Ohhhh, I am so new to this. Any help is much appreciated :)

G

Gypsy_Spirit

Original poster
THE ABOUT YOU SURVEY ( <-- Thank you for this Iwaku! I had no idea where to start!!)

What do you prefer to be called?
Aria ("are-ee-uh")...that's not my real name, but I'm not sure if I should reveal my real name or not? I think I'll stick with Aria for now

:jump:

Boy, girl, or a mystery?
I am a girl...I am also a mystery...I think I'm going to stick to roleplaying as the female gender for now as well because I am so new to this and it might be easier for me to stick to the gender that I actually am for now...I think...I hope, haha.

How old are you?
I'm so old...21. Maybe that's not so old...but it certainly feels like it!

Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying?
I am new to this site, but I am also pretty new to roleplaying. I just started playing Dungeons and Dragons this past summer with a group of friends who like to play with a more character/plot based style rather than just battles and dungeon marauding (not that the latter is a bad thing, but I'm just saying that I have a little bit of experience with character development and roleplay). I also really, reeeaally would like to get into LARPing...so bad...but there's nothing near me, so I'm trying to convince my friends/roommates to start something ourselves.

Do you like group Roleplays or just a single partner?
Both! I haven't done either, so I'm open to both because any experience I can get is good!

On a rainy day do you like jumping in puddles, or curling up on the sofa?
It honestly would depend on the mood I was in...I have done both before...if it's warm I would gravitate toward puddles, but if it's cold, you'll probably find me curled up with my blanket, tea, and a book...or Netflix khehehe

SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind?
Honestly I've had two songs in my head as of late...The Dragonborn Comes by Malukah (Skyrim cover), and Come Little Children by Erutan (Hocus Pocus cover)...I've been humming and singing them constantly...I don't mind, but my roommates may hehhhh :sing:

Seriously guys, any help and pointers you can give me about roleplaying in general will be welcomed and greatly appreciated. I'm excited to start but I don't want to be the annoying one who hasn't a clue what she's doing...hehhhh

*meows* welcome my new friend....can we be friends? *big eyes and giggles* I was new to when I came here, its very fun here you will love it! Why don't you PM me and I will try and help some!...other than that. WELCOME!

Well hello there Aria! :D Welcome to us!

Hello Aria and welcome to Iwaku!

o___o LARPing looks like so much fun. I want to try it too.

*meows* welcome my new friend....can we be friends? *big eyes and giggles* I was new to when I came here, its very fun here you will love it! Why don't you PM me and I will try and help some!...other than that. WELCOME!
Of course we can be friends!! *happy close-eyed smile* I will PM you as soon as I figure out how to do it ^^; and thank you so much for the welcome!!

Ahh. Well I live in a super rural area so probably not. There IS a re-enactment group, but they are suuuuper professional about it so I wouldn't be allowed to join. :/

Yaaayy friends!...well I could always pm you if you waaant!

Greetings, and welcome to Iwaku. This seems like an excellent place to get your feet wet as the overall atmosphere here is pretty good imo.

I'm fairly certain that you'll find RP to be a fairly easy concept to perform. Most of it is just following the plot as established by the GM, staying true to your character, not controlling other peoples characters ( unless otherwise established ), no metagaming ( your character "knowing" things that are talked about in OOC or what characters are thinking/doing behind the scene that they have no business knowing ), and no Godmodding ( IE I'm super powerful and can destroy e'rthing! MWAHAHAHA! ). Those are pretty much the basic guidelines of every RP, so as long as you remember those, you're good.

That being said, with such an open community and plenty of friendly staff, if you have any questions you can ask any of them and I'm sure they'd help you out. Best of luck to you and your rp endeavors.

Ahh. Well I live in a super rural area so probably not. There IS a re-enactment group, but they are suuuuper professional about it so I wouldn't be allowed to join. :/
That's kind of how my situation is...I'm not in a super rural area, but there's nothing within 3 hours from where I am...at least from what I could find online. But there are super professional re-enactment things...and the Renaissance Faire (which I LOVE)...but not LARPing uwahhh...that's what Iwaku is for though! :) roleplay and friends yayuh!

• Love
Reactions: Dawn