Odd companionship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grumbling a little Melissa gave in and followed Elise, especially since feeding her friend was a priority high on her list. She still glanced over in the direction Xan had left and swore to herself to keep an eye out for any possible danger towards Elise. Seriously, her friend was too much of a pushover sometimes...

**^**^**^**

Xan sighed softly to herself as she stood outside the employee entrance. So much for a polite facade. All because that dumb goodie-two-shoes had to be friendly and bring others along. Grimacing lightly to herself she pushed the door open and stepped inside the room. Time to deal with the annoyances.

"Hey, just in time. Hurry up and get changed, we have a sick one today, so we gotta be one and a half person each." Elise said stoked. She didn't seem at all bothered with what happened earlier that day, or maybe she just had decided not to talk about it. "I hope you're ready to meet the customers today. Have you decided on your welcoming phrase yet? No pressure, just keep it simple. You can do a test round on me if you want."

"Yeah, it's ready," shrugging lightly Xan headed directly for her locker and got out the uniform before continuing in the same neutral tone. "I'm just gonna ask Leonard a quick question when I'm done changing." Making quick steps Xan entered the bathroom and changed behind the locked door, sighing softly as it seemed any questions or weird stuff would be saved for later. Though if there would be any more time spent around that redhead there would be some sort of trick being played, and it wouldn't be pretty.

"Oh, okay. Don't be too slow, when I checked it seemed to be rather busy out there and Nathan don't like working overtime." Elise did sound a little bit hurt. Maybe she hoped that Xan would ask her things and rely on her advice. Knowing that she was going to Leonard did sting a bit. She hurried into the cafe, leaving Xan alone.

Because of the amount of people in the cafe at that moment, Nathan wasn't really able to leave before Xan came back. He still kept his composure in front of the customers, giving them all radiating smiles, but every time he faced a co-worked he was giving them a glare that screamed 'isn't she coming soon?' It didn't even matter if she took fifty seconds or fifty minutes to get out, he was pissed either way. Once he saw the new girl coming he disappeared from view within seconds. "Don't worry about him, he doesn't like anyone at the end of the shift. In the mornings on the other hand, he's wonderful." Elise tried to reassure Xan, hoping she wasn't hurt by her co-workers behavior. "So, want to test your skills on that table over there?"

Changing quickly Xan made a quick detour for the kitchen to ask Leonard quickly what he'd would like to make the most of that day. Getting her answer she headed on out and faced a sudden glare. Giving a challenging look back at the other boy she saw him leave the chaos of the filled cafe behind. Feeling a bit victorious about that she still knew it was just that the other boy wanted to leave, but it still felt nice.

Walking over to Elise the teen took over a pen and notepad from her temporary mentor and answered calmly. "I'll be good." Noise and chaos was the best, only second to complete solitude. Walking over to the table the teen smiled calmly and spoke with friendly, but centered tone. "Sorry for the wait, are you ready to order? If not then I'd recommend the specials, or the chef's choice of strawberry parfait."

Status
Not open for further replies.