Pet Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
She shook her head violently in response to his question. "N-no! It's okay, I'm fine. Unless you want to, I mean. I don't want that unless you want it," she mumbled at him, turning her eyes back to her book with an embarrassed expression on her face. She hadn't meant to be caught. "It's fine. I'm just…" Just what? There wasn't really anything remotely appropriate to tell him. Feeling like she was on fire every time there was even slight contact between the two wasn't exactly something to be proud of, or at least not to her mind. "I'll concentrate," she said, knowing full well she probably wouldn't be able to. It seemed such a waste to take a step backwards, though.

She shrank back into the little sofa, trying to separate herself from him if only by a few centimetres. "Sorry if I'm distracting you. Not used to having study d-… uh, buddies… that's the one…" She trailed off; she'd been about to use the phrase 'study dates' before her brain smacked her and reminded her exactly who she was talking to. Better not to entertain notions that would make the situation more awkward still.

"No, not at all." Zach quickly reassured her as she hastily apologized for her imagines slight, burrowing into the cushions of the couch in an attempt to retreat away from their contact. However, her actions were futile as she still rubbed against him, the couch making it impossible for either one to have any sense of personal space. This seemed to put Imogene on edge, though Zach was considerably less affected by it, though he still was unable to truly focus on the material that lay between the hardcovers of his text book. 'Oh well,' he thought, 'I didn't need to really study anyways, this was just an attempt to get to know Imogene better and spend time with her.'

In an attempt to create a bit of breathing room for the both of them, he took his arm that was closest to Imogene, and moved it out from between them, resting it on the back of the couch. As soon as he did so, he realized that he had inadvertently put his arm around her. It was too late to pull it back, so it seemed he was stuck with the consequences it would cause. Sure, there was a bit of room between them now, but at what cost? She stammered over accidentally calling them study dates; surely this classic date move would have her in a frenzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.