Pirate Age: The Prequel-Sequel

Collab bet'w Mizos and Silent
1712633927117.png
1712633623062.png
Shay's Banner.png

Jack and Adelaide walked behind Shay, close enough their arms occasionally brushed against each other. The smallest touch used to communicate. No threats nearby. They had each other's backs…right up to when they'd get separated.

"Why is Adelaide and Emil getting singled out?" he asked Shay's back.

He detested the idea of Adelaide being away. For the first time, he was truly worried for her safety–a novelty, really. One that both amused and irked his counterpart. He could tell by the way her smile slanted a centimeter lower than usual.

More than any of that: He hated being away from his crew and Cedric. He knew they could handle themselves–and most would keep Cedric from pushing himself too far– but damn if this place didn't electrify every hair on his body with apprehension. And I wonder what Jackie wants… I wonder what her piece of red is. Nali and her hair; Alicia and her eyes. It makes sense.

A deal with Imposter. Jack was certain there's at least one reason why he–they– would make that choice.

His eyes slid back over to Adelaide, questioning. What deal would you make with Imposter?

Adelaide glanced at him. She shrugged. Her face turned teasing. Jack snorted and rolled his eyes, before seeing Shay look at them.

"Sorry. What did you say?" Jack cleared his throat.

Shay kept their pace forward, a steady one with no real rush, body and back straight and their steps steady, professionalism at its finest. At Jack's question they glanced back at him, and opened their mouth only to close it as the two 'communicated' with each other.
Once the matter was resolved Shay opened their mouth and spoke again.

"It's quite alright. I am…accustomed to it I suppose you could say. To an extent."
With that said Shay turned and walked backwards maintaining their pace as they answered Jack's question.
"I'm afraid that I don't know. His Highness chose not to share the reason with me. I can only speculate at best as to his reasoning, I do know the other Lady Adelaide suggested it but that is all I know. I can say Scouting is far simpler than Core Retrieval."
With a small nod Shay's gaze moved fully over to Adelaide.
"While it's referred to as Scouting, your duty will be to check on the state of towns and really anything else that stands out and essentially give a report on it at least once a week. The longer you're gone the larger the report His Highness will expect. Essentially go to the different towns, take note of what's happening there and inform His Highness."
Shay said this before motioning towards the two.
"Of course His Highness' gaze is cast over the entire land so he has a good idea of what's already going on…but he finds it important to have someone 'check things out' personally. That's what you're doing, so the people have a face, and know their leader cares essentially. You'll essentially be giving a report of what's already known, giving a different viewpoint in a sense. I'll provide you a badge to wear so the people know who you are."
Shay said this before lowering their hand back in front of them.
"With that said…you showed an interest in the landscapes and the beach if I remember. If you happen to visit the beach during your outing…that would be perfectly fine, so long as you return within the week. What you do in your 'travel time' is up to your discretion."
Shay said this before holding up a finger.
"Of course I will answer any further questions you have to the best of my ability, but that is really it…unless His Highness wants you to go to a temple, but aside from that it's now optional for you Lady Adelaide."

Adelaide cocked her head. "Interesting. And Core Retrieval?"

"Please," Jack scoffed, "Don't act like you haven't already accepted just to go to the beach."

A gust of wind slapped the back of his head. He flinched, rubbing the sore spot, and glared at his wife. She ignored him with a too-innocent expression.

Shay gave a small nod as they wouldn't mind being a scout as well, but duties needed to be done and they were the best person for the job. Shay realized as they were waiting that there were many things Imposter hadn't explained in full, or rather had left to them. They had a feeling why but put the matter aside to answer the question.

"Core Retrieval is your current duty, retrieving them from the Realms. It was the Echo's duty before you. It's the most important job, being that it supplies the war effort."
With a nod Shay stopped in front of a Passage with red water and motioned to it.
"Lady Jackie is in there awaiting you Sir Jack. The Passage has been refined to the Kitchen so it shouldn't go anywhere else. The other Lady Adelaide was with her earlier…I'm sure their conversation has concluded by now. Unless I got the time wrong…"
Shay looked over at Adelaide.
"I can take you to get your badge and give you the ability to enter and exit the castle on you own whenever you would like Lady Adelaide.

"Sounds delightful," Adelaide smiled.

Jack looked down the Passage dubiously. He looked back at Adelaide, forehead creased. She sidled up to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. "We made a promise."

"I know. But this is–"

"The promise stands."

Jack inhaled deeply. He closed his eyes and his body relaxed an inch. He opened them, and kissed her. "Alright. Have fun. Try not to upset Imposter too much."

Adelaide laughed, light and airy, but she didn't say anything. She waved a farewell and followed Shay down a pat. Jack watched them go. He went to scratch his head and felt something. He pulled a thin, leafy stem with tiny white berries. Mistletoe. He smirked. Putting it back, he sauntered down the Passage.

When Jack passed through the Passage just as Shay had said he ended up in the kitchen, and this time a knife wasn't thrown at him from the woman currently in the kitchen. Jackie was stirring a pot nearby, her attention focused on the boiling water as the other spymaster entered. The room itself smelled of flowers, though there wasn't a single one in sight and the nearby window creaked a little as the wind pushed on them. From the small smile on the woman's face, it wasn't hard to put together the current situation. Jackie's eyes glanced over at Jack and her eyelids lowered slightly as her smile shrunk a little.
"Right on time," Jackie's eyes moved to his hair for a moment before focusing back on her pot.
She pointed at what looked like green vegetables, something similar to lettuce nearby sitting on a cutting board with a knife set next to it.
"I'm making a snack for Cedric, his taste are slightly different from yours so I'll handle the seasoning, mind prepping the ingredients for the salad? You can clean your hands over there," she said before she stopped stirring.
Glancing sideways at him her smile grew slightly.
"You have questions right, ask them. I know you do, especially after just entering the Realm. Captain gave you all the thumbs up so I'm obliged to help where I can."
She went back to her pot giving a small shrug.
"Figured we should talk sooner than later, my memories are going to end up in that skull of yours soon, so one way or another you'll seek me out. Though at that point I'll avoid you for the fun of it."

"I am nothing if not punctual," Jack remarked lightly, overlaying his suspicion as his eyes cast about the kitchen. It was the same as before.

He paused before getting started at Jackie's request, not used to taking orders in his – a kitchen that looked like his. But his discomfort went away as he got to work. "Hm. Yes. We're both full of questions aren't we? First I'd like to know why you want to kill me. I feel like that'd put the rest of this conversation more at ease."

"I expected as such and I'm pleased to see it," Jackie responded.
She glanced sideways at him but left the matter at that returning to the task at hand.

"It probably wouldn't but sure," Jackie said pushing up her glasses slightly. "There are a variety of reasons but if you need the one for back then…I was dealing with a possibility."
She let that hang in the air for a moment as she dropped something into the pot, picking up a small square container she looked back over at him.
"I thought you were a very particular Jack. One whose throat I've had to slit before, a Jack who also lost a Cedric and I didn't feel like leaving things to chance that you might be a 'good' one. From your memories you seemed obsessed with bringing him back…and I didn't feel like dealing with another one…but that wasn't the case."
She opened the container and poured a bit of the contents into the pot before setting it back down and resuming her stirring.
"Your Cedric is here, it was then I realized I didn't see all your memories. Specifically…when and after you got Cedric back. Facade for some reason left that part out."
She clicked her tongue a bit at that wondering if the world had played a prank on her but moved on.
"Luro…my Luro told me your memories after you went into the temple, I learned the full story then. He can see all your memories after all."
She sighed at this and gave a small shrug.
"So I lost that reason, and so long as you don't go looking for Adelaide, I have no real excuse to kill you, so here we are. There you go one of them."

Jack glanced at Jackie when she mentioned her Luro seeing everyone's memories. He pressed his lips into a thin line, but didn't say anything.

"Fair enough. I see your concern. And your Cedric is here… tell me, is he why you made a deal with Imposter?'

"I'm sure you already know the answer to that question," Jackie said. "It's not hard to figure out if you know me...or us anyway."
She said this grabbing a nearby knife and a carrot, she calmly started cutting the vegetables into the pot her eyes narrowing slightly before she motioned towards him for the ingredients he was working on.

"You really want to just ask questions you'll see in my memories soon enough. Well...matters none to me. You got till the soup's done Jack."
She said this returning to her stirring, adjusting her glasses.
"Our differences are admittedly fascinating I won't deny that. Some are subtle, others...more obvious. I don't need my mask as much anyway."

"You might not need a 'mask'," Jack said as he finished up his chopping and dicing and cleaned off the knife, "But you are far from trusting."

He drove the knife point-first into the cutting board, then folding his hands across his chest. He glared at his other. "I hate that I don't like you. I thought I worked through some of that self-loathing–which you haven't either. Right? It's a staple of our character. And maybe I'm deflecting on you because I. Hate. Being. Here. So here's some honest truth in case you're not used to seeing it in yourself: I have no questions for you because no answers are going to help us. There's nothing to know to protect my crew, nothing to give us an advantage, nothing to get us out. You're nothing but a puppet with long strings. We're still trying to measure ours. And if you could have done anything useful by now, by the spirits I hope you would've done it. Bedamned the Imposter or even Runali. My crew is my chosen family–but they do not dictate what I can or cannot do."

"What a very me thing to say," she said her brows arching. "You are right though, I personally still don't trust you either."

Jackie glanced over at him after he stabbed the knife into the cutting board, she stopped her stirring but didn't turn to face him, but her gaze stayed on him, she listened silently only closing her eyes releasing the ladle. With a small sigh she turned fully towards Jack and walked over to him stopping in front of him, she opened her eyes as she grabbed hold of the front of his shirt. The gentleness of her eyes leaving as the coldness returned to them.
"Yeah I don't like you either so you're right there...and I certainty don't like someone telling me what I am...even if it's me. Had enough of that already."
She released him at that her eyebrows narrowing.
"Imposter said it himself. 'Play the game', you know you're a puppet, you know the puppet-master and you still have the gall to say that garbage. Is this me really that soft? It's a pain looking at you."

She took a step away from him clearly for herself since she was a twitch away from this no longer being a conversation at.
"Nothing can protect my crew, nothing can help us get out. You're playing right into his hands with your pathetic nihilism, Facade is illogical sure but it has rules all the same, and some of them don't shift around and I'm here trying to be 'useful' to this waste in front of me."
She ran a hand through her hair before shaking her head.
"You're right, you can do what you want to do. Wag your tail for your new master and do what you want then, don't make an attempt, at least I know where all my strings lead, I lose nothing watching you dance on yours yet here I am, even with all this hatred I have for you. Seeing a me like this...is irritating."

'You misunderstand me. Me and my crew will get out– one way or another. But you are not being helpful." His lips twitched, and he looked amused, almost understanding, despite the barbs thrown his way. "It's like pulling teeth getting anything out of you. Which, heh, well, maybe in your shoes I'd be the same way. But I've been in situations where my own…family, I guess…" he paused to grumble about Lazarus, the old Guildmaster who Jack simultaneously loved and wished to kill with his own two hands, "Have been withholding and stubborn and I'm done having it from people who are meant to be close to me."

Jack paused, letting that last statement sink as he gazed meaningfully at Jackie. "I can't imagine how many of us you met who ended up on the wrong side of life…" he trailed off, eyes narrowed as if something just occurred to him. He sighed, shook himself, and relaxed. "I just want to get my crew back to our world alive. I worry. I dislike having no agency. I'm sorry if I haven't shown I can be trusted… but you're no different. So, are we going to try this again, or should I just leave you to your business?"

Jackie watched Jack for a moment, her body still tense partially wanting to be done with all this, every bit of it felt like a waste but at the mention of Lazarus she reached up and squeezed the bridge of her nose. That seemed to calm her down and she lowered her hand. She took a breath for herself and released a sigh.
"...I did misunderstand. It wasn't right of me to put you in that box with the others…I acknowledge that. I got my crew hurt by being too helpful…I won't do that again, I'll try to lower my caution a bit, however."
She adjusted her outfit slightly and looked over at Jack.
"Jack. What I've sacrificed to get here when you see it…I believe you'll hate me. With everything you have maybe, I honestly don't know. Understand however that I do genuinely want to see you all escape from here and I mean that…so yes let's try this again. Until you see the choices I've made at least, after that…well we can define what 'this' is then."
She brushed her hand off before reaching it out towards Jack.
"I did this because of your Luro…I may have to thank him later."

Jack gave her a wry smile and took her hand. "I can empathize with that. Truce, then. Until we learn more from each other."

Last edited:

Imposter King Banner.png
1712634531812.png

"Will you release everyone?"
Within the main hall, under the illumination of the moon, Imposter met Luro's gaze as he spoke a sudden maddening proposal to him as if he was commenting on the weather.
Seated on his throne Luro had approached him as the night fell and everyone else had returned to their rooms for the night, almost as if he naturally knew he'd be there, or perhaps he had taken a guess, neither could know for sure.

Imposter's laughter echoed in the near-empty hall, if not for the rooms being in a separate area he may have awakened half the castle with his voice.
"Haha…oh that was good. You know I almost did release them just on the absurdity of it all but no they can stay."
Imposter wiped a fake tear from their eye before resting his cheek on his fist grinned at Luro.
"You asked because you're worried about them aren't you…all of this looks too familiar to you."
His eyelids lowered slightly as his fingers drummed upon his throne.

"Experiencing visions, seeing lives that aren't yours, yet experiencing all the emotions as if they were…it's exactly like what you've gone through. When Facade touched you…that feeling was familiar wasn't it?"
Luro didn't offer an immediate response to Imposter, he only watched the king's grin widen slightly.
"I don't know what you're talking about Imposter, I just came to ask if you'd let them go. Also they're far stronger than me anyway even if that was the case."
Imposter leaned forward rising from his throne, he descended the steps slowly…meticulously as he slowly closed the difference between them.
"Ah you're right they are stronger, far more than you…like us you wander with a fake name, though our reasons differ substantially. Tell me…Luro."
His foot hit the bottom of the steps and his body was enveloped by the shadows, where the moonlight was missing, as he stepped back into the light he spoke.
"Was it worth it? To become…this."
Luro's gaze fell on his sister, her voice filling his ears and his eyes twitched but the smile didn't leave his face as he stared at her visage.
"I don't get what you mean. You know I'm bad at guessing Imposter."
"Ah I guess you're right," Imposter spoke resting her hand on Luro's cheek. "Then let me help you understand."
Imposter's form shifted again but before it could complete Luro's hand grabbed hold of his wrist, Imposter's unfinished eyes moved over to Luro's hand and with a crooked smile he returned to his normal kingly appearance, as his hand was moved away.
"...that hit too close to home. I guess it's too soon to see 'her' face of all things."
Luro released Imposter and watched as the king's hand returned to his side.
"I'd appreciate it if you didn't become her."
"Very well we'll consider that in bad taste for now. Still there are so many things you won't abandon…though I wonder if you'd abandon 'Luro'…if you lost everything again what would you become then. Shall we put that to the test?"
Imposter's laughter filled the throne room again as he walked past Luro, stopping next to him as he rested a hand on his shoulder.
"I jest Luro, I don't have a jester so I have to take the role at times. Pay me no mind….but don't bring such foolishness to me again okay?"
Giving his shoulder a pat he walked past him, leaving Luro alone in the throne room.
A pair of yellow eyes watched Luro from the shadows before they closed and moved away from the area.

1712634565933.png
1712634549445.png

"Good morning Alicia, I just woke up…but I'm not sure how long Luro's been awake."
She turned to Luro who looked over at Alicia, he stared into her eyes for a moment in silence, his gaze seemed to clear, reflecting the swordswoman herself and he offered a small smile to her. With a blink, however, the 'look' was gone and he rubbed the back of his head.
"I just woke up too, I had a dream I was swimming in rum and fell off my bed...it might be good we weren't in the fancy rooms I might have drowned. What happens if you drown while immortal?"
Zilia's gaze moved to the others noticing everyone else was staring to realize the strange situation they were in and she was extremely ready to not answer that question.

"We're apparently in the other Sovereign's territory…" Zilia said to Runali before looking over at Jack. "Hangovers are your body's way of nagging at you, you'll have to deal with it until I can get some medicine…which well if I find some here I'll whip something up for you…since my bag is in the castle."
With everyone now gathered Zilia calmly cleaned her glasses as she tried to figure out how to observe the matter at hand, at least they were together so that was one thing. Her gaze went to the others interested in what they thought about all of this.

"Okay…so…" Zilia said once everyone had properly gathered. "We're in the other territory and as the Captain said…this is our day…could this be Imposter's doing? Luro what do you think?"
"Imposter kind of just does what he wants so it's possible…but it depends if he felt like it."
"Right so…maybe?"
"Yes."
"That doesn't help but it's Imposter so let's leave it at that."

Zilia wanted to speak further on the matter but stopped as a pair of footsteps approached them, she felt a pair of eyes focus on her and judging by Luro glancing in the direction of the visitor he also picked up the gaze that had focused on them. She felt her body tense slightly as she turned to see who it was, they were in a strange…or rather stranger land and as unnerving as Imposter's side was, at least they knew people on that side.
A woman approached the group, she had long hair and her eyes held a strange determination in them as she gazed at the group, both were the color of lavender. Her attire was similar to the people around them, though she wasn't wearing leather armor, but instead a brown and red tunic.
A single hitless blade sat at her waist, though the design itself was simple it was clear from a glance it was well taken care of and had seen much use.
"...you must be the new recruits," the woman said. "My name is Avnia, I head this regiment."

She motioned to the group around them with her head.
"That's a simple way of saying I'm in charge of you, a meeting will be called soon so you'll need to head for the meeting place soon. Feel free to grab a snack or wander around, once you hear the whistle, however, please head towards the center."
Avnia pointed down the hill to a large circle, fenced off by a low white fence and filled with sand, there were a few people wrestling in it, showing it was a mini-arena.
The woman's eyes went to Alicia's and Hanako's swords and her hand went to her chin, before she gave a small nod at the two of them.
"Feian Blades. Well-kept as well, it's good to have some on our side. Glad to have you."
The woman gave the group a small wave and walked away clearly in a rush to inform the other soldiers.

Jackie (Echo Banner).png

"Took you guys long enough."
A familiar woman pushed the glasses up on her face once she had approached the group, Zilia ended up adjusting her own glasses noticing that Jackie was standing right in front of them.
"...Jackie?"
"That's me. Good to see you all made it in one piece. It's especially good to see you Cedric. I hope you slept well."
Zilia wanted to comment on what she exactly meant by 'one piece' but put the matter aside for an equally important question.
"What are you doing here?"
Jackie looked at everyone as a whole before making a motion towards all of them with her hand.
"Question? What is Jack's job title."
Luro raised his hand and Jackie pointed at him.
"Elder Brother."
"Adorable but no. Spymaster. I'm doing that."
"...is it okay to just say that out loud," Zilia said looking around them.
"Why wouldn't it be? That's my job here and explaining that to the new recruits isn't surprising. You're welcome by the way. Me and another Echo had to pull some strings to make sure you weren't erased on crossing the border. The Sovereign recognizes you as one of theirs."
"So you're the reason we're not ash then…thank you," Zilia said with a small nod."
"Captain's orders, something along the lines of…'I can't go letting Stardusk get erased, whether they're mine or not', something like that."
"Well that was nice of her," Luro said grinning. "So how'd we get here?"
"The Captain."
Zilia's eyes twitched at this and Jackie continued.
"I believe she said. 'I also can't just not have some fun with them either, Tashi you understand right? What they'll get upset? Why would they get upset at their Captain, they know me by now.' something along those lines."
Zilia looked over at Runali at this but returned her attention to Jackie as she motioned backward with her head.
"Come with me, I'll give you a short tour. Remember that you're new recruits, that's your story. Also you hate Imposter."
"Well that part's easy," Zilia said.
"Figured as much, come on," Jackie said before turning and walking away. "Also don't worry. Captain just wanted to give you the opportunity to meet the other Sovereign and well…you will."

She led the crew through the area, which walking around it was clear to see it was a military camp and from its position it was on the front lines. Jackie pointed in the distance from the top of the hill, revealing multiple tents in the far distance scattered here and there showing there were multiples of these camps. She explained this was the second largest one, the main camp which lay far in the distance was a bit bigger, but that was for protecting the non-combatants in town. This camp was the front-line camp made to protect the borders of Lazuln.
"What is Lazuln?"
Luro spoke up in the middle of Jackie's explanation causing her to pause and stare at the group.
"...you don't know what Lazuln is? Zilia do you know…does anyone know?"
She looked at the group as a whole but Zilia shook her head to show she had no idea.
"...did you really not talk to Shay? Didn't Imposter say at least five times to do that?"
"Well to be fair we did wake up on the other side of the continent," Zilia said adjusting her glasses. "So an attempt would be difficult. Also Imposter said to do it so...it felt like doing the opposite was smarter."
"Hm…I guess I can give you that. Fine, I'll fill in then." Jackie said crossing her arms under her chest. "Lazuln is this side of the continent. Imposter's side is Arvahalia or Arva for short, those are the names of the territory each Sovereign controls…you really should speak to Shay. They're a walking dictionary. Aside from Imposter and maybe the other Sovereign, they're the oldest being here."
"...Shay is?" Luro said as Jackie continued walking.
"At the very least Shay was here when we woke up here," Jackie said as they continued on their way. "They also said they've served Imposter for over a century so I'm pretty sure about that."

She stopped outside of a large brown tent, a few soldiers were walking out holding plates of food with smiles on their faces. Luro smelled the passing meals and put his hand over his stomach as it growled slightly.
"It smells good…"
"The town is a little bit away so it's hard to go get normal food once you're on the frontlines, so the Sovereign made sure we had a good cook to keep morale up around here. I help out here and there but I'm not always here. Anyway, you must meet the cook. You all…especially should meet her."
Jackie opened the tent and motioned inside for the group, inside were a few wooden tables, red cloth thrown over them, and simple chairs. It wasn't fancy but it beat eating in the grass and the soldiers seemed content, at least the few that chose to eat inside.
A few feet away someone was stirring a pot humming to themselves, smoke filled the area around them making it hard to see so Jackie led the crew over. Waving away the smoke she approached the cook who turned to look at them.
The moment they got close Zilia's eyes widened a bit as a purple gaze met them.
Before familiar tufts of green hair bounced slightly as they turned fully to meet them.

"....Shay?"
The servant of the castle stood in front of Stardusk, though they seemed…different. Instead of their flowy somewhat ephemeral garment, she was dressed in a maid outfit and her eyes were filled with curiosity and an almost childlike light. Her eyes were also different colors which stood out the most once Zilia actually looked.
"Hey it's Shay!"
"...do I know you? Also it's Shey."
"That's what I said Shay."
"No no it's Shey. Sh-ey."
"Yeah Sh-ay."
"No that's not-"
"Okay I'm going to stop you right there. We're not going through this twice," Zilia said stepping in. "Jackie explain please."
"What's there to explain? This is Shey. She is the servant who helps out around here."
"Pleased to meet you, people who apparently know me," Shey said offering a small courtesy. "I'm the best maid around. So let me know if you need anything."
The voice of…Shey was similar to the one they knew but slightly different, a bit higher and its cadence was a bit faster, more energetic. The way the maid carried herself was clearly with some decorum but from the smile on her face it was clear it was not done out of absolute formality.
"Shey would you be so kind as to meet us outside the Red Tent once you're done here. I have other matters to attend to so I'll ask you to show them around the rest of the area. They're the new recruits.
"Really?!" Shey's eyes lit up as she turned to look at the group again. "Wow…they look really strong. Especially that one."
Shey motioned to Hanako.
"She looks like she could kill half the enemy army with her pinkie."
"You have a good eye," Luro said nodding. "Hanako will use her 'Slash of a Thousand Murderers' to take down the enemy."
"Whoa…that's such a terrifying move name!"
"Right. It has quite the story too."
"I'd love to hear it sometime!"
"I'll tell you later. That and the 'Butchery of the Seventh Night' too,"
Zilia noticed that this Shey was very…excitable and also felt bad for Hanako as the other people in the tent were also now curious of this strange move and staring at her. She decided not to mention that she had actually heard about the 'Buthchery of the Seventh Night' in their world as well...which meant Luro had told this story before somewhere.
"That's for later, I still need to take them to one more place," Jackie said. "Come on last place."

Jackie brought the crew a bit away from the main part of the camp to a simple red tent a little bit away, she gave a small nod to the guards outside the tent who returned the nod before she walked over and motioned towards it.
"The Sovereign will call us soon so let's handle this quickly. There's a gift from our Luro for you in here, or rather one he prepared."
"From the other me…hmm I'm pretty good at giving gifts so it has to be pretty great," Luro said.
Jackie smiled and opened the tent for the crew to enter, once they were all inside only one thing was waiting in the room for them. A woman with short black hair cut into a medium-length bob stared at them, or more specifically her green eyes were glaring at them. Probably because her hands were tied behind her back and her mouth was gagged with a piece of cloth.
Jackie shut the tent from behind them as Zilia stared at the sight with a fair amount of questions, the young woman was dressed in a full brown cloak and it was clear she had been roughed up before being brought here as a prisoner.
"She really fought back against him apparently, he didn't hurt her too bad though," Jackie said. "He could have killed her but decided against it for you guys."
"Jackie…what exactly is this?" Zilia said looking back at her.
"Luro…our Luro wants you to make a decision. It's actually very simple."
Jackie motioned towards the woman with her knife.
"Kill or don't kill."
Zilia's eyes twitched and Luro's hands moved into his sleeves.
"That woman let's call her…Abby is going to cause you all trouble in the future. She may even get you killed…maybe. So you have to choose whether to spare her and let her go allowing that to happen…or kill her and prevent it. That's his 'gift'."
"...that's a terrible gift," Luro said. "She doesn't even have any rum on her."
"I never said it was a good one," Jackie said. "Anyway he asked me to bring you to her and not tell you anything more than what's necessary. Also I'm to give Luro rum no matter the decision."
Zilia turned fully to Jackie who motioned to a bottle of rum sitting a few feet away.
"What…kind of sick game is this Jackie," Zilia said as her hands clenched at her sides.
"I assure you I had nothing to do with this. I'm just the messenger, this was all Luro. I mean I am 'involved' by bringing you here but it's hard for me to say no when he calls me 'Big Sis' you know, so here I am."
Jackie flexed her hand causing the knife to vanish and Zilia glanced back at Abby.
"Will she really bring us trouble later," Luro said tilting his head at the spymaster.
"Yep she will without a doubt. She might get you killed too but it's not a guarantee…her living will without absolutely create a problem for you in the future. With that said…both answers will offer you a benefit but I can't tell you what it is."
"Got it," Luro said before grabbing his rifle.
"Hey hey whoa! Wait a moment!" Zilia said holding her hands up. "Luro what're you doing?"
"Hm? She's gonna get us killed imma shoot her."
"There's only a chance she will. I'd rather not kill someone because they may cause trouble for us later. It'd be the same as shooting someone who might report us to the navy…so half the populace."
"...I mean I get it but if someone said they were gonna shoot me later I'd rather just shoot them now…but okay Z," Luro said putting his rifle away.
"So one for kill and one for not kill, that's what I'm getting here," Jackie said. "What about the rest of you? I mean you don't have to answer if you don't want to, I understand this is out there. In that case I'll just flip a coin for the ones that abstain. Luro's suggestion. Also if there's a 'tie' I'm to do that. The Echo's are not to be involved directly in the vote at all."
"So a choice is made anyway," Zilia said as Jackie held up a coin.
"Yep she will live or die, that's the only choice here. Oh and if you try to save her before the voting ends he told me to kill her anyway, which I will do so let's not do that well unless you want her to die."
Jackie leaned against a nearby pole and fiddled with one of her knives.
'Abby' struggled in her constraints slightly but it was clear she wasn't going anywhere.
"The other Luro is kinda mean," Luro said putting his hands on his hips.
"Eh he's actually not that bad. He does have his moments of sadism though, cost of accepting Imposter's deal. Anyway make your choice I'll accept either one no matter what."
"I dislike this Jackie," Zilia said narrowing her eyes at the woman.
"I'm aware and he is too but he has his reasons. Luro is…still Luro so there's one thing you can be sure of when it comes to him. I shouldn't need to say it out loud since it involves all of you."
Zilia's mouth twitched a bit at that comment, something that was factual about Luro when it came to Stardusk, she had a feeling she knew the answer as she looked back at the tied up woman.

Chapter 2 Cover.jpg
Avnia Banner (Pre reveal).png
Shey Banner (Pre-Reveal).png

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt. Blu
Runali.jpg

Runali was a teetering balancing act of going with the flow and being on guard. It was a feat she could usually accomplish when she knew that she had at least a little bit of control over the chaos the Stardusk was swept into. This was a situation she couldn't find solid ground in. But instead of working herself into a constant worry, she followed along to those that had - well, she wouldn't call them answers, but they at least knew where to go without getting killed. She didn't have much interest in Avnia, mumbling about not wanting someone being 'in charge of her'. But she continued to play it safe and stayed as under the radar as she could. Of course, going through the camp, she couldn't help but snatch a portion of someone's breakfast as they walked past. They may not have seen it, but to her crew that looked at her, she offered a shrug and a, "Finders keepers."

The one thing that did catch her attention was the mini arena. In thought, Runali questioned, "If I best the strongest person here, you think they'd give me whatever Av's rank is?" Her brow furrowed a little more. "Eh, wait, that'd mean I'd have to give orders about war. I don't wanna do that… Again." Belfield came to memory and she remembered the headache that it caused. Sure she could pretend to be in a war, but leading one sounded exhausting. "Hmm… maybe I'll beat the second best the second strongest."

Whether she'd get the chance or not was left unanswered as an unfamiliar, familiar face came into view. "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" Runali gave a salute to the Echo of her chef and Spymaster, on;y to snicker at Nali's antics. When Zilia looked at her, she put her hands up in mock surrender. "Hey, it wasn't me that tossed us here. I'd at least tell you how I did it… Unless it was too complicated to explain… And it was short… Okay, okay maybe I see what you're getting at." Would she learn? Probably not. Especially not when Jackie herded them through the camp, giving out explanations she only half paid attention to. Most of her interest was in the camp itself. She counted tents and soldiers, eyed their weapons over to see if they were suitable for a fight or if any of them looked interesting. She imagined how a war between a bunch of soldiers and a creature that could kill someone with a snap of their fingers would last. It seemed like a losing battle, but she supposed for someone like Imposter, even pests could get annoying when they swarmed.

Realizing she had fallen behind a bit, Runali hurried her way back to the group just in time to hear Shey talking about how strong Hanako was. Obviously missing the confusion, she happily patted Hanako's shoulder and agreed with Luro. "Oh yeah, she could rival any swordsman. Best not to make her upset. This blade is always looking for blood." Runali continued to laugh as they left from that tent to go to the next. "Didn't know Shay would be here too. Guess that makes our camping trip a little nicer."

The hustle and bustle of the main camp grew quiet as they made it to their last destination, and the easiness of it all began to fill a little heavy and foreboding. "A gift from you? Yes, great gifts." Runali flexed her hands, imagining the flames that came from the gloves. "A gift from a Luro I don't know?" Upon seeing the woman tied up in the tent, her brow furrowed. "Safe to say, you give better gifts Luro… The other one is really putting us in a bind here, huh?" Like the hawk that usually hovered around her, she stared intently at 'Abby' as everyone made their decisions. She didn't weigh in, not wanting to sway them from making their own choices, but when there was a moment the group focused on Jackie, she decided to walk over and squat right in front of the woman. "Hm." Flipping her eye patch up so that 'Abby' was staring into both of her eyes, Runali continued examining her over, even going as far as reaching and tilting her face left and right. "To kill or not to kill... That is the pirate dilemma. And I bet you don't want to die, huh?"
Runali wasn't expecting an answer, nor did she wait for one. "I wonder what it's worth for you to cause us trouble. Many have. Doesn't really end up good for anyone. But I s'pose you don't know of our many… fun adventures. Or maybe you do and that's why you hate us. Or did the other Luro do something to make you angry and now you're enacting revenge? That's happened a few times for us too. Always a mess. Always a fight. Or was it Jackie's fault? Heh, if she's anything like our spymaster, she's definitely made a few enemies that have taken it out on her crew." As if it were a friendly conversation, she pretended to whisper. "The doctor too, but she's way too proud to admit it." Runali rubbed her chin, flipping her eyepatch down as if finalizing her decision.

"Eh," Runali glanced back at her crew. "There's no reason to kill her right now."

"If we gotta kill her, I want her to at least have a fighting chance. No fair to just kill her now based on rumor. That's no fun. Where's the honor? The story! The excitement!" Runali smiled at Luro, innocent as ever. "But of course that means when she does cause trouble, and possibly tries to get us killed," She gave Abby's heart a light thump. "One shot's all it'll take, right?"

Runali stood, wandering back to her crew with a shrug. "I say we don't. But if the vote's for death, then so be it."

Reactions: Mizos
Hana No Flowers.png
Hanako woke up with a start. She didn't recall falling asleep, but here she was on a serviceable bedroll, tucked in. Rushing over to the small basin with a crusting mirror, the girl gasped at her appearance, noting the strange smell rising from her breath. She gasped. When did she … Her mind blank and her tiredness made more sense all of a sudden. Alcohol, even though she didn't remember taking a sip. Remaining alert, the girl freshened up as fast as she could and peered outside the tent. Thankful for the odd dress she found in the trunk. It fitted her perfectly as did the pair of shoes. Her usual ones … she hoped she didn't leave them around like Cinderella's slippers in town.

She slipped in beside Zilia. Her two braids sitting over her shoulders, giving her a more childlike air, that didn't go unnoticed by "Shey". Hana found herself inevitably roped into a charade she didn't like. She squirmed then jumped when a hand whomped her shoulder. Grasping it, she relaxed, realising it was not Jackie-tai'n. She squeezed Ru's hand as they walked away and moved it into a semblance of a hug. "Ne fu'tai (capitaine), was it necessary to talk about killing people? I … I don't like lying." She hastily covered up her true worry. Bloodshed was a sensitive topic, and one she hoped never to discuss with anyone other than Amaiya and Emil. She didn't know how she managed to stand firm yesterday, the more she thought about it. Just seeing her own blood on the floor was enough to make her stomach clench.

Her read of the situation made her finger the hilt of her blade. Hanako allowed her eyes to follow Runali's figure into the tent, but she opted to linger until her sister was about to step in. She grasped Alicia's hand and entered hand in hand with her amue, praying for more courage to flow into her. She looked away, unable to see Abbey in such a position; hating what was asked of them. She gazed warily at Jackie. "Nan' anjeohal geos-ida. Yagsoghaeyo (I'll be safe. I promise)," she murmured after feeling the slightest tensing in Alicia's as theirs parted. Her gaze lingered on amue's face as Hana walked towards Abbey.

The smell of sweet, spring flowers replaced Cedric's cologne. Hanako was second to kneel before the woman, and showed open palms to prove her good intentions, slowly she smiled. "Tai'n, are you hurt in any way? Thirsty?" Her concern eclipsed her sense of preservation slightly. It hurt too much to see someone, potentially an innocent, treated like this. "I can offer you a drink from my own flask. See," Hanako demonstrated taking a sip from it before holding the skin out to the woman.

Her actions flowed from Abbey's response. She remained there by the woman's side, moving that blade further away, hoping it would make the woman feel safer. Catching her sister's eye, she scooted to a safer distance between her and this strange tai'n. She tried to keep smiling. "I trust my crew to do what's right. Our capitaine, and my amue, her first mate, will never lead us astray. Threatening," her eyes turned into Alicia's disdain as she turned towards the conversing brothers. "And killing someone without consideration is dishonourable. It creates more anger and hate in this world. Tai'n, I don't know why you hate us or why you're angry, but I thank you for the chance to let us prove ourselves to you."

She felt it was unnecessary to ask Abbey for her story after Runali-fu'tai and Jack-tai'cho did so earlier. Speaking of Jack, she met eyes with Jackie's. "I won't kill her, or let hyeo or fuku do so." She crossed her arms as she pouted at Luro. She hoped he would be the more reasonable of the two men. Hyeo came across as volatile and moody, more so today than he usually was. She wondered, secretly, how such a man ever became her sister's apprentice, and it was sometimes harder to remember he was four years her senior. Emil was much more mature in many ways, and she truly appreciated him for that.

1713300920386.png
1713300936262.png

The first Night in Facade

A knock came at the door Runali and Zilia were staying in, the doctor rolled over mumbling in her sleep, something about Luro and not blowing up the lower decks again.
The knock that came at the door was very reminiscent of a very particular person, who was bad at knocking and bad at respecting space. The knocks didn't stop which only caused the doctor to toss and turn further, judging by her growing agitation as if she could sense the person nearby, it was easy to tell who was on the other side of the door.
It was clearly Luro.

Had Runali been on the ship, she would've grumbled and complained much like Zilia was doing off to the side, but they weren't on the ship and Facade was still foreign territory. While she didn't immediately think there was danger, she figured there would be if both Zilia and Coral were disturbed in their sleep. So, she quietly tumbled out of her hammock with the blurred vision of someone trying to decipher between the waking and dreaming world. "Hold on, hold on," Runali yawned as she pulled the door open. "If it's a fire, blame it on Sh- Oh, hi Luro." She looked up at him and then down the hall to see if anyone else was there. "...Are you okay?"

Luro offered a grin to Runali when she opened the door, he tilted his head as she asked about him and he offered a thumbs up to her before pointing inside the room and entering.
He looked over at the slumbering Zilia who seemed to calm down but her furrowed brow seemed to reveal she was 'aware' Luro was nearby.
"I'm okay Captain. I came to do stuff," Luro said grinning. "I remembered something so I came to 'be naughty' like Z says, it's gonna be great. Z would get mad if I asked so it'll just be us."
Luro pointed towards the bed in the corner of the room grabbing Runali's hand.
"Over there, oh and don't worry I'll tell Z later that we did stuff so she doesn't get mad…or is less mad."

"Well, depending on the stuff you tell her, I think she's gonna get mad either way. Or do that loud sigh where she rubs her temples." Runali let Luro pull her back inside, more curious than ever. "But," She quieted down even more when she looked over at the doctor and bird sleeping more 'peacefully'. "What stuff?"

When Luro approached the bed a bright smile on his face it sunk into the ground at his approach before the wall opened up behind it revealing a vast open sea under a blue morning sky, the light however didn't spill fully into the room which kept the slumbering doctor at bay. Luro pointed ahead before taking a step forward, his boot landing on the top of the water as he walked atop the eaves heading in a random direction in the distance.
"Come on Captain!"

She followed him up to the edge of the wall, her eyes widening when they were staring at the sea. "I feel underdressed for the occasion." And then she squinted and carefully took a step to stand on the water. "You never manage to run out of surprises, Luro." She was still testing the water with one foot. "Hm, could be a dream though… You've snuck into those plenty." She took another step so she was fully on the water and looked up. "Then again, I never have to worry about waking Z up in my dreams. And Facade's weird…" She shook her head and hurried to catch up with Luro. "I'm moving, I'm moving! What's the stuff? What'd you remember?"

"Her glasses make a funny noise when she does the sigh," Luro said as a small laugh escaped from him. "Oh you too Captain? You're great in real life and my dreams so it's hard to tell the difference sometimes."
Luro turned to Runali as she ran to catch up, with a toothy grin on his face he raised both his arms, as he did something raised from the water under their feet until the two were standing on a wooden deck, a ship rising out of the water at Luro's command apparently.
The sails still dripping with water caught the wind and the ship started to move as the breeze picked up slightly, the wheel on the ship moving of its own accord.
Luro turned and placed his hand on the mast, the ship that had risen out of the water was the Coral Pearl, just before her end.
"I love Lady Luck but I do miss the Coral sometimes."
Luro had memorized every aspect of the old ship, down to the wood grains in the corner. He knew it better than the back of his hand, every mark from battle, every indent and even the squeaky parts of the wood, so recreating it was simple for the redhead.

"What I remembered…Facade isn't exactly like the place Imposter pulled me into…but it's familiar. Guess that's why it's easy for me to do stuff like this."
Luro pat the mast of the ship as an example.
"Emil's also really smart so he understood it too when I explained it."
The world around them was more than ocean, small islands and towns had risen out of the water, previous places they'd been rising alongside them as the ship continued forward. Utsukushi, Jaipur, Tilea, Yakone, Nyiri, Yula Fei, Belfield, each place they visited passed by.
"I feel like I've been here before…but it's also foreign," Luro said before rubbing the back of his neck. "For the stuff….hm."
Luro walked forward a bit until he was in front of Runali.
"There's so much we gotta do Captain."
Luro grinned looking over at the places passing them by bit by bit.
"There are so many places I wanna see…so much stuff I wanna do, stuff I don't even know yet."
Luro looked back at Runali.
"The old man told me I should have you meet Mother. It's probably time I took you at this point."
Luro let out a somewhat sheepish grin at this before turning back towards the horizon.
In the distance a landmass rose out of the waters, it was too far to see but unlike the other places there was a black fog that seemed to surround it, obscuring it from view.
"When we get outta here Captain…I promise to take you to see Mother."

When cold water turned into wood, Runali froze in place looking around in curiosity. When she realized that it was a ship, and a familiar one at that, curiosity turned into surprise. She walked around the main deck, from one side to the other to see as much of it as she could. Seeing Luro at the mast, she went over to it and placed a hand somewhere waist level and began to walk around it, ducking under Luro when she passed him, only to find a particular battle scar on the second pass. "Aha!" She couldn't remember what caused the mark, but vividly in her memory, and now in front of her, she traced what she was confident looked like a smiley face. It made her laugh a little as she reminisced about the past, and then made her sigh. "...Yeah, I miss her too." A little more solemnly she added, "Coral was great."

As Luro continued, she stood by his side and looked out at the ocean with him. She perked up a little seeing friendlier places like Jaipur and Yula Fei. Some of them made her whistle low as her memory of them jogged and reminded her of all the adventures they had been on, the places they had been, and the people they met along the way. Part of her always wondered how they were doing and then she realized, the Stardusk were a part of the Worst Gen now. It was nothing to just go back and visit again. There were a few islands that made her nose scrunch. Seeing Kane'Artem made her absentmindedly rub her wrist. At another, she felt the chill of familiarity before she recognized the cold island. When winter winds blew from [Yakone?], she moved closer to Luro and his natural warmth. "Remind me to push Will off his ship when we see him again…" Her sour face melted away when Luro walked ahead. She leaned against the mast, watching him in this moment of calm and clarity. He grinned at her and it was contagious. "Of course, Luro. We'll see all of it when we get outta here. We've got our whole lives ahead of us, y'know? It's funny though," She walked past to lean on the edge of the ship to get a good look at the fog. "When we first met, you were all by yourself, being a scary story people told their families. And now? I've met your family and you've gotten even more now with," She gestured to herself and laughed. "The crew, of course. And now you're telling me you have a mom I can visit?? Can I at least know what she's like? You know, maybe be prepared… so I can make a good impression…"

"It's the best Captain," Luro said turning back to look at her. "Everything is great. Having more family makes every day the best….and don't worry I'll push Rin off too after you push Will."
At the mention of what his mother was like Luro brought a hand to his chin not sure how to really explain her, his gaze raised back to Runali at the idea of an impression and a laugh escaped from him.
"You're fine Captain. Mother woulda loved ya," Luro said grinning. "She loved people who got in trouble, said they were more honest when you really spoke to them. Old man said she'd love ya too so you know it's true."
His grin lowered into a small smile as he considered his next words, his head leaning to the side slightly.
"Auntie Liria really said it best when it came to Mother. A kind and gentle woman with a quiet strength…at least that's the Mother I knew. I take more after her than the old man too, except the height. Her smile though, that I'll always remember. It was so warm…and it always made me smile. Every burden in the world…felt a little lighter when she smiled."
The smile on Luro's face shifted a bit as his eyes narrowed slightly, for a moment a very brief one as he stared at the palm of his hand, he seemed like a different person. A moment barely worth a blink and he was back to usual, his smile and expression full of it's usual joy.

"Still that town really doesn't like me," Luro said glancing back at the distant town. "Commit a few atrocities as a child and suddenly you're a bad guy all of a sudden."
Luro rubbed the back of his head with a small sigh though he smiled a bit.
"...I mean only some of those stories are true…I think. Still that's where I found Remi…so I gotta make sure I give proper thanks when I go back…maybe I'll blow up part of the town."

"Well… she sounds like a great mom." Runali leaned her cheek against her hand. "I may not have met her but… you two certainly sound similar. You're as bright as the sun itself sometimes. And, well, it's always nice to see you smiling. Makes it feel like the impossible is possible." She gestured to the sea and the looming place farther ahead. "And then we get put in places like this! Where everything feels like it'll go wrong or something bad is inevitable. I can at the very least count on you to… be that… uh, light in the dark." Runali looked away, flustered by her own words and idly waved it away.

"-ahem- Anyway, yeah we have to stop back there. As Remi's new parent, I have to know everything about her, including where she came from. Then, we can take her to see the world with us… I'm not sure if blowing up part of the town is a great idea if you want them to like you, but we can figure out all those details when we get there. Just have to deal with Imposter first. And once we get back to the ship it's smooth sailing."

Luro eyes widened a little at Runali and his body tensed a bit before his lips curved upwards as he beamed a bit at her words. He moved his hands to his hips when she waved it all away but he gave a small nod at her at possibly not blowing up the town, though he did glance back at it for a moment.
"Yep Imposter first. I won't let him take anything else from me, especially not anyone here." Luro said slamming his hand into his fists. "You gotta become Pirate Lord, then we gotta have the best wedding ever. I still gotta make Jack's restaurant ship, and get Hanako in her first tavern fight too. There's so much we still gotta do."
Luro looked up at the ship and the wheel started turning causing the vessel to turn and sail back towards the room, which was still in the distance, a giant hole on the horizon.

Luro walked over to Runali and grinned at her before looking back at their destination.
"...I still feel I'm a long way from hers…but you gave me this smile Captain. So if it helps you in any way that makes me really happy."
He looked over at Runali a toothy grin adorning his face.
"Thanks for being one of the reasons I smile Captain, and the best one."
Luro pointed forward towards the opening and more sails dropped before picking up the wind, however they immediately crashed into an island and Luro stumbled forward a bit. He looked over the edge to see the ship stranded on some random deserted island, halfways on the beach.
"Really? Even in a dream world place….why don't you take us back Captain. I'll just get us stranded."
Luro waved his hand and the island sunk down back into the water, putting the ship back on the sea, Luro didn't try to move the ship again though.
"The helm is yours as always!"

Collab bet'w Fox & Silent

1713309709658.png
1713309647099.png

Upon meeting Jackie again, Jack seemed more relaxed in her presence than before…that is, until she gave them her "gift".

The other Luro's, to be specific, but Jackie seemed unperturbed by following along. It left a sour taste in Jack's mouth. Did you even argue against him or accept blindly? he wondered, reading her nonchalance, masking a readiness to strike, and her offer of cold-blooded murder.

Jack rolled a cigarillo and thought in silence as Luro, Zilia, Jackie, and Runali said their pieces. In the first lull of silence, he twitched toward this 'Abbey'--then paused. He looked at Jackie. "May I?"

She gave her nonverbal consent. Jack approached Abbey and removed her gag. The bound woman's first words were not to him, but Luro: ""Did you come back to laugh at me? You don't look as monstrous now though… I'll make you pay for this."

Jack exhaled smoke into her face to get her attention. "Pay for what?"

"...are you an idiot? Your companion attacked me out of nowhere and tied me up! The hell did I do to you lot."

"Absolutely nothing because we weren't the ones who actually attacked you. I really only have one question for you anyways: Why shouldn't we kill you, as the Spymaster suggests?" He gestured to Jackie.

"...I haven't done anything to you. I got no idea what she's on about but I was just doing my job. Which before you ask if none of your business. I'd rather not have my throat slit though for you know...trying to survive."

"I see…" Jack puffed out more smoke. "Well, for the record we didn't attack you though who look like us might. Look at me and that one," he jerked his thumb at Jackie. "We could be twins right? You could that my compatriot here, Luro, also has a twin and he's the one you should really have beef with."

Jack decidedly didn't mention the complications. Such as, how would 'Abbey' identify the Luro who had attacked her. He doubted any version of Luro clearly remembering the last person they attacked.

He stood up, looking briefly at Cedric, then at Runali. "We're aligned, Capitaine. I follow your lead."

Flames flashed in the palm of Cedric's hand. A silvery substance stretched and curved into gleaming stiletto. The summoner twirled the conjured knife by the serrated edge, deftly avoiding nicking his fingers, as he had infused poison into the metal, a trick he never forgot from Madame. His eyes, seemingly hidden under disheveled fringe, was Chester's after one night of lost sleep. Sid was, kindly put, a mess, for the first time in the crew's living memory. His shirt artfully unbuttoned to the minimum and catching the wind, and his pants recycled from the night before. And his breath, hidden under gargled cologne, something better associated with his brother than himself. He palmed the annoyance out of his eyes. "I'm tempted to kill her to save us the trouble in the future." He held out his palm to stop Jack from stealing his turn. "But pére (old man), and l'capitaine taught me about giving people chances."

He smiled as he kneeled down and stabbed the soil between the woman's knees. He cupped her chin and raised her eyes to meet his smiling face. "I trust you this much," he indicated by pressing his thumb and pointer finger together. "Breathe wrongly while we discuss and your name is forgotten history. I'm ready to kill her at your word, Capitaine, Amaiya," he bowed.

Rejoining his older brother, Sid conjured a handheld mirror to assess the wreckage of his face. Skin minorly dehydrated, eyes barely dry, he noted, but hair awful. He groaned. "I look a mess," he grumbled in Trovalian. "My head's l'mort by a hundred bees. Constant buzzing, ringing, and my skin burns." He removed a single glove to show the sparks pulsing from his skin. "A part of me remembered roaring flames somewhere in the middle. Banging and an explosion. Not much else except the smell of burning lilies … oh! And, a bottle hidden in your bed." His eyes narrowed. "A present from my other self seems like. Luro drank from it … yeah." He shrugged. The bound woman and the change in surrounds were a side note to his current problems. Namely, someone tried to poison his biggest brother.

He tapped Jack's shoulder blade. Tap, pause, tap-tap, a longer pause. "Vol' ombre plus un grande probléme," he conveyed. Showing his suspicion of the Other Spymaster, which he dubbed a "grand problem". More tapping followed. "Était-ce moi ou lui ?" (was it me or him) His second concern finally telegraphed. It disturbed him greatly that his Echo considered killing an alternate version of his eldest sibling. "We don't need another problem."

Hanako's action creased his brow, and Sid crossed his arms. He wisely kept his face neutral knowing that Amaiya was nearby. He knew better than to interfere between another sibling pair, a hard lesson he learned when he got between a brawling Cassidy and Jack when they were kids. "Madame Espion, parlez-nous (Madame Spymistress, what's the story)?" He called to his brother's doppelganger.

If Jackie was anything like his brother, she'd understand that he wished to know more about this woman's background, and why Other Luro felt it was necessary to off Abbey. And, he wished to do this more politely. Forcefully peering into the woman's heart and mind would not win them any points. He rolled his head to the side instead of sighing. It vexed him having to think "morally" the way Jack and capitaine would approve. Life was much simpler under Madame Charlotte. He killed who she wanted and the why was secondary, although the Du Vontiago often challenged him to come to his own conclusions about each mark.

Jack gazed down his cigarillo at Cedric (a feat, given his younger brother was in fact, taller) and arched an eyebrow. "Sounds like you had a fun night," He lowered his voice, wanting the conversation to stay between them, "I'd hope your counterpart would know better than to try to poison us…especially via a mysterious bottle left under the bed."

"He's an idiot," Sid slipped in. The passion was real. He hated how his Echo refused to meet with him; it made him want to strangle Other Sid when they finally meet. Hanako would, of course, insist he was being childish again.

Jack paused before adding, "Do you know what happened the last time I tried to preemptively kill someone in the hopes they wouldn't kill us later? Humiliation and a headache." Jack referred to the Devil's Fruit Island. The woman with the power to avoid getting hurt.

He turned more somber. "And you know what I've done in Trovale. In an effort to 'protect' us." Jack would do anything to protect Sid–and he has. "It never solved anything for us, did it? Just made things worse. You should learn from my mistakes."

"Would it even be a concern if she was alone in this world? She looks no different than a spy behind enemy lines." Sid raised an eyebrow. "Getting rid of bodies was never a problem."

The younger knocked his head gently against Jack's at the mention of Trovale. Those days would always cast the longest shadows, and they discussed it at length. Adenin being the ghost he had to bury soon after he returned. His fear of the man rooted in a murky, and very traumatic, past. Anger flitted momentarily in his eyes at the mention of mistakes. His were the opposite - hesitating to kill, which resulted in more bodily injuries to him and lingering mental scabs that Zilia had to pick at with each session. He bit his lower lip.

"Sell your point, fére. My experience has been the opposite and seeing your view is hard as it is painful. There was Adenin, Pernet …. and Jean," he counted. He sensed the same darkness now rising from his brother with each name drop. "You know why I can't let go. I don't want to let myself or this .. crew get hurt. You least of all."

"Neither do I, and I have no right to preach." Discomfort rippled across his shoulders. "Pernet was out of self-defense. He attacked you; I protected." He had no regrets over that man. "But others, I tried using violence to stop their violence, and it only made things worse."

Jack twisted his cigarillo, picking his next words carefully. "You can never see all the consequences. But killing is easy. Mercy isn't. I try to remember that in moments like this."

"I worry about us getting soft. Fére, maybe." he fished out a coin and tossed it into the air. "I'll make a bet with you. If I don't have to taint my hands with her blood, I'll consider mercy next time. It's not a confident vote on my end, please remember that. This is the best I can do to work on trusting others," he sort of lied. Deep down he doubted he'd ever be able to trust someone from the start, no matter Jack's vibes.

But, he promised his brother and Zilia that he'd try. It was supposed to be part of his "healing", counseling sessions he had been resisting, but inadvertently couldn't avoid. Not with the entire crew, sans Hana and Emil, knowing about it. And, of course, Zilia "casually mentioning" the schedule to Jack and capitaine. He was, truly, a prisoner of their good intentions. Was "tough love" even a thing or were the three making it up as usual? He guessed he'd have to wait and see. Only Adelaide knew how he actually felt about having to gut himself repeatedly like this.

Jack tsked. "Trust is a strong word but I'm never one to turn down a bet. If you don't have to kill her yourself, I'll consider myself owed." He smirked, before adding:

"And Sid, please remember the entire army we slaughtered just yesterday. We're not getting soft. It's just–up until we landed in Facade–we chose when to fight. We had that power. I detest killing anyone just because someone told me to."

The Unexpected Adventures of 3 Siblings
(OR The story of how Luro influenced the younger pirates … )

1713333687155.png
1713333730524.png

Night Before

Hana's hair shimmered in the dim kitchen light, a glow enhanced by the steam from her drink. She sat there with hands clasped around the warm porcelain, confused, sighing and angsty, while struggling to make conversation. It was hard when one blonde crowded her mind, and she felt his absence even more keenly. She simply couldn't eat at dinner earlier. "How's the hot chocolate, Shay-ta? Jack-tai'cho swears the tiny bit of salt and cayenne pepper makes the biggest difference."

She couldn't help smiling after attempting to take another gulp. The liquid was silky against her tongue and tasted like the sweetest dream. Rich and bold in the most enduring way - she closed her eyes and blushed. She wondered, very inappropriately, what kissing Emil would taste like after finishing this mug. Would the salt and spice … sitting close enough for their knees to touch, Hana fanned herself vigorously as she turned tomato in the face.

"Ne Shay-tai, do you have friends you can't stop thinking about? Friends you'd like to hold hands with, and, yeah, think about kissing them. I - um, I think .. I worry I'm making too much out of our friendship. I don't know if he knows I like him." Her hands reunited with the mug. "I hoped to ask Tashi-amue about it."

Tashi was Amaiya in essence, Hana reasoned, so approaching the Echo would be like talking to her sister and getting advice without affecting the Amaiya's impression of Emil. She really wanted to trust Tashi; Hana gambled angering Amaiya to prove this. More for her own sanity, honestly. She'd been too distracted ever since they arrived in this world. She squirmed. "I'd be happy to hear your thoughts too."

"It is quite delicious, Lady Jackie knows my preferences so she makes it a different way but I like this way as well.

Shay offered a small nod at this and though they didn't smile their relaxed posture showed their comfort. The servant was admittedly still surprised at the situation, sharing a drink with a member of Stardusk was not something they expected today. They always tried to carry themselves with some manner of decorum, but they were presently on 'break' so they figured it wouldn't hurt to relax just a little bit.

When the question was posed to them Shay's brows lowered slightly, they seemed to understand what Hanako meant but they remained silent, their eyes moved to the liquid in their cup, fingers tapping against the mug. Taking another small sip Shay looked back up at Hanako at this before speaking again.

"Regretfully I possess no memories before my servitude to His Highness, if I had friends, including ones that I hold affection towards I do not remember them. I don't have anyone now like that either I'm afraid, there is no clear definition of what my current relationships are and I am a servant first and foremost."

Shay reached up and put a hand on their chest."However if you are fine with a response from someone like that…I am a servant so I must aid in any way I can…and if I may offer my view on the matter…I believe there are people in this world who make us see parts of ourselves we didn't know, who make us better by just being there…and I think those people are very important and should be cherished however way one chooses."

With their peace said Shay lowered their hand back to their mug and picking it up spoke again. "Lady Tashi…was speaking with Lady Hanako…ah the other Lady Hanako recently. She seemed to be giving advice then as well, I'm sure she wouldn't mind doing the same for you."

Hana's hand laid over Shay's. "I'll take your words," she said, gesturing to her heart. "And I'll keep them here, forever. Gomwa (thank you), Shay-tai. I pray that you'll find your special people again one day." She hugged them tightly. "I'm sorry you can't remember them."

She settled the way her sister would, turning her own mug between her hands, as she pondered her next question. "Do you know how I can find her? She's harder to find than Amaiya. Our hearts and minds are not connected no matter how I try." Hana pouted. "I wish Tashi-amue would trust me more."

1713333774176.png
1713333820801.png

The girl rose to refill her mug when the flames licked the edges of the door. It blasted towards her and she folded backwards to the ground, head grazing stone, and her eyes blinking as a sheet of wind hit her face. Brilliant splinters littered the floor and dissolved by the time she finished fixing her stray hair. Uproarious laughter filled the room, all Sid's, announcing his arrival. Half stumbling as he gripped Luro like a stooping crutch. There was nothing composed or cool about him – although, Hana blushed. She couldn't help noticing how low his unbuttoned shirt went. She could make the outlines of his chest. She turned away, shielding her face with her hands. Aniyo (no), she can't stare! He - he's an otokomen, she repeated as her imagination ran wild. She wilted and tried harder to erase the thought of Cedric and Emil standing shirtless on deck. Desperately she pictured Satia scolding her, and that was enough to bring back her inner calm. Rising, she peeked through cracks in her fingers and re-sealed them. Cedric likes men. I can't think of him that way … I can't! She insisted, ignoring the clues that hinted at the man's affection for her older sister. "Hyeo, I think you need to go to bed."

Cedric laughed and waved away her concern. "Non! Not yet," he hiccoughed. "I had but a mouthful. Luro and I found the bottle inside Jack's room. We," he slapped Luro between the shoulders and doubled over with laughter. "Jack's not going to like what we left in his bed."

His mind drifted free in this blissful haze. All his worries strangely trivia after he snatched the bottle from Luro and gulped down the amber liquid. Deep down, very deep down, he knew he was three glasses from blanking out. He sensed Jack wouldn't like that, but he forgot why. He usually remembered the reason. He shrugged before melting into Shay and blinked slowly into the servant's eyes. "You have nice cheekbones, yes? I imagine so much potential if I can dress you up … but, no. Luro and I planned too much today. We want to leave the castle, steal a few new friends and get them drunk and happy." Whirling at the back of his mind was the possibility that the bottle wasn't left by Jack. It was for Jack! Sid snuggled the servant, unwilling to let his hesitancy show.

Poison, he had ingested plenty while under Charlotte; suffered her damning spells, all in the guise of training, and yet he lived. Zilia would be the bigger problem if they foolishly drank poisoned wine. He laughed as his gloved fingers ran through Shay's hair slowly and seductively. He stooped close enough to memorize their scent. Yet a gap remained between them to avoid skin-to-skin contact. He pulled away before it annoyed the green-haired servant. These were merely gestures intended to hide his growing ire at Jackie, her Cedric, and the situation he found himself in. Hot, bothered, and slowly losing control. The hum of magic was painful in his ears, and his fingers warm. He brushed the signs aside. He wasn't going to be Jack and spoil this glorious night! Cedric never admitted how much he wanted to forget, but never could indulge like this with Jack constantly around. Stars, he missed Capitaine Hoshi! She taught him that pain could be eased with rum.

A relaxed smile rose up his cheeks that barely masked the impatience in his voice. "Shay, show us where to find other Hana or other me. I'm sure we can convince them to have a drink or two. Luro fére," he shouted. "Convince Shay for me. We need to get on with the plan. And, I need another drink." He peeled away from the servant and leaned into Luro's arms, dipping down like he would in a dance, and he gripped his brother's face. "It's you and me and Hana and … Shay tonight. Let Jack be boring and sad over his missing wife. We'll drag something back by morning."

Hana kicked the back of her shoe and wrung her hands. "Ne Luro-fuku, um, where are …. I mean, why? Why are you going with hyeo and Shay?" She waved her arms wildly. "I don't know if my amue and Jack-tai'cho would like this." She thought Cedric looked too far gone with his cheeks reddening more. He was visibly sweating too, and she sensed he was no longer steady on his feet. Imperfections, she knew, he wouldn't tolerate if he was himself. "Luro-fuku!"

Shay offered a small nod to Hanako and seemed a bit surprised by the hug, their body tensed a bit clearly not used to…well affection but they made no effort to move. Once they were free Shay folded their hands together, their brows raising slightly at the mention of the other Hanako. The servant's eyes move to the table for a moment.

"...you may run into her on patrol, the only other way is one of the Echo's allow you into the hall where their rooms are and you visit her, but one of them has to agree, or his Highness lets you in." They said before catching Hanako's other comment on Tashi. "I can't speak for her but I don't feel it's a matter of trust, it doesn't seem that way from my observation. It seems like it's something else…as for your connection." Shay seemed to pause searching for the right words. "Inevitably you will connect with her, Facade connects all within it. That's just how it has done things." When the door burst open Shay stared at the new opening, reaching into their sleeve and pulling out a small book, they wrote something down in the notebook. To themselves, they made a mental note to fix that later during their rounds. The servant realized after finishing their note that Hanako was affected and turned to her.

"L-Lady Hanako? Are you all…righ-" Shay cut themselves off seeing Hanako peering through her fingers. Lowering their hands they figured she was fine and turned back towards the two, to a Luro who dug in his sleeve grabbing another rum bottle when Cedric took his, taking a swig himself.

"Hey Hanako! Hi Shay, you two look like you're doin stuff."

The Servant wanted to respond to Luro but Cedric seemed to want their attention more due to proximity, their green gaze rested on Cedric wondering what exactly they wanted, but after a moment they realized the smell on him and put everything together. At the mention of dress the servant blinked.

"If that's an order then I will comply…but I like my current attire presently I'm afraid," Shay said with a small nod. "I also thank you for the compliment."

Shay just moved their arms to help keep Cedric up when he leaned against them, worried about him falling and hurting himself. They seemed more confused than annoyed by Cedric's gestures, looking up and brushing their hair with their hand once he had moved away to keep up appearances. Shay smelled of lilacs, but the longer one lingered near them, the more that smell seemed to resemble burnt ones.

"Kay," Luro said, catching Cedric and moving with him. "Shay you should do the thing, helping us will mean fun and everyone likes fun."

Luro blinked when his face was gripped, his eyes moving over to Hana when her name came up.

"If it is a request then as a servant I'm obligated to oblige," Shay said at Cedric's request. "Of course if Sir Luro also wishes it then all the more reason. I do not know the other Lady Hanako's location presently, but Lady Tashi will. The other Sir Cedric however is patrolling near Lady Jackie. I am not sure how she would respond to Sir Cedric being pulled aside presently, if you're putting aside the consequences of drawing her ire I would advise finding him before Lady Jackie finds you. If I am to offer advice, I would also advise against the act itself for what it's worth." Shay gave a small nod at this folding their hands in front of them.

At Hanako's inquiry, Luro looked back at her, calling Shay over to him he had the very confused assistant make sure Cedric wouldn't fall before walking over to her. "Hanako…" Luro said closing his eyes. He gave a small nod before opening them again and smiling at her. "I'm terrible at reasonable decisions so of course I'd be here! Also, it's important to break the rules sometimes, we're pirates that's what we do!"

Luro grinned at this before moving his hands under Hanako's arms and lifting her until her feet were off the ground."You gotta come with us and have some fun. It'll be great!"

Hana's arms flailed around when the ground disappeared beneath her. She flapped and wiggled before her arms flew towards the skirt of her night gown. From there, she hung like a helpless kitten with Luro's hands hooking beneath her shoulder. "Luro-fuku, I .. can I please get back down." She sucked in her breath, pressing her skirt closer to her body, embarrassed that she nearly blurted out that she wasn't wearing shorts. Ne, she can't do that! Amaiya-amue would not approve. It was too improper.

"S-sir Luro. Lady Hanako is not a child. Perhaps you should put her down."

Luro looked over at Shay then back at Hanako and blinking raised her a bit higher.
"Uppies!" He said with a toothy grin.

"A-yeeeee!" Hana yelped as her rosy face hovered over the three. Cedric-hyeo waving at her with her loopy smile and saying words in Trovalian. Oddly, Luro-fuku, who never once spoke the language, seemed to understand. "O-okay, I'll come. I'll come."

Apparently content he lowered her making sure to say 'Downsies' while he was at it before resting his hands on his hips. It was abundantly clear he could hold her under his arm like he did Zilia and just run off but he wasn't doing so. Seeing that Shay's eyebrows raised slightly as if they realized something.

"...Lady Hanako…I believe it would be safe to accompany them. In fact…it may be a learning experience and I at the very least will do so…I will lead you to Lady Tashi so you can inquire about the other Lady Hanako."

Shay said this before walking towards the door.

"Yes! Let's get going Cedric! We're going to party until one of us passes out! Shay don't forget the extra rum!"

"Allons (let's go)!" Cedric shouted and leaped up Luro's back. He gripped the man's shoulder with one hand, whooping loudly, worrying Hana even more. "I say we annoy that dear sister of mine. She can't stay angry with me, can she?"

"A-are you sure?" Hana spurted as she jogged to keep up with Luro. Inwardly, she was amazed that neither man seemed to be falling. She glanced briefly at Shay. Seeing him practically running showed that there was no stopping this insanity. "But why other Cedric?" she pressed the drunk summoner.

"I want to punch him in the face," Cedric chimed with a dark twinkle in his eye. His never fading smile - the combination sent a chill down Hana's spine. "Getting me is one thing. Trying to harm Jack, non! That's not how this game works." He turned back to the front. "Fére, do you smell the other me? I'm getting the smallest hints of black geranium. I know this perfume - no one we've met was wearing it."

A single card popped into his hand. He aimed at the space behind the corner and hurl the flaming card. Screams of shadowy wolf filled the air. It ran two-legged forward with smoke streaming behind - exactly portrayed like the many nightmares plaguing Cedric's mind. The Stardusk tailor laughed hysterically as he heard a voice shouting. He punched the air, swearing flagrantly, before fishing out several cards. "Come at us!" He challenged. "Luro, let's go capture them!"

"Rrrrrr," Chaos hummed. She popped onto Shay's shoulder and stared at the strangest sight - her master more energetic and lively than she'd ever seen him. She prodded Shay's cheek with her paw to indicate the changes in the shadows spilling in the far corner, egging him towards it. She hissed.

Hana reached for her sword only to remember she left it in bed to create the charade of returning soon. She bit her lip as regret flared in her mind. The very winds in the hall were angry, reminding her of Amaiya amue. She hoped, suddenly, that they didn't accidentally attack Tashi-amue or Jackie-tai'n in their haste. Her racing heart reduced her to pure instinct. Those writhing shadows …

She dashed over and leap-kicked the emerging figure into the wall. The hall shook when flesh and stone collided, covering everyone with powdery rain. Hana raised her arm to her nose. She gaped then clasped her hands together and bowed repeatedly. She DID NOT mean to channel … amue's not going to like this! "Gomene, gomene!" she apologized to the person she entombed, and ran to offer her hand. "I - um, are you okay?"

"You did well!" Cedric clapped Hana on the shoulder, startling her. "Wh - non!"

The poor summoner's ears sang. He careened into the Echo, sending them back into the stone coffin. Hana's squeals made him grit his teeth as he grabbed blindly for Luro's hand. "Stars, Hanako, I'm your Cedric." He grumbled. "I think our kidnappee is …" He leaned back and poked that cheek. "Do you fancy some of that rum left for my Jack?" His face was cheery again. "I wonder whose bright idea it was to leave it in his bed, hm?"

Chaos cocked her head after huffing. She prowled back towards the shadows and jabbed it with her paw, half-expecting more after her earlier encounter with Jackie. Hana joined her and squatted down. Alicia's sister peered intently.

"Is there someone or something still in there?" Her hand reached around blindly. "Don't be scared. We, um, want to be friends. I can make us some tea and pancakes if you want." Her bare, pink lips quirked. Cedric-hyeo and Luro-fuku were not sounding safe nor reassuring at the moment. "The two … they are nice. Ye, it'll be fine, I'll protect you."

"I don't think we should promote violence," Shay said as they made their way down the hall. Shay had a feeling they weren't being heard and Luro humming and continuing forward with Cedric only seemed to prove that.

"Hmmm it's faint but kinda," Luro said. "Something's interfering with it though. The scent is…moving in different directions for some reason." Something brushed Luro's cheek and his eyelids lowered a bit as a sudden realization hit him. Whatever came to mind faded quickly as the sudden proclamation from Cedric came, Luro grinned at this and lowered his body ready to rush forward. "Let's do it! I already got the rope ready!"

"Why did you bring rope?!" Shay questioned only to look over at Chaos at the cat's sudden warning. The Servant's eyes moved to the shadows and their eyebrows narrowed slightly as they felt the sudden shift.

Shay wasn't sure how to explain the next few moments aside from chaos, but what concerned them the most was that Hanako had somehow acted against the figure first. The servant took their notebook out again and made another note about something else to fix during their rounds. The door was easy, the wall…was going to require plaster and more materials. A small sigh escaped from them as they put the book away.

They walked over to the wall as Luro grabbed Cedric's hand and helped him up, his eyes resting on the one unfortunate enough to end up in the wall. When the smoke cleared the person laying in the hole was…a shadow shaped as a person. Luro blinked a few times at the scene but before he could say anything a hand came to rest on Cedric and Hanako's shoulders.

1713333886683.png
"You really think Rum will solve this issue?"Jackie's grip tightened a bit more on their shoulders. "You know if that wasn't a doppelganger…that would have been an assault." The woman was smiling but her eyes spoke a far different language, Luro for some reason was seeing his life flash before his eyes.

"Oh I forgot that happened," Luro said as a particular memory passed.

Jackie stood behind the two and the shadow in the wall dissipated having served its duty, her eyes moved to Shay before lowering slightly, she removed her hands from their shoulders as her gaze fell on Luro finally.

"It's a good thing Adelaide noticed you all first."

"Lady Adelaide?"

"Luro probably picked up on it, she divided Cedric's scent to throw you off, he escaped in that time," Jackie said. "I asked her not to ruin your fun…then Hanako tried to hit me. This one's so violent…"

Luro touched his cheek remembering the earlier touch, he thought it seemed familiar. He didn't think that the other Adelaide would get involved. Jackie's gaze went to Cedric for a moment, her eyelids lowered a bit seeing his current state. It seemed like she wanted to say something but she just let out a heavy sigh and adjusted her glasses.

"You're not going to find Cedric tonight. Give it up and do something else. He has his reasons for not appearing before you, respect that and do something else. Hanako's nearby, go talk to her."

"You're not gonna kill us," Luro said moving his hands into his sleeves. "I felt a lot of bloodlust for a moment there. It was kinda nice."

"...I can't attack my brother that easily, even another version, and Tashi would kill me if I killed any Hanako, " Jackie said. "Adelaide on the other hand…I can't promise anything so I'd keep moving. Head towards the training area, Hanako was that way, I think she was looking for Nali."

Jackie seemed to be aware of their plans but she showed no signs of stopping them, Luro was reminded she was still a spymaster at the end of the day, a drunken escapade would be simple for her to find out.

"Also…Tashi was that way. I recognized you but she may draw first and ask questions later if you attack her. You want to keep your head look before swinging next time." The woman eyed the group and Luro stared at Jackie as she waited for the group to leave so she could resume her duties.

"You wanna come with us?" Luro asked.

"Tempting but I don't feel like answering questions about my Cedric or Adelaide. You leave those and I'll at least walk with you."

A white-furred Chaos landed on Jackie's shoulder and her eyes lowered a bit as the cat seemed to say something to her, the other Chaos looked at their counterpart, and tilted her head a bit before leaping off Jackie's shoulder, vanishing as she was blocked from sight.

"My Cedric does say 'Good evening' to you though."

"Rum solves most things," Sid conceded while tolerating the intrusion on his person. He appreciated that the Echo kept her bare fingers far from the exposed skin of his throat, before realizing his Echo would have shared similar talents. He spun round and grabbed her hand to kiss it. Sibling-to-sibling, coyly as would most Trovalian brothers do. "Pardon, I let my drink get the better of me. I was never allowed to drink after … if this is a shared memory, je ne sais pas (I don't know). Capitaine North? I was thirsty and drank up the last of her rum. The ship lit up like festive skies. Oui, I've not been allowed to drink since," he finished, unaware that he was starting to retrace some of his words. His memory was already falling apart.

Hanako pouted and tucked her hands over the front of her nightgown. "I would have stopped if I saw you," she protested. "It was that shadow person, so I can't tell! Then hyeo startled me," she waved her arms around. "A-ye, um, I'll help you fix the wall tomorrow, Shay-ta. Gomene," she bowed to the servant before bowing again to Jackie. "I know nothing excuses my behaviour earlier."

Cedric pouted next, looking almost insolent, at the thought that he never got to glimpse his other self. He consoled himself by remarking, under his breath, that the poor Echo must be ashamed of his own looks. There was no logical explanation otherwise. He backed off, regardless, as Runali and Zilia's words came to mind. Something, something, about learning about Facade. He guessed they just needed to change their target. Shang-hai Jackie and other Hanako, oui, Luro was sure to agree.

"Tell him I'm stealing his sister!" Cedric called after the white cat. And, to emphasize that point, he promptly linked arms with Jackie. "Non, you're coming with me, soeur (sister). I never thanked you for the crepes yester-morning. Sautéed cherries were something Jack never persuaded me to eat," he waved away any potential remarks about his natural fussiness. Jack never hesitated to point out his anorexic build because of it. Ah, he hoped, a fem Jack would better appreciate his wish to look good and fashionable. "Jack overfeeds me on the best of days."

"He says you're too skinny," Hana jabbed him verbally. Her peeve pouring from every inch of her. She couldn't fathom why he'd let himself get this drunk in a dangerous place. This she vowed never to tell her sister or risk stressing the woman. "I guess we could check on Other Me."

"And you accuse me of trying to find my Echo," Sid snipped. "You were just too slow."

Hana huffed. "Ne, I was following Ru-fu'tai's advice. Do you remember?"

"She wanted us to find information."

They bickered before pouncing on Luro. "Luro," Luro-fuku," they shouted at the same time. They glared at each before proceeding to keep interrupting each other. "What did -" "We're not supposed to -", then finally Sid won. "Capitaine agreed to this, no?" And, Hanako was left gripping the skirt of her nightgown. Annoyed she turned back to Shay. "Boys are so childish. Why can't hyeo be sophisticated like Jack-ta'cho?"

"It really does," Luro said grinning. "Rum is great like that."

Jackie only smiled at Luro at this point her gaze returning to Cedric as her hand was taken, a small chuckle escaped the woman at the gesture and she withdrew her hand once he said his peace. "Well you're not so far gone to forget some of your manners at least," she said before looking back at Hanako. There was a lot she wanted to say but she just adjusted her glasses, she smiled at her to show she wasn't really upset about the matter. "...I mean you still 'attacked' someone in the castle even if by accident. I'm just saying to be careful is all. No offense taken so raise your head."

She watched Shay wave their hands in response to Hanako's offer. "It's quite fine Lady Hanako, it is part of my duty please do not let it trouble you. The other Sir Luro did far more just the other day."

When Cedric linked arms with Jackie, Luro moved his hands into his sleeves, it seemed she was going to be coming with them, well their goal was to get Echoes at the end of the day so that was fine. He looked over at Jackie who did not attempt to move away which was enough of an indication that she was coming along. "I tend to spoil a bit more than my other self it seems."

Though she was being 'stolen' she wondered if given the circumstances she was actually 'stealing' Cedric herself, she decided not to purposefully bring this up to Jack for the time being, tempting as it was. Reaching over she adjusted his outfit a bit with a smile before pointing ahead and heading towards the training room.

Luro watched Hanako and Cedric for a moment in silence, blinking a few times when the two approached him, his eyes moving between the two of them as they talked his head tilting. It seemed that they had resolved the issue themselves so Luro left the matter alone, he also didn't want to head back yet anyway. "I suppose the spirits aren't helping the matter. Inhibitions are reduced in such a state after all," Shay said looking over at Cedric at Hanako's comment.

A hand came to rest on Hanako's head ruffling her hair a bit, the source was Luro who grinned down at the younger Tashigi. Shay noticed for a brief moment the redhead's eyes seemed to clear for a moment. "This kind of thing is the most interesting though. You got siblings too Hanako. There's something nice about this, just think about it and you'll see why this is a good thing."

He grinned and with a blink, his gaze returned to normal causing Shay's eyelids to lower slightly. "Kay let's get going and find the other Hanako!"

Removing his hand he walked after the other two, Shay watched Luro walk away and messed with their bang a little. "...let us move forward Lady Hanako. The night is still young after all…and I believe there's something good at the end of all this."

While Shay offered to lead the group Jackie stopped them wanting Shay to enjoy their evening, even if it was just for an hour she didn't want Shay to just be a 'servant', though Shay themselves said that was impossible causing a small chuckle to escape from the woman.

The training area wasn't far, but to the surprise of at least a few present there wasn't just one training area, there were multiple. Shay had never gotten to explain but different ones were remodeled in different ways, and one in particular resembled the dojos of Yula Fei. Thus it was easy to tell which one Hanako would be found in. Shay said that Tashi had requested one of such make and they made it shortly afterward.

"Shay that's amazing!" Luro exclaimed. "You can make things as well."

"I-it's not that amazing Sir Luro. To help clean the castle I'm able to manipulate its structure slightly. I merely did the same and used Lady Tashi's knowledge to build it. It may not resemble the Feian ones exactly but hopefully, it lives somewhat up to your expectations."

"You guys knew the risks of doing all of this so I'll refrain from ruining your evening with possibilities and warnings. Why don't you open the door Luro?"

"Kay. I do smell a Tashigi behind here. Let's kidnap other Hanako."

Luro opened the sliding door to the dojo, with a bit more flair and force than needed, revealing the inside of the dojo. The place was kept meticulously clean from top to bottom, and a few wooden weapons were resting on the walls, though one was presently missing. There was a singular person in the room, and they were a Tashigi.

A Tashigi with long silver like hair and an eye patch, who was meditating in the center of the room. She also possessed a red eye which opened and glanced sideways at the group who had intruded in her space. Her eyelid lowered ever so slightly and Luro looked back at Hanako and Cedric before looking at Tashi again.

"...Wrong Tashigi." He slowly closed the door to the Dojo ignoring the woman's unblinking stare and once it was fully shut he looked at Jackie who only offered a shrug.

"She was here when I walked by earlier. She had been training inside."

Judging by the missing weapon the woman's statement seemed correct but that wasn't the case now. "We should probably go. If we run now she won't catch all of us, just the slowest," Luro said.

1713333998262.png
"Hope is a dangerous thing Luro Makachi."

Luro flinched a bit at the voice, mainly because it was coming from behind them. Turning he noticed Tashi was standing behind Hanako her gaze focused on the group as a whole. Luro opened the door to the dojo again only to see the woman was gone from inside.

"It can lead to meaningless struggles."

The swordswoman's hand went to her blade and Luro lowered his body slightly, though a bonk on the head from her saya was the most the redhead received from the woman.

"I jest of course. I am used to your antics…though it seems you have company this time."

Tashi's eye moved to Hanako and Cedric, lingering on her other 'sister' for a moment before closing. "Explain. Preferably from someone not a few steps away from passing out."

Luro rubbed the top of his head before putting his hand on Hanako's back and gently nudging her forward. This caused Tashi to look at Hanako awaiting an explanation. "Okay, Hanako. Explain how we're kidnapping the Echoes," Luro said pulling out a rum bottle from his sleeve.

"...yes please enlighten me on this Hanako."

"Non! I'm fine, Amaiya," Cedric waved away all concerns. He walked over to the swordswoman, amicably slow, and raised her hand to his lips. Kissing it, he gazed into the distorting silhouette, so reminiscent of his heart's desire. "Has anyone ever told you that you're more beautiful than the moon? Your skin whiter than snow and your eyes steals my breath," he praised in Feian. The grammar clearly supplied by Jack. He raised a hand to brush away a strand of hair. "What happened to your eye?"

"Kidnap?" Hanako flinched. "I, no, Luro-fuku, please don't joke like this! Cedric-hyeo said we were going to have drinks with the Echoes, nothing more." The side of her lips twitched as she waved her hands in front of her in protest. "Jackie-tai'n, Tas … hi?"

Her focus was stolen, briefly, by Cedric flirting with her sister's Echo. She coughed, nudging the man away enough to push him back towards Luro, and she bowed. "I didn't know," she confessed. "He mustn't have known that your heart belongs to another, ne, Tashi-amue?"

This was awkward, very awkward. Hanako thought back about her time with Cedric and Amaiya, and how he always hung around when there was nothing to do. It made sense, but - he wasn't good enough, in her mind. She huffed. Her amue deserved nothing short of a prince, or a noble's eldest son, in her mind. "Tashi-amue?" she repeated in the silence that followed Cedric's disappearance. "I - well, I was thinking of, oh yes!" she pounded her hand with her right fist as inspiration struck. "Tonight's a full moon. It'll be the fifth full moon of the year back from where we can. I remembered amue, and myself, are fond of botan-nabi (wild boar hotpot) with sugared persimmons in it." She beamed. "Would you, Shay-ta, Jackie-tai'n, would the two of you help me make a feast for everyone here? The sweetness of the persimmons goes well with alcohol."

Giggling, she hugged Tashi. "Ne, ne, amue, please say yes!" she begged as she pouted with her face turned towards the red gaze. Somehow, doing this, always softened up her sister on the average day, and won the woman to her side. "Absolutely anyone can come, Nali-fu'tai, other me, Emil-hyeo?" she suggested. Her face blushing slightly at the mention of his name. Immediately, her heart skipped several beats. She wished her own Emil was here.

Cedric had a pulse of clarity. He recalled the missing wooden sword on the rack. Hana's voice replayed inside his head, narrating in her bubbly voice, about training in a particular area in the estate when she needed to sharpen her kata. He poked Jackie's elbow. "Do tell if other parts of the Tashigi estate exist here," he prompted. "Maybe even a model of the Aurora Borealis, your version at least," he continued with a vague wave.

He didn't mention, of course, that his own Chaos returned during their trek here, and deposited the joker card into his pocket. His black cat had already wandered off to explore the area. Jackie hadn't returned yet; he figured she went off to find Jack. Hopefully, he added, with an item obtained from the Echoes. The slowest party here was him. His mind fogged up again as he slid onto his bum. "That bottle was for me, wasn't it?" He asked the world at large. "No version of me or Jack would be silly enough to think that works."

Hanako proceeded to re-open the dojo door. She knew of the side passage leading to the kitchen and the rest of the main house. She half-expected the necessary ingredients to be on the tables when they arrived. She paused long enough to wait for Tashi to protest before she pulled the woman in after her. Deeper down a kernel of hope flowered; there was a chance that they'd pass the zen garden courtyard where she would usually go to perfect her kata, why else would the wooden sword be missing. Unless, again she turned back to look at Amaiya with a bright smile, her amue took the sword for reasons unknown.

"Tashi-amue, is there something on your mind? My real amue wouldn't be happy with strangers she barely knows wandering around the compound." She finally asked, refusing to step further into the shadowy room backlit by open windows. "I really don't want to intrude even if I want to spend more time with you and Jackie-tai'n."

Cedric was less focused on his stomach. His mind suggested a game, non, the card he got suggested something to him. He laid a card into his open palm and snapped. An entire deck sprang up, and he started shuffling. "Say Jackie, my heart says we let the sisters have their time, and we have ours with Luro. Rum and cards, like the old times. See what games he knows," he proposed. "Shay," he waved. "Would you like to play cards or cook whatever it is that Hanako wanted?"

There was a rule among spies - whatever spoken during such a game would never leave the circle. He couldn't remember who told them about it, but he bet it was Capitaine Hoshi. There were many different games they could play; tonight he wanted something less taxing. He sat back down and patted the ground beside him. "What game would you all like to play? I'm happy to learn popular games from Facade." He laughed. "Hopefully, they are complicated enough that I can win Jack a few times before he figures it out and re-takes his throne."

As he began distributing the cards, he turned to Shay. "If we wanted alcohol, how do we get some in Facade?"

Tashi's eye only moved over to Cedric when he took her hand, her expression blank she watched him in silence gently withdrawing her hand when he said what he had to say. "Thank you for your kind words Cedric, I would however advise against compliments when under the bottle, it makes them seem less sincere."

She said this reaching up and adjusting her eyepatch. "It is nothing worth speaking of, I would thank you not to bring it up again."

Jackie silently applauded Cedric though, at least he had tried, most wouldn't seeing the woman upset, a part of her was proud of her brother, even the other version. She didn't speak this out loud however as she liked her head attached to her body.

"Hmmm there's a few places that Hanako requested but they're in another part of the castle," Jackie said to Cedric's question. "I've only been there a few times myself. I leave that more to the Tashigi sisters."

Tashi's gaze moved over to Hanako after this and she listened closely to what she said. Her gaze moved back over to Luro and Cedric, the former folding his hands behind his head smiling. The woman calmly moved a strand of hair behind her ear and closed her eye with a small sigh.

"I cannot speak for my other half, but there is no one like that in my heart Hanako, and it will remain that way for the foreseeable future."

When Hanako made her request the woman's eyelid lowered slightly, she seemed intent on saying something when another voice spoke up.

"That does sound fun," Luro said. "We can enjoy ourselves right?"

Tashi stared at Luro for a moment, her eye searching for something in the redhead who tilted his head with a smile.
"...very well for a short time."

At the mention of the others, she gave a small shake of her head.

"Captain is dealing with other matters and the other you…I asked her to go town once she finished her training on an errand, she will not be joining us…as for Emil he's not an option presently."

Tashi chose not to explain why and from the look in her eye she wasn't going to make an effort to either. Though she clearly had her reservations, she walked with Hanako before answering her question.

"I cannot call you strangers with such familiar faces and we wish for amicable relations, even if I was bothered by it, allowing my personal feelings to inconvenience others in such a way would be selfish."

Luro watched the scene mostly in silence and this caused Shay's gaze to fall onto the redhead, due to this they almost missed what Cedric had said.

"Oh I believe that is a good idea and I can easily retrieve some from the passage."

Jackie's eyes moved to the cards adjusting her glasses she a small smile graced her features. "Hmmm there is a fun game I play with my Cedric. I suppose I could teach you that one I'm sure Jack won't know it," Jackie said.

While Shay was considering what path to take Luro removed his hands from his sleeves. "You two should probably grit your teeth," Luro said adjusting his bandages.

Whether Hanako and Cedric heard Luro's warning didn't matter, within that moment a piercing pain slammed into their heads and images forced themselves into their skulls. Calling it a headache was being polite, it was if someone was trying to dig a rusty blade into their craniums and pop it open to view the contents.

For a moment Hanako was in her other halves body, she borrowed the emotions and senses of her other self. A hand held her own, warm and comforting and as her vision came back directly in front of her was Emil, the light of the sunset bouncing off him illuminating his back as he offered a gentle smile to her. It wasn't her Emil, parts of his hair were red, more than likely from Imposter's influence, but his smile…the kindness in his gaze, it was without a doubt Emil.

Cedric was thrown into his other selves body, who for some reason was on a ship, the white Chaos in his lap and his hand petting her fur, from the attire he wore it was clear that the other Cedric also cared about his appearance. The door to the room opened and Jackie walked into the room, offering a grin to him. The woman wasn't wearing glasses and her eyes weren't yellow, she held a mirror in her hand, something she had apparently grabbed for him, however just as she held it up the image faded keeping him from viewing his own reflection.

Just like that the moment passed and the memories left them, they were shoved back into their own bodies as Facade released them.

"...Facade spoke to you," Shay said folding their hands together. "It took an interest in your pursuits it seems."

Jackie's eyebrows drew down at this and the smile on her face shrunk to a small frown, Tashi's expression stayed the same but her body had tensed up slightly her eyelid lowering slightly.

"...Facade's gaze has left you," Shay said, closing their eyes. "I can't sense it anymore."

Luro watched the scene in silence, he didn't receive a gift it seemed but his gaze did move to the right as if he was looking at something. Whatever he was looking at left causing him to focus forward.

"You guys okay," Luro said, resting his hands on his hips. "That looked painful."

Cedric grabbed Luro and vomited, throwing his head off to the side at the very last minute, enough to avoid splattering the capitaines fiance. He gagged on air and emptied the last of his dinner. He fished out a handkerchief. Wiping his mouth, he inhaled deeply. "I -" he shook his head afraid he'd vomit again, an understandable response given his poor health. "I'm fine, Luro. Dizzy but I'm fine," he admitted as he lay down with his head in his brother's lap.

It wouldn't be the first time he found himself in such a position; he had fainted multiple times randomly in the past, but this was the first time he acknowledged the redhead as more than a crewmate. He crossed his arms over his stomach and closed his eyes to allow the pain to subside. The act surely would have caused Jack to panic if the man was around. His eyes popped open before the thought faded and he opened his mouth to say something. Seeing Jackie, taking in her expression, he decided it was best to say nothing. He considered the possibility that her Cedric might not have been dying from that illness. Looking at her told him nothing in that regard, but he imagined it wasn't easy to see someone with your sibling's face looking like death itself. "Depends if you're up to it, but I'm going to use your tricks to kick Jack's ego. He needs to learn he can't always be the best at cards," Sid joked as he returned to his reclining otter pose. "Tonight, oui? Another time, I let you decide, my soeur."

Hanako managed to keep standing. The pain, while bad, was not the worst she experienced. Saffron had found her matted with blood; her feet scraped and festering after running until she collapsed, a memory she never regained, but a story, nonetheless, pieced together from the other women who had been rescued that same day. She inhaled Tashi's scent as her arms untangled from around the woman. Hana's head bobbed in apology. "I guess I owe you dinner now, Tashi-amue. I noticed that I've stained your kimono." She cupped her reddening cheeks. "I may have to leave for now. I'm not feeling too great after that happened." She gestured vaguely.

Other Hana's memories of Emil lit a strange fire inside her. His absence became more apparent all of a sudden. She wanted him in a very different way, not as another brother, but … she didn't dare think it, maybe, a namja (boyfriend/lover). She wanted him to say the same words Cedric-hyeo said to Tashi earlier; look that lovelorn at her. She sighed. Amaiya-amue wouldn't like the answer that she knew given her sister's experience with the Prophets. The girl began twisting her skirt. "I promise it'll be something extra delicious next time. You've mentioned this dish once when I was younger. I - I've been practicing it, and Satia-amue finally gave me her approval. It may not be Lady Sakura's style but, yes, I wanted to cheer you up with it."

Sid raised a hand and pointed to Hanako's back. "I guess it'll have to be next time. Luro and I won't let her wander off on her own." He tried standing only to slip back into a kneeling squat. "Fére, help?" He asked sheepishly. "I don't think I'll be able to walk."

Luro offered a nod to Cedric and made no effort to move, he just smiled and let him have his moment. Jackie closed her eyes when Cedric looked at her, staring probably wasn't going to help but she didn't want to look away either. Luro rested a hand on Cedric's forehead, he channeled a bit of ice into his hands to make them a bit colder knowing that helped when people didn't feel well, at least from what Zilia said.

Tashi had taken hold of Hanako when the moment happened mainly because she wrapped her arms around her, the swordswoman didn't move however and seemed to wait for the moment to pass, almost as if she understood exactly what was happening. That may have been the case considering the warnings she had given Stardusk as a whole.

"Think nothing of it, Shay is good at cleaning most things," Tashi said. "Focus on your health, there will be other nights." Tashi's eye lowered a bit and she wondered if she looked like she needed cheering up but she left the matter alone. "...Then I will look forward to it next time."

Jackie watched Cedric sit up and raised a hand to the two. "Next time then. I'll look forward to it."

She watched Luro help Cedric up, he moved over to Hanako placing a hand on her shoulder.
"If ya need help too let me know Hanako. I can carry you under my arm," Luro said grinning. "Let's get back for now. Shay thanks for coming, and thank you too Jackie."

"It was my honor. Sleep well."

Jackie waved to the group as they walked away and once they passed through a nearby Passage Tashi walked over to them, Shay stared at the watery gate for a moment after they had left.

"...I do not think either of them noticed."

"It seems not. I swear he's something else."

"What do you mean?" Shay said looking over at the two.

"I'm sure you caught it too Shay. What Luro was doing."

"Ah…that…Sir Luro said he wasn't reasonable…but it was clear he was staying near Cedric to make sure he was okay."

"He was also checking on Hanako. Probably curious of her mental state in this place."

"He is just as observant as ours it seems."

"...I hope Lady Hanako understands the meaning behind Sir Luro's comment on Sir Cedric."

"Haha I wouldn't expect it. The two of them are still pretty young in some aspects…but Luro seems to be keeping an eye on them his way."

"Facade's gaze seemed to avoid him this time though…I wonder why."

"I don't know…but I wonder how much of this was planned and how much of it was an accident. Guess we'll never know."

"True. It would be difficult for Luro to mistake my scent for Hanako's even with Adelaide's interference."

Shay looked back at the passage again, what was Luro Makachi's goal in all of this, was there even a goal? Shay decided not to press the matter, Imposter told him that he would never truly understand Luro or his desires, no one would and for tonight, he was just a responsible troublemaker.

"...I wonder what gift Facade will give them next time."

Jackie

Somewhere within the halls as Jackie roamed them a sudden weight pressed down on the area, as if the air itself was being forced down on everything in the air. Something was imposing it's presence and it wasn't happy. A moment later blue flames erupted in front of the cat and Tashi appeared as the flames faded, her eyebrows was lowered slightly as she looked ahead, however when she looked down and saw Jackie her face relaxed.

When she did the weight also vanished at the same time. Her eye stared at Jackie for a moment having mistaken her for an intruder, closing her eye she held her hand out palm up. When she did a plate appeared in her hand and kneeling down she set it down on the ground, upon closer look it was clearly treats made for cats. She stared at Jackie for a moment longer before turning her back to her and vanishing in the same blue flame, a red piece of paper about the size of a talisman however was left behind in her place, left behind by the silent swordswoman.

Chaos

"Well if it isn't Chaos."

The Shadow around the cat seemed to sink in slightly within the hallway, while it could be considered a trick of the light as the shadows moved, it soon became clear it was purposeful as the little light found in the hallway was slowly being eclipsed in shadow, until the cat was standing in a small circle of light.

The owner of the voice was a bit distorted making it hard to judge who was speaking to the wandering feline, however whoever was watching her clearly wasn't a 'threat', the presence watching her was actually ensuring they didn't come off as threatening.
A moment later a boot entered the light and the speaker stepped into the light as the shadows pulled back lightly. Jackie stood with a grin on her face at Chaos before kneeling down in front of her.

"...Cedric being Cedric?" She questioned her eyes narrowing a bit.

With a flick of her wrist a card appeared in her hand and she threw it so it would land in front of Chaos.

"My Cedric has been watching you all of this time, he figured his other self would make a move at some point so you can take that back to Cedric, I can't let you see Cedric yet, he's more shy than he used to be."

The card on the ground was a 'joker' card and Jackie smiled. "That doesn't mean he's any less competitive though. See you."

The woman stood up and taking a step back faded back into the shadows, as she did the shadows moved away from Chaos returning to their normal state as the woman's presence faded. Just before she did however a 'meow' echoed in the hallway before also fading with the woman

Last edited:
1713412080607.png
Shey Banner (Pre-Reveal).png
Avnia Banner (Pre reveal).png
1713412188065.png
Zilia_s Banner Finished.jpg
Jackie remained silent listening to the discussion between Stardusk, calmly flipping a coin over her fingers as she awaited their final decision. She made no effort to move or interfere when Jack or Cedric approached her, she expected her other half to question her and Luro was fine with it. When Cedric look at her she gave him a small shake of the head, silently informing she couldn't answer his questions, the reason should be obvious from her earlier statement.
Jackie pulled out a cigarillo while waiting and lit it with a flame from her finger, paying no mind to the sibling's conversation, the only sign she could actually hear them was her eyes narrowing slightly at her Cedric being called an 'idiot' but she apparently put the matter aside.
"Seem's a decision been made," Jackie said. "Judging by the votes so far."
She decided not to comment on the fact Abby had done her best to keep a straight face at Cedric's comment but her trembling gave away her actual fear, she felt that was influenced in a way but left it alone, her Luro had called that as well.

Jackie made a motion with her finger and her shadow stretched out from under her, passing underneath Abby, the shadow rose up forming into a curved blade and Zilia's eyes widened as Jackie made a downward motion and the blade came down on her.
Abby shut her eyes at the action, at least until her bindings fell off her and the shadow returned to Jackie.
"You're free to go," Jackie said.
Abby stared at the woman and slowly rose to her feet, she eyed the group almost making sure she was truly free to go before her body fully straightened.
"...thank you for sparing me," she said simply before turning and walking out of the tent.
Her footsteps could be heard picking up outside after she was out of sight showing she was running away, clearly not wanting to show her fear openly.
"Well my Cedric owes me one now. He wanted you to kill her," Jackie said.
The woman walked over and grabbing the rum bottle tossed it to Luro.
"You knew what we'd pick didn't you," Luro said opening the bottle.
"Yep," Jackie said simply. "Or rather Luro did. Long as I didn't tell you too much he told me 'they'll spare her'. My Luro has slight clairvoyance, he saw your choices ahead of time."
She motioned to the group.
"He however like Zil can't meet you and look you in the eyes. So he wanted to see if you fell in line with his future predictions…and you did. He'll be happy you'll exactly like he expected."
"...he tested us," Zilia said turning fully to look at Jackie.
"He apologizes for it but well the answer to why is easy right?"
"Stardusk is always first to Luro…including their well-being," Zilia said. "He always considers us before anything else...most times."
"You got it. Any action he takes is just to make sure Stardusk is going to be okay. Even if he has to be a villain sometimes. We're very important to him after all, he wants to make sure you all aren't a threat as well. I mean you're Luro was ready to put a bullet in my head when I attacked Jack."
Luro while drinking the bottle gave a thumbs up at this and Jackie gave a small shrug.
"Sorry for the deception really," Jackie said. "I wanted him to be comfortable with you all. Obviously he'll be helping you the best he can as well now that he knows you're 'good' Stardusk. Cedric however decided to wager Luro would be wrong."
"...next thing you know my other half will be testing us," Zilia said sighing.
"She won't. She already got what she needed from you."
"...huh?" Zilia said as Jackie turned her back to the group.
"Zil got what she needed from you already. Every Echo will now aid you in your escape as best we can, which I can openly say with confidence since Imposter can't hear or see us here. The Captain or Tashi if Runali's too lazy will explain it to you later. I've done my part."
The woman grinned before turning and walking out of the tent.
"Don't be too mad at me Jack. You know you'd help Luro too if he asked you with pleading eyes. Anyway Shey's waiting for you, don't keep her waiting."
With that, the woman waved and vanished from the tent.
Luro lowered the bottle from his lips before blinking and pointing ahead.
"Wait Jackie didn't tell us 'why' that lady was a problem."
Zilia's eyes widened and running towards the opening threw it open, Shey jumped a bit seeing the doctor and stared at her. Zilia raised her head and looked around, Jackie was already gone.
"...crafty little…" Zilia mumbled sighing.

Before she could speak further a loud whistle filled the area, and Shey turned towards the source before looking back at Stardusk.
"It seems the Regiment leader is calling everyone…I'll lead you to her. Oh but before that Miss Hanako. Miss Jackie has a message for you."
Shey pulled out a note and started reading from it.
"Do not say 'I will stop someone lightly', Luro and Cedric are people with a fair amount of blood on their hands, underestimating the will of someone who has taken multiple lives will end badly for you'. That is the message. She gave it to me before you awoke and asked me not to read it until now for some reason."
With that Shey bowed and motioned to her side with her feet together, a slightly raised hand and the grace of 'The Ultimate Maid'.
"Let us depart then."

Nali Banner.png

The crew was lead to the arena in the center of the camp, they were left to their own devices for a moment before the Regiment Leader appeared. Avnia stood in the center of the circle surrounded by the troops near the arena, to their surprise a familiar face was among them, or what they could see of their face. The redhaired woman's smile however matched that of a troublemaker.
"Nali here has picked up the movement of a powerful fight among Imposter's forces. We're being attacked on two fronts. The other attacker is extremely powerful so I'll be dealing with them, but we can't ignore this attacker either," Avnia said. "As such I'll be sending a second force to deal with them and I believe-"
"If I may interrupt Avnia," Nali said walking forward to join Avnia. "I think we should send the newbies out."
She motioned to Stardusk and Avnia's gaze moved over to them.
"They're fresh faces I don't think-"
"No no it's fine. I mean they have two Feians among them, and look at their Captain, the one with the eyepatch she exudes strength. Also that fancy dressed boy, don't let the bedhead fool you, he's got all kinds of secret techniques and I know you've heard about the blue haired one."
"Oh she's the one who possesses the 'Slash of a Million Murderers', I apologize for underestimating your ability."
"It's already increased…" Zilia said. "Wait no that's not-"
"So they're perfect for it," Nali said. "It'll be a good test too."
"Look I'm telling you-"
"Okay I'll trust your judgment," Avnia said. "You're wisdom has aided me so much already."
"Please listen to us, you should-"
"All right for the glory of our kingdom you will engage the enemy," Avnia said holding her hand out. "I'll deal with that 'Seliria' woman, so hold off the enemy. I'll join you soon."
"Wait! Seliria's-"
A glow surrounded Stardusk before anyone could get an actual word out, Avnia waved to the crew with that same smile, though it wasn't possible to see her eyes, it was obvious she had winked at them.
A bright glow surrounded the crew and in the next moment, they were in the middle of The Great Enclave, surrounded by the sounds of war and general destruction.
"...what just happened?" Zilia said squeezing the bridge of her nose.
Luro chuckled a little at the sound her glasses made before looking ahead.
"My head's spinning…so much is going on," Zilia said lowering her hand.

The other Sovereign's forces sprinted past the group running towards the enemy, Zilia flinched a bit expecting to get attacked but apparently, the group recognized them as allies and ignored them as they rushed forward. Zilia let out a long shaky sigh and decided not to take the last few minutes into consideration.
"...if I remember correctly the sovereigns can't see here right? Why don't we just go look for Seliria?" Zilia asked looking back at everyone. "Giving her fighting ability finding her on the battlefield shouldn't be too-"

Zilia once again found herself interrupted though it came from nature instead of another person. An immense chill suddenly filled the battlefield, a mini snowstorm appeared out of nowhere and crashed into the group attempting to push them back. Zilia raised her arms as the cold bit at her exposed skin, gritting her teeth as she dug her feet in. Thankfully the harsh winds didn't push too hard, but the cold that accompanied them were harsh, for some it would feel as if they were in Yakone again.
"Did Imposter make it winter again!" Zilia yelled through the sudden blizzard.
Visibility was limited with the group barely able to see a few feet in front of them as the howling winds surrounded them, for a moment the sun's light was stolen.

In the midst of the wind however for how harsh it was blowing, and how loudly it made it's presence known humming soon surrounded the crew on all sides. It was a somewhat melancholic hum but there was a strange sense of hope within it, yet it was somehow haunting, the sound came in clearly, and from all sides as if a choir sung within the snowstorm.
"Alicia! Captain! Jack, my rum's turning to ice! Help me out!"
Wind surrounded Luro's hand as he called forth what he could, concentrating he summoned what wind he could and immediately pushed against the winds.
The force blew the blizzard completely away from the group and the sun soon returned, the ground however still contained frost and all around them, every soldier on the other Soverein's side had been frozen solid, statues frozen in a variety of expressions.
"Oh wow you got rid of it. You're so strong. Course I should expect that huh."
A voice filled the air, a cheerful voice full of song and gentleness.
A woman stepped forward her gloved fingers tracing over one of the frozen soldiers who had been frozen mid retreat.
"Don't worry they're still alive. I'll free them once we're done here."
The stranger adjusted her hat before her thumb pressed against the tsuba of her blade drawing it slightly, a frost suddenly surrounding her saya.
"Names Hanako, but you can call me Nako. I don't care who steps forward, all of you can if you want. Let's make this a nice clean fight!"
Violet red eyes met the crew's and a wide grin met the crew's as the swordswoman got into stance.

Nako (Echo Banner).png

Last edited:
HGN7hir.png
~"It's easy being the hero of your own story, far harder to limit how many times you play the villain in others."~

The swordswoman had hardly needed to voice her opinion on whether or not to kill the girl in front of them. Alicia felt that her crew knew her well enough by now to avoid having to provide a verbal confirmation. A small smile graced her features as Hanako spoke and made mention of the lack of honor that came in what would undoubtedly be an execution, feeling a sense of pride for a moment in her youngest sister. While she'd said nothing on the subject she did tip her head to acknowledge it while also visibly giving her support to Hanako's words. "I will be outside until this concludes." she replied simply and turned to take her leave, exiting from the tent to remain away until the decision was made.

Knowing that it ultimately came down to a vote, she still would refuse to bare witness to it should the crew have voted the other way. Of course Alicia didn't doubt the morality of her friends, she knew their hearts by now even if some of them did advocate for the execution rather than sparing the girl. That being said these were strange times and they were all strangers in a strange land with unanswered questions and a severe lack of knowledge. The not knowing was easily the worst part of all this and as she awaited the unfolding of this 'gift' outside, she couldn't help but release a sigh as she looked out towards the distance as if to try and gather some some of understanding for their surroundings with this quiet moment alone.

After some minutes passed she'd flinch a little as the girl suddenly left the tent, exchanging a glance with her before the girl seemed to run off into the distance. Alicia exhaled once again between her lips, a more content expression as it seemed the crew hadn't succumbed to the temptation of an easier path forwards. Even should this girl prove to be a problem later down the line, she was confident they could all confront it together and find a way in which to overcome it, just as they had done against every threat which had lead them here. What was one more opponent in a proverbial ocean of enemies that'd risen higher with every new adventure. She turned and joined with the others once again, moving herself to stand beside Hanako with silver eyes briefly resting on Emil.

At the mention of Seliria her eyes widened a little, almost having completely forgotten that she'd taken off ahead of them into Facade and hadn't seen her since. As the discussions continued within the arena she wondered if the older woman had been confronted with her own memories, or her own echo for that matter. Seliria had a sharp intuition and whatever she'd learned could prove invaluable if they could only catch up to her to find out what she'd learnt from her time alone in this strange world. "Hmm? wait, what?" her thoughts were interrupted as she looked up to see Nali volunteering them into a battle. She looked towards Zilia and was about to step forward to back her up when suddenly they were enveloped by a glow and transported away.

She released a small groan on the other side. "I'm starting to get really tired of being thrust towards different locations on a whim... " she commented as she raised a hand to her head, glancing up towards the approaching forces whom seemed to recognize them and divert their charge at the last moment. This was complicating things further now, for if they were to attack anyone they would be picking a side and if they didn't there would be questions for why they hadn't acted at all. At least that's what made sense despite the lack of logic this place seemed to exude at the best of times. She once again found herself looking towards Zilia, giving a nod. "Agreed, we should meet up with her an-" the sudden blizzard falling upon them had her raising an arm to guard her face.

The chill was reminiscent of Norja, albeit with a harsher bite to it against exposed skin. If Luro hadn't been fast to clear it with his glove Alicia would have expelled her own elemental flourish to rid the icy torrent. She straightened and turned her attention towards a familiar voice, her eyes first moving towards Hanako before swiftly moving towards Nako, the culprit for the newly made statues which now littered the area. Her brow lowered as the echo of her sister spoke, a displeasure on her features in the way she spoke and the enthusiasm in which she issued her challenge. The press of Nako's thumb against the guard of her sword wasn't lost on Alicia, the subtle movement something she was very familiar with.

"Overconfidence precedes carelessness." she responded as she stepped forward a few steps towards this other version of her sister. Alicia didn't reach for her sword nor take any obvious stance, though her hand rested atop her saya just below the tsuba with her thumb poised beneath it. "So which are you?" she asked simply as she fixed Nako with her gaze. It was strange to see a version of Hanako like this, her choice in attire aside the mannerisms in how she grinned were unsettling, not to mention the eagerness to fight and take on so many tough opponents. She couldn't even imagine her own Hanako attempting to take on the crew all at once like that. So either this echo of Hanako was stronger or perhaps hadn't been as well taught by her counterpart if at all. More questions would surely arise from this encounter, at least for Alicia.

• Love
Runali.jpg

"Well! Glad that's all said and done." Runali clasped her hands together as the woman was freed and Jackie revealed the truth. "Something tells me you're not very sorry, but with the way you tried to murder my chef when we first met, I can't say I'd be too surprised either." Much like everything in Facade, they were pushed from one moment to the next. From tent, to arena, to battlefield. Had she been paying any closer attention, she was sure she would have had the same whiplash Alicia did. "Hear, hear." Runali hummed in agreement to Alicia's sentiment. "Augh, I didn't get to ask about her eyes again. One easy thing would be nice. Just-" She jumped at the sudden chill, scrambling behind Luro to be blocked from the wind. "Alright, I'll deal with being tossed on a battlefield but I draw the line throwing us anywhere winter is the prominent season!"

Realizing that the weather was not permanent, she perked up a little and her hand caught fire just like when she had her gloves. Fiery wisps spread across the ground to melt the frost across it. She left the soldiers to Jack, knowing he had a more delicate touch with that kind of thing. "There we go. That's more… Hanako?" She looked between her own Feians and the one standing before them. Runali couldn't help but give an impressed low whistle. "Hana, Tashigi, do you want to take the lead? This doesn't feel like a Jackie situation. Nako here looks like fighting is the only option." Runali crossed her arms in thought. "Unless this is another Jackie situation and she's trying to prove something… Hey! Don't you know your captain- Nali. Red hair. Blindfold. Yeah, we're at a truce! The Echo Stardusk like us now!"

1714099577101.png
1714099561924.png
Nako (Echo Banner).png

The moment Alicia stepped forward the girl's grin only widened, her whole body seemed to tremble which if not for the shine in her eyes one would think it was fear. The girl seemed to be barely holding back at this point, whatever kept her from rushing forward was slowly fading away.
It was uncertain if she had even heard Runali as her eyes focused on Alicia Tashigi, she seemed to wait as the swordswoman spoke to her, perhaps out of politeness maybe curiosity either way she was patient enough to listen to her at the very least.
"Call if whatever you'd like...it led me here with the opportunity to face you...though if I had to answer I'd say neither. I can feel the echoes of the Power of Destruction coming off you...it's washing over me like a wave. Even if it's an imitation of it how am I supposed to hold back when you're putting out this much!"
The girl fully drew her blade in one motion and a frosty gale suddenly filled the area, the crew found themselves caught in a whirlwind of frost cutting them off from the outside world. The blade which Luro thought would be black was a cerulean blue and all was reflected in the blade itself including them, it looked almost fragile, at least at a casual glance. The edge however was well refined and as she turned the blade slightly in her grip she raised it up pointing it at Hanako and Alicia.
"Everyone else got to measure you. I think I'm due my turn, truce or not. I made sure no one would interrupt us."
"Oh she did hear you Captain," Luro said flexing his hand as flames appeared in them. "Guess we're killing Hanako then."
"Let's try not to kill her," Zilia said sighing. "Especially in front of our Hanako. Also at least say Nako."
"Draw your blades and let's really enjoy ourselves! Other me you especially better make this interesting!"
Nako's left eye lit up into a light blue flame and she leapt forward towards the crew. She went right for Alicia and extended her blade.
Which ended up right back in her sheath.

Zilia who was a step away from jumping in herself was confused by what had happened, Nako also seemed just as confused by her wide eyes and her focus on the sheath, which was being held in the air and had caught her sword before it could even approach Alicia.
Luro's eyes followed the one holding her sheath and after Nako looked at her side to confirm that her sheath had indeed been taken from her, she followed the hand holding it to meet the red eye of her sister Tashi.
It was then all the color immediately drained from her face, Tashi gently raised the sheath up slightly making Nako release the sword before bringing her younger sister's blade to her own side.
"When did Tashi..." Zilia mumbled trailing off as she relaxed her form slightly
"A-Amue...w-what are you doing here?'
"I could ask you the same question Nako. Why are you attacking Stardusk whom we have a truce with."
"U-um...t-that. I have a proper explanation for this Tashi-Amue, I...um hold on."
Zilia could say one thing for certain, this Nako reminded them of their Hanako, the girl was clearly in a small panic, stumbling over her words and her body seemed to shrink as she tried to figure a way out of the hole she had dug herself into.
Tashi sighed before turning to the crew, she lowered her body into a deep bow making Nako jump a bit.
"A-amue?"
"...I apologize for Nako's display just now. I hope this does not sour your opinion of her, the fault lies with me on her disruptive behavior."
"A-amue t-that's not-"
Nako looked at the crew before bowing herself.
"P-please don't blame Amue, it's my fault. I got too excited. I'm sorry for attacking you."
"No Nako the blame lies with me," Tashi said raising her body. "I helped train you, should you draw your blade on someone who does not deserve it, then that fault lies with me for not guiding you properly."
"I...I'm sorry Amue. I really didn't mean anything bad by it. I just wanted to spar a little..." Nako said raising her body as well.
"You coulda just asked," Luro said letting the fire fade. "We can fight whenever."
"I-I figured, especially with you. When I sensed the Power of Destruction though my mind kind of just...shut off. I haven't felt Amue's power in a bit so...it was like getting a sweet candy after going without it for a bit."

Tashi (Echo Banner).png
Zilia watched the two for a moment and it did seem Nako was done wanting to fight them, she was more curious why Tashi was here than anything else, though she had a feeling who it involved.
"What brings you here by the way Tashi?" Zilia asked.
"I came to stop Nako from starting a needless fight, Adelaide informed me she ran this way with a grin on her face."
"....Adelaide-tai'n..." Nako mumbled pulling her hat down a bit. "She told on me..."
Tashi looked over at Nako causing her to flinch before straightening up.
"I also came to inform you of something as well. You met the other Sovereign correct?"
"No not yet," Zilia said. "We met the Regiment Leader and Shey...well other Shey."
"...of course they did not tell you. Well you did meet her," Tashi said adjusting her eyepatch.
Zilia arched a brow at the swordwoman who pointed in the direction of the camp, though the blizzard still blocked their sight.
"Avnia is the other Soverign. The Queen of Facade."
"...huh?" Zilia questioned causing Tashi to shake her head.
"She does not like being called Queen on the battlefield, she is just another soldier in her eyes so she did not introduce herself as such. However she is without a doubt the other Sovereign of Facade and the one Captain wanted you to meet. Jackie was probably too busy to explain it and Captain...is Captain explanations generally are not her thing."
"You mean Seliria's fighting a Sovereign! Isn't that really bad."
"Seliria will be fine,"
Tashi said. "She is just buying time so I doubt she will be fighting seriously."

A whole new slew of questions came up but a glow surrounded Stardusk, similar to the one that had brought them there.
"Seems she is calling you back soon. I apologize again for Nako's actions. Luro influenced her a bit too much in her youth...but the fault lies with me for not dealing with that behavior even now."
"H-hey please don't blame Luro-o'ku. I was at fault this time. I really am sorry everyone but I would love to spar with you all sometimes. Um...one on one I suppose, oh unless you want to fight one on two, or one on three!"
"Nako."
"I'm sorry, just one on one."
Nako turned to the crew and bowed slightly again.
"Tashi-Amue may I have my blade back."
"No."
"Huh?"
"1,000 swings in the dojo with the wooden blade then I will give it back. Your form was off."
"...my form I thought you were mad I attacked them!"
"I am upset about that but your form shifted a bit in your initial attack."
"Is that really as important as me attacking them, can't we let that go?"
"That is that and this is this," Tashi said. "I will be watching you during, if I see you slip up again even slightly we will start from the beginning."
"A-Amue that's so mean! Other Amue please explain this is just cruel!"
Nako looked at Alicia pleading, just as the glow fully surrounded the crew's body dragging them off the battlefield.

When the glow faded the crew found themselves back in the arena and Avnia stood in front of them, Nali was by her side munching on an apple which judging by the basket of them Shey was holding came from her.
"I apologize for not meeting you on the battlefield as I said I would. I pulled you back here as soon as I could. That Seliria is a very strong woman, it's a shame she's working as a mercenary for the other side right now...I hope I can hire her again."
Avnia said this and Luro after grabbing an apple from Shay looked over at her.
"Lady you're the queen right?"
Avnia looked over at Luro at this and offered a small nod to him.
"I am the queen of Facade yes. Though at the moment I am just a normal soldier."
"Just like Tashi said..." Zilia mumbled.
"...I suppose I should speak with you as the queen of Facade giving what Nali explained to me," Avnia said moving her sword to her waist.

Avnia took a deep breath and released it, as she did the air around the woman seemed to shift, a sudden weight suddenly slammed into Stardusk as if the air itself tried to push them backward, but the feeling faded quickly. The woman shifted her stance slightly and folded her hand under her chest as she met eyes with the crew again. In one moment the woman had changed the way she carried herself, initially a rough and tumble soldier, she now carried a certain grace to her but she didn't turn her eyes down to them as Imposter did, she met them eye to eye as she spoke, a bit of gravitas added to her voice as if it had always been there.
"Nali has explained the situation to me. You are Untouched so I would be more than happy to work with you. If you are open to it I can send you back to your world as well."
Zilia's eyes widened a bit at this and Avnia gave a small nod as if to confirm her unspoken question.
"I'll save you a long explanation but I am a Sovereign, I used to be human so I can explain it very simply. I am a Sovereign who controls the 'Present', Imposter controls the 'Past' and 'Future' which means I can send you back to where you were."
"Imposter did mention something about having to send us a few minutes into the future if he sent us back," Luro said. "...I think. Is that cause of you queen lady."
"...please forgive Luro, we'd appreciate if you didn't decapitate him," Zilia said.
"It's fine I dislike formality, you may call me what you wish," Avnia said with a nod. "Avnia is fine by me."
Clearing her throat she continued where she left
"That's correct. I stole the 'Present' when I became Sovereign, it's also the reason why he can't leave. You need a 'Past', 'Present' and 'Future' to enter the world after all. I of course also can't enter the world but I have no interest in such things. I just want that bastard dead."
Avnia said this her eyes narrowing slightly.
"I would like to enlist your aide Stardusk. I understand like the Echoes you are working with Imposter against your will. I need Cores just like Impoter does, if you would bring some to me and help my side of the war, then I would be more than happy to send you back. However you do still need your bodies and souls to go back. Once I rid the world of that monster your bodies should be revealed, of course should you find them beforehand I will send you back beforehand too, you are prisoners here after all."
"Won't Imposter try kill us if we go betraying him," Luro said tossing an apple to Jack. "He's killed for less. Pretty sure he killed someone over good tea at some point."
"I understand it is a risk...but working with him is a much bigger one in my opinion. I won't ask you to bring me every Core you get, I understand needing to maintain your safety with him and to my knowledge the Echoes are looking for your true selves now. Again I will send you back immediately if you find them, if they can't be found then taking his territory is the only other option. I've clashed with him in the Great Enclave...but we always end up in a draw. Taking his land is the only option."
"...just ending up in draw with Imposter is impressive," Zilia said.
"Well I am a Sovereign, my power matches his for the most part, but I can't enter his territory or I'll be erased, same with him. Thus if I keep winning and take his territory-"
"Eventually Imposter will have no choice but to enter her territory and boop erased. Win-win for everyone," Nali said stepping into the conversation. "Man it's a good thing you guys have zero ties to Imposter, isn't that great."
Nali said this with a smile but it was pretty clear she was saying to 'play along' in her own way.
"Otherwise Avnia here would erase you without hesitation."
Avnia started to speak further but Shey approached her, the woman leaned down as the maid whispered to her.
"I see...I apologize but I have to deal with a quick matter. I'll be back in a moment, please consider my proposition."
With a small nod the woman walked away with Shey and Nali approached the group offering a small smile to them.
"Congratulations, you know have options. How does it feel to have other possibilities at your disposal," Nali said resting her hands on her hips. "Avnia's a woman of her word too. I mean you kinda gotta lie about the whole being you know...fake Imposters but unlike Imposter she's not listening to our every word so you know that's nice."
Nali looked back at the crew and offered a shrug.
"It's up to you what you do...but we wanted to give you more options at least. Jackie put a lot of work into getting your story together, I got you here but she did most of the legwork, she is still the spymaster after all, a few forged documents, and the right words said in the right place are her specialty...though well Jack you know that all too well."
"I'll admit I was surprised to see you here Nali..." Zilia said. "Not that it's not welcome, especially with all this, so why are you here?"
"Shouldn't be that surprising," Nali said. "Do I really seem like the kind of person to just roll over and do what someone tells me to do? I'm in Facade for my crew, their safety is my priority which means I'm going to use every means at my disposal for them, simple as that. I just used my previous connections to help you all at the same time. We can't leave yet...but you all don't belong here, we all agree on that."
Nali looked back at the crew and motioned towards the camp as a whole, to the people going about their days, some shining their weapons, other playing games, a few eating Shey's cooking.
"I'd at least consider the offer so you can utilize Avnia's side as well, of course if something is bothering you then just tell me. Oh and Adelaide told me about Nako's...'welcome' earlier. Sorry bout that, Luro always says-"
"Good friends punch each other in the face," Luro said. "Other me has taught her well. I've said those things to people before."
"Tashi would disagree but yes," Nali said with a small chuckle. "Anyway if you need to know something about Avnia before you make a decision just ask me. I know pretty much everything at this point. You can walk around the camp, get your bearings if you want. I'll wait here and let Avnia know you're still thinking about it. Do what you need too. Shey is also a really good listener."

Avnia Banner (Post Reveal).png

HGN7hir.png

"I feel like I should be offended." she replied in response to Nako explaining that she was seemingly exuding her power from her being. "You make it sound like a bad smell." she added, gesturing in the air with her hand as she spoke. She'd thought she were holding back her aura, the way she had done before realeasing it during her duel against Mari way back during a prior adventure. She also recalled having to keep her aura in check to prevent Cedric from keeling over whenever he was nearby, back when she'd been teaching him how to manifest power.

She tilted her head slightly to position her ear in order to hear Runali ask for both her and Hanako to handle the situation before her eyes narrowed towards Hanako's echo, Nako seeming to be moving upon them to engage. Alicia noticed something immediately in the way Nako moved and she released a small sigh. "This will be resolved quickly." she replied as she moved her hand towards Shusui after having noticed the very clear fault in Nako's form. Such a fault was a big problem facing against an experienced sworswoman and it'd take such experience to notice and exploit it.

But her hand stopped short of Shusui's hilt, fingers curling before she moved her hands neatly behind her back. She saw her other self slip through the wall of wind at a speed very few could observe and knew that Tashi would be upon Nako long before she'd have need of her black blade. She closed her eyes for a moment as the two exchanged and spoke, opening them only to see her own echo delivering an apology with a sincere bow. "All is well, your apology is accepted." Alicia replied respectifully with an incline of her head. She would have done exactly the same had Hanako done something similiar.

Though perhaps that was obvious given they were dealing with versions of themselves. She moved to fold her arms across her chest when Tashi made mention of how Nako would be punished, silver eyes moving towards Nako at her plea. "Actually, I agree with Tashi." she replied. She might have said more but it seemed they were being pulled away once again, something she was trying her hardest not to be annoyed about considering they were yet again being forcefully moved someplace else. Though the interaction did give her something of an idea to consider and one would have to ask her other self about when the time came.

Once again they were all back with Avnia whom they had only just learned was the other Soveriegn but while her words given alongside Nali's expanations were comforting to a degree, there were details which didn't quite sit right for Alicia. "Friends don't punch each other in the face Luro... " she sighed as she looked at him with half lidded eyes. "And if you did I'd make you personally empty every last bottle of rum over the side of Lady Luck." she added, putting in a consequence that was one of the few she knew of that Luro would actually want to try and avoid happening. She turned her attention back towards Avnia after she excused herself before turning her attention to Nali. "I would be interested in knowing the consequences, personally." she began. "If Avnia controls the present and Imposter holds the past and future, wouldn't killing Imposter cause stagnation?" she felt the opposite was implied through her line of questioning. "Or does she gain control of those aspects through his death?"