Novice role-player here

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Faynman

Original poster
I hate to admit it, but I've never had a single serious role-play ever. Although I've been looking for a year or two now, the website I migrated from were filled with perverts and afkers. You can see why I stayed away from the former. I found this site awhile ago, but I was never able to do anything with my membership because the roleplaying system here was broken (or something like that). Since then, this website has completely disappeared from my radar until now. Nonetheless, I would like to say: Hello Iwaku! My classes start soon, so I doubt I'll have much time to give this site any attention; however, I'd like to make the most out of my remaining two weeks.

PS: Anyone who figures out the origins of my username (without the aid of google) deserves my love.

:) Welcome fellow newbie!

Welcome to Iwaku! I'm sorry that you had problems when you were here before, and I'm not sure what issue you're referring to, but I hope that it's all cleared up. But regardless, we're happy to have you here.

Welcome to Iwaku! I'm sorry that you had problems when you were here before, and I'm not sure what issue you're referring to, but I hope that it's all cleared up. But regardless, we're happy to have you here.
Thanks a lot. I don't remember the relative dating of the event I'm referring to, but I know that the admins referred to the roleplaying system as "broken". A lot of existing role-plays had to be moved somewhere else. My memory of what happened is pretty foggy.

Hello and welcome back! 8D We weren't quite "broken" so much as took a big risk with something new that totally went wrong and didn't work at all. T___T

But now everything is back to normal, yay!

Welcome to Iwaku! Like Diana said, the RP system here is back to the way everyone likes it, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding RP's to join. ^^ I hope you enjoy RPing here!

Welcome!
And yep everything works now!

Also, I did have to google the username, but there's something vaguely familiar about your avatar. Can I ask where it's from?

Welcome :D!
Hopefully you'll still be able to pop in once in a while and say hi to us iwaku folk!

If you need help or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :D

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes!

Welcome!
And yep everything works now!

Also, I did have to google the username, but there's something vaguely familiar about your avatar. Can I ask where it's from?
Haha, I wouldn't expect anyone to know where it came from anyways; the rose is actually from the ending theme of cowboy bebop: the Real Folk blues. There should also be a paper crane to the left, but I cropped it out because I thought the rose looked better on its own.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere!
Cowboy Bebop is a favorite of mine ^_^

Did someone say Cowboy Bebop?!

Ok, this is a shot in the dark but, is the "Fay" in Faynman maybe a contraction of Faye (the character)? XD

Welcome to Iwaku, by the way!

Hi there!
Moving sites and all that jazz can be very confusing but I'm glad that you found your way back.
If you find yourself unsure of something, needing help, etc. again there are tons of avenues available.
There is the Help Desk for issues that you can't get sorted, the Help section on the toolbar at the top, and even nabbing a staff member (find us with the shiny red names).
Welcome!

Hey Faynman! Sorry to hear you had trouble before, but you should be all good now. You must have joined right around when we were switching everything back to regular forums, which actually didn't take that long.

Also, Cowboy Bebop is awesome.

Hello Faynman! I'm Touch of Insanity or Insanity for short! Welcome to this wonderful place, or well back. I hope in your hunt for some role play goes well! School can make life pretty crazy! I'm currently getting my major in Humanities and minors in Classic and History. What are you studies in? Maybe we like the same things! Sadly I don't know what your name means T_T so I get no love </3. However! If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me! Or if you just want to chat. You can also find me hanging out in our Chatrooms if you'd like to hang out!

I hate to admit it, but I've never had a single serious role-play ever.
dph.gif

Great place to start! This site makes roleplaying easy, as it does hypnotizing people, I mean yes, just easy as cutting through butter. Anyway, naw this site is pretty awesome. People are super chill and work with newbies to advanced to whatever else comes after that, I don't know and won't waste the energy looking.

If you need anything go ahead and message me.​

I hate to admit it, but I've never had a single serious role-play ever. Although I've been looking for a year or two now, the website I migrated from were filled with perverts and afkers. You can see why I stayed away from the former. I found this site awhile ago, but I was never able to do anything with my membership because the roleplaying system here was broken (or something like that). Since then, this website has completely disappeared from my radar until now. Nonetheless, I would like to say: Hello Iwaku! My classes start soon, so I doubt I'll have much time to give this site any attention; however, I'd like to make the most out of my remaining two weeks.

PS: Anyone who figures out the origins of my username (without the aid of google) deserves my love.
Hi, Feynman! Welcome to Iwaku. Things are fairly settled on the RP system now, so hopefully that should welcome you a bit more!

What sorts of RPs do you enjoy? I'm always looking for new partners, so maybe if we hit it off, we can go to PM and discuss something!

Status
Not open for further replies.