EXERCISE Plot Challenge: Bones in the Basement

Discussion in 'REFINING WRITING' started by Diana, May 25, 2011.

1. PLOT CHALLENGE

Plot challenges are designed to help you think quick and be inspired. We often play this game in the cbox, shouting out random words or phrases and see what ideas first pop in to people's heads.

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!

NOTE: If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit.

Challenge Phrase
    Bones in the Basement

2. Everyone knew the old man was crazy. Yu could hear him always muttering nonsence and he was always carrying an axe. "Fer wood choppin' young 'un" he'd say but he lived in suberbia. We though it would be fun to sneak into his basement. I prank, a dare, I can't remember which.... But inside we found bomes, human bones.. I whole damn butchery. Thats when we heard his footsps on the stair.... thunk... thunk... thunk...

3. What a beautiful house! And you couldn't believe the great price you got it for! Lush green grass, flower garden, white picket fence... It even had a patio and a pool in the back! The only catch: the neighbors claim someone was murdered in that house and their body buried under the basement concrete floor. You shrug it off of course. Silly wives tales. You think nothing more of it. That is until strange things start happening...

4. Am...Am I still alive? it seems like it has been so many years since that siren blared... Ma and Pa huddled together and dragged me and sue down into our basement, or as my father called it, the "Fortress of Solitude." They say we were safe as long as we stayed indoor. they said that it would be over in an months time. Pa got fed upafter 3 months in. Left to see if anyone was out there. Haven't seen him since. Ma, a religious woman, convinced herself this was the end quietly tried to put plastic bags over our heads. Believing the wild stories I heard on the radio, I thought she was a mutant from the bomb blast. I slammed my louieville slugger into her skull four times before I realize it was just Ma. Sue saw woke up in the cot next to me and thought I was crazy. She feld upstair, barrciding the door with God knows what. I can't get out anymore. Not that I wanted to. She shares Pa's fate now, as a person who sank into the uncertanty of what was left of the world. And I am still here, Me and the decaying body of Ma. I don't know when the supply is going to run out, but I reck it to be soon. Even though it smells awful, it seems to be a shame to just waste meat by letting mom just to rot on the cold dead cement. The oven seems like such a warmer place, wouldn't you agree?

5. Anna had lived in the same house for three years, she knew every inch of the house. But suddenly she found a hidden entrance to a basement in the house, she got curious and started to walk down the stairs to the basement. When she came down she couldn't see anything, she searched after the switch to turn on the light and after some time she found it. When the lights got turned on she saw bones laying on the floor, it was bones from a human.

The house was pretty new and she and her family were the only once that had ever lived there, so one of her family members must be the culprit. Who is the dead person? And who killed him or her? Anna and her friends would figure out this mystery.