2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science-Fiction, Science-Fantasy, Magical Girl, Mystery, Slice of Life,
Myths and legends could be said to be the prototypes of modern novels. They are stories in their own right, tales that were passed on for generations. Even today, some elements from the old myths remain in our stories and occasionally, they serve as inspiration.

This week's mythical element is: Chih-nii
silkWeaving2.jpg

Chih-nii, or Chih-nu is the goddess of spinners, weavers and clouds who rules over handcrafts and the rain, but it is also said that she takes the side of women who discover love late in their life. This is because Chih-nii was so busy weaving clothes for the other deities that she had no time for love herself, however, her sister managed to convince her to take a break and play a bit in the world of mortals. However, while she was bathing, her clothes were stolen by a cowherd. Unable to return to her realm without her clothes, Chih-nii sought out the cowherd, who asked for her hand in marriage. Chih-nii fell in love with the man over time, but she was force to return to the realm of the gods. While the cowherd was heartbroken and tried to follow her, he was stopped on the far side of the Celestial River, or the Milky Way. Now, Chih-nii and the cowherd can only meet every seventh day of the seventh month, when the magpies form a bridge over the Celestial river with their wings.

Your challenge is to write a story that incorporates your own take on this mythical element. The genre and setting of the story does not matter as long as the element remains recognisable.

Oh, the japanese Tanabata legend. I love that story so I'll try thinking up a story like that.

This is very interesting. I'm signing up for it. I'm new to the site naturally I have a few questions. Do we post the story here, or create a new post? And are there any rules I may not be aware off that I should look at? Thanks!

You post your story/plot/etc right here in the challenge thread. :D

She was the most talented seamstress in the county, and therefore, the richest. Her quilts and carpets and jumpers and scarves drew in a countrywide crowd. Some even said she was god's gift. Little did they know, she was. She is actually a demigod. Chih-nuu was her mother, coming to her on her eighteenth birthday to tell her of her gift and why it occurred. Now she used it to do what her mother would want her to do. Quilt and sow until they would meet again once more, for the last time. When she passed on to the afterlife.

Reactions: Villamvihar