5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
I often find myself assaulted by random quotes, some of which aren't even profound really.

For example
  • "I'm Pickle Rick!" - Rick and Morty
  • "Prepare yourselves, everypony! Winter is coming!" - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
And of course, this is something I always remember when buttering (or margerine-ing) my toast

"I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread." - Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

So what about you lot? Have you any quotes that pop into your minds that aren't really inspirational and just random?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
"I'm Pickle Rick!" - Rick and Morty
"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid "

"Wow, that must be some really good chocolate." - Digimon: The Movie, english dub
"What a lovely room of death." - Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
"I have nothing BUT contempt for this court!"- Transformers: The Movie.

It's a favorite of mine.

• Nice Execution!
"Thank heaven for little girls." Always said sarcastically whenever one of my daughters has a meltdown.

"Forty two." The answer to any question my hubby and I don't know the answer to.

"I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." Every time I get lost driving, which is pretty much anytime I attempt to go somewhere new on my own.

• Love
"So I was on the toilet, reflecting about life, when I realised that with every minute we live, we lose a minute of our lives, and losing time off our lives equals reducing our live span, and reducing our life span equals losing life. Therefore living life is losing life? Living is losing???!?!!?!??11/1?!?1?1//1! But then I realised that life is kawaii so that revelation became redundant. #lyfiskawaii"

"I don't care what your sexual orientation is. A good butt is a good butt."

"Even death can't cure idiocy" - Yui

"I'm not short! I'm fun-sized!"- Edward Elric

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Dipper and Greenie
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

"You say it's all circlin' the drain. The whole universe. Had to end sometime." Riddick.

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!" - Conan the Barbarian

"Wow, that must be some really good chocolate." - Digimon: The Movie, english dub

"Your total comes to one-thousand one-hundred-HUH?? Yeaaaah that's what it says. Wow, that must be really good chocolate. Paper or plastic?" (That entire line just played out in my head in crystal clear audio quality.)

• Love
Reactions: Shiri
"Oh, yeah... that might be an ideaaa." -John Lennon, in some Beatles recording outtake. I don't remember which one. (Also I can't convey his particular voice and accent in this text format and that makes it feel like I really can't convey the sound bite in my head.)

"The new Ms. Frizzle is the invasive species in the delicate ecosystem that is our classroom!!" -Arnold Pearlstein, The Magic School Bus: Rides Again, S1E1 (I spent a solid week not being able to get over the fact that this line was said.)

"GIRLS HAVE THREE HOLES, YOU CAN ONLY PUT IT IN TWO. DON'T TRY THE THIRD HOLE, YOU MIGHT KILL THE GIRL." -A paraphrased (or, more accurately, misremembered) version of a JonTron quote. Even after realizing that I had remembered it wrong, the incorrect version of the quote still sounded better to me, and it still sticks in my brain.

Random quotes like these come into my head all the time, but it's hard to think up the typical suspects on the spot like this. I'll probably come back to this thread with more, though.

"Tell your MATE to TERMINATE!" -a flier that's posted around my school that I can't stop thinking about because it sounds like it was written by a fucking Dalek.

I can't get this meme quote out of my head:
hqdefault.jpg

There's also some other quote I used to say a lot but, of course, now I can't think of it.

But usually it's a line pulled from whatever recent thing I've watched that I'm excited about. For example, when the Justice League trailer first dropped, I was laughing to myself about "I just push people and run away" far too many times.
I'm chuckling right now just picturing it
Fuck I hope that movie is good

EDIT: OH
I REMEMBER THE OTHER ONE NOW.

From some comedy skit I heard years ago. I'm sure I'm misquoting it but a bunch of these lines pop into my head at the most random moments. Usually at the grocery store for some inane reason.

"I'mma PUSH him. I'm HOMELESS, and I'm GAY, I have AIDS, and I'm new in town.

I'mma start with the fact that I'm homeless, as that is a given.

OHHHH, what are THREE OTHER things about him??

I'mma PUSH him..."

Last edited:
Been playing a little bit of Kindred in League's preseason. This quote made me pause:
"Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful."

Reactions: Joan
"Ummm, I smell butts, and dead people." - Gaige on entering Unassuming Docks - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

Status
Not open for further replies.