On The Run (Everly & Ktyria)

K

Ktyria

Original poster
Muse A is on a day-long drive to an out of town business meeting. They couldn't ask for much more in life, being blessed with a loving partner that supports them, a beautiful home, and a well-paying job that leaves them happy and fulfilled. They are the eternal optimist, always trying to find the best in everything and everyone, even strangers. When they spot a hitch hiker at the side of the road, Muse Ais compelled to stop and give them a helping hand, offering to take them along on their route to the hotel where their meeting is taking place.
Muse B is on the run, having escaped from the state prison during a transport three days prior. They have shed their orange jumpsuit for civilian clothes, and changed their appearance the best they could, thanks to an abandoned farm house near the penitentiary. Muse B is desperate to get as far away from that hellish place as possible. They've evaded the state police for this long, there is no way they will ever go back to that dark, stifling, awful cell.
Muse A is exactly what Muse B has been hoping for - a one way ticket out of town. They share a few stories and generally enjoy each other's company during the long, uneventful drive. UnassumingMuse A has no idea that there is a dangerous felon on the loose, but when they finally approach the state line to find a waiting police roadblock, Muse B suddenly pulls a weapon on Muse A and demands they get them through without incident. Once they've successfully passed the road block, Muse Breveals the truth, and Muse A is hit with the sudden frightening realization that they are now subject to Muse B's plans.​

Roxie was so sick of looking at crumbled bits of tar and dirt that she wanted to scream. For three days, she had been trudging along the sides of roads, hoping to get picked up. Side roads, back roads, and now a highway. So far she hadn't had any takers. Apparently people around here were a bit hesitant to take complete strangers in their cars with a known felon on the loose. She smirked to herself at the thought, glancing up as a car whizzed by without even glancing at her. Maybe they were scared, or perhaps they just didn't care to notice people that they deemed below themselves on the ladder of society.

Bullshit.

It wasn't as though she looked any different than most of them - she had made sure of that. Some poor teenaged idiot in a rest stop two days prior had been all too willing to give up her clothes in exchange for her life. Now Roxie had a soft brown shirt and a little blue and white skirt on. She looked like a weakling in her opinion, but oh well. It was all appearances. Orange jumpsuits weren't good for business when trying to hitch a ride. She heard the faint rumble of an 18-wheeler and she turned around, sticking her thumb out movie-style. Couldn't hurt. She had even taken the time to write her destination on her arm so that people didn't have to slow down and ask.

Anywhere.

Because anywhere was better than where she had been.

"Yes, Honey, I'll be there in a day." Colette said, smiling at her phone before quickly looking back. She had to look at the road, because 18-wheelers always worried her so she made sure she kept her distance. You never know if they can see you or not, they could start to turn into the lane you're occupying and then crash right into you without realizing it. "Okay, be careful!" Michael said. She could practically hear the smile on his face. She was happy to know that he was glad to talk to her. "Yup! Have a good day! Tell Ella I love her." She said, suddenly seeing a girl out of the corner of her eyes. "Will do. Love you!" He said before hanging up.

She couldn't help but question whether the girl was okay. It was her motherly instict to do so. After she had Ella, she grew more caring, often seeing if others needed help and being over bearingly helpful. It bothered her to think that she may be hurt and she just passed by without a care. Even if she was a hitch-hiker, which Colette knew she was, it would be nice to have company with her on her long ride.

Colette slowed down, quickly pulled over and stopped the car. Her curiousity got the better of her and she got out of the red van before running her hands through her gold curls as she observed the girl. "Are you alright?" She asks her. Colette walked over to her slowly, knowing that she may be dangerous. 'No one that young would be dangerous... Right?' She thought, convincing herself that the girl meant no harm.

(Sorry if it was crappy.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The trucker gave her a wave as he drove by. Prick. As if that jolly little wave with the smirk was going to do her any good. She scowled and nearly flipped him off, but then she noticed that the van behind the truck was slowing. Hm. Red, with no logo of any sort. Rather clean, with a blonde in the front seat who looked concerned. She had suburban mom written all over her anxious little face. Roxie smiled, watching the woman climb out and walk over to her as if it was nothing. Did she really not realize that approaching some stranger on the side of the road was dangerous enough without getting out and making it easy to dispose of your body in the ditch?

But.. It'd be easier to get a ride and some sense of direction.

"I'm okay, yeah. I'm just looking for a ride. My dad's a drunk and he finally beat my mom so much she left and I didn't want to be stuck alone with him, so.. I left," she explained, making up the lie with ease. From what she was observing, this woman would likely ooze sympathy and care like it was her job. That suited Roxie just fine. She could pity her all she wanted, as long as she gave her a ride and got her out of sight.

"Could I ride with you..?"