2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy, Modern/Modern Fantasy,
Hey guys I'd really appreciate some help. This probably seems a bit trivial but i just can't get it to work. I keep trying to attach a picture on a thread for a CS but for some reason it keeps putting a link that say to view the attachment that leads to an error page. I just want it to show the actual picture so it works with the rest of the CS but i don't have a link from a webpage so I can't use the only other option to attach a picture. Any tips on what I should do?

It seems that the file upload feature for thread posts doesn't put them up until after you submit the post. If you're just using Preview to see things, what you're describing is what I'd expect to happen. I think it'd be a good idea to find a way to put the image in while in preview mode, but whether or not that is something feasible would be up to @Diana to answer. The error you're getting is because the image does not exist yet on Iwaku's server; the image isn't visible for the same reason. Once you send your post to the thread, the picture you'd like should show up, and if it doesn't, you can edit the post to correct it!

I hope this helps! :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Rin Mico
Hey guys I'd really appreciate some help. This probably seems a bit trivial but i just can't get it to work. I keep trying to attach a picture on a thread for a CS but for some reason it keeps putting a link that say to view the attachment that leads to an error page. I just want it to show the actual picture so it works with the rest of the CS but i don't have a link from a webpage so I can't use the only other option to attach a picture. Any tips on what I should do?
It may also help to give the image a link if that is easier for you. You can do that by saving the image and uploading it to a free picture sharing site like photobucket or imgur (the latter I know needs no membership or anything, and I use it often). Maybe not the shortest way, but that's just another idea to hopefully fix your problem!

• Thank You
Reactions: Rin Mico
@Samster yeah I was looking at it through preview mode so you might be right. I was getting so frustrated that I forgot that you could just edit it again!

@ElBell that's true I had avoided this because I didn't know any sites where I could upload the pictures. I tried one, but it didn't work out so well and kept giving a broken image line. I think I'll try one of your suggestions and see how it works out.

Many thanks to both of you for your speedy replies! (*^θ^)Thanks♪

Reactions: ElBell
Photobucket is what I usually use, but if you don't have an adblocker, navigating it can be a nightmare.

Imgur on the other hand is very simple, clean, and all-around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.