1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Historical, fantasy, magic, horror, supernatural, survival, vampires, demons, pirates, mutants, ghosts, romance (FxF, MxM, MxF) (Romance should be part of the plot and not the whole plot in itself), etc.
INFO: They say that a picture can tell a thousand words. How many can you find?

Each week a new image will be posted, and your challenge will be to write whatever the image inspires you to write. It can be anything as long as it relates to the picture. A plot, a scene, a short story, a poem, a character, etc. You can write as much or as little as you wish. It's not the length that matters, it's what you put into it. There is no time limit to these challenges, so feel free to jump in at any time.

calibration_by_wildweasel339-d6o6ddc.jpg

(Source)​

"Goddamn it, Edward! This is NOT what I meant by 'lend me a hand'!"

"Are you sure you're doing it right?"

Janie looked up from the shoulder she was fixing to look me in the eyes, a withering gaze that had me a little scared of saying anything. "Dude, you came to me because you know I can fix you up. I've been doing this stuff for years, years! Now shut up before I mess it up on purpose."

I let out a nervous chuckle before trying to make myself seem anything but worried. "I just wanted to see that face of yours get grumpy; you know you look so pretty when you're angry."

"I look even prettier with my fist smashing against your nose. Now shut up already. I'm hungry and it's your turn to cook."

"Alright, alright..." I piped down, deciding to let her work in peace. For all her snappiness, I wouldn't have traded my wife for all the simpering idiots in the world.

Last edited:
Grabbing the chisel, Brynn began tapped the bent pin back into place. "You're lucky you just bent the pin and didn't pull the whole thing off and have to go back into surgery.." She said giving Buck a stern look. "What were you doing anyway? I swear you are the only Biomach I have these problems with."

Buck couldn't look her in the eyes, "Well...you know...stuff happens."

Brynn sighed, "Only to you apparently. Give...what did this to my arm. I need to make adjustments apparently."

Buck cleared his throat, "Arm wrestling."

Brynn almost dropped the chisel, "What?"

Buck dipped his head, "Arm wrestling...*cough*...for money.."

"For the love of Venus...Give me strength."

Buck winced when she hit the hammer on his human skin on purpose. "I seriously didn't think it would break...I mean...your stuff never breaks...and I needed a few ..."

"Just stop...you're making it worse." She said as she grabbed the arm back and looked at it. The pin was no way going to hold up to that kind of abuse. She'd jsut spent that time fixing it for nothing. She grabbed the pliers and unscrewed is and went over to her work bench. "You have to wait while I make something custom...not that you deserve it...and I am not trying to help you gamble either..."

"Of course not."

"Good so long as that's clear." She spent a few hours making a much thicker and stronger shoulder connector for his arm, that she felt sure could withstand anything his stupid brain might come up with to do. But then, she'd never been able to think op most of his crazy stunts, so who knew. She moved back over to him and screwed in the new fastener and then reattached the arm. "Give it a go."

Buck opened and closed his hand and bent the elbow and moved the arm around, "Good as new...you're a genius."

Brynn rolled her eyes, "Yeah..whatever...just don't break it again."

"Who was it this time?"

There was a long period of silence.

"I'm serious. I'll clock 'em in the head with a wrench. Or a hammer. Whichever is nearest."

Again, the silence stretched, only broken by the sound of her screwdriver replacing the one that had been stripped.

"You're not gonna say? Dude, this isn't like you. Come on, this isn't funny."

She took a sip and looked at the stolid droid in front of her.

"You're all protected under the Caville Accord, and you shouldn't let people treat you like you're a walking pile of bolts. I'm not gonna stand for it."

"It wasn't their fault."

"Oh, sure. That's why all of the screws in the arm port were completely stripped? It was an accident?"

He remained silent.

The mechanic sighed to herself, brushing back a piece of hair into the bandanna she wore. She grimaced and sat down next to him. More human than human, his service packet said. Well, she hadn't thought that would be so figurative. While his face remained unreadable, she could tell that whatever had happened bothered him.

"Alright. Alright! I won't push it. Just... be careful, okay? Don't be afraid to push back a little," she warned, hopping off the table and heading towards the kitchen.

"I will. Clara... thank you," the droid said, glass eyes look at her.

She pensively held his gaze and marveled at him for a bit before sighing.

"I'll reattach the arm after I've had lunch. Don't thank me just yet," she professed.