POTW: What would your job be if you joined the circus?

What would be your role in a circus?

• Acrobat

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Vendor

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Tightrope walker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lion tamer

• Ringmaster

• Amusement ride or Game booth carny

• Human cannonball

• Fortune teller

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Strong man or woman

• Clown

• Fire breather

• Magician

• Trapeze artist

• Balloon artist

• Tech supporter

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Musician

• Dancer

• Ride maintenence

• I'd be shoveling elephant shit all day

• Something else (Explain!)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I'D NEVER DO THAT, I HATE THE CIRCUS. >:[

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffy

The Demon King ~ He/They
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies. I can't promise much consistency due to my chaotic life.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superpowers, Drama. Also, romance is required with me because I will get bored without it.
ed53d1ac9b6cd4302ec4e5fcd43c9db1.jpg

Let's say you decide to run off and join a circus. o: What do you imagine you'd be doing after you got there? Selling snacks so you can sneak them for yourself once in a while? Performing in the spotlight? Working all the buttons and knobs that make performances look flashy? Or would you want to be the ringmaster? Tell us all about it, yo.

There are shitloads of things to do at the circus, so kindly choose the "Something else" option and explain what it would be, should I not include your ideal circus jaerb. :]

Reactions: Hana
Definitely tech support. Out of the spotlight, and plays to my strengths (#physics4eva). What else could I want for my life on the road?

Reactions: Fluffy
I am ARTIE: The Strongest Man... In the World!

the-adventures-of-pete-and-pete-artie.jpg

Probably tech support. I actually enjoy piecing things together and fixing issues with equipment.

I would be a clown then I could scare my roommate XD

Reactions: Novis and Fluffy
Clown here, as well. :jester:

Human cannonball all damn day.

Everyone knows they get the most chicks. Hazard pay, too.

EDIT: I also vaguely remember this briefly being a roleplay I was in......I think. Or else it's just something I always wanted to rp, lmao.

I'd be the person at the ring toss game that convinces you to play and that you can totally win and then rigs the game to help you win or lose depending on how I have seen you behaving before you competed.

Or help you win if you have kids so you can look cool and they get a toy.

I imagine I'd be something along the lines of an acrobat - though one of the lame ones who isn't really that flexible and just done a crapton of flips.
I have years of gymnastics training already, so might as well play to my strengths, right?

(Besides, I haven't been able to take lessons in over a year due to financial issues, and having no real place to perform is driving me nuts. I just hang around outside all day looking like a madwoman while I do flips in the mud and end up falling on my face because the ground is so dang slippy)

Support or something like that. I have issues with people and large groups of them, and even bigger issues with screaming children. And a seriously crippling case of stage fright.

Naw, hauling equipment and crawling around under trailers and fixing shit is more my style. I'm good with animals too, so that's a plus.

If nothing held me back, I'd totally be an acrobat, though. My ass would look gorgeous in a glittery, skin-tight suit.

I'd be a strong man, of course.

Also FUCK YOU @Seiji for taking my joke.

• Love
Fortune teller. I'm generally relaxed about most things, so I can deliver any good or scary predictions without making people freak out. Though, it would still be fun to see people's faces if I ever predict their death or meeting their 'destined ones' :P

Why is everyone voting fortune teller! D:< thas MY job bitches!

Vendor~! I'd love to sell either some handmade carnival snacks or souvenirs, or maybe both!

Lion tamer or Ringmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.