Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like.

My favorite settings are fantasy combined with something else, multiverse, post-apoc, historical (mixed with something else), and futuristic. I'm not limited to those, but it's a good start.

My favorite genres include mystery, adventure, action, drama, tragedy (must be mixed with something else and kept balanced), romance (again must be mixed, and more.

I'm happy to include elements of slice-of-life and romance, but doing them on their own doesn't hold my interest indefinitely.
Everyone loves plotting! Crafting a good story hook, carving out a series of events to deal with conflict, and even simply writing out a story snippet to ignite a reader's imagination are all incredible fun and fabulous ways to start writing new stories, breathe new life into old ones, and otherwise just have a really good time.

As has become habit, I'm going to throw three basic inspirations (in various and sometimes random formats) every Friday, and users are welcome to post their takes, their interpretations, and what they'd do with these bases: they can use one, two, or even all three in one! Writers should feel free to diverge from the posted prompts, as well. They are meant only to bring a spark, not to dictate! Anyone may use the inspiration and prompts however they wish.

This exercise is meant to encourage writers and roleplayers to explore new genres, experiment with unfamiliar themes, and practice and stretch their creativity.

Since the bonus rounds seem to be enjoyable for posters, they're here to stay!

Theme:
  1. Immortal Watcher x Youth
  2. Turn the Other Cheek
  3. "Patience? Only when there are witnesses."

Bonus Rounds:
  • Include a handful of nuts.
  • Never mention nuts.
  • Two characters are hungry.
  • There's salad dressing, but it's ignored.

(Oops, it's almost Friday again. Quick and messy with this response!)

Darby Hogan had played tour guide any number of times to those wishing to stalk and view the Immortal Watcher who was a regular at the Taco Bell in Bradbury, Ohio, but this was the unruliest group yet. Out of the eight people under his wing this Saturday, there were a handful of young – well, he didn't wish to be uncharitable – especially when the Immortal Watcher might be about – but he would definitely call them "giddy idiots." And that would be stretching it.

But he was determined to remain patient and polite while the coterie set up their recording equipment, despite the fact they had signed a contract agreeing NOT to do any such thing. He had a great rating on the internet for his little business and intended to keep it that way, if possible. The customer was always right. (Until he wasn't.)

He exchanged glances with his wife Linda as both their stomachs growled. They had learned from experience that you didn't want to be standing in line to order when the Immortal Watcher walked in for his ten meatless 7-layer burritos. Darby glanced at his watch. Time had stopped. That was good. That meant…

The Immortal Watcher strode in the door, shimmering with a golden light. It was impossible, but his 20-foot height easily cleared the door, as the building morphed and wheezed to alter reality and accommodate his bulk. The Watcher looked to be carved of stone, but Darby knew from experience that the immortal was capable of altering his texture and size from one second to the next.

One of the young jackasses ran up to the Immortal Watcher with a microphone, feverishly trying to interview him, while his cohorts recorded them.

Linda bristled. "Those people are nu…"

Darby put a warning hand over her mouth. "Don't say it, Linda. You must never say it. Just smile. Look … pleasant."

Linda narrowed her eyes rebelliously, but nodded.

The Immortal Watcher bent down and gazed at the quaking clerk, saying in a booming voice that had the ability to span miles, "THE USUAL." And let fall a single priceless ancient coin on the counter.

"Yessir!" replied the clerk trying to hold it altogether and not foul his trousers. "Coming right up! Just the way you like it, sir!" There was frenzy of activity in the kitchen area.

In the meantime, the youngest miscreant (Darby guessed he was about 14 at the most), kept trying to stick his microphone in the Immortal Watcher's face.

"STOP THAT," growled the Immortal. (He was always a bit grouchy before he ate.)

"But sir – Mister Immortal," whined the oblivious lad, seemingly ignorant to any danger. "I really need this interview for the school paper."

Another member of the tour group, a stout redheaded girl, scoffed. "As if! You don't even have a school newspaper. Liar!"

Darby tensed. You simply did not start trouble in front of the Immortal Watcher. To make matters worse, the redhead defiantly walked up to the cashier and placed HER order, "One taco salad to go, no salad dressing."

The cashier looked nervously at the Immortal Watcher who looked absolutely affronted. "Miss, if you could wait!"

"Why should I wait?" snorted the redhead. "He (she nodded at the huge immortal) placed his order, now it's my turn. This IS America, you know."

"YOU ARE RUDE," boomed the Immortal Watcher, "BOTH OF YOU. BUT I WILL SHOW MERCY."

Darby grabbed his wife's hand and tugged her towards the restrooms, the same as he would do if a tornado suddenly hit.

"Oh really?" sneered the redhead. "You gonna turn the other cheek or what?"

"TURN THE OTHER CHEEK? IF YOU WISH." A slight smile crept across the Immortal's marble countenance.

"Shield yourselves!" screamed Darby as he dived into the men's room with Linda.

The immortal's head spun rapidly and a new face appeared. A face capable of turning mortals to stone or…

"NEVER IGNORE THE CHIPOTLE SAUCE." The words tore through the eatery, along with horrible inhuman sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: The Mood is Write