4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
I am fine with many genre's so lay it on me and we can decide if that genre will work.
*NOTICE* IF YOU ARE WANTING TO JOIN PLEASE RESERVE AN ARCANA ASAP! I am going to allow those who have already reserved have the chance to create a second character on Friday. I will allow future joining but the arcana available may be limited. Currently we have 5 reserved and 3 taken. As of now 2 members want a second character. *NOTICE* Here is the OOC which is the info dump for this.

To start off when I joined Iwaku I created a persona themed roleplay, sadly it died but it was fun and I made friends. 3 years later I am wanting to start up another persona themed roleplay. Now I know people try to make these and from what I see (shh I didn't look through everything or every page) there is no current persona roleplay. If there is, oops. I was curious if people would be interested in a persona themed roleplay.

So before I start, each persona game has a theme. 3 is death, 4 is identity, 5 is freedom. (*cough* stole from wikia *cough*) So the theme I am going to go for is war. Ah yes simple, but it will focus on more than just that. It will focus on internal war, our characters minds and what they fight on the inside. It will teach acceptance and to open ones mind. It will also deal with real war, no not two countries but different fights through the city. Ex. Gang versus gang, corporation versus corporation, restaurant versus restaurants. The enemy sabotaging and doing evil things, even crimes. To bring the city together and so it doesn't go to ruin, our little heroes will fight off the shadows of one's mind. That being the core to their hate, their closed mindedness and their selfishness.

At points the team will also stumble into one of their team members world. Though they won't know who, except for said person. Upon accepting ones self and getting rid of their hate they will awaken to their ultimate persona and earn a unique skill. No this won't alter their personality but it could release their internal conflicts and their hate towards whatever you choose. Like if they hated dogs and kicked puppies, now they can be around dogs and not kick innocent puppies. That is an example, don't kick puppies. It could be because of a fear or experience, whatever you choose. Though only me and you will know of their internal conflicts and their dungeon. None of the other players will know. Mwuahahaha. Sure they can express it in the roleplay but keep it vague to leave everyone curious what you're hiding. Ex. Person that doesn't like tomatoes might ask for no tomato on their burger. Bad example but hey they could have had a killer tomato after them as a child or something.

The end will be about a planned war with another city though. So to solve it they have to beat the city's mayor's shadow, or else it could cause actual war. They get subtle hints throughout the roleplay about the planned war, rumors and such. An investigation will happen then they will plan the shadow killing.

There will be deadlines, through rumors the characters will learn that on a certain day or night one of the rivals will plan to shut down the other with something serious. Like a corporation hacking the system of the other and deleting all the data making that corporation useless. Causing people to lose jobs and the corporation to cease existence. And these events could affect the city, it would become a ripple effect and the hate will spread faster causing the war. Though in theory we won't have a game over but we will visit each dungeon several times once checkpoints are hit and to allow progression with events and normal life.

Also a person may enter a small dungeon of an individual on their own time, you would be solo unless you ask for help. These won't affect the overall story but maybe your characters individual story or little events in the city. Like a bully or strict teacher who fails students out of spite. As for events I will think of some and you are advised to think of some as well. Maybe the events can be a mini dungeon for the team, vacation, trips, ya know the drill.

I am not sure if I will base this in Japan, it will be an original city, or in America. The reason I wouldn't want to do Japan is because for locations I would have to think of Japanese names and work in etymology and the such, if I want the names to make sense. Let me know your thoughts on this.

I have the persona sheet finished and if I get enough interest I will flesh out the overall plot and dungeons. I will also make a calendar to track everything and I will ask for a Co-Gm. I am not expecting 30 people to apply but I am not going to limit the amount of characters, well it would be limited to the major arcana but that is 22. As for the whole fool thing, I personally am not going to play the fool, unless needed. I will help that player and such though, if someone wants to claim the role as the main hero. They can have multiple persona but I am thinking instead of the usual wildcard they have one main persona. And they can use skills of the team members instead of the wildcard ability. What are your thoughts? Multiple persona or using skills from the team? Also the protagonist wouldn't have hate, they would be an accepting person from the get go. They can have likes and dislikes but overall they don't have bad behaviors and actions due to internal hate.

That is all I have but if you have questions please ask away. Thank you for reading.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
I'm interested!

Reactions: Celestial Scorpio
I'm also interested.

I like the idea of the protagonist using skills from the team. Seems easier to manage.

While America would be pretty easy to work with, an original city would leave more room for creativity and there are people here from all over so it might help a bit? I'm not sure. I'll roll with whatever you decide on.:rotfl:

I'm also interested.

I like the idea of the protagonist using skills from the team. Seems easier to manage.

While America would be pretty easy to work with, an original city would leave more room for creativity and there are people here from all over so it might help a bit? I'm not sure. I'll roll with whatever you decide on.:rotfl:
Oh I meant the original city would be in Japan or America. Let me edit that real quick. Or I could have it not specifically based in any country... hmm.

Oh I meant the original city would be in Japan or America. Let me edit that real quick. Or I could have it not specifically based in any country... hmm.

Ooh that makes sense then. If not in a country, what would you put it in?

I think It'd be easier to work with if it is in either of the first two. At least everyone would get an idea as to the feel of the place.

Ooh that makes sense then. If not in a country, what would you put it in?

I think It'd be easier to work with if it is in either of the first two. At least everyone would get an idea as to the feel of the place.
Part of me want's to put it in Japan since the games are all based in Japan but part of me feels like that isn't necessary since this is an original plot. I also wouldn't want people to think they would have to create a Japanese character or an American character because of the location. Odds are I will go for Japan.

Reactions: Iceydaze
I'm interested!

Just gonna bump this up and see if anyone will see this when browsing in case they do not see the OOC.