Random/Special Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
So I was just sitting here kicking it to one of my favourite shows and a memory, just out of the blue, ran across my mind. I mean, I was thinking about my first and only trip to Texas with a group and how much it had meant to me. I just remembered what made that trip so special, and it made me feel bittersweet.

I wasn't a rich child, my sister got a lot of things but I had to earn my way through. So I only had about two pairs of PJ pants, both had holes in them. My shirts were dirty and worn, I looked like I lived on the streets. I got pushed in a puddle of mud while we were playing with these kids at this motel house place and had to be taken back to get cleaned up. Well, I get there and while I was in the shower, I found that all my clothes were taken away when i got back to my stuff. They had me stay in the restroom in a bathrobe and about ten minutes came back with a new suitcase with fresh brand new clothes. New shoes, new everything.

It had been the nicest thing that I had done for me as a child. I couldn't remember before why that memory of going to Texas to see my brother had been so special. Now I remember why, it's bittersweet because I can't remember the name of the woman who did it for me.

And it was a random memory I remember, the more I think about it the more I remember the really good things in my history.

What about you? Any memories flash back, good or bad? Any that you remember that has just stuck to you?

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
A good few years back, my old cat had gotten lost. We lived in the country side in a hot country, where it was normal for animals to stay out. Anyway, she'd been with us for five years and she knew the area like the back of her paw.

One day she didn't come back. We searched and searched, but couldn't find her. No one else knew where she was either. Weeks turned to months. She was like my and the Mister's baby, so it took a while before we decided to get another cat, almost six seven months.

The nearest SPCA was twenty minutes away, but we made the drive. We wanted a kitten, but they didn't have any. Anyway, I decided we should check out the adult cats. They were out back in cages, and we had to go down a small hill to get there. As we neared the cages, there was this insessant meowing from one cat. Lo and behold, it was our baby! She recognized us right away, in fact she was desperately climbing the cage, wanting to get to us. I recognized her immediately because she had distinct markings and she had some scars on the bridge of her nose.

I had a hard time not bawling. We obviously decided to take her back! I still remember that day as clear as can be. :'3

I like to title this memory: "Darog and The Invisible Car Drive Thru"

To set up this tale of drunkenness, me and my roommate/friend were heading back home from a rousing night of pub crawling(The act of going from pub to pub and drinking.). We both were really drunk, not too drunk to not remember anything, but drunk enough to do silly things I'd say. We were hungry, and those searched for an establishment of the cuisine variant. We had found one McDonald's joint and Drive Thru. Any sane, non-drunk person would just go in, and take an order to go right? Not us, we pretended to drive a car through the Drive Thru, even pretending to wind down the window, all the while the clerk behind the window was trying not to laugh. She told us that "You need a car to make an order through the Drive Thru." and we "drove" off defeated.

I can't remember what food we actually got in the end, but I know we didn't get a meal from the Drive thru.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.