5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
A picture is worth a thousand words, as is often quoted.
How does the picture below speak to you? Perhaps as a poem? Perhaps a roleplay idea? Maybe a story?
Whatever comes to your mind, write those words down! All is well and welcome, whether a couple of sentences or more!

god_s_hourglass_by_erikshoemaker-dal1ngo.jpg

Two men stand on a precipice overlooking the ocean.

"That's a fine mess you've made there," one says.

The other stands with arm outstretched, frozen and without an immediate response.

"Is that the moon? And a whole belt behind it. Very nice."

The gesturing man mumbles that it isn't very funny.

"You can never have enough pyramids, I say," indeed says the first. "It's a wonderful day for, uh, triangular architecture. And debris floating in the air.

"You know, our ancestors thought it was 'gravy' holding things together, making 'em float."

His correspondent says, quietly, "That's. Gravity."

"That's gravity." And his correspondent corrects himself before continuing, "But those birds seem to enjoy what you've made. See those birds?"

He approaches as to guide the other man's attention, placing a hand on his shoulder, to which the other whips around and spits, "Alright, enough, I see the birds, just let me fix this, I can--"

"--put things back, a-ha. See to it, then." A riled old man strides off, leaving his pupil with the reprimand of "Don't speak of this" hanging palpably like a sour taste in the boy's mouth.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
The tale is told how the great magician-explorer Niat had turned two heedless gods into statues in the midst of their game of planetary dodgeball (deity-style) seconds before the double pyramid was due to collapse from damage. Casting a spell of stasis on the pyramids, Niat was then able to enter them and retrieve the two halves of the necklace of resurrection for Queen Sovella. (But that is another story.)

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
The goddess Vega, worshiped sustainer of the universe and guardian of planets, is said to have been defeated many millennia ago by her jealous sister. Janera, goddess of the wind wanted Vega's power for her own, so she stole the sacred heart of Celestia from their mother's resting place. Once the all powerful heart was in her possession, Janera called Vega to join her in a picnic on a beautiful mesa near the ocean.

Vega gladly agreed, having spent much time apart from her beloved sister. However when she stood on the earth, her body was instantly trapped and slowly turned to stone. Reach out her hand and pointing to her sister as the wind blew her hair from her face was her final conscious act before the trap encased her in his powerful grip.

Unfortuneately, Janera did not know how to keep the universe in sync, nor did she know how to keep the planets in orbit and slowly things began to unravel and lose their order. In an act of desperation Janera used the heart to set everything to rights, but was herself trapped at the center of a double inverted pyramid with constantly moving orbiting satellites. It was her life force that was keeping the universe in order and she was just as well and truly trapped at Vega.

Vega however, still has loyal worshipers. This is their tale and their quest to free their goddess.

"It's a little bit... gaudy, innit?" Oedis the knight said, adjusting his slightly loose helmet and squinting at the amalgam of shapes before him.

Two pyramids faced point to point, with the base pointing towards sky and ocean respectively. A mobile of myriad size orbs spun lazily about the two edifices, floating listlessly in circular orbits at different angles, so as to create an almost choreographed dance. The ocean lapped up against the cliff faces before the pyramids and its moons. To top off the whole thing, there was a massive, beautiful statue easily a hundred feet in height of a gorgeous woman wearing robes that seemed to unfurl in the wind, nature made stone. A corresponding statue - this one a winged man reaching out towards the ocean - flanked them on the other side.

Mornell pinched the bridge of her nose, right between her eyes, as she answered, "She always had a flair for the dramatic."

Darsin the horse snorted in agreement between the two of them as Mornell smoothed down her skirt and stood at her full height - no small feat, given she was nearly eye to eye with the six foot tall Oedis while flat footed - before walking towards the edge of the cliff. Oedis followed behind her somewhat reluctantly, suspicious of the giant orbs that revolved about the whole structure, some of them bigger than whole towns.

"Madredis! Madredis, I know you're in there and you can hear me! Madredis, please!"

"WHO DARES DISTURB THE SANCTITY OF THE TWIN TRIANGLES."

"Maddie, drop the act already. You might be able to fool every other buffoon around here, but you're not about to fool me!" Mornell shouted back irately. "I need a f....f...ffffffff--"

"Favor!" Oedis finished for her.

It was quiet, other than a just-on-the-edge of hearing hum, and a bridge suddenly coalesced from the foam below. Mornell walked across it without hesitation, Oedis and Darsin suspiciously toeing it first before fully putting their weight upon the lightweight structure. A door ground open from the bottom pyramid in front of a platform that functioned much the same as a porch, and a surprisingly tiny woman walked out, the spitting image of the monument on the cliff behind them.

"Aaaaaah little sister, how are you? Doing good?" Maddie asked with hands clasped, her elfin face pinched into a smile.

Mornell glowered at her sister, eyebrows heavy over a glare, and she said, "Fine."

"What do I owe the pleasure of this visit? Do you want anything to--"

"I want to break a curse."

"A curse?" Maddie asked as if in great surprise, hair-line thin eyebrows flying heavenward in interest. "Oh, you want something of a magical consultation. Sister, that is awfully expeeeeensive~."

Mornell rubbed her face, pacing, in an effort to avoid taking both her hands and wrapping them around her sister's trachea. The little magician merely stood there primly, waiting. Oedis decided to intervene.

"This, uh... this is Darsin, and I'm mostly sure he were a person at some point. And we need him to be a person again, because he knows things we don't," Oedis explained.

Maddie's eyes seemed to grow wide, her smile barely restrained by her cheeks.

"Is that so? Why don't you two... step into my office..."