Oy; I exist.

L

lostfaith

Original poster
Yo, people of a larger-than-I'm-actually-comfortable-with (but am joining anyway) forum! I am Vansalon, also known as Vansy, Vance, Van, Vans, and Airavon (but only rarely). I'm a veteran RPer (weird to refer to myself as this, but I guess I /have/ been RPing for almost three years now and that makes me a vet) who left his old forum home because of the idiotic decisions of biased administrators. I'm not really good with people and I'm always hesitant to join new forums, but I am utterly starved for RPing right now, not having been in a good RP that lasted more than a couple weeks in months. So, desperate times require desperate measures, and I'm going to try to meet new people. I'm a pretty laid back guy with absolutely terrible self esteem, so I can certainly take a few pokes and jabs. I have a dark sense of humor and I'll openly admit to being a sadist, but that doesn't mean I'm not a friendly guy! Think of me as your friendly neighborhood Sith Lord--Only I'm more interested in writing bloody short stories than I am conquering the galaxy with a massive armada of white-armored mooks, and I regularly socialize with the Jedi Council. All in all, I exist. And now I exist here.

Also filling this out for laughs even though I don't need to, because I found it amusing:

What do you prefer to be called? Overlord of the universe, but just "Vance" will do.

How old are you? Fifteen, but I'm usually mistaken for eighteen (the fact that my best friends are college kids helps).

Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying? Yeah, new here, but as I said, I'm going on three years, as a RPer.

Do you like group Roleplays or just a single partner? Group roleplays all the way, but 1v1 is still roleplaying and I'm still up for it if I find one interesting enough.

On a rainy day do you like jumping in puddles, or curling up on the sofa? I sit in my computer chair laid back browsing the interwebs with my headphones around my neck, listening to the soft pitter-patter of the torrential downpour around me. I love rain.

SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind? Welcome home, my friend! Yeah we're gonna have a good time! Welcome home again; you're gonna wanna stay a while!

Last edited by a moderator:
1000 days of writing makes one a beginner.

10,000 days of writing is when you become a veteran.

And welcome to the place. I'm new here myself, but muh entourage decided to follow me, so I'm not in quite the same situation as you. Personally, Iwaku is really small, compared to where I've been before. XD

Hello and welcome, Vans! Iwaku is full of nice and fun (and usually only slightly evil) people, so we hope you love existing here. :)

Hallo Vans, welcome to the community! :D

1000 days of writing makes one a beginner.
10,000 days of writing is when you become a veteran.
And welcome to the place. I'm new here myself, but muh entourage decided to follow me, so I'm not in quite the same situation as you. Personally, Iwaku is really small, compared to where I've been before. XD
Heh, largest RPing community I've been on was only a few hundred people, probably thirty or so of whom were active. We usually had only 1-3 RPs going at any given time, one of which was always mine and another was always a certain admin's.
I have a small group called the Vansyrup group (name is a long story) that operates out of skype that will probably follow me if I decide to stay here; I've mentioned the place to them but we've checked out a lot of sites that didn't work out, so they're not joining until I confirm it's good.

Hello and welcome, Vans! Iwaku is full of nice and fun (and usually only slightly evil) people, so we hope you love existing here. :)
I'm more than slightly evil myself; so we can probably get along pretty well.
Hallo Vans, welcome to the community! :D
Thanks! I hope this place works out; I may or may not be a little addicted to RPing and suffering withdrawal symptoms.

Hello and welcome to the site, Vance. I am sure you will love it here. Would you care to roleplay with me?