Not open for further replies.
S

Snowday

Original poster
Pine Crest
Snowboarding Academy

Quaerentes enim per Viam Suam
~

Welcome, welcome! Do wipe your feet before you enter - hah, just kidding. Could you imagine? We've got snow tracked from here to the janitor's closet. Good thing it just melts, anyway. You'd be hard-pressed to find a dry spot in this joint. The stairs to the basement have their own little waterfall - the Bergfalk Falls, the kids call it. Oh, but we've saved a dry chair for you - and some hot cocoa. Or do you prefer cider? We have that, as well. Eggnog? No, sorry. This is a teen institution, after all. Nothing alcoholic.

Anyways, welcome to the Lodge, as we call it. It used to be an actual lodge for an actual ski resort, right here in the scenic Cascade Mountains. Well, we're the only ones using it now - the place went out of business before the poor saps could even touch half the powder on this mountain. A shame, really. It's a great mountain. But when my old man said he wanted to start a school for snowboarders, he wasn't kidding. Bought the old place, fixed it right up. Now we're operating a lovely little business here. Teens from all across the country get out of regular old school for a month or two over the winter to go to Boarding School - good thing it's worth college credit, or else they'd all be flunking out of school.

I'm Felix, by the way - well, Mr. Bergfalk, really. That's what we tell the kids to call me, but Bergfalk is a pretty lame last name. Just call me Felix, eh? I'm the head instructor. And you are?

~
Name:
Age (13 - 19 for students, 20+ for staff):
Personality Strengths:
Personality Weaknesses:
Snowboarding Skill:
Snowboard:
How many years has s/he been attending (1 if first year)?:
Staff Position (if any):
Sexual Orientation/Crush:
Other:

~
Well, it's nice to meet you! We're just prepping for the season right now, and we'd love to have you on the team. We've got staff positions open for all kinds of things - instructors, medics, cooks, ski patrol, the works. But then again, you might be here to enroll. If that's the case, welcome! Let me show you around the lodge.
Over there, right where you were before - that's the entryway. Just a niche in front of the doors for your jackets and gear. Also, you've probably figured out by now what those drains in the floor are for. Try and kick most of the snow off here, please. We do our boarding outdoors. Speaking of which, stow your boards and boots on the racks to your left, your jackets on the racks to your right, and your helmets and goggles in the cubbies by the door.

Where we're sitting now goes by a few names - the cafeteria. The mess hall. Where's the food? It's about a lot more than food, though. Well, not really. Either way, I call it the commons. Students come here for their meals. Gotta carbo-pack, ya know? But they tend to do a lot of chit-chatting here, as well. As you can see, it's a nice, large, high-ceilinged room, situated in a corner of the lodge that enables half of its walls to be not walls, but windows. A nice scenic view of the mountain. The tables and chairs are a bit ramshackle, yes, but if some teen is going to tromp in here and plant their wet little butt on my chairs, they had better not be padded. We already have problems with sickness around here, and we don't need mold to worsen things. Ooh, and the fireplace! My favorite.

Now, you probably saw the hallway branching off from the entryway. That leads to a few things. First off are the bathrooms. What's there to know? They're gross. I'll spare you the details.

After that is the lounge. For the staff, of course. Students aren't allowed in there. It's got some nice, padded chairs, a coffee maker, and a nice little stove - like a mini fireplace. It's small, but comfortable. We're a hardworking bunch, yaknow? Gotta unwind from time to time.

After that are four identical doors, two on each side of the hall. These are the staff bedrooms. Again, a bit nicer than the student dorm. Each has two bunk beds and four sets of drawers - not to mention a personal gear rack? Still want to turn down that staff application?

Then we have a couple of offices at the end of the hall. One is my dad's. He works all damn day. No one is allowed to disturb him while he's working. God, he hates that office. The other one is mine. I hate it too. We'd both rather be on the mountain, but paperwork piles up. No one's allowed in my office, either, but especially not dad's. Seriously.

Okay, okay. Back to the commons. Did you notice the little staircase, over by the fireplace? I didn't, at first. It's a little dark. But lets go up - watch your step - to the den. Make no mistake, it's like the commons, only smaller and with better seating. This is where the students go to chill without me breathing down their necks. We've got some nice, comfy seating, and what I call the plotting table. We've got a laminated map of the mountain glued to the table with some whiteboard markers. It's for planning your route. Go nuts. Really, this place is just for bumming around, especially when we're snowed in.

Now, you may have noticed the two doors leading from this room. One goes to the infirmary. Yeah, we get injuries. People try the big jump. They screw up the big jump. They come here with bruises and bumps and even broken bones. You better hope it ain't broken, or else you're off the mountain. You can opt to stay with your friends for the rest of the winter, but you're not going near a snowboard. Or your parents can come pick you up, if you like. Your choice. Another big problem around here is sickness. Flu and Pneumonia are the big ones, but if WebMD lists "fever" or "chills" as a symptom, we've probably seen it around here. We've just got some slightly nicer beds, some nice, clear windows, and some lovely medics. Seriously, I'd take the flu over the splint if I were you. You can't enjoy the cute nurses when you're screaming in pain.

Last but not least, we have the dorm. It's a big room, almost as big as the commons, with enough bunk beds to support our entire population. It's not terribly comfortable if you're not lying in a bed, but what's a bedroom for, anyways? Under each bunk are two trunks for your things. You get one trunk and one trunk only. Seriously. All crap left out of a trunk will be confiscated by the janitor and held for ransom. Now, you may have noticed that there are no "girl" or "boy" dorms - just one big dorm. We do this because, one, we can't afford a divider at the moment, and two, we trust you not to do anything stupid. You're not little kids. And, um, don't tell my dad I said this, but... whatever happens, happens. I'm chill. In fact... and keep this quiet, please... if you really, really must, I have condoms available in my office. It's not as if I encourage it, but I'd rather you not get someone pregnant. Cool? Cool.

Oh, are you allergic to cats? 'Cause this our lodge cat, Burton. Heh, get it? Like the big-name snowboard brand? He's real nice. A little too nice, I'd say. He likes to climb on top of students while they're sleeping and take a nap right on top of them. We have to shut him out of the infirmary when we've got patients. Just be nice to him, okay?
~
Well, that concludes our tour. However, I believe we still need to go over the rules, correct?

IC RULES

-During class hours, keep within sight of your instructor, and above all, listen to him or her.

-During free board, or FB, as we call it, you're free to go out on your own, if you're experienced enough. If you can find an instructor who's up for it, you could also go out for a class extension. This is good if you lack experience.

-Respect your Academy, your classmates, and yourself.

-My dad doesn't like it when people swear or have sex, but I'm the head instructor, and I'm okay with it as long as you don't go flapping your little tongues to the old man, alright?

-Look, we don't ask much of you... don't be a douche, okay?

OOC RULES
-As previously stated, swearing and sex are both A-okay, but let's not swear 24 times in every post or have sex every night. Be reasonable. And if you want to actually post about the sex itself, put it in a spoiler so that no one who doesn't want to see it sees it.

-A little bit of OOC chitter-chatter in the roleplay thread is fine, but let's keep the majority of it to the OOC thread, right here.

-Don't be mean. Don't argue. Be good people. Please.

-Don't be discouraged from joining if you're not a snowboarder IRL. Seriously this rule is really important. I can teach you the lingo and stuff. Don't be shy! I may correct you if you break the laws of snowboard physics, though.

-I hate Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus. Nobody's character is a record-setting snowboarder in the olympics. Nobody has sooper speshul flying/telepathy/animal-talking powers. Nobody's parent named them Crystal Icemoonmoonfluff. I will have none of this Sue BS.

-Make sure your posts have decent length. We're intermediate for a reason.

-Be active and develop plots with us. We love you!

-Have fun. If you don't have fun I'm kicking you, telling staff, calling 911 and filing a report with the police. See you in jail SUCKA.
~

Current Residents

-Staff-
Felix G. Bergfalk, Head Instructor
Gustav Bergfalk, Owner, former Head Instructor
Dakota Winters, Instructor
Malakai Kirkland, Medic
Elana Peters, Ski Patrol
Chiara Jackson, Medic
Saransatsr Temurjin, Instructor

-Students-
Serenity A. Jones, 16 (first year)
Maddison A. Williams, 17 (first year)
Mark Weilberg, 18 (first year)
Damion Weilberg, 18 (first year)

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/pine-crest-snowboarding-academy-ic.82260/

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Name
"You don't know my name by now Sugar? Dakota, you know like the state? Winters. Pretty goofy huh?"
Dakota Winters

"Welp I'm old enough to work here, that's for damn sure."

"Last time I checked, I had a pair of tits"
Female

Appearance (pic and/or description):
4e987f04135aa7a9ca4747aa2b23e5a5.jpg

Personality Strengths:
"Well."
-Trustworthy
-Confident
-Creative
-Ambitious
-Persistent
-Brave

Personality Weaknesses:
"Oh please.."
-Egocentric
-Blunt
-Rude
-Sarcastic

Snowboarding Skill:
"I'm pretty darn good, if you ask me. But hey, you be the judge of that"
Advanced. She's been snowboarding since she was fourteen years old.

Snowboard:
"Pretty kicking eh?"
images

How
many years has s/he been attending (1 if first year)?:
"I think like three years or somethin?"
3 Years
Staff Position (if any):

"Instructor! Damn is it fun."
Instructor

"Girls. Boys. Both are pretty damn sexy"
Bisexual
Other:

N/A

Reactions: Whisper
large.gif

Name:

"Hey! I'm Serenity! Serenity Angel Jones."

Serenity Angelique Jones

image.jpg

"I just got my drivers license a few weeks ago!"

Just turned 16, 2weeks ago

"Hmmm, Well I don't remember having a dick so I think the answers quite obvious. Right!"

A chick

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Personality Strengths:

"I'm pretty strong, and that's a good thing right?"

+ Is sweet when she wants to be
+ Is pretty intelligent

+ Serenity is always full of energy unless she's sad or sick
+ She can be childish most of the time but the girl can be pretty mature when she needs to
+ She's brave and will often stick up for others
+ She's the opposite if being a snitch, she'll watch your back as long as you watch hers
+ She's pretty good at judging characteristics of people and is observant of those around her
+ She truthful and blunt with her feelings. She can accept her flaws and assist people in finding theirs

Personality Weaknesses:

"..."

- There's days when she lacks confidence in herself
- She wears her heart on her sleeve
- She's no snitch but she can be a bitch, her sharp tongue gets her in trouble
- Mischief and Curiosity, as if her mouth doesn't get her in enough trouble the girl. She seeks out trouble sometimes
- There are days when she simply wanders off aimlessly paying zero attention to those around her.

Snowboarding Skill:

"I'm starting to learn how to snowboard!"

A beginner

Snowboard:

Blue_Fire_Snowboard_by_angus147258.jpg

"I haven't really been here too long."

It's her first year at the academy.

Staff Position (if any):

"Huh? I'm not an old lady."

N/A

"I'm straight."

Crush=Tbd
S.O.=Hetero.

Other:

"Shh...I'm not telling you."

~~Secrets~~

image.jpg

tumblr_mfh9kmmX8f1s0zdfmo1_500.gif

Reactions: Powerless_
Lovely lovely everyone! Feel free to jump into the roleplay thread whenever you're ready, but try not to get too crazy until we have a few more members. The link to the thread is at the bottom of the first post. :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Name:
"Malakai Kirkland is my name, love...."
Malakai Kirkland
"I'm 20...."
He's 20
Male
Appearance:
Sherlock_Holmes_(Cumberbatch).png

Personality:

"I believe I'm a fairly nice person"
*Caring
*Eager to help
*Quick witted
*Smart

Strengths:
"I am skilled with medicine...snowboarding not so much"
Despite being average on the snowboard he can still manuver It and get around on the snow, but his talents lie In the medical fields
Personality Weaknesses:
"Not going to lie, I'm not the most patient..."
*Impatient
*Messy
*Jokes around

Snowboarding Skill:
"I'm average...."
He can get around but dont expect him to be doing tricks, they would need to hire a new medic If he did
Snowboard:
Biohazard_Snowboard_Design_by_Mai_Ekaki.jpg

"First time working here..."
Malakai was always Interested In working In the school, he loved snowboarding as well, so when he came of age he decided that being a doctor was the way to go
Staff Position (if any):
"I'm the medic, I'm pleased to say you all have an excellent bill of health, keep It that way loves."
Medic

"Straight...I haven't a crush yet."
He's open for a crush
Other:
"...."
He has a britsh accent

Reactions: Whisper
Accepted! I'll add you. Feel free to jump in. Also, if anyone's wondering, all staff are already at the academy at this point.

Name:
Maddison Amethyst Williams
Maddison was born in February, thus resulting in her middle name, Amethyst, since the birthstone of February is Amethyst.

Not exactly "sweet sixteen" but not of legal age. Bummer, huh?

Well. That depends. Looking at her non-existent boobs, many mistake her for a pre-pubescent male.

Emily Rudd.jpg

Well, guess her girl-ish features make up for her non-existent boobs.

Personality Strengths:
Loyal
She's what you call a forever friend. Never, will she be the one that back-stabs you. However, if she doesn't like you, she's quite stubborn, so good like changing herview.
Caring
Even if you end up betraying her, she'll still worry about you.
"I wonder how Christina is doing. I hope she is eating breakfast everyday like she's supposed to."
"Maddison, are you crazy? Isn't she the bitch that stole your iPod?"
"Yeah... But that doesn't mean that I want her to destroy her body."
However, even Maddison has her limits.

Social
Not really much of shy one, Maddison will always say what's on her mind, and isn't afraid of meeting new people.
"Hey Mads, does this dress make me look fat?"
"Yeah, around your hips. Don't get me wrong, gorgeous, cause you're gorgeous." *Laughs*

Personality Weaknesses:
Stubborn, very stubborn
"Maddison, one plus one equals two."
"No, it equals four."
"No it doesn't."
"Maddison it equals-"
"No."
"Maddi-"
"No,"
"Ma-"
"NO."

Sassy, maybe too sassy
"Your shoes don't match your outfit, Maddie."
"Yeah? Well your shoes sure matches your outfit. Both are ugly."

Insecure
Her sarcasm and outgoing attitude may make her seem confident and just fullof it, but in reality she's insecure. Then again, who isn't?

Snowboarding Skill:
Well, she's what you would call a "newbie" at snowboarding. She's hoping to learn some neat tricks to prove all the people who called her un-athletic wrong. Basically, everyone.

Snowboard:

She went with a plain black one, with a single baby pink heart in the middle. She figured, no one was really going to look at the snowboard, and she was there to learn, not look good. Besides, who cares what the snowboard looks like if the girl on top is much better eye candy? *Wink Wink* It's called sarcasm, please add it to your dictionary.

How many years has she/he been attending (1 if first year)?:

We all start somewhere.

Staff Position (if any):

No one.
Not really particularly interested at this point. Focused on proving everybody she belongs in the olympics. *sarcasm*

Other:
~

Name: Mark Weilberg

Age (13 - 19 for students, 20+ for staff): 18

Appearance: Mark has wavy brown hair that's always combed to the right. His eyes are a colorful blue and his smile is that of one whom us very welcoming and friendly. His build is average, and he's not overly toned, but he's not weak.

Personality Strengths: He's a very kind and intelligent person. He knows how to put in the determination required to accomplish things. He's also very helpful to those around him, and he's very slow to anger.

Personality Weaknesses: He allows his brother to stick too closely to him, causing more responsibility for him, as his brother lacks a certain level of independence. He's also easily taken advantage of, and he's prone to believe what people say, so long as he doesn't already have good enough reason to disbelieve them.

Snowboarding Skill: He's never went snowboarding before, and he came so that he could teach his brother some independence.

Snowboard: A plain blue snowboard with a wavy line design going down the left side of the bottom.

How many years has s/he been attending (1 if first year)?: 1 year.

Sexual Orientation/Crush: Pansexual/That's for another time.

Other: He's hoping to get a job at the boarding school after a few years of attending. He's also Damian's older twin brother.

~~~~~

Name: Damian Weilberg

Age (13 - 19 for students, 20+ for staff): 18

Appearance: Like Mark, he also has wavy brown hair, though his is always combed to the left. His eyes are the same blue, but his smile is even more cheerful than his older brother's.

Personality Strengths: He's more of a people person than his older brother is, and he likes to hang out. While he's very reliant on his brother, he does manage on his own in certain areas. He's a clean freak, and will often be found cleaning in his spare time.

Personality Weaknesses: He relies too heavily on his brother. Unlike his brother, he's less likely to believe what others tell him, which leads to a bit of stubbornness. Other than cleaning, other things are usually done by his brother, so his cooking skills aren't that good.

Snowboarding Skill: Beginner. He's never touched one before he decided to come to the boarding school with his brother.

Snowboard: His snowboard is identical to his brother's, only with the line design on the opposite side, as a statement to them being identical brothers.

How many years has s/he been attending (1 if first year)?: 1 year.

Sexual Orientation/Crush: Pansexual/That's for later

Other: Though him and Mark are identical twins. he's actually a bit shorter than his slightly older brother.

(I have no experience in snowboarding, so please correct me if I break some snowboarding rules.)
Name:
"I'm Elana, but you can just call me Lana!"
Elana "Lana" Peters

"I'm at the ripe ol' age of 24. Now get off my lawn, yew' rotten kids!"

Female

c98e904c0c1014e6248e11b325f53b41.jpg

Personality Strengths:

"Let's see..."
*Friendly
*Caring
*Spirited
*Determined
Personality Weaknesses:
"Well, people tell me that I joke around too much...Also, I may be just a bit immature".
*Immature
*Mischievous
*Stubborn
*Impulsive

Snowboarding Skill:
"I guess I have to be good enough to rescue people..."
Intermediate
She's good at control and maneuvers, but can't really do any tricks.

Snowboard:
niche-minx-inpost1.jpg

"This'll be my second year! I hope that you youngins' missed me."
Second year on job
Staff Position (if any):
"I'm practically a superhero."
Ski patrol
"Boys, girls, non-binary, I like it all!"
Pansexual/NA
Other:
-

Name:
Chiara "Chi" Jackson

fe62d6e0fafc9ef24cea30fac5433b1b.jpg

Personality Strengths:
-Caring
-A great listener
-Loves helping others
-Loves people

Personality Weaknesses:
-Keeps to herself
-Over thinks everything
-Worries too much
-Pessimistic

Snowboarding Skill:
Intermediate; stopped snowboarding

Snowboard:
Brought with her to keep up appearances, though she has no intentions of using it.
S139CM.jpg

Second year attending as a staff member.

Staff Position (if any):
Last season she was an instructor, but this season she applied to be a medic and will help out wherever it's needed.

Straight/Open for suggestions.

Other:
Chi and Burton have a very strong relationship. When he's not snooping around he can sometimes be found cuddled up with Chiara.
Snowboarding came natural to Chi, many people told her she held great promise when she was attending the academy herself; however just last year she had a terrible snowboarding accident and tore her meniscus in her right knee. It was one of the rare cases that required surgery to fix, and after the year doctors claim that she's healthy and able enough to get back on the slopes, but she's terrified of hurting her knee again. Of course, Chiara hasn't told anyone about the injury.

CS

ALMOST 21, I'll have you know!

Personality? Man, I got tonnes of that!
Very much a family person, Sara loves being around people and having close relations with those around her. She's creative, though not really too musically inclined but definitely in the arts themselves. As a young girl, she was exuberant and highly energetic, both traits that she still has but has definitely calmed down over the years. She likes the quiet times and the loud times, both in equal measure.
Strengths:
She's pretty friendly, fairly mellow.
Weaknesses:
Hates snobs with a passion. She'd pretty sure she's gonna find a few here.
Doesn't like being touched, which is hard but she has her reasons.

Growing up on the steppes of Mongolia as been a major thing for Sara, especially in terms of her identity. She's never met someone who grew up the same way she has in the city, no-one Mongolian around her and no influences of the sort. It's a little daunting for her, being in a foreign country and landscape with no one she knows. But she relishes in the challenge of it all, loving the new flavours of the city and the fabulous scenes of everyday life, so different from her own. She began dancing by learning the traditional dances of her culture as a young girl, Biyelgee and the art of isgeree Khöömii (whistling throat singing) from her family. She started learning other dance styles when they travelled closer to a main city, with a dance studio and instructors willing to take her on. And then she begun learning to ski and board four years ago when she joined the Academy, as a student and then as an instructor. She's pretty good, in her own honest opinion but she hopes to get that affirmed by more practice fairly soon.

large.jpg

Snowboard:
DC_sboard.jpg

Snowboarding skill:
Intermediate.
POSITION:
Instructor and also helps out on patrol.

Sexual Orientation:
Undecided. Everyone is attractive at the moment.​

Name:
Asbel Ashford

Name's Asbel.

Still young, and living the life.

Yeah, last time I checked I had a dick.

Appearance:
image.jpg

Personality Strengths:
-Intelligent
-Kind
-Caring
-Being cocky
-Determined
-Loyal

You see? I'm not a big bad wolf.

Personality Weaknesses:
-Immature (at times)
-Hot tempered (only if you piss him off though...
-Sarcastic

Shh.

Snowboarding Skill:
Expert. He's been snowboarding since he was 13, but it was in another school.

Yeah, I'm pretty badass, if I do say so myself.

Snowboard:
image.jpg

How many years has (s)he been attending?:

I know my way around here.

Staff Position:
Instructor and goes out on Patrol

I'll teach you the ways of badassery.

Straight.
Isn't with anybody at the moment though.

Straight as a chopstick.

Other:
He loves the thrill of going down the mountain at top speed without killing himself. He often stays up at night to watch the stars.

They're pretty amazing. Orion's Belt, the Big Dipper and- wait, I'm boring you, aren't I?

Name: Mac Spears
Age (13 - 19 for students, 20+ for staff): 17
Appearance:
5329735.jpg
Personality Strengths: Headstrong, Modest, Strong willed, Perfectionist
Personality Weaknesses: Headstrong, Perfectionist, semi-rebellious, rare but can be arrogant
Snowboarding Skill: Beginner, "I am the greatest at snowboarding! At least in the video games..."
Snowboard:
Capture.JPG
How many years has s/he been attending (1 if first year)?: 1
Sexual Orientation/Crush: Straight, says he has a girlfriend back home, most likely lying
Other: Mac tends to stick to his tech and nerd stuff, then when snowboarding games started becoming popular in his town mac decided to search for a way to be as cool as the people in the video game. He has a satchel "It is not a man-purse! Or a purse at all!" that he lugs around, it holds a few tech things and a headlamp he made himself. (Its just like a normal mining headlamp) Likes the darkness. "Its better for seeing the screen!"
( See below)
Weight: 140 lb
Height: 5'7"
Blood Type: AB+
Stance: Regular

ColemanHeadlamp.jpg

img-thing.jpg

mask.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Quiet Souris
Accepted! You may roleplay when you're ready. ;)

Name:
"Jordan. Jordan Becker."
Jordan Becker

"Sixteen."

"Female."
Female.

tumblr_lxonyiHICJ1qlb8a4o1_1280.png

Personality Strengths:

"Find out for yourself?"

-Kindhearted