New, have no idea how to get started

L

Laur

Original poster
Hi there. I'm new and I'm not exactly sure how to get a clean start on this here website. I tried roleplaying on tumblr but I couldn't figure out how to get started in the RP I signed up for and they were mostly doing one-liners accompanied by gifs which is not the kind of roleplaying I actually like. I like to roleplay in full paragraphs.

I'm not sure if filling out my profile is essential to getting people to roleplay with me. I really just want to jump into something or find a steady group roleplay or roleplay partner who I can interact with daily but at the same time who does not expect me to be at my computer 24/7 because I like to balance roleplaying with my very busy offline life. I'm the kind of person who wants to get involved first and then fill in my profile as I become part of the community. So that's why I'm pretty blank right now.

Sorry for rambling. If you have any advice or suggestions for RP's to join, or just want to say hi, feel free to respond. :) I'm really a friendly person so don't worry about it.

Welcome! You ever want to rp, check out my profile and see what may interest you :) and shoot me a PM (Private Message) I might have some rps you might like to join in :)

Hello and welcome to Iwaku, Laur! I think a lot of folks here also have busy offline lives (I know I do at least), so we understand where you are coming from. If you need some guidance or help, feel free to let me or anyone else know.

For now though, take a look at our Jump-In Roleplays as a good place where you can freely post in any RP and just jump right into the action. The Roleplay Institute is a great resource if you are looking to improve your writing or need a refresher. When you feel comfortable, take a look at the Global Signups & Plot List to see some of the more in-depth roleplays that are in development.

Hope you enjoy your time here, Laur! I'm sure you'll find something that suits your fancy.

Thanks guys! I'll take a look at the things you mentioned. :) I'm really excited to start roleplaying here. You guys seem really cool!

Reactions: Koene