Neophyte Newbie Here :)

E

equinoxa

Original poster
Hello!

My name is Jayne, and I am an eighteen year old high school senior who's just trying roleplaying for the first time. I greatly enjoy writing, especially poetry and short stories. Ergo, I decided that roleplaying may be a fulfilling way to develop writing skills, meet new people, and learn more about various topics.

I must confess that I am a newbie in every sense of the word-I know very little about roleplaying, only what I have read on WikiHow, eHow, and Tumblr. If I make any mistakes I would appreciate being steered in the right direction, and I apologize in advance if I annoy, agitate, or otherwise behave like a complete noob. I do promise to avidly follow all rules and forms of etiquette that I am aware of, and to be as self-sufficient as possible.

In terms of interests, I am interested in steampunk, cyberpunk, industrial, and gothic culture, as well as science fiction, realistic fiction, and historical eras (all time periods from ancient to modern day interest me).

Thank you for reading this!

- Jayne

Yay another noob =] Hello!
Well I'm not a noob to roleplaying, I'm just a noob to this site =]

Hello equinoxa,
Welcome to the community, I hope you find it to your liking.

Since you're new to rp I have a couple of links to give you to you.

This is the roleplaying guide for both veterans and newbies. I hope you'll find it useful.

And here is the Roleplay Academy. It's where you can do some writing exercises and request for a Mentor. We have workshops as well to help you improve upon your roleplaying skills.

If you have any questions, shoot them my way, I'm more than happy to help.

Hello Newling!

Good thing for you we strive to create a nurturing environment for new RPers with projects like The Roleplay Academy where you can find a mentor (even me) you show you the ropes or just do challenges for fun and to improve your skills!

We also have the FAQ that should answer any questions you have and if not feel free to post comment, feedback, bug reports, and questions in the Community Hub or ask a Staff Member or Admin if you need help.

See you in the threads!

*pokes Jayne* well hello there. Don't worry I was a newbie like you too once. It'll get better. Especially since you like english. Also I'm of the year of 18.