Rambling 1x1 Request of Sorts.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisterian

*disgusted noise*
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Greetings and Salutations, lovelies!

I am looking for a few 1x1 partners. (Of course I am, or why would I post here?)

How I like to RP:
  • I like rich immersive worlds and compelling characters that have history beyond the snapshot of the RP, and it shows in my posts. So, my posts are usually longer, averaging about 1000 words. I don't expect this from my partners, so long as there is something to work with.
  • I can post fairly often, 3-4 times a week at minimum. I'm always writing something. And if I'm not writing, I'm thinking about writing.
  • I prefer partners who are closer to me in age. This means upwards of 20.
  • I play females as my main character, but if I like him, I can play M. I play NPCs of all shapes and sizes.
  • While I like romance in my RP, I'm not up for smutty ones. Fade to black, hints at things, sure. I also prefer MxF for any romance.
  • I enjoy plotting and world-building almost as much as I do actually getting into RP. So if you have an idea, shoot, I'm willing to listen/critique/offer suggestions/help flesh out…whatever.
  • I love medieval settings, fantasy or not. Those are my bread and butter so to speak. But I can also do modern fantasy, time travel, historical, scifi…if the idea is good, I'm willing to try it out.
  • I'll play in threads or PM. I prefer plotting over PM though.

Characters I'd like to play:
These characters can be paired with anyone really. Male or female.

• An earth mage in a world where only women have the power of magic, and a cult dedicated to the eradication of magic is prevalent.
    • Possible pairings: M member of anti-magic cult, F mage, M commoner.
    • I have setting/plot ideas for this character.
    • PM for more details.

Plot ideas/Pairings I'd like to explore:

• As far as fandoms go…Dragon Age. Enough said. Canons/OCs, whatever.
  • Something based on the fairy tale Swan Maidens. Only the maiden isn't a girl, it's a guy. And he doesn't want to marry the girl who stole his swanskin.
    • I can play either the F or M in this one.
    • Doesn't have to be a swan. Can be another cursed human.
  • Supernatural enforcement agency. Humans with some kind of supernatural/psychic abilities who keep the balance between the supernatural and natural world. I've developed a lot of the world on my own, but I'm also looking for fresh and new ideas.
    • I have a F character in mind for this, and would take either M or F to play with.
    • Can either be an agent or a supernatural creature.
    • Would be interesting to pair with the canons from the show Supernatural, even though the world is different than and unique from it. *shrugs* Just a thought.
  • You've been sent to your grandmother's house for the summer. Oh joy. She's old, and crotchety and not the best company. While your friends are off exploring Europe or at the beach, you're stuck here. There isn't any TV or internet, and Grandma doesn't go out of the house much. When she does, its to play Bridge with the old biddies down at the Senior Center. She seems content to knit, bake and drink tea, and yell at you on occasion for making too much noise or regale you with stories of her youth. You're bored out of your mind, and reading one of her gazillion romance novels doesn't sound like fun. You seriously are considering it.

But Grandma has some secrets that might make this summer a little less boring than before.

I would like to play Grandma in either plot, as she has secrets.
    • Plot idea the first: There's a window in her attic that looks into another world. You can be content to watch, but what happens when you go through the window? Worse, what happens when Grandma catches you? (Alternatively, the window can look into the past or the future.)
      • The direction of the plot will determine who the characters are, and what role Grandma takes.
    • Plot idea the second: Grandma gives you an iron key one morning and tells you to keep it safe. Then she leaves the house in the middle of the night, the first time in ages. When she doesn't return, you start to worry. And now some mystery guy/girl has shown up and is demanding the key.
      • This based off an idea from a previous RP of mine that never got off the ground, so I'm very interested in it. (There's also much plot behind it. PM for details!)
      • I could either be the mystery person who wants the key or the grandchild.
      • I lean playing a female for this. Can be MxF with romance options or FxF without.
    • Some other idea?

It's a mess, to be sure. If you followed all that and are still interested? Delightful!
Send me a PM with your interest/ideas/wants and we can work something out. :D

Last edited:
Looking for more! Snow is coming, and I'll be at home bored. :D

Now with an updated list of ideas and things!

Still thinking about the whole Supernatural Enforcement agency? I'd be rather interested in listening to what you had in mind and maybe even adding my own little twists To the world.

Yes! I'll PM you, and we can hash it out.

I have a new plotishness idea! Will also update OP with it. Need a person. Or two. :)

You've been sent to your grandmother's house for the summer. Oh joy. She's old, and crotchety and not the best company. While your friends are off exploring Europe or at the beach, you're stuck here. There isn't any TV or internet, and Grandma doesn't go out of the house much. When she does, its to play Bridge with the old biddies down at the Senior Center. She seems content to knit, bake and drink tea, and yell at you on occasion for making too much noise or regale you with stories of her youth. You're bored out of your mind, and reading one of her gazillion romance novels doesn't sound like fun. You seriously are considering it.

But Grandma has some secrets that might make this summer a little less boring than before.

I would like to play Grandma in either plot, as she has secrets.
  • Plot idea the first: There's a window in her attic that looks into another world. You can be content to watch, but what happens when you go through the window? Worse, what happens when Grandma catches you? (Alternatively, the window can look into the past or the future.)
    • The direction of the plot will determine who the characters are, and what role Grandma takes.
  • Plot idea the second: Grandma gives you an iron key one morning and tells you to keep it safe. Then she leaves the house in the middle of the night, the first time in ages. When she doesn't return, you start to worry. And now some mystery guy/girl has shown up and is demanding the key.
    • This based off an idea from a previous RP of mine that never got off the ground, so I'm very interested in it. (There's also much plot behind it. PM for details!)
    • I could either be the mystery person who wants the key or the grandchild.
    • I lean playing a female for this. Can be MxF with romance options or FxF without.
  • Some other idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.