Process Power Invasion RP (Multi player RP idea)

Good Idea?

• Definitely!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh....

• NOPE! (flies away)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dando20

Here is a RP idea I had for a while. I made this with an online friend, who like Transformation RPs.

I don't want to mearly copy it from there to here (unless I have to) So here is the link

BTW Is the Battle system good? I'm really not good in DnD dice format, since I have never been in such sort of RPs. This is based on a mass Chat RP that used a simple dice system. Tell me if I did anything wrong there.

Rate and Comment PLZ

Let's see. I do play tabletop games, so I can probably make some comments there, though sadly, some of a system falls into the proof being in the pudding. So, some amount of testing would be in order.

Don't use D&D alignments. Just...don't. The hero/villain and such is much more useful.
D12s need more love, so good on you for doing it. Do note that at your current threshold for a success, every die has a 50% chance of showing a success. If you want to scale things differently, it may be worth considering a change in the die number range for success.

for the rest, I really can't say, but playtesting would likely sort out of a given stat is inherently better or worse than the others, or what typical success thresholds should be to avoid things like making impossible challenges unless a character has at least certain attributes. Basically, I can't tell you if anything is actually good, but I can suggest rolling some fights out to see if they feel right to you.

Let's see. I do play tabletop games, so I can probably make some comments there, though sadly, some of a system falls into the proof being in the pudding. So, some amount of testing would be in order.

Don't use D&D alignments. Just...don't. The hero/villain and such is much more useful.
D12s need more love, so good on you for doing it. Do note that at your current threshold for a success, every die has a 50% chance of showing a success. If you want to scale things differently, it may be worth considering a change in the die number range for success.

for the rest, I really can't say, but playtesting would likely sort out of a given stat is inherently better or worse than the others, or what typical success thresholds should be to avoid things like making impossible challenges unless a character has at least certain attributes. Basically, I can't tell you if anything is actually good, but I can suggest rolling some fights out to see if they feel right to you.

Honestly, I've never used a DnD system, and the one I linked is a crude one that someone used to do a chat RP. I'm not completely sure how to test it and see if I'm doing anything right or wrong.

Though you might be right with the alignments. Might be too complicated with that.

In the case of alignments, it's more that the D&D alignment grid itself has...issues. By and large, it's also not even relevant outside of D&D. It matters there, because Law, Chaos, Good, and Evil are concrete concepts and there are many spells that specifically relate to a character or creature's alignment. If there are no such things, it's at best worthless fluff, and at worst, it'll attract the same problems it does in D&D, where people think they must play certain alignments a certain way, rather than using other aspects to describe their character and inform their roleplay.

As for the system, I just mean you can't know how it'll work without sitting down by yourself or with some friends and trying it out. make some dudes, have them fight some enemies, ask yourselves "does this seem reasonable?" Another question to ask is "do superpowers do anything related to the dice stuff?" Does a guy with Power 6 and super strength hit harder than a guy with Power 6 who's just a normal dude, strength-wise? Or is it more a matter of scale, so super-strength lets one reasonably lift different things, so it might be a roll to pick up a building, instead of a few boxes of books?

I'll also say that in general, dice-based things are not too popular around here. At least, I've had terrible luck getting anyone to try things, simple system or not. I would definitely recommend requiring die rolls ONLY for actions where failure would be interested or otherwise potentially important, and not every action a character takes, to save on time and people needing to append rolls to their posts. After all, if it's a play-by-post sort of thing, it's gonna be slow. Like, real slow. Because every dice-arbitrated action requires the player wait for the GM to give them the info.

In the case of alignments, it's more that the D&D alignment grid itself has...issues. By and large, it's also not even relevant outside of D&D. It matters there, because Law, Chaos, Good, and Evil are concrete concepts and there are many spells that specifically relate to a character or creature's alignment. If there are no such things, it's at best worthless fluff, and at worst, it'll attract the same problems it does in D&D, where people think they must play certain alignments a certain way, rather than using other aspects to describe their character and inform their roleplay.

As for the system, I just mean you can't know how it'll work without sitting down by yourself or with some friends and trying it out. make some dudes, have them fight some enemies, ask yourselves "does this seem reasonable?" Another question to ask is "do superpowers do anything related to the dice stuff?" Does a guy with Power 6 and super strength hit harder than a guy with Power 6 who's just a normal dude, strength-wise? Or is it more a matter of scale, so super-strength lets one reasonably lift different things, so it might be a roll to pick up a building, instead of a few boxes of books?

I'll also say that in general, dice-based things are not too popular around here. At least, I've had terrible luck getting anyone to try things, simple system or not. I would definitely recommend requiring die rolls ONLY for actions where failure would be interested or otherwise potentially important, and not every action a character takes, to save on time and people needing to append rolls to their posts. After all, if it's a play-by-post sort of thing, it's gonna be slow. Like, real slow. Because every dice-arbitrated action requires the player wait for the GM to give them the info.

Crud

didn't realize how slow the Rp will be with forum post and not chat. Well I'll find someone to test this with before I continue anything else

Good luck in your endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.