Not What It Seems (Plot title, not description of plot...or maybe it is...)

Literary_Dreamer

Rêveuse Littéraire
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
  3. No Preferences
Genres
I love vampire role-plays. I like sci-fi with a distopian plot. I like yaoi quite well, but I do het pairings just as often. A touch of romance is good but I prefer romantic comedy to straight romance.
I'll start by being honest, I'm not a very beginner friendly role-player. That isn't to say that I don't like beginners, it's just that I tend to intimidate them. I may be new to this site but I've been writing for a little over ten years now and I've been role-playing for almost five. That experience isn't for nothing. On top of being a fairly skilled writer, I'm a very aggressive role-player. If my partner isn't confident enough, I can inadvertently derail a role-play with my tendency to throw in too many twists.

Because of the above, I'm looking for a self-confident partner who is also on the more aggressive side of the spectrum. I want someone who will fight back when I try a plot takeover. Good grammar and long posts are always appreciated but I don't demand perfect grammar (I make mistakes, too) and the only thing I require from a post is something I can respond to.

With that said, I'll move on to discuss the plot.

Your character is obsessed with vampires. She is this universe's equivalent to a "Twi-hard". (I would like to note that I've got nothing against Twilight or its fans, but it is infamous for the ferocity of its fans and that is the reason for the reference.) She is so obsessed that mortal men aren't good enough for her and she'd prefer a date with a book than a date with a real man. What she's looking for is a vampire charming and there is no such man in town...until my character moves in, that is. Your character takes one look at him and dubs him "perfect". Even though she knows he isn't a vampire, he's close enough to do. When she starts to get to know him, however, she begins to suspect that he might really be a vampire charming.

Additional notes:
-My character is between the ages of 17 and 21. You pick an age for your character and I will adjust his age to fit hers.
-I already have one twist in mind for this plot, but I'm not telling because that would ruin the surprise.
-I don't require character sheets, but I still want everything that would be put in them to be revealed through the story.
-I can post once a day for now, I'd like you to post at least once a week.
-I have multiple characters, I encourage you to do the same.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! If you have questions, feel free to ask. (I will note that I am too new to PM at the moment.)

~Lorien

I'm interested!

I'm all the above, and then some. I've been writing for a long while myself, dangerously falling into despair as I try to better those skills for the bigger world. I'm on all day - mainly because I own my own graphics company and I do everything out of my home studio, while my employees handle the shop in town. Plus, I'm a online student, and teach music classes. So, everything I do just ends up at home. Therefore, I'm always on - in a sense - or available to post throughout most of the day.

Anywho, scan through my RP and Mature Resume for a glimpse at what those meager skills are. I believe we're compatible - writing wise.

I'm a vampire fanatic, just not so Twi-Hard, but can play crazy enough to become such. LOL! I'm also a major plot bunny mama! If someone has an idea, I tend to over analyze it enough to come up with various ideas for scenes and such - tying into the overall just of the main plot. And throughout the RP, something will spark more ideas - so , you'll receive a lot of idea postings here, or via PM when you're clear for them, that might enhance or move the plot further along.

I'm also a charrie bunny as well. I believe in one of my major RPs (going on for about five years - with a total of eight books already completed in the series) I had only one main charrie, but created a total of 98 NPC's that came and went throughout the course of the series.

If that's serious enough for you, then you had me at hello.

That is absolutely serious enough.

I'm especially excited that you say you're a vampire fanatic and that you're confident you can play the obsession of a "Twi-hard". I've tried this plot on other sites before and I've come across the problem of people not being able to play a vampire fanatic, let alone a Twilight obsessed fan-girl.

I also love new ideas, part of the reason I role-play is because I love getting other people's ideas on where to lead my plot. (I am clear for PM now, by the way.)

I agree that we are compatible writing-wise. (I'm sorry I don't have an example on my RP Resume for you to see yet, I'm still sifting through old posts to find one that I like sufficiently to put up there.)

That is an amazing number of extras. I usually stop at about ten extras for a role-play. I've got upwards of thirty for my novel, but I've been working on that longer than I've been role-playing.

Anyway, do you have any questions about the plot or shall we begin?

~Lorien

Tommy-DayandNight.jpg

Tabitha (Tabby) Covehaven

Description: Blond hair, hazel eyes, fair complexion, 5'6" height, 130lb.

Tabby works as a barista at Barnes & Noble in the shopping center across the street from the north side of Western Washington University in Port Angeles. She's a Psychology manor, with a minor in Theater.

Her parents wondered why she wanted to head all the way to Washington State for college, which is a long way from Florida… but, they never were into the Twilight Series… Well, at least they were able to talk her into a different major besides Theater; something more stable….

Team Edward

Tabby just purchased a set of temporary fangs that attach to her teeth, so she can get use to the idea of having permanent fangs added one day.

Alright, that's for my benefit, as much as it is yours.

We can start, if you're ready. Most of her personality and stuff will be expressed in the RP...as soon as I learn of them myself. I'm just going to let her develop as I see her more. Other than that, I'm good.

Oh, and my postings will be a bit slow today. I'm multitasking to get three large projects out the door for clients today, as well as turn in homework that's due before the holidays hits me in the face. I'll be around, as always, but not as long as I would want... :)

I'll give you a brief overview of my character like what you gave me so we can start off on even footing on what we know about each others' characters.

alecraw.jpeg

(I apologize for the poor quality of the picture...and his hair should be red...)

Lee Karder
Description: Red hair, green eyes, fair complexion, 5'11", 165 lbs.

Lee is a Creative Writing major with a Psychology minor who just transferred to Western Washington University. He makes his living by selling short stories to magazines.

He moved to to Washington with his sister, Rebekah. It was Lee's idea to move; it was Rebekah's idea to go to Washington. Rebekah's reason was something about it being "quaint and ironic".

Lee spends most of his free time frequenting coffee shops and bookstores, including Barnes & Noble where he never leaves without buying something and he almost always stops for coffee. (This was in his home town, he's only just moved to Port Angeles.)

I will get the thread up shortly and put the link here for you.

~Lorien

YEEEE!

*fangirl squeal*

See, I'm at it already! LOL!

Oh, it's beyond par! Beautiful, actually. Let me know the same as well - when I actually post. LOL!

I'm working on my OP - and will post it as soon as I clear up a few more projects this evening. I'll be up for a while, but I have to finish my Christmas rush before I can stop to do anything this time. Normally, I'm doing both at the same time, but work has really hit me hard this time - I mean, with brass knuckles and everything!

My NPC's
I have no clue what's up with them, but they are what popped out of my head.... So, might as well make some use of them, eh?
I also don't know if they will all be used or not, but they are here.

Nickolas Elad (Nick)

Appearance: 6'4", 175 lbs, dark brunette hair, beard/mustache on occasion, dark blue eyes. Several tattoos on back, Rt. calf, Rt. shoulder.

Personality/History: A typical guy who's fed up with life and growing a hermit's beard as he mooches off of his young roommate, Tabitha, just because she's too weak to kick him out. He met Tabitha two years ago through a common friend, Zach Bruner (Theatre friend), which gave him the advantage he needed at the time. Playing the 'friend card' here has given him a place to stay, three square meals, two cats to play with, and free WiFi and HDTV so far. But, he's getting sick of feeling so guilty for using her. Through Zach, Nick also landed a job at the docks in the Inventory/Inspection Dept. He's not getting paid enough for to afford his own apartment – but enough to help her out and keep his head above water.

He's been out of prison for several years for a tragic incident that was an unfortunate accident on his part (DWI). His lack of motivation is not due to laziness, even though that's what he wants his roommate to believe; but his attitude comes from a lack of self-worth and an overwhelmingly sick feeling of guilt. Tabitha has kept him around, not only to help him with his problems, but he's the topic of her Psychology paper for her final.

Kendra Rowe
MV5BOTQ0NDI3MTU0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE3ODQzMQ_V1_SX450_SY304__zps3619b98c.jpg

Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height & Weight: 5'8" 140 lbs.
Personality: Kendra is a strong, mature woman with a good sense of self and a caring heart. She always tries to be helpful and friendly, no matter the circumstances. She sometimes struggles with these ideals, especially when her anger or her cold-micromanagement side gets in the way, but her well-founded morals and experience helps her along. She's a tough boss to work for, but fair and sensible.

Connor Rowe
johnny-pacar-1354120249_zpsd64ce2b6.jpg

Occupation: Part-time barista at Barnes & Nobles' Coffee Shop, part-time college student
Hair: Dirty Blonde/Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height & Weight: 6'" and 160 lbs.

Personality: Conner has trouble finding friends, mainly due to how his tends to push his false ego around others, when everyone knows it's all talk. Being a perfectionist, he turns competitive against anyone who's better than him - which is pretty much everyone. He's a bit of a flirt around pretty girls, but it's actually out of insecurity; he hasn't managed to successfully date for several years.

Min Ji Park
iu_puts_a_hand_to_her_face_for_the_camera_tn-1383.png

Occupation: Barista at B&N coffee shop, Student at University, in her 2nd year still undecided on her major.

Appearance:
Hair color/style: Black/ Dark brown, long.
Eye color: Dark brown
Height and Weight: 170cm (5'5"), 60kg (132lbs)

Personality: Min Ji is too "Americanized", she doesn't mind this though. She's bold and outspoken, and acts more like a child than anything, and though she can be sweet and kind, can also come off as childish through her actions, such as whining or pouting. She is very outgoing and social, and enjoys making friends. Min Ji also likes 'observing' people. She is always watching people and drawing little things here and there either on a napkin, or in her books, etc. She's always had a good sense of fashion, and her mind is always wandering around about the next big thing. She's also Team Edward.

Zackary Bruner (Zack)

Appearance: 5'9", 135 lbs, somewhat of a stick on steroids, long brunette hair, dark brown eyes - sometimes beard, sometimes no beard.

Personality/History:
Doesn't know why he's in college – just keeping his parents proud of him enough to feed his bank account. (They believe he's a Chemistry major. I wonder why?) He mainly uses his talents in performing illusions and sleight of hand on the streets. He wants to be the next David Blaine or Angel, but mostly just does magic for the fun of it. He really doesn't know what he wants to do in his life, and often times goes all emo and blows out on anything in a bottle. Works part time at the Docks with Nick.

I wasn't going to put up pictures for my NPCs because I didn't think I could find good enough pictures for them...but I recently did a little digging and found some I'm decently happy with.

Lee Karder:
lee1.jpg
(Revised Profile) Lee Karder
Description: Red hair, green eyes, fair complexion, 5'11", 155 lbs.

Lee is a Creative Writing major with a Psychology minor who just transferred to Western Washington University. He makes his living by selling short stories to magazines.

He moved to to Washington with his sister, Rebekah. It was Lee's idea to move; it was Rebekah's idea to go to Washington. Rebekah's reason was something about it being "quaint and ironic".

Lee spends most of his free time frequenting coffee shops and bookstores, including Barnes & Noble where he never leaves without buying something and he almost always stops for coffee. (This was in his home town, he's only just moved to Port Angeles.)

Rebekah (Rika) Karder:
rika1.jpg (Eyes should be green...)

Appearance: 5'7", 120lbs. Long black curly hair. Green eyes. Fair skin.

Personality/History: Rika spent most of her life in the care of one man or another...until one day she found herself on the street with nowhere to go and a child to look after. She's feisty and stubborn with a dash of eccentricity thrown in on top of it. She has worked almost every odd job available to a young woman with no high school diploma. She managed to make enough money to move herself and the child around every year or so, but it wasn't until Lee was able to work that they really had any extra money. Her past is darker than she'd like anybody, especially Lee, to know and she's running from more than just her ex-husband.

Kasiya Creag:

kasiya1.jpg (Eyes should be dark, black brown.)

Appearance: 5'9", 148lbs, black hair, brown eyes, pale complexion.

Personality/History: Kasiya is widely regarded to be the oldest surviving vampire, though his actual age is known only to him. Regardless, he is so old that he once gave up on trying to hide what he was. He was daring the humans to find him out and end him. It didn't work. No one believed in vampires anymore and they all thought he was insane. He decided he liked being insane and kept up the rouse. Kasiya also has the ability to see the future. (All vampires dream in premonitions but they are vague and must be deciphered; Kasyia has the entirety of time pouring into his head and spelled out clearly.) His visions will make him forget what time he is in sometimes. He's taken to playing up that particular eccentricity to use in his act of harmless insanity. He is Keane's sire and long time best friend. He is also Lee's Editor. He considers himself to be Rika's protector in Keane's absence.

Arianna Jane (AJ) Rossen:
arianna1.jpg

Occupation: Unemployed. Thinking about geting a GED so she can go to college, but not without Adrian's permission.

Appearance: Red hair, blue eyes, 5'4", 120lbs, fair skin.

Personality/History: AJ was a classmate of Lee's in high school. She got into some trouble with the undead and ended up running away with a vampire shortly before the start of her sophomore year. Despite this, she was not turned until she was eighteen. She's been living with the vampire ever since she ran away in a quasi-romantic relationship. They traveled Europe together but settled in Seattle after she was turned. She kept in contact with Lee over email but hadn't seen him since she ran away.

Adrian Vardell:

adrian1.jpg

Occupation: Currently unemployed. (Taking care of a young vampire is a full-time occupation and he's got enough money stored away to not have a need to work for some time.)

Appearance: Dark hair, dark eyes, sometimes wears facial hair (mostly just scruff though, from when he's not in the mood to shave). 5'11", 170lbs.

Personality/History: Adrian was born into a family of vampire hunters but an unfortunate turn of events made him a vampire fairly young. When he was lost and had nowhere to go, Rika took him in. He fell in love with Rika then and has hated Keane ever since, especially after Keane and Rika fought, leaving Rika uninterested in love except for motherly/sisterly love for Lee. He has spent most of his life alone, paranoid in the shadows, because he knows the vampire hunters too well and is terrified that they should find him or those he cares for. He was visiting Rika when one of Lee's friends got on the wrong side of the vampire hunters. Pitying the girl, he offered her a way out and she took it. When she turned eighteen, the girl asked him to turn her and he did so that he would not have to be alone anymore.

Keane Carrson:
keane2.jpg

Occupation: Doctor (over the years, he's specialized in almost every field of medicine. Currently working in the ER where things are exciting and his talents are best put to use.)

Appearance: 6'0" 157lbs. White blond hair, pale blue eyes, fair complexion.

Personality/History: Keane is Rika's ex-husband. He is also her sire and took care of her for most of her life. After a fight, they separated. Rika thought she escaped him, but Kasiya gave him regular reports on how she was doing and where she was. Keane chose never to seek her out. Something changed recently and he's gone to Port Angeles to find her.

I hope these can be of use.

~Lorien

Reactions: 1 person
Awesome charrie layouts! Yes, this does help out. I'm such a visual person. If I didn't have a pic of a charrie to help my mental picture, I would have probably drawn them out for the hell of it just to see how close I can come to your vision of them just through your examples and their actions in the RP...

Done it before - when I actually had the time to... and wasn't too far off on a few of the charries. :)

Thank you. I'm normally not very good with character sheets, but these characters are near and dear to my heart so it makes it easier. I'm more anxious to find my good picture of Keane back now, though. He's my favourite (my favourite it almost never my main character, oddly enough) and I'd hate for you to be left with that awful picture of him.

I wish I could draw, I would if I could because it's easier than searching for pictures that fit.

If you drew my characters, I'd love to see... I'm always curious what my descriptions lead people to envision.

Back to hunting for the good picture and thinking of a post!

~Lorien

Reactions: 1 person
Just keeping out OCC up. :)

lucius3.jpg
There's Lucius.

Devon Rex cats aren't the most common around, so I thought I'd give you a picture.

Just keeping our notes out of the graveyard.

I am - hopefully - going to be posting next week. I've had a major two week Easter rush with my company, and after several days of fasting sleep, I'm almost about to catch up on everything for timely deliveries.

Until then. :)

There were three farmers in the North and as they were passing by
They swore an oath, a mighty oath that John Barleycorn should die
One of them says we'll drown him and the other says hang him high
A whiff of the stick of the barley grain and a-beggin' he will die
With me fal-er-a-lind-a-me too-ra-lunda-me whack-fal-diddle-di-ay

They put poor barley into the sack on that cold and rainy day
They carried him off to the garden field, they buried him in the clay
The frost and snow began to melt and the dew began to fall
And barley grain rolled up he said that he'd soon surprise them all

Bein' in the summer season with the harvest comin' on
He stands up in the field with a beard like any man
The reaper came to wield his sickle and he used me barbarously,
He cut me by the middle so small, he cut me above the knee

Then next came master binder and he looked on me with a frown
For in the middle there was a thistle, which bowled his courage down
The farmer came with his pitchfork, he pierced me thru the heart
Like a thief, a robber, or highwaymen they tied me to the cart

The thresher came with his big flail, he nearly broke me bones
T'would grieve the heart of any man just to hear me sighs and moans
The next thing that they done to me was to drown me in the well
They left me there for a day and a half or until I began to swell

The next thing that they done to me was they dried me in the kiln
They used me ten times worse than that when they ground me in the mill
The used me in the kitchen and the used me in the hall
They used me up in the parlor, among the ladies all

The barley grain is a comical grain he makes men sigh and moan
For when they take a glass of me they forget their wives at home
The drunkard he is a dirty man and he uses me worst of all
He takes me up in his dirty mouth and he stumbles against the wall

There were three farmers in the North and as they were passing by
They swore an oath, a mighty oath that John Barleycorn should die
One of them says we'll drown him and the other says hang him high
A whiff of the stick of the barley grain and a-beggin' he will die

These are the lyrics to the song Keane sang, in case you might want to know them.

~Lorien

I so love Celtic songs!

The Parting Glass Lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=281kKqrkRlw

Siúil a Rúin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV4Serbwg0k

I would I were on yonder hill
'Tis there I'd sit and cry my fill
And every tear would turn a mill
Is go dtí tú mo ḿhuirnín slán. (And may you go safely my dear)
I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel
I'll sell my only spinning wheel
To buy my love a sword of steel
Is go dtí tú mo ḿhuirnín slán.

Siúil, siúil, siúil a rúin
Siúil go sochair agus siúil go ciúin
Siúil go doras agus ealaigh liom
Is go dtí tú mo ḿhuirnín slán

(Go, go, go my love
Go quietly and peacefully
Go to the door and flee with me
And may you go safely my dear.)
I'll dye my petticoats, I'll dye them red
And go round the world I'll beg for bread
Until my parents shall wish me dead

I wish, I wish, I wish him vain
I wish I had my heart again
And vainly think I'd not complain

And now my love had gone to France
To try his fortune to advance
If he e'er comes back 'tis but a chance

Siúil, siúil, siúil a rúin
Siúil go sochair agus siúil go ciúin
Siúil go doras agus ealaigh liom
Is go dtí tú mo ḿhuirnín slán

Here are the lyrics to the songs Keane sang.

Whiskey in the Jar
As I was goin' over the Cork and Kerry mountains
I met with Captain Farrell and his money he was counting
I first produced me pistol and then produced me rapier
I said, "Stand and deliver, for you are a bold deceiver!"

Musha rin dum-a do dum-a da
Whack for the daddy-o
Whack for the daddy-o
There's whiskey in the jar

I counted out his money, he paid a pretty penny
I put it in me pocket and I took it home to Jenny
She spoiled and she swore that she never would deceive me
But the Devil take the women for they never can be easy with me

Whack for the daddy-o
Whack for the daddy-o

I went into me chambers for to take some slumber
I dreamt of gold and jewels and for sure it was no wonder
For Jenny took me charges; she filled them up with water
She called for Captain Farrell to be ready for the slaughter

Whack for the daddy-o
Whack for the daddy-o

It was early in the mornin' before I rose to travel
There were soldiers all around and likewise Captain Farrell
Well, I drew upon me pistol, she stole away me rapier
I couldn't shoot the water so a prisoner I was taken

Whack for the daddy-o
Whack for the daddy-o

Some take delight in the fishin' and the plowin'
While other's take delight in the carriages gentle rollin'
Well, I take delight in the juice of the barley
And courtin' pretty women in the mountains of Killarney

Whack for the daddy-o
Whack for the daddy-o

Whack for the daddy-o
Whack for the daddy-o

I'll Tell Me Ma
I'll tell me ma when I get home
The boys won't leave the girls alone
They pulled my hair and they stole my comb
But that's all right 'til I get home

She is handsome, she is pretty
She is the belle of Belfast city
She is courtin' one, two, three
Please, won't you tell me who is she?

Alberty Mooney says he loves her
All the boys are fightin' for her
Knockin' on the door and ringin' on the bell
Sayin', "Oh, my true love, are you well?"

Out she comes, as white as snow
Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes
Ol' Jenny Murray says she'll die
If she doesn't get the fellow with the rovin' eye

But the wind and the rain and the hail blow high
And the snow come tumbling from the sky
She's as nice as apple pie and
She'll get her own lad by-and-by

When she gets a lad of her own
She won't tell her ma when she comes home
Let them all come as they will
For it's Albert Mooney she loves still

Come Out Ye Black And Tans
I was born on a Dublin street
Where the royal drums did beat
And the lovin' English feet, they tramped all o'er us
And each and every night
When me da would come home tight
He'd invite the neighbours outside with this chorus

Ah, come out ye black and tans
Come out and fight me like a man
Show your wife how you won medals down in Flanders
Tell her how the I.R.A. made you run like hell away
From the green and lovely lanes of Killeshandra

Come and let me hear you tell
How you slandered great Parnell
When you thought him well and truly persecuted
Where are the sneers and jeers
That you bravely let us hear
When our heroes of sixteen were executed

Come tell us how you slew
Those brave Arabs two by two
Like the Zulus they had spears and bows and arrows
How you bravely slew each one
With your sixteen pounder gun
And you frightened them poor natives to their marrow

Well, the day is comin' fast
And the time is here at last
When each shoneen will be cast aside before us
And, if there be a need,
Sure my kids will sing, "Godspeed!"
With a verse or two of Stephen Behan's chorus

Flower Of Magherally
One pleasant summer's mornin' and all the flowers were springin', oh
Nature was adornin' and the wee birds sweetly singin', oh
I met my love near Baybridge town, my charming blue-eyed Sally, oh
She's my queen and my heart's delight, the flower of Magherally, oh

With admiration, I did gaze upon this blue-eyed maiden, oh
Adam wasn't half as pleased when he met his Eve in Eden, oh
Like Venus bright she did appear, my charming blue-eyed Sally, oh

Her yellow hair in ringlets clung; her shoes were Spanish leather, oh
Her bonnet with blue ribbons strung, her scarlet cap and feather, oh
Her skin was like the lily white that grows in yonder valley, oh

I hope the day will surely come when we'll join hands together, oh
It's then I'll bring my darling home, despite the wind or weather, oh
Let them all say what they will, let them rail and rally, oh
For I shall wed the girl I love—the flower of Magherally, oh

(For the last one, Keane changed the lyrics...so it wouldn't actually rhyme as well and would look more like this

One pleasant summer's mornin' and all the flowers were springin', oh
Nature was adornin' and the wee birds sweetly singin', oh
I met my love near Baybridge town, my charming green-eyed Rika, oh

With admiration, I did gaze upon this green-eyed maiden, oh
Adam wasn't half as pleased when he met his Eve in Eden, oh
Like Venus bright she did appear, my charming green-eyed Rika, oh

Her raven hair in ringlets clung; her shoes were Spanish leather, oh
Her bonnet with blue ribbons strung, her scarlet cap and feather, oh
Her skin was like the lily white that grows in yonder valley, oh

I hope the day will surely come when we'll join hands together, oh
It's then I'll bring my darling home, despite the wind or weather, oh
Let them all say what they will, let them rail and rally, oh
For I shall wed the girl I love—the flower of Magherally, oh)

I won't add Parting Glass, since you're the one who suggested it so I assume you know the lyrics.

~Lorien