As the title says, not sure what to classify this as

Rant?

Positivity?

Perhaps both.

My life has been

well it's sure been

I'm now approaching a year of HRT

I've undergone several sessions of laser hair removal

I've changed my wardrobe, changed my hair, changed my posture, changed my presentation

I'm disowned by my father

I've had to come to terms with rape

I've had to come to terms with my trauma

I've had to come to terms with the abuse I experienced through my life

I've had to deal with more death threats than I'd thought I would

I've had to deal with more rape threats and attempts than I'd ever like to

I've had to deal with people pulling weapons on me, spitting at me, calling for my extermination, for the extermination of all my friends

I've gotten high in a way that wasn't ridiculous and under the eyes of my pothead mother

I've learned a lot about perspectives I never could have simply understood through reading- by living alongside and struggling with others different to myself

I've begun and then ended a relationship with my first cismale which was interesting

I've come to accept that I'm poly af, and at one point was with... 5 different romantic partners? I'm down to 2 sorta 3 now, but it's still fucking aces

I've struggled with and largely overcome my eating disorder now

I've gained back some of the weight I worked so hard to lose but am still a small at least

I'm moving halfway cross the country for love

I'm stronger than I've ever been

I've spoken in front of crowds, on the streets, and protected myself as necessary

I've helped organise, I've helped educate, and yet I'm still learning more each day

I've stood my ground and demanded my right to exist, and to love

I've become the first person in my family to look my father in the eye and tell him that he's wrong

I've become self critical in a way that doesn't tear myself down, but instead builds me up

I've learned to accept compliments

I've learned to be critical of disparaging remarks and not just accept them

I've learned to compliment myself

I've learned how to be wrong

I've changed my life

I've changed my name

I've changed my future

2016 has been a crucible for me

But I'm coming out on top

Where I fucking belong

From the way I see it, it's positivity. You've become a stronger person and you can be who you are. Congratulations on working towards a better, most deserved life for yourself <3

Status
Not open for further replies.