Mystery Thread #20 | Ghostie & Uruvion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyu

Your Friendly, Neighborly Crazy-Cat Edgelady
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
  5. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
At night-- (UTC-4:00) Atlantic Time
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Anything as long as it has plot! I don't mind experimenting.
@Ghostie and @Uruvion
Genre: Slice of Life
Gender Preference: MxF
Post Length: 2-3 paragraphs

Prompt: In the midst of a pandemic, two frenemies (Ghostie: Female & Uruvion: Male) find themselves unexpectedly sequestered together in a house they rented. As they navigate the challenges of shared space, the frenemies must discover new ways to tolerate each other and forge an unlikely bond to weather the storm.

Time Limit: 10 posts each (20 in total) or August 2 (two weeks)

hh
hh
TRISTEN

"What do you mean you aren't able to make it to the cabin?!" Tristen practically screamed as she spoke on the phone with the rest of her friends on a group call. The eight of them were supposed to meet up for their anual friend reunion, but clearly she and… he who shall not be named were the only two able to keep up the bargain. Lucky her…

"They're saying they won't let us on the plane because Uriah ended up testing positive for the virus and we all came together, so they say it's more than likely we all have it now." Millie explained to her friend over the phone. Tris could've literally cried. The other day, if someone told her she'd be stuck at a lakeside cabin alone with almost her worst enemy she'd have laughed in their face. "Oh, so this is what I get for coming to check things out early? Stuck at a cabin with you know who?!" The brunette groaned as she paced back and forth, running her fingers through her hair in an attempt to keep the anxiety at bay.

"I'm so sorry Tris! If we could get around it you know we would! And we will make it up to you, I promise! We love you!" She could practically hear her awkward smile over the phone, and with that she heard the beep beep beep of her iPhone hanging up. It took everything in her not to scream out loud; so instead, she just made her way over to the couch where her favorite person was sitting, dilly-dallying away on his phone. "Soo I have some news…" Tristen started with a sigh. "It's just the two of us… stuck here…" she mumbled the last couple words as the realization of their situation hit her completely.
@Uruvion
LOCATION | INTERACTIONS |
code by wren.

Reactions: Uruvion
Axel.png

Axel was just arriving at the cabin, struggling with armfuls of groceries as he opened the door. He had gone out in order to avoid being alone with Tris, the one person in their shared group of friends that he couldn't stand. They had nothing in common and there was an unspoken animosity between them, but they never really talked about it. Most of the time when Axel would address the group when they were all out together, he would either acknowledge Tris last, or exclude her completely.

He was in the kitchen putting groceries away, leaving out the bourbon and whiskey that he'd picked up on the counter, mostly for the rest of the group since he didn't drink much but they would all share a drink later. He was looking forward to spending the week with most of his friends, enjoying the hot tub, playing board games in the big living room, and possibly getting some alone time with Millie and generally having fun. It was planned as a nice vacation to get away from society for a while and enjoy the woods but that all came crashing down when his phone vibrated on the counter. He turned his phone over with the hope that it was one of them saying that they were on their way so he wouldn't be stuck here for too long alone with Tris. He read the text message and his heart sank. He had to reread it again to make sure that it was real.

"Hey bro, Uriah tested positive for the virus so we're stuck here."

Axel was frantically texting back and forth with Grant, seeing what they could do to get here. Testing results usually took a while but even if they could make it here in the middle of the week it wouldn't be a total loss. One by one everything that he was looking forward to enjoying was flying out the window. No hot tub with friends, no board games, no enjoying nature, no possibility of sex. It was just Tris and him here alone for a week. This couldn't be real, it had to be a dream, there had to be a way. He was clearly in the denial stage of grief. He took a minute to just stand in the kitchen, staring at the counter as the realization set in. He'd already paid his share for the cabin and there were no refunds, so if he went home, it would be money wasted and he didn't want to do that.

Axel walked into the living room and sat on one end of the couch, scrolling on his phone and seeing how long it would be for results if they all got tested today and he didn't like the answer.

When Tris approached and sat on the couch he glanced over to her from his phone. It took everything in him not to shout "I KNOW" but he needed to learn more tact if he was going to be here a week with her alone. They didn't have to do anything together but they did have to share a space so he was going to make an effort to be at least civil.

"Yeah…Grant texted me and told me everything. It looks like even if they do get cleared, they won't make it here by the end of the week." he said, gesturing with his phone.

@Ghostie

Last edited:
Mystery Thread has been concluded due to the arrival of Aug 2! If you both enjoyed rping with another; then I highly encourage you both to continue to converse via PM or Discord if you are comfortable as such! If you wish to use the prompt given, please feel free to do so!

If you wish to participate in another Mystery Thread, just reply to your PM'd Application and request Manna Beast to set you up for another one!

Thank you for participating; it was a joy to read along!

Status
Not open for further replies.