owen was, but gave every ounce of his love anyways. His owner, Romeo, had shown him great hospitality, despite his sneezing fits. As far and distant as the school was from home, it still had friends, family, and simple charm that gave an air of familiarity. Yes, perhaps he could get used to this place-

And then a girl on a broomstick flew in and slammed into the side of the school. No one batted an eye.

Owen, quickly reminded of where he was, batted all of the eyes. He was told that "orientation would clear things up." He certainly hoped so, because nothing short of magic would explain what he just saw…

--------------------------------------------------------------

Owen sat through the orientation in utter disbelief. One by one, students were displaying their "magical abilities". He started looking around the hall for projectors and video screens, because what he was seeing was simply not possible. When it came time to induct the newcomers to this life, Owen froze. He had only just arrived and found out his world was lies. Unlike the others, Owen wasn't quite ready to surrender his worldview. And so the ceremony went on without Owen. While the other first years were led around by a talking cat ("Never thought I was going to say that ever"), he had to follow the headmistress to her office.

Going to the headmistress's office on the first day was not a sign of things going well for Owen's future. Fortunately, the headmistress was calm. She had probably dealt with skeptics like Owen before. He reacted with smiles, not of happiness but of confusion about what he had gotten himself into.

"Honestly," Owen replied, "I'm waiting for the drugs to wear off. Because what I just saw cannot be real. It has to be some bad trip. What is it? Are you pumping psychedelics into the air? And I suppose this liquid is something to keep my altered state going. We all have to drink it every day to keep the illusion going. That's what this is, right?"

Mentioned: Headmistress, @~Dark Disney~
Outfit

• [bg=#0e6573]
    [bg=#0e6573]J A N E . R . F L I K[/bg]

x x -- Earth -- 1st Year {16/Feb 14} -- Pine Dorm -- Cricket & Brynn {Female/4yr..11mo/Dachshunds} -- From ;; New Forest, Hampshire, England -- SO ;; N/A ... maybe owen eventually -- Friends ;; Eventually Owen -- Frenemies ;; Eventually Beth -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Courtyard/Greeting Table => ___ -- Mention ;; ___ -- Interacting ;; ___[/bg]

WIP
  • [bg=#090112]
    [bg=#090112]D R A G A N . C . B A K E R[/bg]

x -- Wind -- 2nd Year {18/Apr 15} -- Sage Dorm -- Circe {Female/12yr/Tabby} -- From ;; Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada -- SO ;; Open -- Friends ;; Beth -- Frenemies ;; N/A -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Sage Dorm => ___ -- Mention ;; ___ -- Interacting ;; ___[/bg]

WIP
  • [bg=#7fb0b8]
    [bg=#7fb0b8]E M I L I E . C . C R O M W E L L[/bg]

x x -- Ice -- 2nd Year {17/Dec 5} -- Sage Dorm -- Butters {Male/2yr/Ferret} -- From ;; Port Washington, Long Island, New York, USA -- SO ;; Open -- Friends ;; Kat -- Frenemies ;; N/A -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Courtyard => ___ -- Mention ;; ___ -- Interacting ;; ___[/bg]

WIP
  • [bg=#277C7D]
    [bg=#277C7D]R O M E O . L . P E R E Z[/bg]

x -- Water -- 5th Year {22/Nov 2} -- Rosemary Dorm -- Dude {Male/5.5yr/English Bulldog} -- From ;; El Raval, Barcelona, Spain -- SO ;; Beth {eventual} -- Friends ;; Dora -- Frenemies ;; N/A -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Greeting Table/Courtyard => ___ -- Mention ;; ___ -- Interacting ;; ___[/bg]

WIP
  • [bg=#8e4b0c]
    [bg=#8e4b0c]M I K A E L . P . T A E L[/bg]

x -- Darkness -- 9th Year {29/Aug 28} -- Night Shade Hall -- Carlos {Male/Shadow} -- From ;; Tsentralny District, St. Petersburg, Russia -- SO ;; Selene {dating 7yrs} -- Friends ;; Kai -- Frenemies ;; N/A -- Enemies ;; N/A

Location ;; Courtyard [Shroud-Portion] => ___ -- Mention ;; ___ -- Interacting ;; ___[/bg]

WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.