Plot Picture Challenge 7

K

Kitti

Pictures can inspire ideas within us, from characters to creatures and even whole storylines.
The purpose of this exercise is to craft an idea for a roleplay, story, or whatever else based on the image.
There is no right or wrong - just create a plot from the picture!

gravity_storm_by_alexiuss-d9ky220.jpg

She looked out at the sky, dark with disaster and chaos, a smile on her chrome face.

"I told you I would pay them back for hurting you," she murmured.

"Yes, but don't you think this is a little too much?"

"Perhaps. But, as humans love to say, I don't care."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
Porshanx-8 tore off her helm and edged her bulbous buttocks onto the viewing platform, watching debris swarm the sky (after the self-implemented destruction of her latest effort), and then finally fall into the building graveyard. She just couldn't get it right!

There were only three more days until the contest ended. She simply had to win! "Design an alien city." She was talented and imaginative (she told herself). This should have been easy. And yet, she loathed every model that she had made.

Each student had been allowed to pick the dead world of their choice, travel to it, and draw inspiration from it. Porshanx thought she had made an excellent choice, but the ruins here began to irritate her. It was their fault she was going to lose. Whatever stupid stupid beings had once inhabited this place. And then Verga-65 would triumph over her again.

Ooooh. She just couldn't stand it. And she had seen the way Merph-210 had been looking at Verga-65...

Reactions: Kitti
This world had been allowed to go on for too long- the ancient artifacts being pulled through the wormhole Idle had created was proof enough of that. She allowed them to fall on the buildings, ignoring the screams and the pleas of the flesh bundles down below. They were begging for her forgiveness, but Idle was far past that. They'd experimented on her, tore her flesh apart. They had even prodded her brain- that alone was a death-dealing offense on her planet, indeed, to even touch someone's head without explicit permission was considered a crime.

Such cruel beings would not be permitted to stay alive. Her species would inhabit this planet soon, and there would be no more threat from these humans ever again.

Hannah watched the coming storm. This one was far more powerful than the ones before and she was glad of it. Her powers were waning and she was in much need of a recharge, and these tumultuous storms were the fastest and easiest ways. It also didn't involve her subjecting herself to the governmental testing, so there was that plus as well.

She removed her helmet, and exposed her bald head to the elements knowing the storm would be attracted to her powers and move swiftly to her location. There would be damage to the city below, but that was unavoidable.

There were others sitting atop the two buildings next to her. They too were seeking to drain the storm of its power, but she knew the storm would favor her. The lightning struck and her body jolted but then calmed as the inner core of her powers began to surge and pulse with renewed life. When she felt content, she replaced her helmet and let the others have what they could get. She wasn't greedy, just resourceful.

Kali looked about herself, the city expanding like a dead slime mold across the ground around her. There was not a single living thing there, for miles as far as she could tell, and her silicon and gold eyes changed not a whit. She sat upon the roof of the building she had chosen, and she crossed her legs upon the ground. No one would bother her here. They had said as much to her.

A dead place. Just for me.

"It's a world of laughter, a world of tears, it's a world of hope, and a world of fears..." she slowly sang to herself as she closed her eyes.

The mantra coincided with a slight darkening of the sky, the clouds seeming to pull together into massive thunderheads that quickly sprouted forks of lightning. The buildings began to sway as if they were blades of grass in the wind, pieces of them raining onto the ground. A place all my own. A place where they will not touch me. A place where I can be.

"There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware, it's a small world after all," she mumbled in a singsong voice, her mind intent on what was before her. They had said, at one point, it had been a pleasure planet, abandoned after the solar flare had decimated the infrastructure, left to rot down, as if a smudge of humanity's fingerprint had been left behind. It will be my haven. My sanctuary. And it will be wholly what I make it.

The wind picked up, the buildings beginning to disintegrate as objects of sizable mass crashed into them, the momentum carrying them further and down. The whole of the small moon seemed to be bathed in an electrical storm as she sat amid the destruction, serene, still singing.

"It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all,
it's a small world after all."