POTW: Fantasy With a Twist

What sort of genre blends do you like in your fantasy?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Fantasy can cover a huuuuuuge variety of things, which makes it a great genre for all kinds of different settings! Traditional fantasy with magic, elves, wizards, knights and kings is often the first and most obvious sort of setting. But you can get great types of fantasy through a lil twisting.

Krull is a really good sci fi fantasy that we mentioned last month. 8D You got all the typical tropes of magic, princesses, quests, etc, but loads of sci fi tech in it.

Modern Fantasy is super easy with examples like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or any of those supernatural magicky series!

Steampunk is a fun blend of Victorian history & style with fantasy things!

What sort of genre blends do you like to mix in with your fantasy?

Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!!! Therefor, scifi and fantasy mix into the greatest thing ever.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Medieval Doctors For Your Bones Are Crunchy And Your Limbs Make Excellent Dog Food.

I like Dragons - not to be trifled with yet so spectacular

Victorian Steampunk and screw you for not having the foresight to list steampunk. D:<

Shadowrun, Combination of Cyberpunk and Classic Fantasy

Not only are there elves and orks and things, you have machineguns, fireballs, and fucking dragons as fucking corporate fucking CEOs

Why does ketchup have so many votes ??!

I like my fantasy modern or historical. Sometimes a sci-fi twist might be interesting, too!

Historical appeals to the victorian era child in me and modern releases that teenage drama~ haha c: