Newspaper Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jade's eyes shone with excitement. He likes Romeo and Juliet too?! She took the sketchpad from him gently, taking extra care with his work so as not to damage or stain it. A soft breath escapes her lips in awe at the beautiful scenes he drew. Juliet looked a little like Jade, but Romeo looked exactly how she had pictured him. Perfect.
"I know it's odd for a jock like me to enjoy drawing but... I just love the freedom I have when I draw." His dazzling smile had her eyes caught until she smiles a little and pulls his gift of paper out from under his sketchpad again. the blue ink smeared a little on the page form how quickly she wrote. She was just glad it was still legible. These are beautiful. I can't believe you drew this; they look almost just like I pictured them. Mostly Romeo. You are so talented. And this talent of yours isn't strange. You may be considered a jock, but right now, you are an artist.
Jade passed the paper for him to read as she flipped to the next page, gasping at the perfect kiss scene between the young, famous lovers. Her fingers gently traced their faces, so realistic and gorgeous. Again, that strange similarity between Juliet and Jade stuck out to her, but she ignored it. It couldn't have been on purpose anyway. The girl in the drawing was much more attractive.
Jade pulled off her hoodie as the weather demanded, leaving her in a tight, black tank top as she set her red hoodie next to her purse.

Last edited:
Austin chuckles, seeing her excitement when he says he liked Romeo & Juliet too. He watches her look at his drawings. He hoped she didn't notice how he drew her as Juliet and him as Romeo. He watches her write again and he reads it.

These are beautiful. I can't believe you drew this; they look almost just like I pictured them. Mostly Romeo. You are so talented. And this talent of yours isn't strange. You may be considered a jock, but right now, you are an artist.

He can't help but smile, reading what she wrote. He actually even blushes slightly. "Thanks Jade. I don't really show anyone my drawings." He replies, looking at her. "You can look at the rest of the book. I don't mind. The last one is still a work in progress." He says smiling.

He watches her look at the rest of his Romeo & Juliet drawings, stopping at the kiss one. That was his favorite, the one he loved the most. So far it looked like she didn't notice the similarity between her and Juliet. He can't help but smile, his heart skipping a beat, when Jade takes her hoodie off. She was just in a tight black tank top. She's beautiful... He thinks.

Jade pulled herself out of the perfect picture when she heard his voice, turning to look at him. Was he..blushing? She smiles in appreciation, glad that he would let her peruse the rest of his masterpieces. Jade didn't want to seem rude again. So she didn't retrieve the paper from his hand. Instead, she pulled up her left hand and wrote directly on her skin once again. I am honored to be someone you'd share your drawings with. Thank you.
Jade showed him her words on her palm. To others it would seem as if she was saying 'talk to the hand.' And in a funny mixed up way, she kind of was.
Then she continued to flip past the section of Romeo & Juliet, only to come across a drawing of a girl riding a bike..with jeans..a messenger bag, and straight, chestnut hair. Her brow furrowed in confusion as her fingers traced the outline of the stranger on the page. It was Jade, surely, but...not Jade. The girl in the picture looked beautiful and...happy. How did he make her look like this? Why did he even draw her at all?
She questioned him with her eyes this time, turning her head to meet his gorgeous eyes as her index finger pointed to the female in the drawing. She cocked her head a little to the side, trying to make it clear that she didn't understand why he'd do this.

Austin smiles, seeing that she was happy to look at his drawings. He sees her write on her hand and shows him it. He reads it and can't help but smile.

I am honored to be someone you'd share your drawings with. Thank you.

"Your welcome Jade. Thank you for appreciating them." He replies smiling. He chuckles knowing people were probably looking at them strange but he didn't care. He notices her get to his drawings of her and smiles more. He watches her reaction of confusion. It was like she didn't think she was as happy and beautiful as he drew her. He looks at her, his eyes meeting hers. "Like I said, you intrigue me Jade. I don't just draw anything, I draw things the interest me." He says, answering her question. "You are beautiful Jade. You just don't realize it and I think you need to, not trying to be rude." He says, genuinely smiling at her.

Jade widens her eyes at his response. This guy just keeps surprising her with his charming comments and amazing talents. How could anyone be so perfect?
She interests him? What could be interesting about a girl he only just received the name of?
Jade covers her face with her hands when he talks about her beauty. If she was so beautiful, wouldn't she have at least one human friend? Wouldn't she be treated like she mattered?
Jade shook her head, and lowered her hands back to the sketchpad. It's impossible. Too many pieces of evidence tell her how ugly she is. So why does Austin say otherwise when he only just met her? She wanted to ask him all of these questions, but just like the situation with her parents, there wa just too much to write and she could never truly convey her feelings without...a voice. So she winced and continued to flip through his drawings, gasping at the fact that there were so many he'd drawn and colored of her. One she flipped by had a deflated football on it, but confused as she was by his opinion of her appearance, she flipped right past it until she found the unfinished drawing of her face. Jade's jaw slackened and she jerked her head forward a little bit, so that her long hair would form a curtain between her and the boy that had so honestly spoken to her. How could she believe him to be a liar though? No one in their right mind would so often draw an ugly girl in their sketchbook so he must be telling the truth. He really thinks her beautiful?

Austin chuckles at her reaction to his reply. She's so adorable he thinks.
He could tell she was still confused about why he liked her. He truly thinks she was beautiful yet she doesn't understand. He realizes it must be because of her life. She has no confidence in herself because she's mute, unable to express herself freely. He watches her look more of his drawings of her and smiles.

He chuckles when she sees his drawing of a deflated football. "That was one of my first drawings. I don't really like football. My passion is drawing. I'm only in football because my dad forces me too." He explains, seeing her confusion.

He can't help but smile when she gets to the final drawing. The one he started of her face. He couldn't stop looking at her, she was beautiful. He then gets up and holds out his hand to her. "Come on, I bet you're hungry after sitting here so long." He says, looking down at her smiling.

Reactions: Ravenbelle
As Austin informs her of the picture of the football, her gaze locks to his again. jade cocked her head to the side again. If he loved drawing so much, why not just switch to art class or something? His dad wouldn't be that mad right?
Before she could write on her skin again though, he stood and offered her a hand. What for? She assumed it was for the sketch pad so she handed the valuable possession to him and tied her hoodie around her waist before using the tree to stand and stretch her arms above her head with a little sigh. A small sliver of skin between the rising fabric of her shirt and the top of her jeans became exposed to the sunlight, but it disappeared when she lowered her hands again. With her purse over her shoulder, she followed Austin because hopefully that's what he meant for her to do. Man this would be so convenient if he only knew sign language. Oh well. This is how normal people are. She has to deal with it.

Austin smiles, his gaze locking with hers. "I know what you're probably thinking, I would love to switch to art class and join the art club. I tried telling my dad that that's what I want but he ignored me. He's making me live his dream, his life, just so he can go brag to his friends about me." He says.

He chuckles when she thinks he wants his sketchbook back. He takes it anyway and watches her get up. He can't help but feel his heart skip again when he sees her shirt rises a little, exposing her fair skin. He smiles and walks with her to town. "I know this is probably awkward, having this 'talking' gap I guess. How about you teach me some sign language? That way it's easier." He says/asks, looking at her as they walk.

Jade frowned angrily when she heard what Austin's father was doing, but she didn't have a chance to comment, so she picked up the paper with her handwriting on it and held her hand poised over the paper with her pen. As he walks her back into town, she pulled her bike along beside her, making sure not to leave it at the park. She transfers her bag, paper, pen and hoodie into the basket and walks with her hands on the handle bars. The green bike is on her right side, so there isn't much space between Jade and Austin on her left. She has to look up at him to make eye-contact because she's quite a bit shorter than him.
"I know this is probably awkward, having this 'talking' gap I guess. How about you teach me some sign language? That way it's easier."
She was so grateful that he'd be so willing to learn some, even though he's just met her. Man he is flawless. But before she can begin to think of how to respond, a strawberry blonde girl wearing very skimpy clothing comes dashing down the street, calling out to Austin like he's a puppy. Two other girls follow her. Probably some sort of posse. Jade instantly begins to despise the girl. Half her shirt is missing, but the part that is visible had Amberwood High written all over it. A cheerleader maybe?
When she reaches them, her blue eyes dart between Jade and Austin, confused. "Hey Austie, who's this nobody? I've never seen her around."
Austie? Ew. Jade frowned. Even though she was speaking to Austin, she was standing tall over Jade, trying to intimidate her into submission. The girl was almost as tall as Austin himself. But Jade wasn't going down without a fight. This little nobody glared right back. Emerald sparking against Icy blue.

Last edited:
Austin notices Jade's reaction to him telling her about his father. "It's okay though. Just a few more weeks and I'll be free to do whatever I want." He reassures her smiling. He honestly didn't realize just how much taller he was then her until now. He was around 5'11" so she had to be maybe 5'5" or 5'6". He didn't mind though and it appeared she didn't either. He smiles looking down at her seeing her smile at what he says.

His smile quickly fades when he hears a familiar voice call out to him. Amber... he thinks. He sighs and stops walking, watching his ex-girlfriend walk over to him. He notices her skimpy clothes, making her look like a complete slut. He rolls his eyes when she uses her old pet name for him. "Hello Amber, I wasn't expecting to see you in town." He says, trying to hide his disgust. "This is Jade, she delivers the newspapers every morning. She's quite shy but she's an amazing girl. She doesn't like being around sluts like you, and I don't either so you can leave us alone." He replies, putting his arm gently around Jade's waist, almost protectively.

Jade smirked a little at Austin's response to the face of the girl with too much make up. He actually called her a slut! A warmth inside Jade made her heart glow when he wrapped his muscular arm around her.
Did he say that she was shy to keep her from having to make them tell her about her birth defect? Because if it weren't for the inability to speak, Jade would hardly ever keep her mouth shut.
Amber gave him an insulted and shocked look, then turned back to Jade. They hated each other instantly.
"What have you done to him you little bitch? We loved each other and now you're stringing him along like a puppy?! Well? Are you going to say something? Or is the baby too shy?" Amber immediately went on the offensive and unable to speak for herself, Jade leaned a little into Austin's side, gripping the handle bars of her bike so as to keep herself from throwing a punch as Amber's little posse snickered at the head's comments. Her eyes sparked with hatred for the strawberry blonde moron standing proudly in front of her. Jade may be unable to make much noise, but she can give the dirtiest looks.

Last edited:
Austin smirks seeing Amber's shocked face. He never liked Amber and didn't get how the hell he ever loved her. He was glad that he dumped and was done with her. He then hears the bitch insult Jade and glares at her. He holds Jade slightly tighter due to his protectiveness of her.

"Leave her alone Amber. She's done nothing to me. I just realized what I should've a long time ago. I realized that you're nothing but a fake slutty bitch. All you wanted was my popularity, nothing else. I'm done with you Amber so don't bother me ever again." He slightly snaps at her. He chuckles seeing Jade give Amber a look that could literally kill.

"C'mon Jade. Let's get some lunch." He says, looking at her smiling. He then goes around Amber and walks off with Jade to get lunch. "I'm sorry you had to meet Amber. She's just a cold heartless slut. Just ignore everything she said about you ok?" He says/asks, looking down at her, his arm still around Jade's waist.

Pressed to Austin's side when he pulled her closer, Jade felt more confident than ever and she smiled at his response to her insulting words. The cheerleader was stunned into a silence that rivaled Jade's, her mouth like a fish with loo much lipstick on. They walked past the idiotic trio and Jade subtly pulled her hand off of her bike to flip the bird at Amber behind her back where no one else could see. That was how brave she felt when standing with Austin.
He suggested they grab some lunch and Jade nodded and a small smile graced her lips when he told her to ignore Amber. She would follow his instructions. Nothing the blonde had said hurt Jade anyway, so she wouldn't let the confrontation bother her at all.
Jade's mind backtracked to before Amber, wondering what they had been talking about before her unwelcome presence. Oh right! Does he still want to learn sign language? Once they were seated somewhere, her hands would be free to write down the question. It felt so good to be able to have a real conversation with someone. On topics other than cases at the firm or grades in virtual school. Which were perfect thanks to her lack of social life.

Status
Not open for further replies.