pm search is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rosedrachen

Original poster
I can't go search old PMs, I think the indexing broke again after the migration to the new server or is this something to be 'it will take a few days but it will be back' like before? >.<

Yep!

This was brought up in the bug reports and was answered by the lovely Pahn BUG - BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.5.12

@Vio @Francis

Yes, the search function is down temporarily. Jared is waiting a few days to make sure everything is running smoothly on the new server, since the search function is an add-on that's pretty heavy. Patience, my dears :)

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been an update yet, but perhaps someone farther up the food chain knows something. :D

• Love
Reactions: Rosedrachen
The regular search function has been restored, but I think the PM search was a different add-on. @jared555 would be able to answer that!

The regular search function has been restored, but I think the PM search was a different add-on. @jared555 would be able to answer that!
Xon (the author behind half the Essentials series, including Conversation Essentials, which used to contain this feature) recently split the more essential... Essentials features into related Improvements addons. These are free addons, but I can imagine it'd grind the server to a halt to enable conversation search and have to rebuild the index for a conversation table as big as Iwaku's lol.

This actually came up a while back when the inability to Like posts in conversations was highlighted after an update day. I still have the scars from being chewed out by owlmom. :U

Xon (the author behind half the Essentials series, including Conversation Essentials, which used to contain this feature) recently split the more essential... Essentials features into related Improvements addons. These are free addons, but I can imagine it'd grind the server to a halt to enable conversation search and have to rebuild the index for a conversation table as big as Iwaku's lol.

This actually came up a while back when the inability to Like posts in conversations was highlighted after an update day. I still have the scars from being chewed out by owlmom. :U
Actually the conversations are in the index. Not sure why the older conversations aren't being searched. I will attempt to rebuild the index.

The index should be rebuilt. Let me know if you are still having issues.

Please note that the search is now set up to sort by relevancy instead of age, for now anyway. Don't just jump to the last page of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.