Pokemon Conquest Inspired RP Interest Check!

AnemoVictorious

boom boom i love pretty girls
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Modern, Modern-Fantasy, Magical Girls
Pokemon Conquest was not your typical Pokemon game, and was actually a crossover with the Nobunaga's Ambition series. Instead of fighting trainers and travelling throughout a region to complete your pokedex and become champion, the player was the warlord of on of the 17 kingdoms of the Ransei region, who fought in turn-based tactical combat, such as in the Fire Emblem series. There were Warlords, the rulers of the kingdoms, and the important characters who had unique portraits and were important character within the Nobunaga's Ambition series. Other than that, there were warriors, who were just a handful of personalities and portraits with different Pokemon compatibility. The unique characters could go through a process similar to evolution, called Transforming, which would improve their Warrior skill, and give them better stats.
Each kingdom was a different type, and the warlord had a Pokemon of that type with them. Warriors had perfect links, a species of Pokemon they could form an extremely strong bond with, which made them stronger. Some could link with legendary Pokemon!
Pokémon Conquest - Wikipedia See here for more information

My current idea is that, in the Ōritsu region, there is a competition held every yearto decide which kingdom will be the capital, and which warlord will be the ruler of Ōritsu. The competition consists of each Warlord trying to capture every Kingdom and build the strongest army to prove they are the best. Usually, more experienced warlords win. However, this year, each Warlord has just entered the position and are all around the same skill level, with a stage 1 Pokemon as their partner. Whether or not it is their Perfect Link at the beginning is up to the RPer.

For each Kingdom, there are allowed to be 2 warriors in the team of 6 each Warlord forms that do not have the same type as the Kingdom. Since each Kingdom is based around a type, the majority should have that same typing.

You are free to make warriors for any kingdom you want. However, there is a limit of 1 warlord per person at the moment, but it can/will change depending on the amount of interested people.
Each Warlord (ONLY WARLORDS) is allowed one Legendary/Mythical/Ultra Beast perfect link alongside their partner Pokemon's perfect link. (ex: Ice type Warlord has a perfect link with the Spheal line, but she also has a perfect link with Kyurem, compared to one of her warriors, who only has a perfect link with the Snom line.)
Pokemon are all free for all, but please ask me about using regional variants first..
Each warrior and warlord may only transform once. Hideyoshi and the player were allowed to transform twice, but to make it fair here, only one transformation is allowed.

Once we have a some interested people, I'll make a discord server where we can discuss plots, rules, and limitations. For now, here is a census listing reserved spots and the names of the Kingdoms (and the region) and the name origins.

@Cyberelite2k

Welp I'm interested, can I reserve ghost warlord with gastly line and giratina

mmhm! i've already put you on the census ^^

This is a cool idea that I'd love to be a part of. If possible, could I reserve the Water Warlord with links to Kyogre and the Piplup line? :)

Ah yes. Pokémon Conquest. What a fine game that was. I'll throw in my interest in it. I think I shall claim the Fairy Warlord.

Quick question. Does the perfect link pokemon's type have to be their primary type or can it include secondary typing? I'll get to brainstorming later in the night after work.

It can be their secondary type!

@Reanimator Spuds do you want to reserve a specific warlord?

Hmm... I think I'll do the normal warlord with a partner in castform if all things. I'm toying with the idea of a strategist, and a partner that can be take advantage of the weather seems pretty cool.

Reactions: Raven
just a little update! once we get 1 more person, i'll make the discord server!

I'll be putting the server up tomorrow, so we can start plotting and making characters! I'll also begin working on the sign-up thread!

Reactions: Quake
I might as well just ask. Exactly how much knowledge on Conquest is required? Because the general premise is amazing, but! I've never heard of Pokemon Conquest until now.

You don't have to have played it before! I can teach you and answer any questions, so not much prior knowledge is needed!

Here is the discord server! There's a whole lot of nothing here right now, but eventually I'll do some work on it! Anyone who's interested after I've posted this link, please feel free to join!