Plot Challenge: She put the shot glass down.

Challenge Phrase: She put the shot glass down.
She put the shot glass down. She'd had enough of her self. Drinking day in and day out ever since she learned her husband was a lying cheating bastard and her best friend? To hell with them! For to long did she let another control her life. She'd start over. Move to the states and forget her tradgic life in france. She'd finialy open her own wedding planner bisnuess and help others with their happiness even if she couldn't have her own

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
She put the shot glass down, and a series of tears went down with it. She'd decided to drink a shot for each year they'd known each other, and so far at 9, she wasn't even halfway done. She knew she was already wasted, and she also knew she'd be calling in sick for work the next day. Silently, the bartender handed her yet another tequila shot, knowing she was planning to drink at least a few more. "Y'know, I am going to have to stop you soon. No one can drink 26 shots and not end up with alcohol poisoning." He says bluntly. The woman simply shrugged her shoulders. "That's fine, the rest will go down at home." She says stubbornly. She was here in hopes of forgetting her fiancé, who'd passed away from a heart attack a few weeks ago. They'd known each other from the time they were 6, and with her being 32, that was a good 26 years of being inseparable. Each shot she took, she tried to remember one thing of him from the year the shot represented, but the haze of intoxication was already making this a struggle. Finally, she was able to remember that at 15, he'd asked her to their first date. With the memory in her mind, the girl picked up another shot glass and there her head back, the image of her memory fading out as the drink slid down her burned throat.

Reactions: Buttercorn
This turned into both a plot challenge AND a 100 word challenge. O.o

She put the shot glass down, and images flashed through her mind matching pace with the fire of the drink in her veins. A college student taken hostage off the streets. A lion's den beneath a prominent church. The priests lining their pockets with the Devil's promise. A fight to flee, a wrong turn, now the boss's pet panther. A bed painstakingly dressed with obedient loyalty. Oh how he was surprised when his pet swapped climax for a bullet through his brain. Well now, the shot glass belonged to her instead of him, and the church of sin burned asunder.

• Thank You
The voice of about twenty boozed up college boys echoed each other in one word. "Chug, chug, chug, chug!". In the center of the writhing mass of booze laden bodies and varsity jackets sat two people, a man in a SDSU hoodie and a young woman with a much too short crop-top and black yoga pants. The man looked miserable, gulping shot glass after shot glass of Jack Daniels, while the girl giggled and slung back her last glass, emptying the last of her row. The man looked at her in awe as she tittered to herself and stood up, swaying heavily. She had enough equilibrium to look amid the faces of all her brothers teammates and let out a tremendous "WHOO!" before folding to the ground like a lawn chair and upchucking the contents of her stomach. The man, dusting off his jacket, stood up as well and kneeled next to his dumb sister to pull back her hair, muttering how he was never going to hear the end of this. As his teammates began to disperse and party on with whatever lady friends they brought with them, the whole school would hear about the crazy 18 year old that out-drank the football captain.
"Did you see than man?" One jock drawled as he leaned away from his sloppy kiss with a cheerleader and towards his quarterback friend, also getting friendly with a chick of his own, "That was Darren Stines' sister man! She put those shot glasses down!"

• Thank You
Melody is drinking by herself. She's about to take another sip, about to enjoy another sip of her drink, until her tumbler shatters from a bullet. Her clothes drip onto the wood.

She put the shot glass down.

Reactions: Buttercorn
Her eyes were bleary, and it felt as if the room was tilting. She squinted her eyes and cocked her head to straighten things out again. All it did was send her off the chair and smacking her shoulder into the floor. A good thing about being close to black-out drunk was that pain was extremely close to being obsolete.
Suddenly she was floating upwards, unable to control much of her muscle movement.

Damn, pussyass midbrain. Get it together.

Wiggling around it vaguely occurred to her that she was being held. For a moment she relished in the warmth from the mystery body before wiggling again to try and get down. The body complied and let her slide to her feet, but not letting go completely in case she lost her balance again. It was then that she finally heard a voice that belonged to this person. It was young, boyish, almost. As if he hadn't spend more than a few years in puberty.

Clearly it was time to go, but there was no way she was driving. Even being blitzed, she knew that. Sloppily leaning against the male body, she mumbled: "Take me home."
What she couldn't see, was the sinister gleam in the man's eye. "Sure. Here, let's get you to the car."

• Thank You
She put the shot glass down. It was a healthy bout of whiskey some clown six stools over with a platinum crucifix and crooked cap had slid over with a wink and the dropped thumb-hammer of a finger gun. It was tacky, certainly, exponentially so, but playing the field in the advent of single-status wasn't supposed to be easy. One would say to be thankful for any attention at all, to be humble, cork a nod, raise the glass and drink with a secret smile. But she wasn't having it, would not satiate such the Tool of a man under the flag of cordiality.
She knifed her elbow, raised her palm and sat her chin atop it. And it was then, with her chin somberly nuzzled in that comfy palm, that she felt a prick on her bare shoulder, something that instantly reminded her of lit match against her flesh. Two eyes of brown dolled over, and there, sitting on her shoulder cross-legged in a tight dress of red, was a bite-sized demonic sprite with high, feisty eyebrows.
The girl rolled her eyes away from the little sprite, but the devil would not be denied, hopping right up onto her microscopic heels just to stamp a point into her patron's shoulder. "Hey!" cried the toy-like demon. "I don't take kindly to such ignorance!---You should know by now, little Sophie."
The girl sighed, dropped her chin and reluctantly returned her eyes. "How many times have I told you not to call me that? Go back to hell, damn you, the last time you appeared during happy hour I spent a hundred-damn-dollars on tequila, licked some girl's neck and gave her boyfriend a black eye. So please," objected Sophie, hoisting a pausing palm. "just go."
The little devil puckered her lips and dolled-up her chin. "And yet when have you had more fun? What have we done since then?"
"Stop saying 'we'."
"I'm being serious, Little Sophie, you need a little demon in your life---you're single now, yes? Why not give that handsome bro' down the bar a go? What is there to lose?"
Sophie evened her gaze over the bar where the silver-chained, tip-capped Tool was banging his fist against the bar as his skinny, idiot eyes droned into the television fixed above the bottlerows of the backbar. Sophie said in sigh, "My dignity? Perhaps my life?---Just look at him smashing his fists like an animal just over a football game, what the hell would he do if I scratched his car or got dirt on his rug? No thanks, demon. Buzz off now, please."
Sophie felt a slight breeze on her opposite shoulder, a comforting touch that reminded her of soft, luxurious feathers. She was about to turn to face the newest apparition when the little Devil objected with few stomps of her toy-like spiked heels. "No!" the hellion charged. "To hell with that goody-two-shoes! What has she ever done for you, mm? Mmm, Little Sophie?"
Sophie squinted and contemplated. "Well, I can't say her advice often leads to anything fun," Sophie said. "But she's always there with words of wisdom---I mean, she's a fucking Angel, you know?"
"I do know," said the Devil. "I've known that little brat for eight-hundred generations, and she's always been a bore. At least when she's' not drinking."
With wide eyes, Sophie's jaw fell apart. "Drinking! You lie, Devil."

And the Devil smiled mysteriously, stood with arms folded and slanted her head to the right as to conduct Sophie's eyes. Sophie obliged with neither volition nor expectation, moved without consciousness as she was on the Devil's wire. When her eyes turned over to her opposite shoulder she found there a hunched little angel in a robe of white and a mane of gold, bent over with her hands planted and her rear-end hoisted. In one doll-like hand she clutched an oversized bottle of brown glass with a white-band 'XXX' label stuck to it's wide hip. The tender angel's body writhed and quirked and, from above, Sophie's face kind of netted in on itself, shrunk and wrinkled as she struggled to understand the little angel's dilemma.
Next came a new sensation to the flesh of her shoulder where the angel was hunched, like with the burning match of the devil and the subsequent feathers of the Godly mistress she was currently observing: it came with heaves and hacks and a score of the most detestable little groans from Sophie's little angel. "Oh my god," Sophie hosted in shock as a pool of moisture collected beneath the heaving angel.

And the little goddess turned over her shoulder to look up at her Sophie with a massively disrupted and crooked smile and a band of rosy drunkenness staining her nose and cheeks.The angel lifted her other hand, while the bottle-hand propped her wracked little body up, and in this raised hand she held a dirty halo and, still grinning like the wilds, waved it around as her flag of content, signalling the passage of her turned stomach and the genesis of a (hopefully) more stable hour. She then wiped stains off the corner of her mouth with the back of her wrist, laughed once more and returned to her pitiful hunch.
Sophie mouthed a sharp bar of inaudible invective, looked to the devil on the left shoulder ( she was fetal, curled in a hysteria of laughter ) then rolled her eyes.
She picked up the shot glass.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
She put the shot glass down, thudding against the against the wooden counter top with moderate force. It wasn't the first time she'd looked through the top end of an empty glass and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Whiskey, bourbon, tequila, she didn't discriminate as long as it was hard and served to her. While most might drink to forget, Alice was quite the opposite. While the "yin" might be to abstain from heavy consumption because of bad tendencies, Alice was the "yang". There was no feeling she'd ever experienced quite so exquisite as intoxication. It was..well, intoxicating.

And Alice was far from intoxicated.

Half of a half pint down, she slid the glass forward so Ricky would take notice, brushing auburn locks from fiery hazel eyes, trying her best not to make eye contact with any of the bar's patrons. "I don't know why I keep coming back to this dingy shit-hole. If I'm not being eye-fucked by the regulars then my drinks are 50% water" she thought bitterly, trying to make eye contact with Ricky so he'd take notice in her empty glass. She realized she was being unfair and decided to blame it on the lack of alcohol, more specifically, Ricky. Her lips pursed for a second before deciding to take action

"Hey Rick! What's girl gotta do to get a refill down here?!"

She cried out, much to the bar's surprise. It was probably the first time they'd ever heard her talk, besides the bartender of course. Snickers arose around her, most likely offering suggestions of exactly what she could do for another drink. Alice gave a quick roll of her eyes before they made contact with Ricky's very surprised face. He practically tripped over himself to get to her side of the bar, excusing himself from the other guests who he was previously engaged with. She never lost eye contact with him the entire way

"Sorry Alice, I should've just set the bottle out for you"

He said, jokingly, pulling a bottle of Stolichnaya out from the top rack and lining up another another shot for her. She was vaguely amused with herself that she forgot she was drinking vodka today, but the amusement broke when she heard the bar door swing open

Two men in black suits emerged from the doorway. Silver ties gleaming and catching the dull light of the bar, black shoes shining like the Sun, one carried an automatic shotgun, the other an M16. Alice didn't even need to look to know who they were. She could feel the air change, she could sense their "auras". Without thinking and acting completely out of instinct, she leaped from her bar stool and took a dive behind the counter, only briefly catching the look of confusion on poor Ricky's face

"What the f-"

Were the last words he spoke before the place turned into a war zone. The sound was deafening, at this angle she couldn't see a thing, but from the way they were shooting, it was if they were lighting the place up. Some screams of pain could be heard through the gunfire as well as the sound of wood snapping, like a tree falling in a forest. She slumped against the corner, immediately fishing out her 9mm she kept in her pants, when she saw Ricky fall over, riddled with bullet holes, that same stupid look of surprise on his face. Alice took only a second to look at him, before flipping her safety off and hunching against the ice machine that was beside her, waiting for them to either reload or just stop shooting. She knew she had 13 shots in her magazine, plenty if she could get the drop on them. Despite all of the chaos and death, Alice had to smile. "Just another day in the life"

"Dude…"

I turned from the growing pile of dirty plates and silverware to look at my fellow coworker, Mark. His eyes seemed glued in the opposite direction of where I stood facing the sink. I followed his gaze briefly, but turned back to the dishes upon finding nothing of interest, aside from the ass of one of the females waiting a table in the back.

"Dude, look," Mark insisted, this time going so far as to tap my shoulder. I jerked away in irritation. I hated it when people did that, friend or not. He ignored me and continued his nagging. "Look, look!"

"What am I looking at?" I hurriedly asked, suppressing only some of the aggravation in my tone.

"Over there, dude." Mark pointed at the dining area. I turned fully around. Still, nothing out of the ordinary was immediately obvious.

"Where?"

Marks eyes grew in disbelief. "Over fucking there," he insisted impatiently, pointing vigorously ahead. "The bar, dude, look at the goddamn bar!"

Having no real comeback, I could only sigh at him as I looked one more time. I felt it before I saw it, and the heavy, sinking feeling of dread immediately set into my chest. "Oh shit…"

"Yeah. Can't believe you didn't notice her before."

Mark was referring to Jessica, and he had brought up a very good point. How hadn't I noticed her before? How does one go through the worst breakup of one's entire lifetime – I'm talking a screaming, cops-were-called, oh-shit-I'd-better-bolt type of breakups – and not notice the woman who was the epitome of all that was evil across a moderately crowded restaurant? In my defense, she had been partially obscured by the threshold from the kitchen to the dining area, but that still did not make up for the fact that I should have sensed her evil presence long before she even walked through the door.

Fate decided to be cruel. Jessica's dark eyes snapped to me, her long, black hair brushed over her right shoulder and an empty shot glass in her left hand. She put the shot glass down, her gaze unfaltering. I jerked away, but much too late. Eye contact had been made. The damage had been done.

"Shit, she's looking straight at us…"

I growled, jerking around to face Mark once again. "Thanks, dipshit. No, really. Thank you."

Though he looked slightly hurt by my crass reaction, he seemed to get over it quick enough once one of the managers rushed through the back to yell at him for fraternizing with the assigned dish washer. He turned sluggishly, mouthing back in typical Mark fashion, and went back to his station.

• Thank You
She put the glass down with a trembling hand, as red as strawberries, the life liquid flowing from her side. He had shot her. He had really shot her. She always knew he way insane. "Harvey! Why...?" She squeaked out, her lungs fighting for air as the red life liquid flowed from her with no sign of stopping, the hand on her side on slowing the blood a tiny bit. Harvey Dent smiled at her. "Sometimes, darlin'. When I say I'll do something, I'l mean it. Other times, not so much. You're just so,so,so lucky that I meant to do it." He whispered menancingly into her ear as he rubbed his silver, blood stained pistol across her temple. "Would you like me to end it now?" He asked her, an eerie smile across his face.

She thought about it. Dent was a legitimate psychopath now. He had told her she was next. She hadn't paid him for the information she had been given. She was a journalist. Freelance. And now she would never get to work on the Gotham News Network like she had always dreamed of. She should never have let him near her. She should have just got another job. What could she do? End it and die? Or ask him to let her live, and be killed slowly?

"Tick tock..." He whispered menacingly, the bullet clicking in response to his reloading.

"Please Harvey...Do-" was all she could get out, before the ear piercing scream of a bullet was heard, and her world faded to black.

• Thank You