Plot Challenge: The Torn Map

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
K

Kitti

Original poster
1243447718WY65Ao.jpg

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!
NOTE: You can reply to this post with your own challenge additions at any time! If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit. Learn more about the Roleplay Challenges HERE.

Challenge Phrase: The Torn Map

Prior to me starting i must say this. "SET SAIL FOR ONE PIECE."

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

I found it, no wait not ALL OF IT?! No, that cannot be I swear it was all here. Fair enough we ahve enough of it. But where do we start? Boys turns yoru glimpses on this! The map to the ancient and lost Freshra Elude. A sacred and and mysterious statue that's said to grant one which of whoever appears before it during the summer solstice. We have nine months to locate this bad boy boys! We can do it. We ahve over half the map, if we can find the location,s omething that matches,w e CAN FIND IT.

O Traveler, who had reached this summit of undending torment and pain, I tell you now that you completed only a mere fragment of the puzzle that we have laid out before you. For endless aeons, surely you have travelled, thinking that this mountain shall be your salvation, that this mountain shall be your goal. You could not be further from the truth, O Traveler, for this is the start of the journey that you must endure in order to find peace. But I assure you, O Traveller, that the journey will make you question your sanity, for you must cross a distance that is infinite yet finite at the same time, a river that flows in every direction at once. Making your way to the gates of Eternal Damnation would be much easier, so make sure, O Traveller, that you have the correct mindset to find what will be never be found, to uncover what will never be uncovered.

For you, I have left behind clues, parts of maps, ruins and roads that lead to your destination which is never to be reached, but you have to find the path for yourself, O Traveller. I, who know all yet know nothing, can only give you so much if you want to achieve true salvation, for blessed is the mind that finds salvation in itself, and damned is the soul who finds salvation through others. On this summit, O Traveller, you will find the first piece of the puzzle, an incomplete map that will guide you, even though its language is completely unknown to you and it is older than your species itself. Use this clue to find the others, to find the Pillars that I stand on, to find the Fear that I face and to find the Solution that I lack.

I was stumbling around my father's attic in the dreary northlands and I found it. A map of the great blue, the ocean and her surrounding islands. She held secrets dear to me. Then I looked closer. There was writing at the bottom. Latin. It read, after I had translated it to english, "To whom who finds this accursed map, wildest riches beyond their grasp." The next morn, I set off for the port, checking the map for island stops. There were islands approximately five mile from where his ship was docked. His journey to riches would soon set sail...