10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
PLOT CHALLENGE, hotpink
A PLOT CHALLENGE is where you are given a word, a phrase, a sentence, or a setting and you have to come up with a plot idea that is inspired by those words!

The object is to THINK FAST and share the first ideas that come to mind. It's an exercise in quick creative thinking. You can do this challenge any time. Or multiple times!

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it! You are to write down a plot premise or basic idea. This isn't about writing scenes, this is about writing up a setting!

NOTE: If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you ask permission or give credit to the muse.

Challenge Phrase: Music on a Mysterious MP3 Playerplotchallenge_08-09-14.jpg

Miranda was a normal ever day girl until one day walking home from a party she found a glowing MP3 player on the ground. Mesmerized by its mysterious aura she picks it up. Before long she realized she was no longer in her own world but a world she couldn't imaging in her wildest dreams.

They were the people who looked for things. Things to sell, things to keep, anything to help them in life. When they found the MP3 player, perfectly intact, in a trashcan, they thought they'd really hit the jackpot.

But then police go around, asking about an MP3 player that was vital for an investigation. Just what was going on?

Reactions: Buttercorn
He cut open the brown-paper wrapped package that arrived in his mail. There was no note to be found, only an MP3 player. He was one of many subjects to receive a similar package, as part of an illegal test. It was the dawn of a new age in the area of Completed Neuroscience. If frequencies could be used to change the way neural pathways behaved, to what extent could it control thought, and the soul?

Reactions: Buttercorn
Getting a ferret was a mistake. An enormous, spur of the moment mistake. I should have gotten a cat. Or a small dog. Or a bird! But instead I got a ferret, who has criminal inclinations!

"Really, Snap?" Really?" I cried out, exasperated. The medium sized panda colored beast in front of me simply stared before returning to his junk pile. A junk pile that consisted of quite a few things from the other residents in the building. A few days earlier, the land lord and the nosiest and meanest old lady in the building had called a meeting to discuss a burglar who kept stealing small objects from their apartments. I wasn't really concerned, nothing had been stolen from me after all. And even then, the things that had been nabbed were silly little objects like gum, easily replaceable keys, a cheap snowball from Vegas! I didn't think the rest of the residents should have made such a big stink about it.

But then I had caught the culprit red handed--err pawed. It had been late in the afternoon, when I'd heard a rusty creaking sound. I had raced to the source with a baseball bat in hand, just in time to see Snap, my pet ferret, backing out of the air vent with an mp3 player in his mouth. I'd taken it from him of course, because it looked expensive. And then after Snap finished throwing a tantrum at me for stealing what he had stolen, I followed the irritated ferret to my room, where he revealed his hoard. A sizable pile of everything that had been listed as stolen at the residential meeting.

Despite finding this out, I was in no way going to come clean. No way in hell. That vicious old lady would have my head! And my apartment! She'd been complaining about wanting to rent the space to store her stupid old lady stuff, and still gave me the stink eye even after two months of me being here! So I was never ever ever! Going to confess.

Clenching the mp3 in my hand tightly I moved to the kitchen counter with the intent of bashing it with a hammer and tossing the remains in the trash. If I had thrown it away whole, someone--probably that damn hag--would dig through my trash. And I was not going to take that risk.

However...There was no harm in listening to it first right? Just to see what type of music the owner likes. Maybe if I liked a few songs I might upload them to itunes.

It took me a few moments to find my ear buds, but soon I was lounging on my couch and turning the mp3 on. Flight of the Bumblebees blasted in my ears and I let out a shriek of pain. Who the hell needs to listen to music that loud? In my rush to pull my buds out, the mp3 slipped out of my hands and fell to pieces on the floor.

"...Oh well."