3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
Ever since the pandemic started, I've been shopping online more. I did before, yes, but I've started frequenting online stores way more because I'm home so much of the time. Though usually it's for stuff I don't need... (I'm a student and I work okay, sometimes I need some cute accessories or a fun video game to feel a little better about having my 20s robbed from me 😭)

Anyway, has it changed at all for you? Do you prefer shopping online or in person? If you shop online, what sites do you normally go to?

Amazon is my favourite site for spending copious amounts of money on things I have no practical use for

I work for a major eCommerce provider and it has not helped my online spending habits in the slightest. It's also really opened my eyes to how predatory and generally evil Amazon is to small and independent businesses, as well as their warehouse staff.

My favorite places to shop though?

Clothing:
-> Disturbia - Spooky cute fashion. Good quality as a whole, and I love their jewelry lines :D
-> ASOS - Fast fashion, but all my recent purchases have been made in Europe, so I feel lots better about that. Quality has been pretty solid too as a whole.
-> Uniqlo - I love their leggings, socks and Airism lines!
-> Solovair - NPS The original manufacturers of Dr Martens before they outsourced their labour and started cutting corners. Boots are almost identical, but made in Britain, to the old school standard.
-> Birkenstock Mostly still made in Europe afaik. Not the most stylish but I have very happy, comfy feet.
-> Chupi - Made entirely in Ireland, with ethically sourced and lab grown stones, and recycled gold. Expensive, yes, but beautiful pieces designed to last forever.

Homeware & Kitchen:
-> Killstar - I find their clothes a bit hit and miss these days, but their homeware stuff is spooky-cute and pretty solid :D
-> KitchenAid - Mmmkay so it's more of a 'I like to look' than a 'actually buy things here' link. My MIL still uses the one she got for her wedding over thirty years ago on a near daily basis, my husband and I use ours several times a week for bread... and they're both still good as new.
-> WW Ceramics - So cute
-> Le Cruset - Their enameled cast iron is still made in France and their dutch ovens are my favourite things to bake bread in.

That said, some of my absolute favorite stores are still the small, niche and local shops that don't want to bother with online retail. My local games store and coffee supplier are among these!

I prefer shopping in person but there are a few things I will buy online because in store just isn't an option.

When it comes to clothes, I have to shop in person because I need to try things on to make sure they fit how and where they are supposed to. >:[

Everything else though, yeaaahh I love shopping online. O:

Reactions: LunaValentine
A bit of both actually. While for certain things, clothing for example, I do prefer to shop in person I don't mind shopping online. Amazon is my go to. I can usually find everything I need especially items unavailable elsewhere.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I try to buy everything in person from a local store, failing that I'll buy things from an online non-Amazon storefront, failing that I'll buy from Amazon as long as it's not directly a hobby item. Supplies or tools maybe, but not the direct hobby item. I'd buy clips and sanding tools from Amazon but not more gunpla models.