Numinor's Greatest King--and Queen

Alexhandr Ro Denthanor, youngest son of Alexhandr Ral Denthanor and king of Numinor, had not only found his true-mate, but he had gotten her to confess her love for him in less than a day. Draconis work vastly different from all other races. Their true-mates are chosen for them by the Creator. A Draconis can sense whenever they are near their true mate and their love happens immediately, that is when it is with another of their race. When a Draconis's true mate turns out to be that of another race, the love is not felt immediately, though it could be said that it may as well be. The hardest part for a Draconis whose mate is that of another species is getting them to confess their love. Once love is confessed and the two kiss, the partner who is not a Draconis will feel the exact same way as his or her Draconis lover does. An unconditional, unwavering love that grows with each passing day. Infidelity is impossible for all Draconis, as their desire is for but one soul and one soul alone. A great blessing, but also a curse, for all Draconis have but one true mate in their life times, and never mate again, no matter what fate befalls their love. That is, most Draconis have but one true mate...

To Alexhandr, there was no longer evil in the world. Darkness and sickness and pain did not exist. The only thing he felt right now was ecstasy. An insanely powerful ecstasy that made him feel better than he had felt in all his 1, 400 years of life. Why should he not be? He had found what the Creator had intended for him to find, and he would remain with her until death took him. Now, Lynia was the primary concern for Alexhandr, and Numinor was secondary. This could not be helped by the good king. It was as it should be. As the Maker intended.

Alexhandr scooped Lynia up into his arms and laid her on his massive silk-covered bed. This time, he did not lay on top of her, but rather pressed his handsome figure against her slender and feminine body, cuddling and holding her hands while he rubbed his snout against her nose.
"Joyous day this is," he breathed with a smile on his face. "It seems that we too are one of the many couples that have found love on this holy week."

-----------------------------------------------

The audience that gathered around Rosalyn and Jakir were staring. Not to be rude, but because none could have foreseen Jakir's reaction. The High General was a reserved and distant creature to an extreme. And all knew what the General had lost. They did not know how great and terrible his suffering, for no one but another Draconis could comprehend that. Not only did Jakir touch the elf-girl, he was caressing her, cooing, murring, and running his large, rough fingers through her hair. This was the most emotion anyone had ever seen Jakir display. Even Jakir himself was shocked at his actions, but he continued anyway.
'I must not shy away from her now,' he told himself. 'It is right to comfort her. She needs comfort. 'Tis the right thing to do, so I must do it.' Though deep, deep down inside Jakir knew there was more to it than it being the right thing.

Then, it hit Jakir like the hand of a massive Draconis mercenary to the back of the head. 'Maker forgive me if I am wrong to ask her now at this point in time, but I must know. I must know if I can right whatever evil has been done unto her and her people.
"Lady Rosalyn..." he began, pausing for a long moment as he went back and wondered if what he was going to ask her would only ruin her. "What fate has befallen the elves of your home?"

The people around them began to murmur. The elves in the room stood upright and listened intently. Rosalyn was an elf and said she had not met another one of her own kind in years. This was an Elven matter, without a doubt.

Lynia squealed in surprise when Alexhandr picked her up as if she weighed nothing, a soft laugh leaving her lips as they crossed the room. Everything seemed perfect and right, as though she had finally found something that had been missing her entire life. It was impossible to explain, but she realized that she didn't have to explain it, even to herself. She completely and utterly loved Alexhandr, and he loved her back. There was nothing else that she needed or even wanted to know. Her worries and anxiety had vanished without a trace, and she felt at home in his arms. She smiled up at him as he laid her on his bed, recalling what had happened last time. This time was different - there was no lust (well, not much anyway..) and he was snuggling up to her instead.

She scrunched up her nose when his rubbed against it, laughing again. Her body turned toward his and she looped an arm around him, staying close to him. The constant contact made her even happier, if possible. She didn't want to get up from this spot, ever. As he spoke to her, she nodded and kissed his cheek gently.

"I would have never guessed that I would come here to confess how I felt to you. I thought-" she began, then realized with a start why this was so unexpected. She had come here to kill him, but now she was remembering why she had been on that mission. Her brother was going to die. "Oh, Alexhandr, I don't know what to do! Purn, a dark Elf in the city, he's going to find out that I couldn't kill you. I can't lose my brother," she said worriedly, though it was incredibly hard to focus on anything other than the pleasure she felt at simply being with him right now.

------------------------------

At first Rosalyn didn't respond to his question. She was oblivious to the crowd who was paying attention to the strange pair on the floor of the dining room, and she barely even realized that she was still clinging to Jakir like a drowning cat. All she really knew was the pain of her memories and the knowledge that no matter how good it felt for her to finally be free to live here, there were others back home who would never know the joy. She took a few deep breaths to stop her sobs and turned slightly, resting the side of her head against Jakir's shoulder to make her voice unmuffled. Somebody had to know, they just had to know what was happening.

"It all began ten years ago. Back then, my people flourished. The most trusted advisor and rumored lover of the human queen was even an Elf. We were respected and had mixed blood with nearly all of the other races. Our cities were beautiful and brimming with life. At the time, we numbered over fifty thousand, not counting the mixed blood children," she began softly, her voice trembling a bit as she remembered those times. She paused for about a minute, then cleared her throat and continued quietly.

"Ten years ago, the human queen died. Her son took the throne. Nobody knows why, but he has always disliked Elves. At first it began as rumors. The humans began to look upon us with fear and suspicion, whispering that we enchanted and stole away their children in the night, or that we burned their flocks and stole their grain. It took nothing more than the rumors, and soon the citizens were acting on their own without official help. In less than a year, every single person with mixed blood of an Elf was dead.. even the infants." She swallowed, fresh tears streaming silently down her cheeks.

"After that, the king stepped forward and said that the army would lend aid to the war. Within four months, over twenty-six thousand pure-blooded Elves were dead. Within six, the cities were gone. All of our houses and shops destroyed, collapsed, burned. Even the chapels were robbed clean and crumbled to ruin. Every year since then we have lost more and more of our people. There are less than fifty of us now, I believe. There's no way to be certain, we are all in hiding. Some cower in the ruins for shelter, but most have hidden themselves in the woods - in caves, things like that. Any Elf or halfling caught in public is beaten, starved, humiliated, and hung. It's the law. They even give medals and rewards to those who slay the most."

She fell silent then and curled back into Jakir, still clinging to him tightly and burrowing into him like a small child needing a hug.

The king now felt the same as his mate. He frowned and held her against him, a feeling of worry and sadness overtaking him. Alexhandr opened his maw to speak, but was cut off as yet again his door was slammed open. But instead of Jakir standing there, it was Sarkoth. A blood-soaked, gore-smothered Sarkoth. His skinless face and light-plated navy-blue armor was a dark red. "Good evening you two!" he said with a giddy laugh as blood dripped down his body. "Oh-ho-ho, do I have delightful news!"

Alexhandr stared at Sarkoth with Lynia in his arms, his red eyes wide.
"Good... news...? What in the name of the Maker?"

"Hehehe! The great and mighty Purn is dead! Gahaha! And what a demise he met too! Oh, it is such a pity Captain was not there! He would have had so much fun!"

Alex stood up from the bed and watched blood fall onto his expensive carpet.
"You slew Purn already?" He turned to Lynia and gave her a confused look. "Purn threatened..." He turned back to Sarkoth and a smile spread across his face. "Hah! You followed the bastard!"

"Of course I followed the bastard! He said that you were a weak and pathetic ruler and then threatened Lady Lynia with a dagger! What was I supposed to do? Let that scum sucker go? Of course not! I did what any good, loyal, undead warrior to Numinor would do. I grabbed him, led him into a nice, dark, abandoned home, tortured him for information, and then I chopped him up into tiny little pieces and packed him into a box with a bow on it and sent it to Tzrak!" Sarkoth giggled mischeviously and danced about. "No need to be so down, Lynia! Not only are you going to be queen of Numinor, but your brother shall arrive safe and sound! Geheheha!"

Alexhandr crossed his arms and shook his head.
"You know how I feel about torture. But he threated my life mate and her brother, so he got what he had coming. And you extracted information in the process. I take it you have enough information?"

Sarkoth put his hands on his hips and slammed his foot down like a child.
"That runt did not know everything. He is not the mastermind, that is for sure. But I know enough to find meself another lead, and that is exactly what I shall do! After a bath of course. I need to get this dark elf stench off me. Hehehe!" He wiggled his fingers at Lynia playfully. "Let a smile spread across that lovely face, soon-to-be-queen of Numinor! Evil never lasts long here!" Then he pranced off back downstairs, probably to go bathe himself.

Alex stood there and looked at Lynia.
"Well, my beloved. It appears Sarkoth allowed you to come here even after he heard Purn tell you to come and assassinate me. He knew that you would not kill me... or he had very high hopes you would not." He laughed heartily and pulled Lynia against him.

------------------------------

Jakir and the others in the room listened with extreme intent. They took in her every word and did not interrupt her. There was no murmuring or whispering. Only respectful silence. The only movement made was by Jakir, as he wiped more tears from Rosalyn's cheeks as she wept while speaking. After the young elf maiden was done recounting the atrocities done in her realm, people began to talk. Angrily. Loudly.

Then, a high elf spoke.
"This evil cannot be allowed to continue! Genocide is not allowed! Those humans must not be allowed to continue committing such crimes! It is more than a crime against elves, it is a crime against every living creature! A crime against our Creator!" He slammed his fist down on the bar and all the others in the room raised their fists. "Here, here!" they shouted.

Jakir lifted Rosalyn in his arms, cradling her against his chest. Without a word spoken, he exited the inn and made his way back to the castle with everyone who was in the inn following right behind him. King Alexhandr Ro Denthanor would be informed. He had to be. There needed to be justice and Rosalyn's people had to be liberated. Because it was the right thing to do.

"I can't ju-" Lynia began to add, but then the door slammed open and she jumped in alarm. She sat up and stared at Sarkoth, flinching at the sight of the blood and gore dripping to the floor. He was drenched in it, but he seemed wonderfully pleased with himself. She found herself speechless, so it was a good thing Alexhandr managed to speak up and ask what news Sarkoth was talking about. Continuing to stare at the filthy skeleton, she blinked as he announced Purn was dead. Purn wasn't dead, she had just spoken with him not that long ago. How could he possibly be.. That was when she remembered how Sarkoth had run off after threatening Purn. She realized that she hadn't seen him run off more than a few yards - it was completely possible that he had stayed nearby.

She listened as Sarkoth told Alexhandr and herself what he had done. The torture explained why he was in such a bloody state, and she could not honestly say that she felt bad for the Elf. He had completely deserved it, especially after threatening her repeatedly and threatening the life of her brother. She watched Sarkoth dancing around like a joyous child, shaking her head slightly. Before she could really respond, the last part of what he said sunk in. Going to be queen?

That was the first time that she really considered what loving Alexhandr meant. Her jaw dropped slightly and she paled, thinking about just how little she knew about such things. There was no way she was cut out for any of that! She tried not to panic about it, helped greatly in that department by refocusing on Sarkoth and Alexhandr as they spoke of Purn's information that was managed to be extracted. Absently, she wondered what Sarkoth had found out, but he was waving at her and gone before she could brood on that too deeply.

She stood and moved against Alexhandr as he tugged her close, giving him a soft smile. "A good thing he had such faith in me," she acknowledged with a faint laugh, still relieved that she hadn't done it. All was right in the world now - her brother was safe, Purn was dead, and she had the love of her life in her arms. She smiled delightedly and pulled Alexhandr into a deep and passionate kiss.

-------------------------------------

Rosalyn flinched slightly as everybody started talking, picking up on the loud, angry voices. At first she thought that they were upset with her for not doing more to protect her people, or perhaps angry that she had fled here and perhaps brought the plague of the humans upon them. She bit her lower lip anxiously and curled closer to Jakir as her slender body began shaking. The only reason she hadn't pulled from him and started running yet was that he was silent and had not released her. He still held her, as if she had done no wrong.

She heard the Elf speak up about genocide and how the humans were committing a crime. That was when she realized that the anger and buzz of conversation was not directed at her at all. She relaxed a little and her flood of tears slowed a little, though they did not stop entirely. It had been so long since she let herself go enough to shed a single tear, that now she simply couldn't stop.

As Jakir stood and cradled her against him, she made not a single movement or sound of protest. Instead, she nestled her forehead against the side of his neck and wrapped one arm up around the other side of his neck on his shoulder in a half hug. It kept her close to him, and kept her feeling as though she wasn't going to somehow lose him by letting go. For some reason that seemed important, though logically she knew that she should not be so close to anybody. Her tears and emotions were flooding her rationality and making her act in ways that she normally would never do, but she just couldn't force herself to care yet.

Alexhandr Ro Denthanor returned the kiss with a passion greater than Lynia's. He was no longer nervous or timid. He was kissing her with confidence and force. His hands were on the back of Lynia's head, fingers running through her perfect hair. Everything he did was perfect. It could not be better.

Then, just as everything was well again, there was a knock at the door.
"Blast it all!" Alex cursed, and then shook his head side to side, giving Lynia a frustrated look. He clearly wanted time with his mate. Alone time. He sat up on his bed, holding Lynia in his lap. "Come on in!" he said. He was surprised at the company.

Jakir Aussir-Oth stood in front of him with a beautiful young elven girl in his arms. Alex heard a bit of commotion outside his door, realizing there were a good number of people there.
"Jakir. my friend! What in the world is the meaning of all of this? Is everything fine?" asked Alex with concern in his voice.

Jakir simply shook his head no and placed the young girl on Alexhandr's sofa, but remained standing beside it. The General bowed to Lynia and then to Alexhandr.
"Hail, King Denthanor and Lady Lynia. I bring ill tidings."

"Ill tidings?" asked Alexhandr as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Aye, sire. Ill tidings indeed." He leaned in and quietly spoke to Alex. "The young lady I brought with me comes from a land where elves are slaughtered. A decade ago, there were fifty thousand of her people. Now, there is but fifty. Humans are given medals by the government for murdering the most elves. Chapels, nurseries, and everything in between have been obliterated. Infants are stabbed and strangled and shot."

Alexhandr's face turned stone cold and solemn. He thought for a good several minutes before speaking.
"This must be stopped. I will inform all of Numinor of this situation tomorrow afternoon. As of now, I declare war upon that human kingdom. They are the enemy. But for now, let us keep this hush-hush, for the morale of our people. Thank you for telling me this, my friend. As for the poor little darling, she is free to walk about the castle. Do you plan on having her sleep in your quarters?"

"I do, my liege." Jakir and Alexhandr looked upon Rosalyn with sorrowful eyes. "She has not met another of her kind in a long while. She broke into tears when I informed her that elves are not hunted down here, but make up an entire fifth of our population. We will bring her people to Numinor, yes?"

The king nodded his head firmly.
"Aye, High General. That we will. And when we crush those evil fiends and make them repent for their sins against all that is good, we will help the elves of her realm rebuild their homes and cities. Or they can stay here. Either way, righteousness will prevail and there will be blood. Such crimes must be dealt with. Harshly."

Alexhandr then politely informed the angry crowd outside his door that the matter would be dealt with according to Numinorian Moral Law, but that also they needed to keep quiet about it until tomorrow afternoon. The crowd agreed, bowed low before their king, and departed. Alexhandr stepped back inside his room and looked at the two elf females and then to the tall, blue-scaled Draconis in his company.

Lynia was about to push Alexhandr down on the bed when somebody knocked on the door again. As awful as it was to have to pause their alone time yet again, she just had to laugh a little. It seemed that being romantic with the king was a matter of timing - she'd have to get used to that, and accept that she wasn't the only one demanding his time. She smiled and nestled into his lap comfortably, then watched the door open. Her first thought was that it was Sarkoth again, or perhaps Zyana if the woman had heard Lynia was back in the castle. Instead, she saw Jakir, carrying a snow-haired Elven girl who was curled up and trembling. She frowned at the sight and glanced behind the pair, seeing other people around the door. What was going on?

Rosalyn released Jakir as he set her down, wrapping her thin arms around her knees as she sat on the sofa. She was still trembling a little, but her tears had slowed to an almost-stop. Lynia watched the girl for a few minutes, then looked up at Jakir and listened as he described what the girl had been through. The events he described were absolutely sickening. It was so much worse than the war Miltiades had been involved in - that was a minor scuffle in comparison. She couldn't wrap her mind around the thought of strangling an infant. It was an outrage, and her heart broke for the poor girl on the couch. Being hunted, living in fear.. She couldn't imagine having to hide her heritage.

Lynia slid out of Alexhandr's lap as he dismissed the crowd, slowly making her way over to the girl on the sofa. She knelt on the floor and began speaking softly to Rosalyn in Elven, slowly getting tentative answers about her name and how long she had been in Numinor. Rosalyn released her legs and turned to face Lynia, nodding slightly as the older Elf asked for her hands.

All that Lynia meant to do was give Rosalyn a chance for a one-card Reading. It would be quick, but Rosalyn had requested to know if it was going to end well. She moved to hand over the cards for Rosalyn to choose one, and they brushed hands. The contact made Rosalyn tense up immediately and she gasped, her mind unlocking rapidly and flooding her thoughts. She recalled the power and ability that she had stifled so long ago coming back, and all of a sudden Rosalyn was feeling every emotion that Lynia had. It was mostly concern, with an undercurrent of sorrow and fury. In the background was a faint, joyous love. Rosalyn quickly flinched away, her thoughts scrambling for a moment before returning to her own emotions.

"Alexhandr, can I have a quick word with you?" Lynia said, taking and taking him by the hand to lead him a few feet away. "Her name is Rosalyn, but that's not the important thing here. She's empathetic, and I think I just accidentally triggered it. We can't touch her," she said quietly, glancing back at Rosalyn a few times as she spoke. The younger Elf looked shaken and confused, but her memories were rapidly returning. She had forgotten that she could do this, it had been so firmly repressed in her mind.

"Jakir? Come here, please," Rosalyn requested softly, wondering if she could tell once and for all if the man was deceiving her.

Alexhandr stood beside Jakir and watched his future queen tend to Rosalyn. "A beautiful girl," Alex said softly.

"Yes sire. She is beyond beautiful."
Jakir replied. After a second, he realized what he had spoken. Alexhandr turned and gave him a peculiar look. "What did you just say?"

Jakir blushed and looked down.
"I simply complimented on lady Rosalyn's physical appearance. Nothing more." Alexhandr chuckled and shook his head. "Mmhm. I see. Just a friendly compliment."

The General gave a grunt and looked back up to watch Lynia speak to Rosalyn. He stepped forward as Rosalyn gasped, worried something may have happened. Then, Alexhandr was pulled away from him and was told something by Lynia. After Lynia was done speaking to Alexhandr, Rosalyn quietly called the General over. Reacting immediately, he knelt down beside Rosalyn and took her hands in his, holding them gently.
"Yes, lady Rosalyn? Are you well? You looked shocked earlier. Is everything okay...?"

Alexhandr smirked at Jakir's rapid response to Rosalyn's request.
'Have you done something, O' Merciful Maker?' he asked the Creator.

Lynia was worried that if they touched Rosalyn so soon after reawakening her Empathetic power, that they might overwhelm the poor girl with a flood of emotion. Judging by how the younger Elf had reacted at simply touching Lynia, she wasn't ready for any sort of contact. At least, that's what Lynia thought.

Rosalyn, on the other hand, was thinking something entirely different. She wanted to know how Jakir truly felt and if he was hiding something from her. Now was the best time to find out, before he realized what she could do and managed to try and hide it in his mind from her. A light tap wouldn't reveal the hidden emotion, so it would be best to catch him completely unaware.

"I'm fi-" Rosalyn began to assure Jakir, but then he took her hands and she was tossed into his emotions. At first it was a simple feeling of concern, tinged with anxiety. Deeper than that, there was an undercurrent of.. affection? Startled, she pulled her hands from his and realized a few things all at once. One, that he hadn't been lying to her and had no intent on selling her to the highest bidder. There had been no greed or malicious intent. Secondly, she was now aware that he actually cared for her. How much, she wasn't certain because she had pulled away, but there was definitely affection there. "Jakir.." she said softly, tapping his hand gently with a single touch just to reassure herself that she hadn't mistaken his concern. No, it was still there.

"Alexhandr.. Is Jakir feeling well?" Lynia whispered, watching the normally reserved and distant high general kneeling before the small Elven girl. What was going on here? She wasn't sure she understood at all, but she did notice that Rosalyn tapped Jakir's hand with a curious expression. What was the blind girl attempting to see?

Alexhandr chuckled and stood with his arms across his chest, watching Rosalyn and Jakir. "Empathetic, hmm? This could turn out to be extraordinary. A blessing from our Great and Mighty Creator," he whispered. Alex knew Jakir almost as well as he knew the back of his own hand. Jakir's actions were far, far different from what he would normally do. The High General was smiling a broad, visible smile. When Rosalyn called, he practically ran to her. "Merciful Maker, have you done what I think you have?" he said quietly aloud.

Jakir Aussir-Oth was perturbed by Rosalyn's removal of her hands from his. His handsome smile turned into a frown and he titled his scaled head to the side, curious.
"M'lady Rosalyn, are you well? I am right here, my lady. I shall not leave you. All shall be well. Justice will be done. You and your people will flourish once more. It is the Mighty's will." After she touched him gently, he placed his right hand on her left cheek gingerly, but only for a moment. "Weep no longer." What Jakir did not show was that he was lying. When he touched her, he could feel her reaction emotionally. She now knew he cared for her. But as a friend, of course. He already had his mate. Draconis had one mate in their lives and that was it. Any other feeling was just of comradeship. At least, that is what he told himself, despite the fact that a Draconis could sense whatever their true mate was when they touched them. When love was confessed, touching was no longer required. Both partners always knew how the other felt.

"Yes, my sweet Lynia. Jakir is feeling better than he has in over one thousand years. . . though I pray what makes him so happy is not stripped from him. Our High General could not bear it again." Alexhandr put his arms around Lynia's waist and nuzzled her neck, but never took his eyes off of Jakir and Rosalyn. A miracle was occurring. There simply was no other explanation.

Rosalyn hesitated, unsure how to really respond to his promises that he wouldn't leave her and that everything was going to get better. She didn't know if she believed him as he spoke of her people flourishing - it was so hard to even think such a thing after so much pain for so long. Yet, even as she began telling herself all of the ways he could be plotting to destroy her, the feel of his emotions came to mind. He didn't want to hurt her, he had been honest. As he laid his hand against her cheek for a moment, she felt like she was pushed into a swimming hole and then rapidly hauled back out again. It was like nearly drowning, and the amount that she took in did nothing but disorient her.

There was the concern and faint anxiety as before, and the affection was still there. Yet there was also a trace of guilt and a strong feeling that she could only call honor, but that wasn't the word for it. Whatever it was, it solidified his promises and convinced her that he would actually fight to ensure they came true.

"I don't understand, Alexhandr," Lynia admitted softly, sliding her arms up around his neck as he held her. Honestly she didn't really care what he meant, as long as it ended up with Jakir and Rosalyn being happy. Jakir feeling better was a good thing - and having Alex in her arms was even better. She teasingly licked a slow line below his ear as he nuzzled her, trailing the tip of her tongue up behind his ear. "I love you," she murmured with a smile, gently tugging him even closer to her.

"Jakir.." Rosalyn finally said, sorting out her thoughts and pushing them aside. "Is that invitation to join you for the feast still open or am I too late?" she asked, her fingertips lightly tracing over his hand every few seconds as though checking.

Jakir looked upon Rosalyn with tender, caring eyes. The void within them was filled with adoration and affection. His sapphire eyes were stunningly gorgeous when gazed at closely. But if one looked close enough, they could see the pain he held deep down inside of him. And the General's touch was astoundingly gentle. His hands were rough, scaled, and scarred, yet they were somehow wonderfully warm and comforting. Jakir fought personal feelings for Rosalyn, having the belief that what he was feeling was not natural and not real. He was right about one thing: the feeling was not at all natural.

"It is best you do not understand now, my beloved. I shall tell you a little later., Alex said, and then murred involuntarily as Lynia licked below his ear. He shuddered in delight and returned the tease by biting into the creamy, inviting flesh of her neck. "I love you more," he told her after nibbling at her neck. The king nuzzled his snout against the elf-gypsy's shoulder and looked back to Jakir and Rosalyn. 'Do not let any harm befall lady Rosalyn, O' Creator. Show mercy unto Jakir...' Alexhandr prayed.

Jakir was quite surprised by Rosalyn's request. As was Alexhandr. After a second of shock passing, the High General smiled and nodded his head even though Rosalyn could not see him do so.
"Aye, vorel Rosalyn. The invitation is still open. We have an hour before the feast." The blue Draconis then nuzzled Rosalyn's hand with his snout, comforting her further.

Lynia smiled at Alexhandr's reaction to her, loving the feel of his body shuddering against her smaller one. She closed her eyes happily and tipped her head as he bit her, sliding her arms around his waist as he claimed to love her more and nuzzled her. The fact that he was watching Jakir and Rosalyn escaped her - mostly because she was so wrapped in Alexhandr that she had nearly forgotten that they weren't alone in the room. She licked at his neck and chest, nibbling with a smile on his collarbone.

"You do not," she finally contradicted, turning and tugging his shirt gently to get him to follow her out to the balcony to give Rosalyn and Jakir some privacy and get some of their own for a few minutes.

Rosalyn waited patiently as Jakir hesitated before answering her. Her first assumption was that the feast was already over and he didn't want to have to tell her that, or that he had rethought his decision to invite her along. She tapped his hand gently again and felt surprise, which confused her slightly. Before she could really understand what he was so shocked about, he spoke to her and she blinked. The invitation was still open and they hadn't missed the feast?

She smiled a faint, slight, fleeting smile - but it was the closest she had come to a true smile in years. His nuzzling just made her caress his cheek for a moment before shifting forward suddenly so that she was perched on the edge of the couch. She wrapped her slender arms around him tightly and rested her forehead on his shoulder, the tiny smile tracing over her lips once more.

Alexhandr Ro Denthanor happily followed his mate to the balcony, knowing that Rosalyn and Jakir needed their privacy. Alex wrapped his scaled arms around Lynia's waist and pressed his snout against her nose. There was no creation more beautiful to him than his true mate. His soon to be queen. He kissed her lips tenderly and caressed her cheeks with the back of his hands. "So, my love. How do you take to the idea of being queen of Numinor?" He smiled and kissed her lips again before she could speak, holding his lips to hers for a good while before pulling away so she could respond. "By the way. I do love you more."

Jakir wrapped his arms around her in return and cooed in her ear. He planted a kiss on her cheek and then lifted her upward, carrying her out of the Alexhandr's room and into his own, laying her down on his dark-blue colored bed. He could tell how tired the sweet elven girl was. He covered her up with his warm blankets and then crawled in afterwards, snuggling up against her, an arm around her comfortingly.
"No evil shall ever come here," he said with a smile.

Lynia laughed as Alexhandr pushed his snout up against her nose, making a silly face at him. This was bliss. Every second with him was complete perfection - a feeling that she was already addicted to. She never wanted to let him go, and happily wrapped her arms up around his neck as he held her. His kisses were sweet and loving, and she returned them just the same. One hand traced the back of his neck and shoulders absently as she looked up at him, listening to him as he asked about being queen. She tried to respond, but his lips were on hers to quickly and she just smiled, kissing him back with a heated love that left her feeling as though they should kick Rosalyn and Jakir out to get the bed to themselves without any need to be polite.

"I have no idea how to be a queen, but I will do anything for you, my love," she finally responded delightedly, licking his lips a few times before laughing and continuing on. "And, no way! I love you the most, Alexhandr Ro Denthanor. You are my darling." Smiling up at him, she caressed him and tugged him closer all at once, utterly content.

Rosalyn slid from her perch on the edge of the couch as Jakir wrapped his arms around her in return, ending up settled in his lap in a somewhat uncomfortable angle. She shifted closer to him and found a lovely little spot nestled against him that was wonderfully comfortable and started to relax. Exhaustion made her a bit out of it thanks to going so long without sleep and all of the emotional stress of the day, but she did notice that Jakir kissed her on the cheek. For whatever reason, it didn't really bother her. A faint blush tinged her pale cheeks with a blanket of pink and she twitched slightly at the unexpected contact, but that was it.

She squeaked slightly as he picked her up, instinctively wrapping her arms around him and burrowing into his shoulder and the side of his neck. Yawning even as he laid her down, she felt nothing but soft bedding and warm blankets. It made her so, so sleepy. In seconds she was rubbing her eyes and curling into Jakir as he snuggled up to her. It felt so strange to be going to sleep in a bed - and that's when it hit her. She couldn't possibly sleep in a bed! It was just asking to be killed! No matter how safe Jakir made her feel everytime she touched him and felt his emotions, she could not overcome her habits like this.

"I can't.." she managed, sitting up and pulling away from him uncertainly.

"You will be Numinor's greatest queen. You are already her most beautiful. The Maker's Watchers are envious of your grace and elegance. Oh, my love, I have waited 1,400 years for this moment, and now I have found you. Blessed be! My nhee torke. My sweet angel!" He crooned and swayed over her, not even thinking about Jakir and Rosalyn anymore. There was Lynia and himself and no one else. Gingerly, he nibbled at her neck, leaving little bitemarks from where his teeth pierced her tender flesh.

Jakir gently wrapped his arms around Rosalyn from behind and nuzzled her neck, cooing softly into her elven ears.
"Shhh, my lady. You can. Nothing can get you here. No evil. No terror. Not even death will seek you here, for death has never found anyone in this castle." Jakir was once more in conflict with himself. He told himself repeatedly that this was the right thing to do. And it was. Of course it was. And he had no other motives for his actions. The truth was that Jakir knew why he was acting as he was, but he refused to accept it. At least, for the moment. She felt so right in his arms. She smelled heavenly. Her voice was celestial. Her skin was so creamy and...

Lynia blushed a little and shook her head with a smile as Alexhandr showered her with wonderful compliments, and she wrapped her arms up around his neck as they swayed together on the balcony. She didn't even realize that Jakir and Rosalyn had left the bedroom along with everybody else, leaving them free to go inside and continue this on the bed. At this point, it didn't really matter. Her head tipped to the side and she gasped a little as he nibbled on her, one hand resting on the back of his head. It felt wonderful, even though it was unexpected.

"You flatter me, my love. I do not deserve such sweet words! You are much too biased to see me properly," she replied, laughing softly as she kissed him several times, then realized it was getting rather late. "Oh dear! I haven't even changed for the feast and it's less than half an hour away!" she exclaimed anxiously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flinching as Jakir slid his arms around her, Rosalyn nearly pulled away to jump up from the bed, but then she felt him nuzzling her. The bare skin contact flooded her with tinges of reassurance and protection and she relaxed a little without even meaning to, listening to him as he promised that she was safe. She leaned back against him slightly, wondering if what he said was true. Could nothing get her here? Really?

She yawned uncontrollably, unable to stop it. Her slender body ached for a rest, and Jakir was unfairly comfortable to lay against. She found her brilliant blue eyes closing slowly even as she worried about whether or not sleeping was wise. It had been over three full days since she slept a single minute, and over a year since she slept more than a few fitful hours. Now she felt warm, comfortable and.. safe. That was when she realized it. Jakir made her feel safe and protected, more than she had in longer than she could even remember.

"Promise?" she murmured sleepily, her body nearly completely relaxed back against his even though she was still partially sitting up due to their positioning. She laid her head back on his shoulder and yawned once more before slowly falling into a light sleep.

Alexhandr Ro Denthanor grasped his future queen's hands in his and led her back into the bedroom, a naughty grin on his usually-innocent face. "You deserve every bit of it. And I shall have you know, we can be a little late to the feast. Or maybe a good bit late. It all depends..." At that, he firmly locked lips with her, his arms around her slender waist, and fell onto the bed. Alexhandr had no intention of attending the feast anytime soon. Rude, perhaps, but he did not care in the least at the moment. They could eat without him! Oh, he had many wicked plans running through his head. Innocence was fleeing him, and he was loving every moment of it!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jakir Aussir-Oth had never felt happier in his life. Slowly, he laid back against the bed, Rosalyn upon his chest. He pulled the warm blanket over the both of them and kissed Rosalyn gingerly on her neck, then rested his tail over her belly. The High General looked upward and gave a silent prayer to his Creator, caressing Rosalyn's cheeks with his fingers all the while. She felt perfect against him. She was small, but so full of warmth and light, despite her suffering. In the back of his mind was the horror and brutal pain of the great loss Jakir had endured throughout his years, but it was held back by the joy and wonderful feeling that flowed through him when he was around Rosalyn.

"I promise, lady Rosalyn. Upon my soul, which I would give to defend you from all that is wicked and evil," he whispered.

Lynia trailed after Alexhandr as he led her back inside from the balcony, only then noticing that Jakir and the quiet Rosalyn had taken their leave. That was soon the last thing on her mind as her attention moved back to her beloved. She was about to respond after he said that they could be late, wondering what it depended on, when his lips pressed to hers. Without another thought, she started kissing him back deeply and looped her arms around his neck. The feeling of the blankets hitting her back was the only thing that told her that he had pushed her onto the bed, and she just smiled against his lips and kissed him even more passionately.

"Alexhandr.." she murmured, breaking the kiss only to lick his chest slowly. She added a swift lick across his lips, then started kissing him again deeply. All she could think of right now was pushing this further, and she had the delightful feeling that he wasn't about to stop her.

--------------------------------

Rosalyn slept contentedly even while Jakir laid back and covered them with the blanket. She didn't stir when he kissed her neck, or when his tail draped over her belly like a security blanket. At first, when he caressed her cheeks, her dreams were filled with comfort and a warm joy that flooded her with happiness. It coaxed her into a deeper sleep that she hadn't gained in a very long time, making her dreams more solid and thorough. Just when she was at her fullest relaxation, her dreams began changing. Her thoughts were tinged with pain and the deep ache of terrible loss. Sorrow and wretched depression took over, creating violent nightmares of death and destruction.

"Nnnhn.." she whimpered softly, starting to get restless and squirm against Jakir. She relaxed for a moment, then flinched awake and screamed softly for a second before falling silent as she realized it had been a nightmare. Her mind was still filled to the brim with the horrible feelings and she had tears running down her cheeks suddenly, her chest aching with uncontrollable heartbreak. She gasped and rolled, now on her hands and knees on the bed next to Jakir as she struggled and fought to recover. "Pain.. So much pain.." she whispered brokenly, trying hard to sort out her true feelings from the ones she had taken on.

Alexhandr growled playfully as she kissed him, and then involuntarily moaned as her tongue ran up his chest. The Draconis shuddered and nipped at her tongue as it trailed quickly over his lips, and as soon as her soft elven form was kissing him again, he responded in kind. Never before was Alexhandr this happy. Never before had he felt this way. And never again would he feel alone or shrouded in darkness, overburdened and overstressed. His long, scaled fingers gently caressed his lover's cheeks and the side of her neck, and after a long, wet, messy kiss, he pulled his lips away and rubbed his snout against her nose. "I love you, my Queen," he murmured.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jakir sat up as he heard the young elf girl whimper. Immediately, he felt a sharp pain course through her, but it was too late. He crawled a bit away from her, already putting together what was going on. She was empathetic like Draconis were to their true mates. The situation had caused two things. One, Jakir was furious with himself. He blamed himself for Rosalyn's pains, because she was feeling his own. Two, he could no longer deny what Rosalyn was. She was his true mate, whether he told himself or not. The blue Draconis rubbed his face in prayer, knowing that the pain Rosalyn was enduring was his own. A great, terrible, and overwhelming pain that was haunting him for the past 800 years.
"I am sorry," he said to Rosalyn over and over, powerless to ease her pain... at the moment. Touching her would only make it worse.

Lynia absolutely loved every single sound that Alexhandr made. His growls, his moans, the slight change in his breathing as he shuddered on top of her and started kissing her again. She couldn't stop smiling, and she threw passion into the messy kiss that was steadily getting hotter and needier. As he pulled away, she looked up at him and slowly fixed her breathing back to normal, poking her nose against his snout. He was so sweet, she could barely handle it.

"I love you more, my King," she informed him with a loving smile, shifting slightly to give the illusion of a tiny bow even though she was laying on her back. She laughed at the absurdity of it all and slid her hands down his sides, kissing him softly a few times before speaking again. "So, how late do you want to be?" she asked mischievously, grinning.

--------------------------------

Rosalyn could barely even focus on her own thoughts, but she tried. Jakir speaking to her was helping, even though all he was doing was apologizing repeatedly. That meant that he at least realized what had happened, but she didn't quite grasp it yet. She knew that it had to have come from him since he was touching her, but she didn't understand why he was filled with such a horrible pain. Now wasn't the time to question it - she was on her knees and elbows, face cradled in her hands as she sobbed helplessly and tried to force herself to recognize that they weren't her own emotions.

"Where did they go? Why are they gone? Why? Why can't they come back?" she sobbed brokenly, though honestly she had no idea what 'they' she was talking about or why it hurt so much. After a few more moments she collapsed, drained of energy completely and too mentally spent to focus on staying upright. She just laid there, half sprawled on the middle of the bed, curled in a defensive manner halfway. Slowly the thoughts and emotions were fading and she stopped crying, but she was more exhausted than ever and didn't feel that she could even crawl back.

"Jakir?" she asked softly, drowsy.