Night Vale Podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hellis

Original poster
So, I have no idea how I missed this piece of audio brilliance. But man, I have been listening to it all day and it's so incredibly enterteining. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about: Night Vale is a podcast in the form of a fictional radiostation. The station is in fictional town thats basicly wierdness central. It has some pretty good satirical stuff in there as well.

NightValeRadio

Ooooh I love Night Vale. owo How far are you, currently?

Started listening today
Well then there still remains a ton of awesome stuff to look forward to, my friend. XD

There's also a Night Vale novel... which I'm sure you'll start hearing announcements about once you get towards the later episodes.

Welcome to Nightvale is hilarious. They also have humorous twitter and Facebook posts!

Started listening today
God-s-nature-smiling-god-the-creator-12464811-640-484.jpg

You're in for a good time! =D I like to listen when I'm biking or walking.

You're in for a good time! =D I like to listen when I'm biking or walking.

Mmm. I sometimes listen to it when doing laundry... However, given the fact that I live in a dorm building and therefore have to use a laundry room with lots of other people in it, I sometimes wonder what people must think of me when I start visibly reacting to it... XD I feel like people generally assume that headphones = music. I doubt something as bizarre as Night Vale would typically come to mind.

Reactions: The Mood is Write
Á story about you is a magnificent narrative experience

Mmm. You're kind of making me want to re-listen to the early episodes.

I actually just started listening to it from the beginning again myself. I usually listen to it when I go out to run errands. I get anxiety when I'm in crowded spaces by myself and I find Cecil's voice soothing and distracting enough that listening to the podcast keeps me relatively calm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kagayours
Also. Cecils creepy crushing on Carlos warms my decrepid heart.

For being such a creepy podcast, Cecil's voice does wonders for a lot of people with anxiety issues.

I dunno. The man basicly throwed veiled threats at a barber for fucking up his bonerobjects hairdo

I was introduced to Welcome to Night Vale a couple years ago, and have been a listener since. I love listening to it while doing chores around the house and during my commute to and from work. It combines otherworldly dread of H.P. Lovecraft with the satirical style of Terry Pratchett. I hope to sample their imaginary corn cakes some day.

On a related note, did you know Joseph Fink recently started another podcast on the side called "Alice Isn't Dead"? Similar flavor to Night Vale, but done from the point of view of a trucker trying to find her lover/wife, whom she thought was dead a while ago.
All hail the mighty Glow Cloud.
All hail its power to rain dead upon us. Literally.

Just wait until you hear about the Night Vale cat. Khoshekh is the cutest thing!

It combines otherworldly dread of H.P. Lovecraft with the satirical style of Terry Pratchett. I hope to sample their imaginary corn
This. All of this. Discworld is my all time fave series of books. HP is my fave horror mythos creator. The combination just makes me so fucking happy.

Also Jesús Christmas desert bluff. ...

A coworker was just telling me about this! I'm gonna check it out later

Status
Not open for further replies.