Nydanna's Newbie attempt at coding stuff

When Good Intentions Go Wrong

The Premise:

Two years ago, his wife, Madison Andrew's mother, died expectantly from a heart attack. Since that day, Madison has been a doting daughter, taking care of her father while gently pushing him toward normalcy in his life. At the tender age of sixteen, she became the woman of the house in all the ways that mattered except one. While Madison cooked, cleaned, and made sure the bills were paid, the line drawn by society had never been crossed. However, it is almost impossible to spend as much time with a person without feeling rising. It started off innocently enough with random thoughts that Madison knew no daughter should have about her father, but eventually it began to get out of hand. Unbeknownst to Madison, she wasn't the only one disturbed by her twisted thoughts.

After the death of his wife, he clung to the only thing he had left of her; their daughter Madison. At first, it was simply for moral support and motivation to continue life without the love of his life. But as Madison began to fill the role left behind by her mother, his own feelings began to change. He caught himself frequently looking at her less and less like his little girl and more like a woman. For her part, Madison seemed oblivious to the lingering stares and touches he bestowed upon her, and he was convinced it was mere coincidence that his hands often ended up on her longer than was appropriate.

The tension between them is one-sided, at least in their minds. Each one is fully aware of their own twisted feelings, while completely unconscious of what the other is feeling. It isn't until Madison makes a suggestion she feels will help her father start to move on with his life that things begin to change and father and daughter get caught up in emotions they both know they shouldn't feel.

The Setting: Upper Middle-Class suburb.

Character I am seeking: I am looking for someone to play the father. In terms of the character's personality, I leave that up to you. However, there are a few guidelines that I have. I would like the father to be a wealthy professional type in a career that is heavily based on reputation. Fame is optional but encouraged. A celebrity of some sort works, but I would like them to have some outside scrutiny.

As far as appearances go, that is another thing I will leave up to you. I prefer realistic images as opposed to anime.

Posting speed and writing levels: I am looking for someone who can post at least once a week. More is welcome but necessary. I am also looking for an advanced writer who will not only help move the story along but someone who will be able to post more than one or two paragraphs.

Other requirements:I am looking for someone who can play multiple characters, prefers more plot than smut (Although this will be a relatively smut heavy story in the beginning), and likes lots of drama in their stories.

♥♥♥♥♥♥ If interested, please send me a PM. Do not reply on this thread. Thank you. ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Name: Michael (Mikey) Valentino
Birthday: September 19th
Profession: Hairdresser, Aspiring Actor
Height: 6'0
Weight: 175lbs

• Soulmates

[glow= #CCB3E2]I [/glow]
    [glow= #CCB3E2]don't know how you are so familiar to me—or why it feels less like I am getting to know you and more as though I am remembering who you are. How every smile, every whisper brings me closer to the impossible conclusion that I have known you before, I have loved you before—in another time, a different place, some other existence.~Lang Leav[/glow]

History

No one knows what they are, but they call themselves soulmates.

They have been around since the Dark Ages, born to normal human parents, growing as normal human children. By all appearances, they are nothing out of the ordinary, at least until they find their mate. Their numbers started out small with only a hundred couples spread throughout the world. Finding their mate was difficult, and many died long before they found their other half. A few survived, finding their counterpart only to discover that along with their mate came immortality and superhuman powers that could not be explained. Most of the couples decided to blend in with the rest of mankind, using their powers and the knowledge gained through their extended lives to improve the world around them. Others decided to try cause havoc, using their abilities to turn the world to their advantage.

For a time, they were undiscovered, living amongst humans but unknown to them. That began to change as their numbers grew, and those who wished to gain control of the humans began to stir up trouble again. The start of the nineteenth century marked the beginning of the cleansing within their own ranks. The two sides split into factions; The Malcontent and The Docile. Believing themselves to be the more powerful, The Malcontent began to eliminate The Docile. With no other options, The Docile enlisted the humans to aide them, believing that the threat of The Malcontent would prevent the humans from turning on them. However, the more the human's learned about the Soulmates, the more envious they became of their powers and soon both factions were being hunted down.

At the dawn of the twentieth century, the Soulmates of both factions went into hiding, believing that the humans would believe they were extinct. What they didn't know was that the humans were studying them, learning what little they could about the Soulmates powers. They discovered that the gene, dormant inside humans, was passed down when two carriers reproduced. The Soulmate would not exhibit any powers at all if they did not find their other half. They grew and aged at the same pace as humans, were susceptible to all human illnesses and just as vulnerable as a human. It was only when they were joined by their mate that their powers and abilities began to manifest. Soon they began to track down the carriers of the gene, waiting until they had children and taking the children out before they could reach the age of eighteen.

With the advancement of technology, the Soulmates found ways to combat the attempts of humans to wipe them out. They infiltrated hospitals, switching records, test results, and at times, infants when it was necessary. They would monitor the babies as they aged, only approaching to recruit them once they finally met their mate. It became a race to get the fledgling Soulmate before the other faction.
    Soulmate Rules

-All Soulmates have superhuman strength, speed, and healing once they have met their mate and only if they remain close to their mate. The further they get from their mate, the weaker they become.

-Soulmates are immortal. They do not get sick and will not die of old age, but they can be killed. It becomes easier to kill a Soulmate if they are away from their mate. If one mate dies, the other dies immediately afterward.

-Soulmates have three different types of abilities. One elemental, one psychic/telekinetic, and one physical. The abilities vary from soulmate to soulmate.

-With the elemental abilities, the Soulmate cannot create the element, only control and manipulate them.

-No Soulmate has the ability to resurrect or bring someone back from the dead.

-The longer Soulmates are together, the stronger they are.

-Soulmates cannot detect their mate until after their 18th birthday.

-The stronger the attraction between Soulmates, the stronger the abilities.

-Once a Soulmate meets their mate, there is no one else that will get their attention. They are unable to cheat on their mate and will feel disgusted if anyone else tries to touch them.

-Soulmates, in general, cannot procreate. However, there are a few exceptions to this.

-Once a Soulmate finds their mate, it is not love at first sight. They feel connected to one another, along with infatuation and lust, but not love.

-There is only one mate per Soulmate.

Plot

If it wasn't for bad luck, Amanda Perry would have none at all. She's late on her rent and most of her bills. Her boss is a creep. And to make matters worse, she's on the verge of getting forced out of school. Nothing in her life seemed to be going right, no matter how hard she works. To cheer her up, her friends decide to take her out for a night on the town, convincing her that for one night she should forget about her stress and enjoy herself. She goes along with it, expecting the evening to end with her going home early and trying to catch up on her schoolwork. What she doesn't expect is to meet a guy, and she certainly couldn't have predicted that they'd hit it off.

They spent the night together, both of enchanted with one another and feeling as if they'd known each other all of their lives. As the night ends, they part ways, but not without assurances that they would see each other again.

Waking up the following morning, everything feels different, although she can't quite put her finger on it. She assumes it's the excitement of a crush, the exhilarating rush that comes along with the promise of a possible relationship, and when the new man in her life admits to the same curious changes, they brush it off as nothing significant. It's not until the FBI storms into Amanda's apartment while the two are having dinner together that they realize there is far more to the changes in their lives than romance. Not only are they now targets of a secret government organization hellbent on turning them into lab rats, but they are caught in a battle between factions, both seeking to claim the new couple.
    What I'm looking for

-Someone to play the male main character.
    -Must be willing to play multiple characters as well as characters of the opposite sex- To go a bit into detail on this. I will be playing the two leaders of the factions which are male and female. I would like my partner to be comfortable enough playing their mate. That does not necessarily mean smut will be involved.
    -An advanced writer who is comfortable posting at least three paragraphs.
    -Someone who can post at least once every other day.
    -Someone who will help move the story along and contribute ideas.
    -OOC talk, at least about the plot.
    -I am currently over my limit of PM rps. I am only looking to do thread or email rps.

If interested, send me a PM.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

A Princess's Destiny

Plot
Once upon a time, the way so many stories began, there lived a king and a queen who ruled over an enchanted land where elves and humans lived in harmony, and all was right with the world But as stories go, all that was right was only in the eye of the beholder, and beneath the shiny veneer of peace lurked a darkness that would soon consume the country along with the rest of the world. The king grew unhappy with his power, and soon greed began to take root in his heart. He wanted more than what his little kingdom could offer him, but more than anything, he wanted to rule forever.

He sought out healers and witches, sorcerers and mages, but none could offer him the key to the eternal life he yearned for. And then came a seer, a man renowned for the accuracy of his prophecies. The seer told the king that as long as his bloodline sat upon the throne of Utain, he would live on forever. However, he would not be blessed with a son to take his place when he left the world, and his legacy would end with the birth of a daughter. Furious, the king ordered the seer banished from the kingdom and all mention of the prophecy stricken from the record. He put no faith at all into the prediction, convinced that he would produce a son and he would live on forever through his bloodline.

Several years passed and it finally came time for the queen to give birth to their first child. The journey to parenthood had been wrought with the loss of pregnancies and the birth of stillborns, but this time the queen had carried their child to term. As he stood outside his wife's chambers, listening to her howls and cries of pain, he was assured of his own place in history. But when the midwife announced that the queen had given birth to a daughter, and the difficult delivery resulted in the queen's barren womb, the end to his dream became a reality. Beyond furious, the king had the newborn ripped away from her mother, turning a deaf ear to the cries of his wife as she pleaded for their child. In the dead of the night, the man sold off his only child to slavers, telling them that he did not care what they did with her, as long as she was never seen in Utain again.

More than a decade passed, and along with it the prosperity of Utain was little more than a distant memory. The lands had grown barren since the banishment of the princess. Cities became overrun by criminals and filth, and slavers controlled everything that went on inside the kingdom. Neighboring countries stood at the borders, armies ready and waiting for the word to invade. The king had become a cold, bitter man, still too wrapped up in ensuring his legacy and filling his own coffers to care about his own people. But he was desperate. He knew if he did not find a way to secure allies, he would not survive a war long, but with his country in such a state, he had little to barter with. It was during this time of desperation that the king remembered the child he had cast away, a princess that could be used to serve his need for an ally and prolong his reign long enough to produce a son.

Calling to the trackers of the country, he bid them all search for his daughter, giving them little more to go on than a name. However, the king's men were not the only ones to learn of the discarded princess, and soon every king eager to gain control of Utain began their own hunt for the girl, now eighteen and unaware of her true lineage.
+++++++++++++++++++++

What I'm looking for is someone to play the role of the person who finds the princess, whether they work for an enemy king or for her father can be worked out, along with the rest of the plot. :)
Characters

Name: Arinna Elderine

Name: Loran Ammarron
What I'm looking for
-Someone who can post at least once a week, although more frequently is definitely preferable. I do try to match posting speed when I can.

-Quality & quantity. I've been getting a bit lazy with my writing and I would like someone who can help me push myself and expand a bit on my skills.

-Someone with patience! As stated before, I have four kids. I also have a husband and a small zoo in my house. Real life isn't always kind to me when it comes to free time. There will be days when I can post as soon as I get a reply, and others when I can't even afford a minute to look at my computer.

-Please be a chatter! I find that Roleplays last a lot longer if there's OOC chat.

-Coding isn't a factor. I like making my posts look pretty, but I don't expect it. :)

-Someone who will help move the story! I'm aggressive, but I don't want to make anyone feel like they can't add their own twists in the story.

-For my sanity, no love at first sight! Lust at first sight is understandable, but don't expect our characters to be madly in love after one meeting. It's just not realistic.

-I would prefer a partner who enjoys drawn out romance and more plot than smut.

-Multiple characters are a must. No exceptions.

-My main character will always be a female, and I will only play a female in an MxF pairing unless I am completely comfortable with my partner. That being said, I will play FxF pairings and MxM pairings as secondary couples.

-Someone not afraid of lengthy posts.

If interested, send a PM.

Last edited:

Name: Loran Ammarron
Birthplace: Utain
Father: Jetiln Amarron
Mother: Avar Amarron
Profession: Tracker

Height: 6'0
Weight: 180lbs
Eye Color: Brown

Weapons: Daggers, Crossbow, Sword