Quitting smoking sucks.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlamifiedBuddafied

Original poster
Title says it all.

As for any out there who don't smoke, I don't recommend it. After so many years the act in and of it self begins to drag you down but the actual quitting straight up blows a donkey boner. However I can say I've found some rather amusing and interesting information pertaining to just how remarkably efficient the body is in being able to clean the lungs (and other organs) out after a prolonged exposure to whatever was dirtying up whichever precious organ.

Seriously. Look up the fascinating ways cilia grows back in your lungs.

Did I mention quitting smoking sucks?

Feel your pain dude. Feel your pain. Glad to hear you're quitting though; congrats. Venting when it sucks is a good way to deal with it, I find, so good to see you posting here too.

• Thank You
Reactions: SlamifiedBuddafied
Had a smoke the other day for the first time in a very long time, DAMN I FELT TERRIBLE AFTERWARDS!

Don't stop quitting, bro'! Good luck.

• Thank You
My mom quit smoking a long time ago. If a woman has the strength to do so, you can too! Keep fighting!

• Thank You
I'm trying to quit too. It does suck, very, very much. I went out and got a bag of dum-dum lollipos to try and help me, but they're not really helping out. There's an electronic, vapor cigarette that has no nicotine I'm thinking of trying. The patches worked for me for a while. The most effective method was getting pregnant. lol When I was pregnant with my son, even being near my husband minutes after he smoked a cigarette made me run to the bathroom to throw up. I quit for five years...and then I moved to Florida and started right back up.

My kids have been bugging me to quit for months, and I'd like to quit, but I'm just not quite at that point where I'm ready to quit which makes it hard.

Hang in there! It's supposed to get easier. I'll let you know when it gets easier for me. @_@

• Thank You
If a woman has the strength to do so, you can too!
A woman has the strength to quit smoking? Bullshit. They are weak and in possession of smaller brains.

Their jobs are to smoke our leftover cigarettes and make babies. >:[

Also, I was about to start smoking, but then I read the first post and it changed my mind. Thanks Bravestarr.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fluffy and Torsty
Yeah, quitting is such a fucking bitch. I was able to quit when I was pregnant as it made me sick to my stomach, but when I got home from the hospital after delivering my daughter, I started up smoking again. It's a bad habit addiction to break. I would totally smoke weed if it was legal here than smoke cigarettes. If I am able to secure a job where drug tests are not a problem, I just might.

• Thank You
Yeah, quitting is such a fucking bitch. I was able to quit when I was pregnant as it made me sick to my stomach, but when I got home from the hospital after delivering my daughter, I started up smoking again. It's a bad habit addiction to break. I would totally smoke weed if it was legal here than smoke cigarettes. If I am able to secure a job where drug tests are not a problem, I just might.
See, I was lucky. Even after I had my son, the smell of smoke still made me sick. It took me years to get over it. I never did get over coffee smelling like cat pee though....that's stuck with me forever, I think.

Well seven days in. Though cravings aren't really a problem, haven't really had a single craving. It's the damn coughing and hacking which seems to be the hardest part. Some of the shades of brown and yellow your body is expelling trapped in mucus is just an oh so lovely sight.

Reactions: Torsty
Status
Not open for further replies.